• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Mazre

w1lkZaw.png

Sorry Gorlak. Not much to say here my curiosity to see Gorlak flip was piqued when the possibility arose, I think I went back and forth about a half dozen times in the last few minutes of the phase.

We only had 9 people on the top 2 candidates and only 12 on the top 3 with a number of people picking up single votes. I'd say almost certainly 1 in the 9 players on Gorlak and Trigger, 1 in the Other column, and 2-3 (depending on strength/neutrals) spread among all remaining players regardless of vote grouping (i.e. could be 2 or more in the top 2 candidates or 'other' columns but near certainly 1 in each.)

AB's death is a little surprising. He had certainly moved up as a potential suspect with the MickD vote while we had 3 other candidates with far more support.

There's a decent chance that Trigger is town but most of the arguments made against him yesterday still stand for now. Would still be interested in hearing his opinions on how day 1 unfolded.

Mazre

I suspect activity will be lower most of this phase due to Thanksgiving in the US. I've got work tomorrow but should be free most of the rest of the phase.

Zubz/Swamped votes were interesting from the standpoint that the only player they could be seen to be protecting would be Satanic Saint. Not really confirmation of anything but may be something that has meaning later in the game (or nothing at all.)

bats I'm still pretty positive about, it's not impossible that he's scum but pushing a lynch as strongly as he did on day 1 would certainly be uncharacteristic for scum (slight wifom here.)

I'm not sure what the best path forward is right now. Trigger seems like the "safe" lynch for day 2, but it's much too soon to start down that path this early in the phase.

MickD

My apologies - I’m moving states next week and undergoing a lot of life changes. Trying to keep up.

Anyways, Day 1 gave me nothing to go on. I wasted my vote based on Gorlak through OMGUS.

batsnacks

I was going to say something similar but Mazre covered it pretty well.

Like yes I was pretty aggressively wrong but I don't see how putting myself in that kind of situation at the end of the day yesterday would benefit me as mafia. Even if Trigger is mafia, which idk maybe he is, I wouldn't stick my neck out like that ever as scum especially if Trigger isn't even defending himself. And if Trigger isn't mafia then what I did would literally make no sense if I was mafia.

Gorlak's posting at the end of the phase was really scummy, I was the only one voting AB and wanted to move my vote where it would have a more substantial impact on the game, and scummy gorlak who was a huge topic of conversation yesterday seemed like a great idea at the time. I like last minute shenanigans they're fun and I think generally help town a lot.

Fat4all

Banned
still can't make a large post of my thoughts yet :(

I work designing ads and black friday is here, so it's nothing but deadlines right now.

luckily, tomorrow's the last day I gotta worry about that before all the ads go out for print, so by the end of the day tomorrow I'll be fully back in.

I would like to comment on batsnacks briefly, though. If they are scum they are playing this a bit risky and a bit dumb, but if they are town they are playing a bit less dumb because scum would want to keep around town who look bad to other town.

I'll have to dissect that a lot more later.

StMeph

What about Trigger and MickD?

I think the reasons put forth for Trigger on Day 1 are still relevant, just that the last-minute stuff from bats and Maz cast a pretty long shadow and forced them to the top of the discussion.

I honestly don't remember enough about MickD and have to go back to read on him.

I think the reasons put forth for Trigger on Day 1 are still relevant, just that the last-minute stuff from bats and Maz cast a pretty long shadow and forced them to the top of the discussion.

I honestly don't remember enough about MickD and have to go back to read on him.

Trigger is hard to read. I'd rather vote him out sooner than later unless he starts opening up. I'll go along with batsnacks being town. Undecided on Mazre.

MickD, posted nothing substantial in Day 1. His only vote was on Gorlak without reason until he mentioned it today. Might be quiet scum along for the ride.

Zubz

Banned
Bats was gunning for Gorlak, but previously AB. If he's scum, it's a weird maf strategy to make himself look really bad by killing AB. Eh, wifom, though.

Wifom? Anyway, that's an interesting point about Bats. I'll have more in-depth analyses after work (Schedule's been crazy because of the holiday), but that was definitely a bizarre end to the day, no doubt about it. May not be scummy, but definitely peculiar.

Sorry I was not present at the end of Day 1. I was travelling. But it was good to see the town being active and I was surprised that Gorlak got lynched. I will post more. Time to go back and read those posts.

Swamped

Banned
VOTE: Blargonaut

I could also vote Ynnek for his safe and uncontroversial contributions on D1.

I wonder why AB died though. He did have suspicion on him. The only reason I can think is that scum thought he was a PR. I'll go back an re-read his posts. I know this is WIFOM territory but sometimes scum are straightforward.

If Blarg is scum, I expect the scum team is made up of people who can't really influence him or who aren't his biggest fans. Otherwise I would have expected some kind of gambit by now.

I decided to do some reading through AB and mickd. Namely i was seeing who AB had voted thinking that maybe that could point me to who is killer could have been.

Mickd hasn't really said anything pertinent to the game at hand which gives me some bad vibes based off what other people have said for scum tactics. This could be related to him moving as he said previously... but it still seems scummy to me.

Batsnacks is off my radar for now, as i am getting town vibes from him, though him and mazre could be working together as scum... seeing as how they both flipped on gorlak last minute and mazre came out saying that "Batsnacks is giving me the most solidly town vibe of anyone playing at the moment. " in a post.

This could be them trying to get the heat off of batsnacks, I wouldn't have thought this had it not been for their last minute flip. . .

I honestly kind of want to vote Mazre, if they end up being scum that also means Batsnacks is most likely scum.

Trigger

Yeah, the holiday is definitely going to slow down my posting. I'm not sure what input others are waiting for from me in specific. Gorlak's posts were clearly meant to be provocative and it resulted in his lynching. We've got reactions to work with, but it cost him his time in the game. I'll post my list of top town and top scum suspects soon.

Thanksgiving is going to put a hindrance on my attendance as well. I will be at family's until Monday. Ill try to get on, but i am unaware of the wifi connection there.

El Topo

We are working on a solution to the Thanksgiving problem. I am optimistic that we will manage to cancel this national holiday within the next hour.

We are working on a solution to the Thanksgiving problem. I am optimistic that we will manage to cancel this national holiday within the next hour.

Awesome, i look forward to hearing the good news from the family. Traveling tomorrow won't be fun anyway.

On a side note, i was hoping for more stuff to go down today so i could get my vote in early... For now i will:

Vote: Mazre

I will change it later if i have a chance to get on and if new information changes my stance.

squidyj

It's been decided that there was nothing to give thanks for in 2016, therefore Thanksgiving was deemed unnecessary.

Timeaisis

Wifom? Anyway, that's an interesting point about Bats. I'll have more in-depth analyses after work (Schedule's been crazy because of the holiday), but that was definitely a bizarre end to the day, no doubt about it. May not be scummy, but definitely peculiar.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Wine in front of me. Basically, it means bats could have been making himself look bad on purpose to brush off criticism and we have no way of knowing. Chicken and egg sort of thing.

I think bats is innocent because he was so wrong, essentially. But it could just look that way.

Mazre I feel might be more interesting. He had the final vote, after all. I'm gonna look into Mazre's post some more.

El Topo

My plan of cancelling Thanksgiving failed. I am now considering extending the day so that players can enjoy Thanksgiving. I will give an update on this tomorrow.

Have your book signed!
  1. ____________________✍
  2. ____________________✍
  3. ____________________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍

StMeph

I actually think a lot of people have canceled Thanksgiving to avoid family conflicts/squabbles as a result of the election results.

Fat4all

Banned
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Wine in front of me. Basically, it means bats could have been making himself look bad on purpose to brush off criticism and we have no way of knowing. Chicken and egg sort of thing.

Welp, I didn't know what I was cycling in my head had an actual definition in mafia.

