• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Kawl_USC

I don't like Stanley leaving his vote on LP

Yea but he's asleep now. So while I agree taking off on Lp with a vote as a final move is kind of odd, can't really say it's any worse than if it was made shortly before deadline or what have you.

If it was any day other than 1 I hold this move in higher suspicion.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yea but he's asleep now. So while I agree taking off on Lp with a vote as a final move is kind of odd, can't really say it's any worse than if it was made shortly before deadline or what have you.

If it was any day other than 1 I hold this move in higher suspicion.
That's kinda my point. If it is his final vote it is as safe as can be.

Kawl_USC

That's kinda my point. If it is his final vote it is as safe as can be.
Yea but when I think Stan I definitely think of a more conservative and safe play style. So I can't say his vote is setting off any alarm bells.

Which is exactly what should be setting off alarm bells....

Which means I shouldn't be alarmed....

Gorlak

Banned
omg people actually have a life, get over it.

Sometimes RL is a bitch.

I won't apologize for anything, lynch me or shut up about my activity.

---
Going to read now.

Hey, guys. Sorry I didn't post in here last night, I was too tired.

Without further ado:

1. Gorlak - haven't noticed much from him, generic town read so far.
2. Ourobolus - never played a game with Ourobolus, appears to be an active player; seems like a townie so far; trying to get us to work together.
3. Lone_Prodigy - haven't gotten too much of a read on him, not sure if he's not posting often or if I'm just not noticing his posts.
4. melonrabbit - appears to be an active town player; haven't noticed her pushing one person over others to be lynched; haven't noticed her being overly defensive.
5. Sorian - one of the most prolific Gafia players; said he would be busy most of Day 1, which explains the departure from his usual posting frequency. Generally a very valuable town player.
6. nin1000 - currently the most aggressive player; going against Sorian and Ourobolus.
7. StanleyPalmtree - seems okay so far, relatively low post count.
8. Pop-O-Matic - becoming more active, haven't gotten much of a read yet.
9. Kawl_USC - becoming more active, haven't gotten much of a read yet.
10. Kyanrute made my eyes glaze over with his too long posts; generally reading him as aggressive and deflective?

Town: Sorian and Ourobolus

Null: Gorlak, Lone_Prodigy, melonrabbit, StanleyPalmtree, Pop-O-Matic, Kawl_USC

Scum: nin1000, Kyanrute

CzarTim

Day 1 votes

no lynch (0)
kyanrute 34 (132)

sorian (0)
pop-o-matic 36 (274)
melonrabbit 67 (199)

exmachina64 (0)
lone_prodigy 37 (152)
nin1000 62 (122)
kyanrute 132 (261)

ooruboloulous (1)
crab 39

ourobolus (2)
exmachina64 44 (77)
nin1000 122
sorian 161 (276)
gorlak 194

lone_prodigy (1)
sorian 46 (60)
stanleypalmtree 281

nin1000 (1)
ourobolus 54 (61)
ourobolus 141 (284)
kawl_usc 213 (282)
pop-o-matic 274
ourobolus 284 (291)

gorlak (2)
sorian 60 (161)
ourobolus 61 (120)
sorian 276
kawl_usc 282

stanleypalmtree (1)
exmachina64 77 (131)
ourobolus 291

kawl_usc (0)
ourobolus 120 (141)
kyanrute 261 (292)

kyanrute (1)
exmachina64 131

pop-o-matic (2)
melonrabbit 199
kyanrute 292

ora_1481140800.png

Kawl_USC

Without further ado:

2. Ourobolus - never played a game with Ourobolus, appears to be an active player; seems like a townie so far; trying to get us to work together.
3. Lone_Prodigy - haven't gotten too much of a read on him, not sure if he's not posting often or if I'm just not noticing his posts.
4. melonrabbit - appears to be an active town player; haven't noticed her pushing one person over others to be lynched; haven't noticed her being overly defensive.
5. Sorian - one of the most prolific Gafia players; said he would be busy most of Day 1, which explains the departure from his usual posting frequency. Generally a very valuable town player.
6. nin1000 - currently the most aggressive player; going against Sorian and Ourobolus.
10. Kyanrute made my eyes glaze over with his too long posts; generally reading him as aggressive and deflective?

That's a pretty interesting town duo you have.

Is Sorian town because of any particular posts or points? You only mention that typically he is a big town resource and that he hasn't posted as much as you would expect. So why is he a town read at the moment?

Also, ouro as generally seeming like a townie from his posts here?? I need to get around to reading whatever game you have access to.

Kawl_USC

Without further ado:

Do you think aggression and weird posts are alignment indicative or is that just a coincidence here?

Gorlak

Banned
kyan shitpost (aka next level). he obviously drew scum again and wants to find out what kind of crap he needs to post, to actually get lynched this time
[at least before a "cop" (we all know it was your shitty vote behaviour in bar mafia) gets him :p]

In all seriousness, I believe he's a vanilla baiting reactions.

pop for sorian
-> Sorian is someone to keep an eye on all time. In no way he should survive till endgame, just look at NX. He'll play the majority like a fiddle. If he's town that would be a big advantage, but we can't tell as of now and probably won't be able to find out in this game. I'm pro Sorian lynch at all times.

Let's lynch nin. He's going to ruin town's game somewhere along the line (you all have seen his game ending suicide) He'll never make sense at any point, there is no reason to keep him around.

Vote: nin1000

Oh, and there we have his claim, great... GET RID OF HIM.

Next up exmachina dropping inside out gifs. Are you trying to tell us something?

Stanley jumping at the no lynch vote, interesting. Got nothing to talk about StanleyScumtree?

Welp... someone got too much time. Hard to tell what he's talking about.

Oh, LP is in this game? :/ You're scum. I just have a gut feeling, you're scum.

Melon feels like driving by and trying to talk but not actually talking, hard to explain. Her posts give vibes of being uninvolved, trying to get by and survive. Best bet for a neutral.

Getting called out for not posting by LP. I've hit rock-bottom.

Kawl makes an entrance, with a nin vote. Good job. And a view towards Kyan I can share. He'd also lynch Sorian. Something strange is going on here.

(at post #213)

nin1000

Banned

just to check this

i made a list where i said the following towards ouro and Sorian

Ourobolus He is here, called out kyan.
Sorian currently working and will be coming in later

Sorian corrected me that he was acutally sleeping and he said my list was "a waste of space". I replied to that trying to figure out why he saw it as a waste of time, aswell as asking him if he would post before going to work.
He said he wanted to talk and i agreed and even apologzied for coming off as a dick.
That was it. So my question to you is how can you read those comments and come to the conclusion that i am going against Sorian ? Ouro ? how am i going against ouro if i might ask you besides my vote ?

feel free to answer

Kawl_USC

just to check this

i made a list where i said the following towards ouro and Sorian

Ourobolus He is here, called out kyan.
Sorian currently working and will be coming in later

Sorian corrected me that he was acutally sleeping and he said my list was "a waste of space". I replied to that trying to figure out why he saw it as a waste of time, aswell as asking him if he would post before going to work.
He said he wanted to talk and i agreed and even apologzied for coming off as a dick.
That was it. So my question to you is how can you read those comments and come to the conclusion that i am going against Sorian ? Ouro ? how am i going against ouro if i might ask you besides my vote ?

feel free to answer

Posturing and words are cheap

Votes have meaaaaaning

Kyanrute

kyan shitpost (aka next level). he obviously drew scum again and wants to find out what kind of crap he needs to post, to actually get lynched this time
[at least before a "cop" (we all know it was your shitty vote behaviour in bar mafia) gets him :p]

cop brought out the vote record, had it not been for that i think i could've survived a day

FUCK COPS

Kawl_USC

cop brought out the vote record, had it not been for that i think i could've survived a day

FUCK COPS

I'm looking forward to you being town to gain a little perspective.

Some of your opinions have been forged in the fires of 5 time scum with no town.

Cops are fine and a pretty integral part of the basic mafia set up dawg.

Beyond that, are you going to play the game with any meaning?

nin1000

Banned
Posturing and words are cheap

Votes have meaaaaaning

that is true

Unvote

looks like i will go down today. Sad thing indeed but understandable since a lot of people dont want to see me in late game and see me as more of a danger. As for who would be in my scum list? Will make up my mind and post another read list in a second.

Another vote will be cast then aswell.

Kyanrute

I'm looking forward to you being town to gain a little perspective.

Some of your opinions have been forged in the fires of 5 time scum with no town.

Cops are fine and a pretty integral part of the basic mafia set up dawg.

Beyond that, are you going to play the game with any meaning?

are you the cop this time

Going? Why the future tense?

Gorlak

Banned
okay general question:

do people generally find day 1 more helpful in retrospect when votes are all out scattered around, or when its a more clear general 2 or 3 way horse race?

Most useful is a scum contender that get's lynched later to find the other scum as vote shifters. 2 or 3 way horse race can have that advantage. But the big disadvantage of our low player number is that we probably won't find jack shit in voting patterns, especially with only a small scum team.

So the important part we have to look at is the justification for the individual vote again and again and again. But I doubt I need to tell that anyone here, did it nevertheless.

---
Hm, that Stan talk between melon and Kawl feels off. Something might be in there, we'll have to look back later.

Karl vs Ouro

Sorian brought up missing data concerning a Kyan town play, that's one sneaky sentence you snuk in there. Oh Kyan immediatly reacted to that.

pop is here. I've got to say. K.

nin being sour about past mistakes, that's understandable. you can't make everyone forget.

(at #300)

Kawl_USC

Most useful is a scum contender that get's lynched later to find the other scum as vote shifters. 2 or 3 way horse race can have that advantage. But the big disadvantage of our low player number is that we probably won't find jack shit in voting patterns, especially with only a small scum team.

So the important part we have to look at is the justification for the individual vote again and again and again. But I doubt I need to tell that anyone here, did it nevertheless.

---
Hm, that Stan talk between melon and Kawl feels off. Something might be in there, we'll have to look back later.

Karl vs Ouro

Sorian brought up missing data concerning a Kyan town play, that's one sneaky sentence you snuk in there. Oh Kyan immediatly reacted to that.

pop is here. I've got to say. K.

nin being sour about past mistakes, that's understandable. you can't make everyone forget.

(at #300)

Damnit Gorlak making a post that isn't worthless

Unvote

Vote count?

That's a pretty interesting town duo you have.

Is Sorian town because of any particular posts or points? You only mention that typically he is a big town resource and that he hasn't posted as much as you would expect. So why is he a town read at the moment?

Also, ouro as generally seeming like a townie from his posts here?? I need to get around to reading whatever game you have access to.

Just my early impressions.

I've been in one or two games with Sorian and I know him to be a prolific poster. I trust him and he tends to become defacto town leadership from what I've seen. I could be really wrong with that, I don't know.

I don't think I've played with Ouro before, his posts haven't come across as scum to me yet. Unless I missed some scum tell, it looks like he's trying to get people to be more active.

CzarTim

Day 1 votes

no lynch (0)
kyanrute 34 (132)

sorian (0)
pop-o-matic 36 (274)
melonrabbit 67 (199)

exmachina64 (0)
lone_prodigy 37 (152)
nin1000 62 (122)
kyanrute 132 (261)

ooruboloulous (1)
crab 39

ourobolus (0)
exmachina64 44 (77)
nin1000 122 (315)
sorian 161 (276)
gorlak 194 (310)

lone_prodigy (1)
sorian 46 (60)
stanleypalmtree 281

nin1000 (2)
ourobolus 54 (61)
ourobolus 141 (284)
kawl_usc 213 (282)
pop-o-matic 274
ourobolus 284 (291)
gorlak 310

gorlak (1)
sorian 60 (161)
ourobolus 61 (120)
sorian 276
kawl_usc 282 (323)

stanleypalmtree (2)
exmachina64 77 (131)
ourobolus 291
kyanrute 324

kawl_usc (0)
ourobolus 120 (141)
kyanrute 261 (292)

kyanrute (1)
exmachina64 131

pop-o-matic (1)
melonrabbit 199
kyanrute 292 (324)

ora_1481140800.png

I still don't really get what Ouro's problem with Stanley is. I mean, L_P certainly isn't my first choice to lynch, but I'd vote for him before I vote for Stanley. Just because a vote is "safe" doesn't mean it's a scumtell.

Gorlak

Banned
Yes, stan's vote is safe as fuck, but he's always weird. Don't know if that is enough to vote him.

Ouro who's scum in this game? Tell me, plz.

Kawl_USC

Just my early impressions.

I've been in one or two games with Sorian and I know him to be a prolific poster. I trust him and he tends to become defacto town leadership from what I've seen. I could be really wrong with that, I don't know.

I don't think I've played with Ouro before, his posts haven't come across as scum to me yet. Unless I missed some scum tell, it looks like he's trying to get people to be more active.

I'd highly recommend not doing that for any one in any particular game with out being given a very good reason. This is why Sorian is dangerous grumble grumble

Ourobolus

Banned
I still don't really get what Ouro's problem with Stanley is. I mean, L_P certainly isn't my first choice to lynch, but I'd vote for him before I vote for Stanley. Just because a vote is "safe" doesn't mean it's a scumtell.
*looks at pop*
*looks at the number next to the word "Day"*
*looks at pop again*

Gorlak

Banned
I've got the most odd feeling about exmachina, maybe it's because of all people in here I know him the least. Can't tell. This read list looks wrong.

I'd vote out exmachina today.

Currently my candidates are:

nin1000, Sorian, exmachina64

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh look more garbage from the garbage boy

It's a valid question

And you continue the flippant responses to valid questions

Zzzz
I already explained it. To you, in fact. It clearly is a final vote, nobody else has even looked at LP seriously enough to move forward on a vote train, and yet he puts it there. Of course it doesn't definitively mean he is scum, hence my "flippant" response to pop.

I already explained it. To you, in fact. It clearly is a final vote, nobody else has even looked at LP seriously enough to move forward on a vote train, and yet he puts it there. Of course it doesn't definitively mean he is scum, hence my "flippant" response to pop.

I did say I would vote for LP.

Gorlak

Banned
Ouro don't you ignore me, that question was serious. I want your current read in as of now.

Kyan continues to play the "I don't care about anything, I post what I want" role.

The thing about nin normally he'd screamed at me and how much of a bad player I am for the millionth time, but he hasn't. He acts self-deafeted, passive. Why did you claim so early, are you trying to win this game?

I agree it's a shitty reasoning to vote you out for, but nothing you show let's me hope for an improvement in the coming days.

Gorlak

Banned
Melon are you here, are you playing? Feels like you are trying to survive on passive safe stands. Trying not to make a big fuss. Nodding here and there. Are you neutral?

Ourobolus

Banned
I did say I would vote for LP.

Yeah but it never really gained traction nor did you put a vote down.

Ouro don't you ignore me, that question was serious. I want your current read in as of now.

Kyan continues to play the "I don't care about anything, I post what I want" role.

The thing about nin normally he'd screamed at me and how much of a bad player I am for the millionth time, but he hasn't. He acts self-deafeted, passive. Why did you claim so early, are you trying to win this game?

I agree it's a shitty reasoning to vote you out for, but nothing you show let's me hope for an improvement in the coming days.

Lean scum/neutral:
Nin
Melon
Sorian
Stanley (yes I know there are probably not 4 scum+neutral)

Null:
Everyone else

Town:
Ouro
Maybe Karl

Kawl_USC

I've got the most odd feeling about exmachina, maybe it's because of all people in here I know him the least. Can't tell. This read list looks wrong.

I'd vote out exmachina today.

Currently my candidates are:

nin1000, Sorian, exmachina64

Gorlaks thoughts continuing to line up so well with mine make me think I've got to go all the way back to the drawing board....

Melon are you here, are you playing? Feels like you are trying to survive on passive safe stands. Trying not to make a big fuss. Nodding here and there. Are you neutral?

I'm on lunch, so here for now.

No. I'm neutral.

I was proactive yesterday and you guys decided to dick around. What is my safe stand exactly?

Top Bottom