• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dthomp

First NF down, Bonecrusher at the end, and a Swarm from Sunrise bounty :( Onto the next run

Second NF - 18 SCs, Sunrise Bounty - Auto Rifle :(

3rd NF - Helmet, Emote Pack, Sunrise - Another Auto Rifle

I wasn't aware that there was an issue with the drop rate for Icebreaker-I got it on my second NF. Not to brag-sorry. I still can't get a Zen Meteor.
I will swop you one of my 4 zen drops for an Icebreaker. 4 NF, 4 fusion rifles from the bounty....

I'm trying to get the 55,000 score on the Nightfall. Anyone wanna join me?

I'm ready to start as soon as we have two people!

PSN id: Marco_Tovarich

Dthomp

Thanks for the nightfall runs WeTeHa and Dez, shame nobody got paid out with an Icebreaker. RNG has always hated me with these type of quests. Took somewhere in the mid 20s for Thorn, 0/6 now for Icebreaker.

Dalek

As someone who never got a Y1 Icebreaker-I'm really loving the gimmick of it. I love seeing that ammo count tick upward.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The real icebreaker is in VOG. This is just some Chinese knockoff Zavala imported over and had repainted in two other schemes.

I got all the elemental Thunderlords, and they are all the same:(

I never use that gun. Not since Atheon.

Sucks. The new versions don't even have the recoil patch associated with them. WT hell bungie.

Sofa King

Can't understand why they made icebreaker such a rare drop. At this rate it won't be very prevalent even by spring time. Year 1 type rarity and most won't even use it once they get it. Hype fading...

I thought the elite bounties came from Zavala. So it's just the run of the mill ones? I'll try that then.

Yup.

Funny thing is, the requirement is 20 but bungle can't even tweet that right :p

ntoPApf.jpg

Sky Walker

I hope bungie increases the odds of getting ice breaker or adds additional methods to optain it after the Dawning event because this is fucking ridiculous.

At this rate, I can see many players getting the weapon 1 weak before the release day of destiny 2 :/

Deku Tree

Did a raid tonight and someone told me that the servitors at Aksis always come out in the order of SiVA.

Solar -> Void -> Arc.

And I noticed that it's true.

Out of any door if say Void comes first (which is random), then the next one out of that door will be Arc, and the third will be Solar. Or if Arc comes out a door first then Solar next and then Void.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmmm. I'm going to try something cool I did with my old streams with Destiny. If someone wants me to use their own favorite clips, hit me up.

Take on me, take me oooooooooooonnnn.

trtrtrt.gif

Think I'm about to get back into the game again. Haven't played in about a year. Rise of Iron is the only new "expansion" out since the Taken King right? What is the best way I can go about getting that? Also is there an easy way to switch my physical version to digital so I don't have to dig out my old collectors edition? I see some sort of "collection upgrade" thing but it mentions PS3 users and I've only ever had it on ps4, also don't think it says anything about digital. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

CREMSteve

Got my icebreaker on 3rd nightfall. Just got 2 bits of the book to do then Destiny can be put down for a bit

Can't understand why they made icebreaker such a rare drop. At this rate it won't be very prevalent even by spring time. Year 1 type rarity and most won't even use it once they get it. Hype fading...
I think the quote above answers your question. It keeps people playing. People that have it are ready to shelve the game again, so making it easier to obtain only hurts the active player population even more.

It's already on their list of known issues.

As for not using Thunderlord— it is a ton of fun, especially when there's arc burn on.

Yeah but if Arc Burn is on, Zhalo would get the exotic slot. I mean Arc HMG are a dime a dozen (hell I am using the Iron Banner HMG because it is awesome, if I wasnt I would use my Barron's Ambition). Thanks to Bungie saying "hey guys lets remove elementals on primaries in order to expand load outs," which I think was a poor excuse especially when they add in match game and heavily shielded enemies, Zhalo is the only primary with an elemental damage and is always the exotic to pick for Arc burns. Is Thunderlord fun? Yes. Again, the problem is, if I want to ensure I have a loadout to take advantage of Arc burn, I am going to ensure I am running arc damage in each weapon slot and that means Zhalo is my exotic.

Edit: Thunderlord was fun in arc burns in Y1 when primaries had burns, thus allowing a bit more options in loadouts. I could run Fatebringer or Oversoul Edict with an arc sniper and Thunderlord (which I did a lot). As I mentioned above, thanks to poor decisions on Bungie's point, I cant anymore. To best take advantage of arc burn I need to run Zhalo and then a legendary Arc damage HMG.

Top Bottom