While it's hard to say one way or another if bats made those moves for town or for scum, it could still be the start of a pattern to watch for. Probably won't do it again, but it'll still be interesting to see how it contrasts with later posts from them. I'm a little surprised Mazre isn't giving bats more flak for the last minute shuffle up, though. If I had been pressured into a literal last few seconds vote, I'd be peeved. Probably still wouldn't vote for bats, but I would've questions his actions a bit more.

That being said, Mazre already explained a bit of his mindset for the swap in detail already, and it's not exactly misguided as much as it just is, I suppose.

Also, yay, no more black friday ads.

Fat4all

Banned
Have your book signed!
  1. ____________________✍
  2. ____________________✍
  3. ____________________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍

*steps up to table in bookstore*

Hi Blarg, big fan of your works. Could you make it out to "Fat4all"?

Also, any hints on what B'la will be up to next?

*steps up to table in bookstore*

Hi Blarg, big fan of your works. Could you make it out to "Fat4all"?

*snip*

Have your book signed!
  1. _______Fat4all_______✍
  2. ____________________✍
  3. ____________________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍
  6. ____________________✍

Thanks for stopping by.​

Q&A
Q.
*snip*

Also, any hints on what B'la will be up to next?

A.
She was running into the night, last we saw of her? I think it'll pick up from there, we'll see.​

Have your book signed!
  1. ____________________✍
  2. ____________________✍
  3. ____________________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍

* waits patiently *
Hi, first time reader and new fan here.
I would love to have my book signed!

What authors inspired you to start writing?

Ynnek7

Gonna have to add me to the list of people mostly busy with Thanksgiving this day phase. Not doing much with family until Saturday, but retail has decided that Black Friday starts Thursday nowadays, lol.

Currently suspicious of a few people.
Satanic Saint - Made it through Night 1 safely. Maybe there is no truth to your claim yesterday, but the longer you live now the more suspicious it's going to seem.
squidyj - Started the game out asking whether or not we should vote out Blarg and now has placed a vote on Swamped, seemingly for wanting Blarg lynched.
MickD - Still hasn't given us anything of value, other than that his vote was an OMGUS vote, which was pretty much expected.

I spent a lot of the night phase pretty suspicious of Mazre, but I think that's dying down for now. Gorlak had been hinting that something might be up with his role with his early self-voting and weird posting. I can understand the temptation of wanting to see exactly what he was hiding (which we now know was absolutely nothing).

For the time being, I think my vote will go on to

VOTE: Blargonaut

Story time has been fun, but it would be nice to get something that we can use.

Zubz

Banned
I'll admit I'm not in the best cognitive condition for the game, as I am very tired. That said, Is your endgame for this list to give out info, Blarg? Because the only info we have on you is that Mazre was your waiter at a restaurant once, or something. I'm definitely hoping to get something of use because the story lost me midday yesterday, and I can't glean clues after studying it.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (3)
Swamped .515
Ynnek7 .540
Christina Mackenzie .541

Swamped (1)
squidyj .536

Mazre (1)
infinit777 .522

No active vote for Day 2:
batsnacks
Blargonaut
Dr. Worm
Dusk Soldier
Fat4all
Hobohodo
Mazre
MickD
Satanic Saint
StMeph
Timeaisis
Trigger
Zubz

Day 2 ends:
blu_1480370400.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

* waits patiently *
Hi, first time reader and new fan here.
I would love to have my book signed!

*snip*

Sure, I'll bite. Just sign my face.

Have your book signed!
  1. _______Fat4all________✍
  2. ______infinit777______✍
  3. _______Zubz_________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍
  6. ____________________✍
  7. ____________________✍
  8. ____________________✍

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!​

Q&A
Q.
*snip*

What authors inspired you to start writing?

A.
Shakespeare, of course. It wastes an auteur to settle for less.​

MickD

Not feeling swamped, maybe it's the play style but I'm been thinking scum since their first post. Very aggressive.

Top Bottom