• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Mazre

Huh... the bolded sentence... And now with this claim...

Nothing wrong here, Blarg's formatting just got in the way note the rest of the statement down blargs posting forming:

I'm a Roleblocker
my pair command is SEDUCE: <player_name>, although
I've never been able to use it, since I can't use it at the same time whenever
my sister does her crummy Redirect
*pout*

So to recap, I redirect, blarg roleblocks

N1: Bats -> Trigger
N2: swamped -> CM
N3: Bats -> swamped

Mazre

Why did you redirect me twice if the first time failed?

I get no feedback from my redirect attempts other than what is posted to the thread. We could theoretically target mafia with redirects all game and never see an effect. On night 3 our options were to try another new pair of players or double down and try one of our old targets again. We decided redirects had the better chance of generating info than role blocks with the extreme outside chance we might be able to redirect a mafia kill back onto the mafia.

Mazre

Why didn't anything happen when you redirected batsnacks to Trigger?

I don't know if nothing happened or not. He didn't die so bats clearly didn't use the scum kill night 1, but if he used some other power or if he's just a goon or has a passive I don't know.

Mazre

Just to re-clarify since I misread Zubz post slightly but Blarg did not perform any roleblocks contrary to his day 3 claim of doing so.

I don't know if nothing happened or not. He didn't die so bats clearly didn't use the scum kill night 1, but if he used some other power or if he's just a goon or has a passive I don't know.
why is Blarg targeting Trigger if you two are sure that bats is scum.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (3)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974 .1051
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985 .1022
batsnacks .1010 .1026

Trigger (2)
Blargonaut .1014
batsnacks .1034

batsnacks (1)
Blargonaut .1009 .1014
Mazre .1043

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

Satanic Saint (0)
batsnacks .983 .1010

No active vote for Day 4:
Dr. Worm (has previously voted)
Fat4all
Hobohodo (has previously voted)
Satanic Saint
Timeaisis
Trigger
Ynnek7
Zubz (has previously voted)

Day 4 ends:
blu_1481407200.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Fat4all

Banned
Blargs scum list has a good mix of active posters and not so active posters. One of my worries early on was how we were letting a lot of people float by without contributing much, that somehow we got a scum team that was winning by waiting, but this list makes a bit more sense. My only sticking point is with batsnacks. There seems to of been a few intentional moves to make bats look scummy, like that night one kill on Absolut. Was this done just to confuse people, or get them going in circular thoughts? That might of been the plan, but drawing attention to a fellow scum so early seems bizarre. I guess it kinda worked for a while, though.

At this point, I believe both Blarg and Mazre's claim. It's too specific and detailed to be made up on a whim, and I highly doubt if they were scum they'd make a move this drastic. Also, there would be no reason for a scum Mazre to put his neck on the line for a scum Blarg, it risks both of them getting investigated/lynched the following night/day.

They both gotta be town. I have a strong feeling that Ynnek7, Dr. Worm & Hobo are town as well.

Fat4all

Banned
Actually, still town leaning, but a little less town feel on Dr. Worm after reading over how yesterday ended. Some strange movements, but not much else.

batsnacks

Just to re-clarify since I misread Zubz post slightly but Blarg did not perform any roleblocks contrary to his day 3 claim of doing so.

why the hell would anyone lie about roleblocks? that's awful and dumb just like you wanting to lynch me when, if everything you're saying is true, we are in mylo and town will lose.

have you seen how I have played this game, you're really going to hedge the game on me being mafia?

also on BOTH the nights you allegedly redirected me I was your #1 town. I can find the quotes but I shouldn't need to.

Mazre

why the hell would anyone lie about roleblocks? that's awful and dumb just like you wanting to lynch me when, if everything you're saying is true, we are in mylo and town will lose.

have you seen how I have played this game, you're really going to hedge the game on me being mafia?

also on BOTH the nights you allegedly redirected me I was your #1 town. I can find the quotes but I shouldn't need to.

It's almost as if we're playing a game based on deception.

Fat4all

Banned
why is Blarg targeting Trigger if you two are sure that bats is scum.

I believe it's a combo of his read on Trigger, and also how Trigger reacted to Blarg's poisoning and fast-approaching death. Trigger isn't a bad place to start looking for answers, considering the odd surroundings of their day-one close shave. Then again, scums movements this game seem to be hard to read all around.

VOTE: Trigger

Day 3
Top town:

Blarg and Batsnacks are probably my safest bets. I think Batsnacks has been active enough in trying to generate conversation. I also don't feel like Blarg's behavior today is scummy.
Day 4
I'm sure Blarg has a helluva excuse for lying? I'm not feeling too good about Batsnacks either.

Trigger has barely shown himself today, appearing only once to shade Blarg and bats briefly, both super easy targets for the start of the day. His reads are often lacking as well. I would like some more substance from Trigger.

StMeph

If Blarg's telling the truth about being poisoned and he and Mazre are BOTH dying together due to it, then why reveal on the final day rather than when the poison happened, especially if it was over the course of two days? There would be zero incentive for mafia to act if you're already doomed, and getting a 2-for-1 is a pretty sweet deal.

Even though what Blarg and Mazre's saying is convincing, I'd like to know who each of your top picks are for town/mafia.

I believe it's a combo of his read on Trigger, and also how Trigger reacted to Blarg's poisoning and fast-approaching death. Trigger isn't a bad place to start looking for answers, considering the odd surroundings of their day-one close shave. Then again, scums movements this game seem to be hard to read all around.

Day 3

Day 4

Trigger has barely shown himself today, appearing only once to shade Blarg and bats briefly, both super easy targets for the start of the day. His reads are often lacking as well. I would like some more substance from Trigger.
no, what I'm asking is: Why are they using their "last" day in the game to target two different players? Why aren't they working together to get the same player lynched.

Fat4all

Banned
no, what I'm asking is: Why are they using their "last" day in the game to target two different players? Why aren't they working together to get the same player lynched.

Oh, I thought you were specifically talking about Blarg.

That I'm not so sure of. I'd imagine that they'd both vote for the same person by the end of the day at least.

Fat4all

Banned
I suppose the logic with the poison is:

- with any normal person being poisoned at night, they would die by the end of the next day.

- Blarg and Mazre are linked. What happens to one happens to the other. Therefore both get poisoned.

- Both dying by poison within a single day would be overkill, whether they are town or scum, and so instead of one day they get two days, and the potential to get cured by a doctor increases. I doubt a poison doctor would be able to save both, though. Dunno.​

It's either sommit like that, or the poison we have in this game is a variant. It kills you within two days by default, but something is compensated for it. Maybe there isn't a Poison Doctor in this game. Maybe the poison can only be used a few times. etc.

Fat4all

Banned
If they survive until tomorrow, they'll just claim the poison takes 3 days instead of 2.

If they do that Blarg will likely just get lynched immediately.

Seems like a no-win position to claim poison in the first place, then drag Mazre into it, only to buy at best two days. There doesn't seem to be a proper end goal at all.

Zubz

Banned
If they do that Blarg will likely just get lynched immediately.

Seems like a no-win position to claim poison in the first place, then drag Mazre into it, only to buy at best two days. There doesn't seem to be a proper end goal at all.

Maybe the baddies are close enough to victory that a Blarg/Mazre sacrifice play is enough?

I don't get it what is the point of deceiving town as town with fake roleblock claims

I knew Mafia would never kill me because I'm me, but I had to protect Mazre somehow

Mafia likes to kill off relatively inactive players like my dear Mazre, so I claimed that I Roleblocked Mazre just to get some heat onto him, make him feel like a presence

just like I did with my D1 storytime

"narrative", Mr. b

*snip*

Even though what Blarg and Mazre's saying is convincing, I'd like to know who each of your top picks are for town/mafia.

*snip*

If I would hazard a guess, based on scrutinizing their post activity with search for narrative (or lack thereof) in mind, I'd say that--

Timeaisis
StMeph
Trigger
Zubz
batsnacks

--are your dastardly cabal of Mafia conspirators. I'd put Dr. Worm in that pool too, because of how suspiciously competent he is, and also because of his terrible last vote Yesterday on CM, defending none other than Zubz while he did it.

These 5 (6~) are the perfect Mafia blend of quiet and pushy; bats and Zubz as the aggressive 'Town Leader' faces in the open, Trigger as the opinion wildcard, and Timeaisis and StMeph as the completely under-the-radar non-entity henchmen for doing NKs.

*snip*

*snip*

And, let's not forget Trigger:

Oh, I was just confused. If Batsnacks power was directed to me than shouldn't something have happened to me? I didn't get any reports of night actions. It's not really that big a deal. I still trust Blarg for now.

I still trust Blarg for now.

Trigger said this 1 hour before I was allegedly supposed to die from Poison.

Quite a short 'now', I'd say?

I think Trigger knew I was lying about my Poison duration, and made a Freudian slip, subconsciously dropping that he knew I was going to survive past Day's end... because he's part of the Mafia team that did this to me.

I think for sure that Trigger is Mafia, seemingly in on my Poisoning.

*snip*

^^^^^^UGGGHHHHHHHHHH, ALL HERE

EXCUSE YOU, I SAID IT A 50PPP PAGE AGO, STMEPH--

OMG PAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY ATTTTTENNNNTTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

UGGGHHHHHH

StMeph

^^^^^^UGGGHHHHHHHHHH, ALL HERE

EXCUSE YOU, I SAID IT A 50PPP PAGE AGO, STMEPH--

OMG PAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY ATTTTTENNNNTTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

UGGGHHHHHH

That included asking Mazre's evaluations.

Trigger

We're not really hinging a possible lynch on me because I said "for now" are we? If Blarg's lying then we'll know when he doesn't die. That was the intent of my statement.

I think that they're telling the truth,FWIW.I can see Batsnacks being scum, but I don't see much scrambling to save him.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Mazre, why did you redirect batsnacks to Swamped instead of either yourself or Blargonaut?

If you thought batsnacks was going to deliver the mafia kill, wouldn't it make more sense as town to direct it to one of the two of you, since you're both (supposedly) going to die at the end of today anyway?

Maybe the baddies are close enough to victory that a Blarg/Mazre sacrifice play is enough?

oh, for the sake of real #Town

Let's actually illustrate how this is all gonna play out after Today, shall we?

&#9654;

• {RIP D1} [m] Gorlak — ORDINARY GANGREL, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP N1} [m] AbsolutBro — ORDINARY VENTRUE, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D2} [m] MickD — ORDINARY BRUJAH, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP N2} [m] squidyj — ORDINARY TOREADOR, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D3} [m] TheWorthyEdge -> [m] Christina Mackenzie — GARY GOLDEN, PRIMOGEN OF THE NOSFERATU, Town-aligned 2-shot Commuter (command name: OBFUSCATE); N1: ??, N2: ??, ...
  • {RIP N3} [m] Swamped — ORDINARY MALKAVIAN, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D4, Poisoned on N2} [m] Blargonaut — JEANETTE VOERMAN, BARONESS OF SANTA MONICA, Town-aligned Lover/Roleblocker (command name: SEDUCE); N1: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, N2: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, N3: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, ...
  • {RIP D4, Poisoned on N2} [m] Mazre — THERESE VOERMAN, BARONESS OF SANTA MONICA, Town-aligned Lover/Redirector; N1: redirected batsnacks to Trigger, N2: redirected Swamped to Christina Mackenzie, N3: redirected batsnacks to Swamped, ...
  • {RIP D4, voted out} [m] Trigger / whoever gets lynched Today — ??
  • {RIP N4} [m] Satanic Saint / whoever gets Night-killed tonight — ??
  1. [m] Dr. Worm — ??
  2. [m] Dusk Soldier — ??
  3. [m] Fat4all — ??
  4. [m] Hobohodo — ??
  5. [m] infinit777 — ??
  6. [m] batsnacks — ??
  7. [m] StMeph — ??
  8. [m] Timeaisis — ??
  9. [m] Ynnek7 — ??
  10. [m] Zubz — ??
---
20 players. By D5, 10 remaining.

