• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Uncommon removal is always more exciting.

It's not exciting, its just more bread-and-butter.

It's not really a build around card, its just something you play if you're in black and can "fetch" or something similar every turn.

Santiako

It's not exciting, its just more bread-and-butter.

It's not really a build around card, its just something you play if you're in black and can "fetch" or something similar every turn.

It's not a build around, but it opens up many possibilities in modern, opening the way to redless and whiteless control decks, it will surely shake up the format a lot.

Ooccoo

merchantsporter.jpg

Merchant's Porter - 1
Artifact Creature - Construct
3U, T, Tap X untapped artifacts you control: Look at the top X cards of your library. Put one of them in your hand and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
1/2

Seems alright, but it's odd as a rare.

Screams Uncommon to me :(

Yeef

It seems like the sort of card that either takes over the game or does nothing. There's not really any in between. The worst part is that it does nothing if it's the only artifact you have.

Yeef

I thought we knew all of the reprints?
We know all the masterpieces already. But since Ornithopter is a masterpiece and also in the set, it's possible that other masterpieces are in the actual set.

Though, looking over the list, there's not very many candidates. Lots of them are the sorts of cards that they wouldn't print into standard, have keywords for other sets or wouldn't want printed into modern.

Pithing Needle seems like a strong candidate though.

Yeef

Odds are we get a Rishkar's Expertise. I'm thinking put a +1/+1 counter on each dude you control then cast a 3-drop for free. That might be too strong with this card though.

[EDIT] I can't see them printing ensnaring bridge in standard. Especially with so little efficient artifact hate.

Ashodin

Rishkar with Oath of Ajani, Servo Exhibition... There's something there.

And Hungry Flames isn't bad. It's instant at least! Three mana though. I'd rather hold Skywhaler's Shot in my hand.

Holding out for an Equipment hero here. Gimme something good WOTC!

Hungry Flames is a mini Chandra's Outrage.
Image.ashx

Given that, the use of "target player" is a bit odd. Perhaps its a way to use the spell on your own creature (for revolt) and still damage your opponent. EDIT: Oh, and if your opponent has no creatures.

Also, interesting how Rishkar mentions "counters" instead of +1/+1 counters like the outlast creatures in Khans of Tarkir. Perhaps Amonkhet will use -1/-1 counters.

Yeef

Defense Grid and engineered explosives make a bit more sense.

Maybe not, though. Grid would hose control hard.
Grid would hose everything. Sorcery speed removal already sucks in this standard. Grid would make Instant speed removal suck too.

Explosives has Sunburst, which isn't a set mechanic, so it can't show up.

Ozigizo

Explosives has Sunburst, which isn't a set mechanic, so it can't show up.

Hmm, you're right. I forgot about sunburst with the help text missing.

I mean, fuck it, if I seriously had to guess what wizards was reprinting out of all of these, my money would be pithing needle.

OnPoint

Nah. He's literally the embodiment of "just doing my job". He doesn't consider morality behind "this job needs doing."

I agree that that's likely the character's motivation. But being the villain often isn't defined by the way the person sees themselves. Many of history's greatest monsters feel they are in fact on the side of good.

Ashodin

That's damn good in a typical game of Kaladesh limited but its Constructed trash right?

I mean, 3 mana for one artifact + 2/2 is ok. 5 mana for 2 artifacts and 2 2/2s can be neat.

Busting a clue and making a 2/2 seems good at 3 mana though.

It's likely best in Limited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom