• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

starsketch (1)
flatearthpandas 1776 (1898)
starsketch 1787
natiko 1801 (1814)

plop (2)
wherearemahdragonz 1811
hyperactivity 1918
plop 1967 (1975)

blackbuzzard (2)
natiko 1814
plop 1870 (1967)
ii-vanguard-ii 2000

hyperactivity (2)
11037 1848
flatearthpandas 1898

Day Ends:

bla_1481317200.png

Verelios

Argh, fuck it. No one's on Star for today and killing off Hyper is counterproductive as of now. With Plop role-claiming...sorry BB

Vote:BlackBuzzard

I peep what you're saying Natiko, everyone come on, let's get this settled before there's only an hour left.

Seriously.

Half the reason I tole claimed was so town had ample time to focus on an actual target. Instead, nobody says anything and people like WAMD and Hyper are keeping their votes on me.

This last hour is going to be a clusterfuck again.

10[m]Natiko- Natiko gets my first full town read. He derp-cleared himself in my eyes right at the start of day 1 by thinking that scum couldn't talk until day 1 started. Clever ploy? Maybe but I know occam's razor scares some of you, sometimes it's as simple as that. Will re-visit in later days if something triggers me but his play otherwise has been uneventful and reeks of newbie trying not to drown in this setting, town

12[m]plop- I hate RNG votes once real information comes into the thread. I expressly wrote out that exact sentiment and then plop comes in a good 5-10 minutes later and does an RNG vote without a care in the world. He could have just not read my post, I threw that line out there and he never bit on it saying if he did or not if I recall but if he did read my post, I don't see new scum doing that. Much to fran's dismay, I don't even see a vet telling plop to do that. It's dumb to draw the possible attention to yourself over something so easily avoidable. At this point it's WIFOM but I think it shows me a town plop as with my other big town read, it's built on a single instance and needs to be re-visited as more info comes out as plop has really done nothing else to impress me, town.

Remember how Style said he had been in a gossip chat with Sorian?

These were Sorian's only two fully town reads

Natiko

Banned
He's trying to say either you or Plop were invited to gossip chat by Sorian, told Style in scum chat, and he ran with it next day.
Okay that makes more sense than what I was thinking. I'm not sure it's particularly clear that Sorian would for sure go for someone he thinks is a plain Town though. What purpose would that discussion have? I think it's more likely that he would pick someone he wants a better read on, but doesn't inherently think is scum. Also I believe Style made the claim that Sorian spoke with him and then only came back later with the summary of the discussion. Anyone not on mobile care enough to go see how far apart those posts were time wise? He may have just made the claim upon seeing the role and then made up some random crap afterwards.

Natiko

Banned
So I'm wondering:

Whose death would we learn more from between me and BB?
At this point I'm not really sure. A lot of this has become complicated by the fact that so many of our suspects look bad. There's valid arguments to lynch a solid four people right now yet I doubt we have four scum left. Two have claimed Town power roles so may as well go for the ones that if they flip Town will hurt us less, but you all look bad right now.

ALRIGHTY THEN:

Update: I feel safer about 11037, more confident about my town read on WAMD, still unsure about starsketch, and feel pretty safe in saying that BlackBuzzard is town.

Going through BlackBuzzard's posts... there isn't much that sways me one way or another. The most I can say is that he was decently adamant about voting for Style day 1, but that could just as well be scum planting one of their own on a vote they know wouldn't happen that day (although I doubt it as he voted much earlier, Sorian himself said that he doubted that scum would bus so early on)

The main thing going for him?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=23241959&pp=50&page=4

Posts 260, 294, 328, 330, 343, and 908

Still nothing from Rynam or BlackBuzzard. Can we get some more pressure on these guys?

We need to converge our votes a bit here. They're too split and we're not putting pressure on anyone. Maybe newbies are too afraid to lynch.

Here's the reality: we're going to lynch someone and it's likely going to be town. We might get lucky and catch scum, but the odds are not on our side.

I would rather lynch inactive town than risk killing a townie who's actually contributing. For that reason I'm leaving my vote on BlackBuzzard until he responds with something of worth.

You're exactly right. Day 1 is the best time to hit in actives. And we do get information by means of voting patterns. But really, I don't want to lynch an inactive...I want the inactive to come forward with some actual thought and meaningful content. If by the end of the day they still refuse to come forward, then I am in full support of a lynch.

BlackBuzzard has done so in a very minimal way so far (StarSketch suspicions). At least that's something. But I want more.

So to the inactive...We're not looking for role claims. We're looking for reads and input on what's going on. Who do you suspect? Who do you trust? How do you want the day to pan out? As an inactive townie, you're not offering any value. As an inactive scum, you're trying to go unnoticed so people won't have any evidence in support of a lynch. Both cases are grounds for a lynch in my eyes, especially day 1 when we have no other targets to go after.

Notice how, whenever TheExodu5 brings up inactives, the name that always seems to come around is BlackBuzzard's

I feel pretty damn confident in saying that TheExodu5 was setting BlackBuzzard up as a possible lynch target for day 1. By bringing attention to one specific set of inactives, he can try and avoid the others getting targeted.

As for post 908, well, that's his reads list

BlackBuzzard - kind of seems to go with the flow. Might be newbie play and a lack of confidence. Might be scummy. The main thing that makes me lean scum is that he only really seems to post when prodded. Slight scum.

Vanguard - I don't feel the RNG was all that scummy and I believe he was inactive due to outside factors. The fact that he latched onto my exmachina vote without any reasoning of his own was a bit weird. But really I consider it a gut read and I don't think we give enough credence to gut reads. Slight town.

WAMD - really hasn't said much. A lot quieter than in past games from recollection. Seems to be be active and posting about minor things, but avoids giving any strong opinions. Slight scum.

StarSketch - has contributed one single post of substance that I can find: 758. Hasn't really offered any reads. Combined with the possible pre game soft claim, I'd lean slight scum.

Style - I still don't have a read on Style. His early shenanigans seemed like newbie play. He's now done an about face which had resulted in him becoming nothing more than a jester at times. Gave away his role way too early....a newbie play but doesn't imply either scum or town. In the end, it doesn't really matter. He either doesn't make it through the night or likely gets lynched in the coming days if he doesn't protect anyone.

Zipped - as I reach the end of my reads list, I can't even be arsed to find Zipped's posts. I'll guess he's non commited like the others who were replaced. Null.

This probably would be an agreed upon list of the relatively inactive or low word count players day 1. Watch how TheExodu5 describes each of them. Zipped is a null, Style is a null, but BlackBuzzard, WAMD, and starsketch are all slight scum. Now, for the other two, I don't think TheExodu5 posted as much about them, but it's clear that if the scum team looks at this list of players and decides there's a decent argument to be made for all of their lynches based on inactivity, they might as well try and go for the inactive players they know are town

Also, he gave me more reason to suspect plop. Compare the following 3 town reads:

Natiko - I feel his reads are original and insightful, though we don't necessarily come to the same conclusions. I would like to see a full or updated reads list from him. Town.

PK - opinionated. Tries to make the game interesting. But picks some strange battles. Plays very much like Neutral Gorlak did in HPGAF. Neutral.

Plop - very insightful and inquisitive. A strong player. I'd put him in my top town list.

Ty4on - I don't like looking too much into the meta, but I do think Rynam was a regular townie. Ty4on's been a huge contributor and isn't afraid to give opinions that differ from the hivemind. Town.

Yeah, it's not as strong as my earlier evidence, but it definitely doesn't help plop when confirmed scum are calling him their strongest town read so adamantly

My guess is that they were siding with town in their reads on me to look like town themselves. Would scum really push that hard to prop up a single scum player, and especially a new one?

This whole thing that got built up around me being "suspicious" is based on coincidence on my reads and the actions of others. You've wasted so much time forcing together mismatched puzzle pieces.

You'll see when I'm dead.

What is the significance here? How are you connecting this to Style's claim?

Because Style said that he was in a gossip chat with Sorian, when based on past experience with gossip Sorian, Sorian tends to invite the players he trusts to be town.

But THIS:

I'm not allowed to copy and paste, so give me a moment to write it in my own words:

- Thinks the scums have a Framer because of a slip up Exodus made.
- Agreed with me on SS' inactivity not having anything to do with her role
- Thought it was weird Exodus scum read 11037 then flipped mid game because there hadn't been any reason to
- Exmachina is cleared because he was after Exodus early and Sorian said they didn't want to set up a scum v scum lynch on D1
- Town reads Franco because of Exodus' read on him
- Thinks Ty4on was scum because Exodus was on Rynam's case, but flipped after the replacement, meaning Exo was trying to get rid of an inactive scum
- Still iffy on Vanguard
- Thought Verelios and Flux behaviour near the deadline was odd, but too obvious to be scum read

Oh, nvm. I realise what you mean about this. I don't have the link to Exodus' post anymore since the gossip chat is closed and I'm commenting from backups, but in one of his posts Exodus plays with the idea that a cop should investigate Sorian as a suspect. This made Sorian raise an eyebrow and now that Exo flipped scum he thinks that scums have a framer because they wanted to frame Sorian as scum.

This all seems a little specific, no?

The conclusion, or at least possibility, that most of us agreed to on day 2 was that Sorian likely invited one of Style's scummates, and Style was just getting this through the scum chat. Well, my theory is that Sorian invited either plop and Natiko, and I really only suspect plop

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm still going to vote for plop today.

My guess is that they were siding with town in their reads on me to look like town themselves. Would scum really push that hard to prop up a single scum player, and especially a new one?

This whole thing that got built up around me being "suspicious" is based on coincidence on my reads and the actions of others. You've wasted so much time forcing together mismatched puzzle pieces.

You'll see when I'm dead.

I hope I do, it'll be amazing to see you flip scum and everyone be forced to recognize that I'm not talking crazy

In any case, the main point of the post you're addressing is that TheExodu5 at multiple points throughout the day chose to go after BlackBuzzard from the inactives group, and that's why I'm pretty damn sure now, with actual evidence, not just a gut read, that BlackBuzzard is town

I wouldn't be looking at TheExodu5's and style's posts so much if it weren't for the fact that the combination of the last hour lynch on TheExodu5 and the way those two interacted make me feel pretty certain that scum screwed up big time day 1, by playing really typically and inexperienced with one another, and that based on how TheExodu5 supported Style, scum were likely trying to help one another out

Verelios

I hope I do, it'll be amazing to see you flip scum and everyone be forced to recognize that I'm not talking crazy

In any case, the main point of the post you're addressing is that TheExodu5 at multiple points throughout the day chose to go after BlackBuzzard from the inactives group, and that's why I'm pretty damn sure now, with actual evidence, not just a gut read, that BlackBuzzard is town
Perhaps that's true. Then what are our other alternatives for today? Plop has already claimed doctor, no one else is coming up with anything to disprove it, so before the night's done I'm not going to chance it. Who else is a lynch target today, that everyone can agree on?

Perhaps that's true. Then what are our other alternatives for today? Plop has already claimed doctor, no one else is coming up with anything to disprove it, so before the night's done I'm not going to chance it. Who else is a lynch target today, that everyone can agree on?

What about Septimus? I don't think Zipped's play inspired much confidence with many of us, and Septimus himself hasn't given us much more than "I'm town". Maybe he's not sure how to clean up the mess his former scum self made? It's just speculation, but I did not feel good about Zipped and Septimus has not given me any reason at all to change my mind.

There's something I want to look at this night phase, so I'd prefer not dying.

However, if we really cant think of anything, I won't mind stepping down.

VOTE: Septimus Prime

I actually am going to vote for him regardless. I think Buzzard is town and I am in agreeance that we shouldn't take a chance on plop just yet.

Star is still an issue that will come up every day without fail, and I keep getting conflicting feeling on her alignment.

The other big question mark for me is Septimius Prime.

Everyone else, 11037, WAMD, BB, Matt Attack, etc. all have given enough to give me a decent impression that I feel confident about my reads about them.

If we're seriously against lynching plop today, then I'll vote for one of those two

If that's seriously gonna be the counterwagon...

Also, 11037 and FEP are still voting for me... FEP just wanted me to be more active too

VOTE: Septimius Prime

Natiko

Banned
I think this is between BB and Septimus. Hyper will be lynched if he doesn't get night killed soon. Star will likely be lynched once her power is done with unless she produces results. Plop is going to have a chance to either prove himself or bury himself with his actions going forward since he could be caught in a lie. BlackBuzzard and Septimus will keep coming up because they never do anything good. Can anyone name a positive impact either has had at any point? Past today though we will have much better people to lynch due to their supposed abilities being done or because they keep avoiding night kills. We won't have many chances to lynch these people coasting past this.

Verelios

Okay...okay, I'm not feeling that good about Septimus either when he's not here at day end. I wanted to give him a pass as he just came into the game but with Zipped being a point of contention I'm not particularly against this.

Unvote

If we lynch someone claiming a power role we're just doing scum's job for them if they flip Town.

Good point.

Vote: Septimus Prime

Sorry man. Your predecessor was pretty shady.

And before anyone shits on me for changing my bone or saying I look scummy for every single thing I do, I'm doing this now because I'm sitting inside an ambulance in a fairly large city and can't predict when the next call will come in. I don't want my vote to sit on BB at the moment.

I don't completely trust Hyper's read of BB because I don't completely trust Hyper, but at least he's doing the leg work to try and connect me to scum. The results of his digging are laughable (and I'm not saying that as an insult to Hyper. I'm saying that because I have the insight of knowing I'm not lying. From his end, I'm sure everything looks like it fits together just perfectly). But at least it's something.

That's more than WAMD (the other person holding a vote on me) has done. No offense to her personally, but voting for me solely because of my shitting the bed on exmachina64 seems silly (but again, that's coming from my end where I know it was me just being a dipshit and not because of anything malicious).

I'll be here till the day ends if I can, but if not, I'll have my vote in where it should have gone at the close of the last day.

So I write out that giant thing thinking I'll be among the first to vote for Septimus, and by the time I post it, I'm among the last and look like I'm bandwagoning...

I can't win.

Natiko

Banned
Next vote should end it assuming the mods count Hyper's typo vote. I'll pass on joining the train of every scummy looking player left.

Top Bottom