5? Town.
5? or 4? Mafia.
Possibly 1 Neutral if 4 Mafia.

TODAY, DAY 4: 13 players remaining; 8? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

so, if we lynch Town Today:
END OF TODAY, DAY 4: 10 players remaining; 5? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

If there's 5 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 4 Town, 5 Mafia.
Outnumbering us, Mafia instantly wins at D5-start. GAME OVER.​

If there's 4 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 5 Town, 4 Mafia or 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral.
If it's 5 Town, 4 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.
If it's 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral; and, if Mafia's Win condition requires outnumbering us, then game continues into D5, but under LYLO conditions. CONTINUE, BUT LYLO.
If it's 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral; and, Mafia's Win condition doesn't require outnumbering us (is "have equal numbers to Town" only), then Mafia wins by D5-start. GAME OVER.​

but, if we lynch Mafia Today:
END OF TODAY, DAY 4: 10 players remaining; 6? Town, 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

If there's 4 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 5 Town, 4 Mafia
If it's 5 Town, 4 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.​

If there's 3 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 6 Town, 3 Mafia, or 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral.
If it's 6 Town, 3 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.
If it's 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.​

DWZwI9a.gif

...alright, Zubz-y et al.

If we kill off a Townie Today; there are timelines present where this game could be in LYLO Tomorrow, and there's even the darkest timeline in which Town loses instantly at Today's end.

For the uninitiated amongst us, "LYLO" MEANS "Lynch or Lose". It means that the game is in a critical situation where Town MUST eliminate someone who's Mafia that Day, or else Town will lose the game.

Also, a single vote placed on the wrong, non-Mafia person at any moment during LYLO, WILL 95% RESULT in Town losing the game, because at LYLO the player count is so low that all of the Mafia team can immediately pile on to create a majority before Town has a chance to react.

If we kill a Town player Today, there's a 50% chance we instantly lose the game, and a 25% chance we end up in LYLO Tomorrow.

So, Town.

LISTEN.

Look at who's died so far. Do you realize the sitch we're in?

Only 1 Town-aligned Power Role has died so far (Christina Mackenzie, 2-shot Town Commuter). But, after Mazre and I shrug off, Town will have lost their Roleblocker and Redirector Today. That'll be 3 Town PRs, gone.

BUT--

--you know who HASN'T died? That's right. The TOWN fuckin' INVESTIGATOR
(well, if there even is one in this game, which there 95% MUST be or else we've been ********************** since the very beginning considering the apparent dearth of Town PRs here).

That means that Tomorrow, provided that the Investigator survives Tonight (N4); even if the Investigator hasn't caught any Mafia from N1 to N4, they will still be able to confirm that 4 out of the 10 remaining players Tomorrow are Town or Neutral (5 out of 10, if Investigator included). Do you understand what this means?

This means that Tomorrow, if LYLO, the Investigator will be able to effectively draw a line in the sand of the player roster, and say something like, "Hi, I'm the Town Investigator! After 4 Nights of hard work in the shadows, these are my results. These 5 players are Town. So these 5 must be Mafia. We lynch down my scum list and we win. GG"

That's a good thing, right?

NO. WRONG.

Let me warn you the fuck.

Since you'll most likely be in "LYLO" Tomorrow, D5; all Mafia has to do to win Tomorrow, is have one of their members claim to be the Town Investigator, and then frame one of you real Town-aligned fucks as Mafia. Subsequently, that framed player will be lynched, and Town will thereby lose.

And, even if the REAL-ass Town Investigator survives Tonight to be able to come forward and reveal themselves Tomorrow; if any one of the Mafia claims as Town Investigator too, then you'll all be caught in a 2-way war for credibility with no way of confirming which player-claimant is the real Town Investigator. Like doppelgangers before you, you'll have to decide which one to BELIEVE regarding who to lynch Tomorrow.

That's 50/50 odds for outcomes that are either Town instantly losing, or, if you all manage to somehow successfully side with the correct, real Investigator; after lynching scum on D5, you all move forward into D6 with 8 (after D5's lynch and N5's kill) remaining players. That'll be 4? Town, and 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia +1 Neutral), with the real Investigator surely killed by Mafia during the Night after Tomorrow, N5—UNLESS, there is a Doctor in this game to Protect the Investigator during N5. And, not only is this an 'unless" scenario that hinges on the Doctor surviving Tonight, it also hinges on there being a Town Doctor in this game in the first place. Their presence is a possibility, yes, made higher by the fact the Doctor obviously hasn't died yet, but consider that Mazre and I are Town-aligned Redirector and Roleblocker respectively; our Roles are effectively Protective ones, albeit of the active-type. With Roles like ours in this game, would there still be a Town Doctor present, game balance-wise?

To summarize this gloomy future:
- If you mislynch and kill a Townie Today, there's like, a 25% chance that you will be in LYLO Tomorrow. DAY 5: 10 players remaining; 5? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).
- During LYLO Tomorrow, all Mafia has to do to win is claim to be a Town Investigator, and frame someone as Mafia. That framed person will be lynched, and Mafia wins.
- Even if the real Town Investigator survives past Tonight to counter-claim the fake usurper one Tomorrow, the process of Town winning from that point on, requires:
1) Town to decide on the correct side of 50/50 odds Tomorrow that the person they're listening to Tomorrow is the real Investigator saying the real Mafia to lynch.
2) A majority vote in favour of said correct side of 50/50, which entails the real Investigator convincing all of remaining Town while in the face of a team of 5 or 4 Mafia controlling 5 or 4 votes out of 10 as one of them pretends to be said real Investigator; and, if even a single Town-aligned voter is not persuaded by the real one and thus misplaces their vote like the terrible, terrible player they are--? Town loses.
3) The existence of a Town Doctor to Protect the Investigator during the Night after Tomorrow, while taking into game balance consideration that Mazre and I are already Town-aligned Protective Roles (albeit of the active-action type). Is there really room for a Town Doctor?
4) The survival of nigh-cryptozoological Town Doctor and mythical Town Investigator past Tonight.
5) The Doctor successfully protecting the Investigator during N5 onwards, while the Investigator continues to weed out the remaining Mafia.​
- If all these requirements are met (especially the correct-side-of-50/50 choice, which ALL of this hinges on) then during D6 (which would be DAY 6: 8 players remaining; 4? Town, 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia + 1 Neutral)), Town should simply lynch the fake doppelganger Investigator from D5, who would clearly be Mafia for having tried to usurp the real one during D5's LYLO. Remember.
- And from that Day forward, Town must lynch a Mafia every single Day. If Town mislynches even once, Town loses. And every single one of those Days will be LYLO. Tense. Fun. Yeah?​

So.

I'll say it again, if we kill a Town player Today, there's a 50% chance we instantly lose the game, and a 25% chance we end up in LYLO Tomorrow. And if you end up in LYLO, beware the false Town Investigator and don't be hasty in dropping your vote.

Okay?

Now, wait a sec. There's something more I must elaborate regarding this hypothetical Town Investigator...

Mazre, why did you redirect batsnacks to Swamped instead of either yourself or Blargonaut?

If you thought batsnacks was going to deliver the mafia kill, wouldn't it make more sense as town to direct it to one of the two of you, since you're both (supposedly) going to die at the end of today anyway?

BOgT5cB.gif

Dr. Worm

pls

We (well, I) were talking about Redirects vs. Roleblocks in our private Lovers chat last Night; I BELIEVE this post of mine answers your question indirectly:

Blargonaut said:
In times like these, I ask myself: Should we have used my Roleblocks more instead of Mazre's Redirects?

The answer, dear audience-who-I-know-is-totally-somewhere, is a resounding NO

Redirection is a FAR better, more utilitarian Power than Roleblocking.

While yes, of course, in successfully Roleblocking the killer or Redirecting the killer to your target-of-choice, both outcomes supply you with the identity of said killer; however, I BELIEVE it is vastly more preferable to have the off-chance of making the Mafia kill one of their own via the latter, as opposed to having a deathless Night via the former

risk, reward etc.

anyway, back to coping with the inevitability of death

Mazre, as much as we have batsnacks CAUGHT FUCKIN' RED-HANDED, I think you should move your vote onto Trigger.

like, even if I vote against him, there's no traction for CAUGHT FUCKIN' RED-HANDED batsnacks?

so pls

Mazre

Mazre

This proximity is dangerous, Mazre

vote Trigger

and Trigger, you should Role-claim

Zubz

Banned
SUPER SNIP

I find it funny that you're still pushing the Poison thing to make this more doom and gloom than this really is. The real Investigator should be safe (Assuming we have one), but I guess it's time for another claim, huh?

I'm Beckett, researcher of the strange and collector of Pokemon Cards (Citation Needed). I can't see alignment, but I can see if somebody engaged in a night action. I have 2 shots to investigate per game; but I've only collected info once. Why, you ask? Well, let's look at your partner's claim.

Nothing wrong here, Blarg's formatting just got in the way note the rest of the statement down blargs posting forming:

So to recap, I redirect, blarg roleblocks

N2: swamped -> CM
N3: Bats -> swamped

The reason why Bats & Trigger report nothing happening is because, well, nothing happened. I tracked Mazre, and I was told Mazre did nothing throughout the night; the real roleblocker must have stopped him. That's why I initially questioned Blarg's claim of roleblocking Mazre instead of Turboing; it fit my tracking of Mazre that night.

Noted here: Digging one's own grave. Or forging an urn, since we turn to ash or whatever.

On Night 2, I was going to investigate CM, but to my surprise... I totally forgot to send in my PM. Again, though, I thought this might have worked out because Blarg would have wasted another night.

Night 3, however... I was blocked for real from investigating Batsnacks. And the flavor text was different; when I tracked Mazre, I was told he did nothing, but when I tracked Batsnacks, I was explicitly told that my tracking didn't go through... And that I had another shot. But I figured I'm this far in, so depending on which one we kill today, Blarg or Mazre are probably going to kill me in the night based on all of my pre-mature "gotchas." Taking down 2 people is all my power should have theoretically done, anyway. Should've saved that Phoenix Wright music for this, really.

I feel Mazre's the safer kill because Blarg's been known to Mafia claim with a good role and good info before. That said, We have 5 hours left, and we're not wasting our vote on Trigger.

VOTE: Blargonaut

67391383.jpg

batsnacks, Role-claim please

If you were Town, you'd Role-claim right now

especially after what I said in my Underworld post

Do you like Underworld, bats

You should

Zubz

Banned
batsnacks, Role-claim please

If you were Town, you'd Role-claim right now

especially after what I said in my Underworld post

Do you like Underworld, bats

You should

Stop trying to push people into roleclaims.

That said, I find it somewhat amusing.

*snip*

I'm Beckett, researcher of the strange and collector of Pokemon Cards (Citation Needed). I can't see alignment, but I can see if somebody engaged in a night action. I have 2 shots to investigate per game; but I've only collected info once. Why, you ask? Well, let's look at your partner's claim.

The reason why Bats & Trigger report nothing happening is because, well, nothing happened. I tracked Mazre, and I was told Mazre did nothing throughout the night; the real roleblocker must have stopped him. That's why I initially questioned Blarg's claim of roleblocking Mazre instead of Turboing; it fit my tracking of Mazre that night.

*snip*

I feel Mazre's the safer kill because Blarg's been known to Mafia claim with a good role and good info before. That said, We have 5 hours left, and we're not wasting our vote on Trigger.

VOTE: Blargonaut

UNVOTE: Trigger

Fucking wow.

This is the flimsiest and most opportunistic Role-claim I have ever seen. Everything about this Role-claim screams, "JUST DIE ALREADY," as in it reads like a Role-claim specifically tailored to finish me and Mazre off. Everything from the timing of your claim to your alleged targets screams "JUST DIE ALREADY," because not only are you trying to finish us off with it, you're also trying to exonerate batsnacks AND Trigger with it, which is mighty fucking convenient for you three considering that you and they're both on my Top Scum list. If I had any doubts about you being scum, Zubz, you just erased them for me.

It's painfully obvious that you're twisting my "roleblocked Mazre N1" fake-out against me, because you've shaped your entire Role-claim around that. If we were to BELIEVE what you're saying Zubz, Mazre did not receive any failure message for his Redirect stating that he was Roleblocked on N1, yet you receive failure messages when your Night Actions fail like you allege happened to you on N3 when you "failed" to Track batsnacks? And what kind of Tracker gets to retain a failed 1-shot? I said that Mazre and I can't use our powers simultaneously, only one of us can use it at a time. And since Mazre has been the one moving every Night, I have never used my Roleblock. And even if I could use it simultaneously, why would I Roleblock my own Lover?

And then, as if all this wasn't enough to put the stake in us; the very last thing you say in your claim is going ahead and trying to frame me and Mazre as boogeymen who're gonna kill you, you specifically, in your sleep? Huh. Talk about unnecessary fuckin' character defamation. Or is it slander? Poor you.

Your Role-name may be real, and you may be a 2-shot Tracker for all I know, but now I'm sure as shit you're not Town.

Although, according to your claim, there's a way to really figure this out, isn't there? I mean, you're basically asking batsnacks to Role-claim in order to nail Mazre's and I's coffin tighter, you're giving him yet another out by allowing him to "BELIEVABLY" claim to not be a PR in order to fit your statements and knock me outta here further. Kudos to your bloody team for crafting this opus of frame and fuckin' clearance. Applause applause applause.

Convenient that you, Mr. 2-shot, just so happened to Track Mazre AND batsnacks, Today's 2 major players, out of 19 other players in the game, whole Nights ago? And you were only able to Track batsnacks because you had a shot left over when you "forgot" to Track CM on N2? Wow. What a coincidence. Too fucking convenient, Zubz.

bats, recent events have inspired me to change my mind: shut up. If you Role-claim Today, you're scum by virtue of opportunistic collusion.

VOTE: Zubz

I typed "back the fuck up, Zubz you didn't" in our Lovers chat when I saw your Role-claim, Zubz

Mazre, get in here, tell them how I said, "back the fuck up, Zubz you didn't"

Zubz

Banned
Took you awhile to come up with that one, eh? Keeping in mind that you counted the why-are-we-even-entertaining-this poison claim in your tally to make things seem more dire, even if your attempt to vote me out works, you and Mazre will die because I'd be vindicated, further countering your already several-times-contradicted claims.

But yes. This is a roleclaim tailored specifically to finish you and Mazre off. Because even if I didn't make a claim, you both contradicted one another several times over. And I'm not trying to exonerate anyone; I tried tracking batsnacks last night because I was suspicious of him (Your partner tried to exonerate him earlier before changing his mind and voting for him, remember? You guys should really use your "Villain Chat" more). And the fact that you're voting for Trigger is the only reason I have to believe he's safe; his behavior Day 1 was still hella weird.

I'm basing my roleclaim around it because that's what I did. I'll admit it was vague, but that's why I tried to breadcrumb "Mazre might be safe" on Day 2; as far as I knew back then, we had no roleblocker and he was probably safe, but I also didn't want to scream "Hey guys, I'm the Tracker!" Maybe Mazre didn't receive a failure message because he forgot to vote? Or

It's almost as if we're playing a game based on deception.

He very easily could have lied. You've been trying to ride the poison train for, what, 2 days now? And don't get snippy at me for how our GM tailored the role (I mean, I'll take it!).

You try to make the argument "Why would I roleblock my own lover," but that's probably the flimsiest thing you've said since... Well, choose one of your other posts. Obviously, I'm not accusing you of being a roleblocker in the first place; I don't believe anything about either of your claims! We definitely have a roleblocker, and Mazre being blocked N1 probably gave you more than enough time to realize "lol we have an actual roleblocker here, don't we?" and base a case around that.

And again, no matter what you said happen, somebody used a roleblock. If we're to believe Mazre has a power, I can guarantee you they've used the power twice.

Of course I'm going to believe you 2 are coming after me in the Night Phase; I'm the only Power Role you know is out there now! We know there's a Roleblocker, but you don't know who it is. I don't even know who they are, and they targeted me!

I never once asked Batsnacks to roleclaim. That seems to be more your thing as of late, no? I'm asking all other Power Roles to stay quiet, actually; let me do the sacrifice play today because some of you probably have more useful powers (That haven't been blocked). And I never gave Batsnacks an out, either; I was told I was blocked, not anything about Batsnacks.

Besides, don't be so modest, Blarg. Forget boring 'ol Batsnacks and "Hey guys remember his play at the end of D1? Remember that?" Mazre. Out of everyone playing right now, you're our Star Suspect!

Zubz

Banned
I typed "back the fuck up, Zubz you didn't" in our Lovers chat when I saw your Role-claim, Zubz

Mazre, get in here, tell them how I said, "back the fuck up, Zubz you didn't"

DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO DO THAT THING TWE AND I DID IN STAR WARS GAME. WHAT WE HAD WAS SACRED!

If he was still here, I'm sure he'd be posting that Goku .GIF right now.

Guess I gotta do it for the both of us.

yu8nF2g.gif

On a less joke-y note... That's totally something you could do in the Conspiracy Chatroom. Even that specific sentence makes sense in that context.

Mazre

Rest of town can call this as they see it, lynching us isn't optimal (essentially a no-lynch) but it's certainly not a disaster at this point either. For the record when Blarg and I die today (via posion or lynch) I received no notification of a block on night 1.

Further to clear the slate I did not redirect Bats last night I redirected Trigger to Hobohodo.

So final tally is:

N2: Swamped -> CM
N3: Trigger -> Hobo

And Blarg did indeed say what he said he said in lovers chat. Deal with it.

Zubz

Banned

Rest of town can call this as they see it, lynching us isn't optimal (essentially a no-lynch) but it's certainly not a disaster at this point either. For the record when Blarg and I die today (via posion or lynch) I received no notification of a block on night 1.

Further to clear the slate I did not redirect Bats last night I redirected Trigger to Hobohodo.

So final tally is:

N2: Swamped -> CM
N3: Trigger -> Hobo

I have a Night PM that disproved that. Everyone else, please come in before the deadline.

And Blarg did indeed say what he said he said in lovers chat. Deal with it.

You may not have a PM about your block, but I had one that says you did nothing. Everyone else, please come in before the deadline.

Again, I'm not denying you guys didn't say that; it seems like a natural reaction to getting caught. You're hardly the Moriarties I was hoping for.

Zubz

Banned
... Er... Shit. This was supposed to be the "hard" game, right? What if I'm the closest we have to an Investigator? Shit.

VR0hiIn.gif
AKA Noddist BS

So your counter-argument to me consists of a knockout sleeper hit of, "You're lying despite me." Yeah, forget the glaring coincidence, obviously-tailored anti-Blarg&Mazre claim and oh-so convenient timing of Powerful Zubz. Forget that Mazre and I have already explained the apparent contradictions of our Power usage and our Today's vote disparity between us since all the posts we've done past our tandem claim. Yeah, just gloss over those pages, and pretend they didn't happen. Got it. Your narrative, Zubz.

You didn't even have to show yourself Today, your claim is ass and it shows, but you know Town isn't even here to do a thing about it. At this point, you're just doing this to gloat. How delightfully schadenfreudelicious of you. I can admire that.

You're just lucky it's like super-super-late here and I must Turn Undead for the evening this ungodly hour, obvious Mafia!Zubz

alas, no time to rake you over the coals, beauty sleep cya. Use this against me in the last few hours, don't even care. You've already won.

680aTqa.gif

no hard feelings, GG in advance

Shout-out to the fans who turned up! <3 hey, sry, no endgame Thunderdome this time, maybe next game if the timing's as convenient as Zubz's

I'm tired, Town, just

I'm not even going to beg you to vote out obvious Mafia!Zubz

I'm just going to beg you to use your heads, that is, if you're even here

Think about the Role-claims in front of you, objectively and in context

just fucking please think

Top Bottom