• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Based on what we've seen so far, it seems unlikely that we'll get an equipment subtheme since RW is still doing the vehicle thing. Hopefully we can get a red card or two that cares about equipment in some way.

Ashodin

Based on what we've seen so far, it seems unlikely that we'll get an equipment subtheme since RW is still doing the vehicle thing. Hopefully we can get a red card or two that cares about equipment in some way.
Still need to see that legend.

Firemind

Red Stoneforge for vehicles Kappa

Ashodin

Dino train!!!

C1Mh_J7XcAQBLLj.jpg

Yeef

The "expertise" part of the card is a cycle I proposed in design. Since we want players to "feel like inventors," I pitched this idea to combine two spells together. You didn't need energy or artifacts to make it work, either, so it's more backward compatible than some other inventor-feeling mechanics in the set. My proposed card was a 3WW "Destroy all creatures" with a free four-drop...but at some point Fumigate became a powerful 3WW white sweeper in Kaladesh. Inevitably, one card per cycle ends up making tokens, so this time we're making Servos to no doubt perform some civil engineering tasks.

You get bonus flavor points if you cast Sram's Expertise then cast Sram, Senior Edificer for free. Lead Editor Del Laugel made sure each card in the Expertise cycle can cast its respective legendary creature.
Looks like Yahenni is going to be a 3-drop.

bigkrev

VSL starts tomorrow! I'm sad that LSV, Kai and Shuhei are all not returning, but the new play-in format sounds hype as fuck.

Bandini

Only a couple days left of Vintage Cube!

qtT3oef.jpg

Do I cut black or green here? Both hurt. Really whiffed on mana fixing this draft. I'm thinking green might be the correct answer, but I have slightly more fixing for it and Fastbond + Timetwister = living the dream.

C1L5rtuVEAAYteV.jpg

Funny design for a card that will preorder at 4.99 and be a bulk rare in 7 weeks. Also a weird template- usually for things like this, it's a choice- something like "When X enters the battlefield, sacrifice a land or sacrifice X". On this, if you have 2 Energy, you are forced to pay it no matter what.
I think this is a pretty clever design. You can use it as an energy generator, or pay GGG for the elephant, but you're limited in the former to just EE.

SaffronOlive on twitter- Rampager, Servsnt of the Conduit and Paradox Engine is an infinite loop if you can start at zero energy. Aetherflux Resevoir makes it a kill/infinite life
I think it's pretty neat that while this is possible, having too much energy actually kills the combo.

Yeah I'm excited for the reasons you mention. I kind of wonder if this has a place in Modern slivers since having that counter could be important since a tough match up is burn since you can't build them up quick enough to get out of bolt range.

C1MV0ppXAAA1Usc.jpg:large
So good at piloting airships that he can make a car fly.

Limited Resources Preview Cards:

0140_MTGAER_Main_EN_HRR.png

0099_MTGAER_Main_EN_HRR.png

I like the snake. There have been a few good cards today (with Fatal Push at the top) but I can't say this has been the strongest official start to a spoiler season ever :/
I find the nonbo with poison funny. Neat design. I really like Siege Modification, even if it probably isn't super great.

Dino-train is amazing.

Crocodile

Out with the Old R

Instant

Exile target Equipment. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for all Equipment cards and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

Draw a card.

"You asked for this!"

This card is obviously fake FYI

Ashodin

Out with the Old R

Instant

Exile target Equipment. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for all Equipment cards and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

Draw a card.

"You asked for this!"
You wouldn't dare

Firemind

Only a couple days left of Vintage Cube!

Do I cut black or green here? Both hurt. Really whiffed on mana fixing this draft. I'm thinking green might be the correct answer, but I have slightly more fixing for it and Fastbond + Timetwister = living the dream.
Dualcaster Mage ew

Also Shelldock Isle and Electrolyze in sb why?

Bandini

Dualcaster Mage ew

Also Shelldock Isle and Electrolyze in sb why?

Obviously I still have a lot of adjustments to make, was trying to decide on my colors before I fine tuned. And my lands always stay in SB before I finish picking my 22-25.

In the end I kept black, Mind Twist is too good

636189712241977885.png

Bulk dragon, but with improvise, you could cast this and another card in one turn.

Trailer link that isn't broken. Fun in a Saturday morning way. I could have sworn they said they wouldn't make trailers for second sets anymore after Eldritch Moon, but I guess they considered that one a success.

bigkrev

Can someone explain why Pride of the Clouds has dissapeared from all stores? It's sold out at all the major stores at around $5, there is a 3 listings on TCGplayer, starting with a moderatly played copy up for $11. What the hell is going on?

Santiako

Can someone explain why Pride of the Clouds has dissapeared from all stores? It's sold out at all the major stores at around $5, there is a 3 listings on TCGplayer, starting with a moderatly played copy up for $11. What the hell is going on?

SaffronOlive did a modern Jeskai flyers thing with that as a 4 of a couple of days ago. I assume it's that.

SaffronOlive did a modern Jeskai flyers thing with that as a 4 of a couple of days ago. I assume it's that.

That's been my assumption based on the research I did, yeah. I, much to my frustration, noticed the price spike when I was trying to get a non-foil one to match the foil one I picked up a couple weeks ago as part of my "Get all the cards Rebecca Guay did art for" plan.

VSL starts tomorrow! I'm sad that LSV, Kai and Shuhei are all not returning, but the new play-in format sounds hype as fuck.

I'm glad they learned from their mistake and just let Dave Williams back in without having to play in, lol.

I'll trade Efro for LSV tho

bigkrev

I'm glad they learned from their mistake and just let Dave Williams back in without having to play in, lol.

I'll trade Efro for LSV tho

Wizards should go back to inviting him to all PTs cause he's literally the most famous non-athlete who is good at Magic and loves the game enough that he apparently named his daughter after Liliana

Wizards should go back to inviting him to all PTs cause he's literally the most famous non-athlete who is good at Magic and loves the game enough that he apparently named his daughter after Liliana

In general WotC should probably be looking to move some focus away from the purely "skill"-based Pro Tour and towards hand-picked Invitationals.

Somehow I missed a major difference between revolt and morbid: morbid can also react to your opponent's creatures dying, while revolt only cares about your own stuff.

Also, since I keep forgetting this, I imagine others do too. Fabricate is not in Aether Revolt.

EDIT: Just realized Consulate Dreadnought is a reference to Phyrexian Dreadnought. It probably even had the same stats before being weakened.
en_zCWzKajA59.png
Image.ashx

Xis

That's very clearly a triceratops train.

Clearly has lots of horns, but base looks more like a rhino to me:

http://www.arcadiastreet.com/cgvistas/earth/03_mesozoic/earth_03_mesozoic_8420a.htm

Head shape - looks more like rhino.
Largest horn is the middle one (triceratops has large side horns).
Many of the other vehicles are modeled after creatures that live in India.

On the other hand, it has side bits that look sort of like the triceratops' crest (I originally saw these as part of the neck), and the mouth looks a little more beak-ey, like the triceratops.

Clearly has lots of horns, but base looks more like a rhino to me:

http://www.arcadiastreet.com/cgvistas/earth/03_mesozoic/earth_03_mesozoic_8420a.htm

Head shape - looks more like rhino.
Largest horn is the middle one (triceratops has large side horns).
Many of the other vehicles are modeled after creatures that live in India.

On the other hand, it has side bits that look sort of like the triceratops' crest (I originally saw these as part of the neck), and the mouth looks a little more beak-ey, like the triceratops.

Wizards' tweet calls it a Dino Train.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean I'm not saying Fatal Push isn't good. I'm saying it's not the kind of card that makes me excited about the set or brewing. You just put 4 of them in decks that can reliably trigger Revolt.

bigkrev

Ln8uCXN.jpg

lol savage

I bet there are people on the gaming side that would have literal heart attacks if the business model of Magic Online was explained to them, another group that would have a stroke if the "quality" of the game after almost 15 years was explained to them, and a group that would literally explode at the combination of facts.

Any time people bitch about character skins in Overwatch or something I kind of want to make a post

merchantsporter.jpg

Merchant's Porter - 1
Artifact Creature - Construct
3U, T, Tap X untapped artifacts you control: Look at the top X cards of your library. Put one of them in your hand and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
1/2

Seems alright, but it's odd as a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom