• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

bobs...onGaf
Member
(01-03-2017, 12:35 PM)
bobs...onGaf's Avatar
The auction house is weird - I see a lot of cars for super cheap on there - and I see a lot of cars that sell for way over the asking price of that car in the auto show

I mean I scratch it up to people not checking a cars value before impulse buying or impulse listing but it just feels weird how much traffic goes through and the percentage of auctions that go beyond or below the threshold of an informed purchase/ sell. I understand putting a low starting bid to entice a bidding war but many people also put a extremely low buyout price which I just don't get.

Is there some weird automated system in the backend making it feel 'Alive' or is it all player driven?

It's crazy addictive either way
leng jai
Member
(01-03-2017, 12:46 PM)
leng jai's Avatar
Is it just me or is Blizzard Mountain a lot harder than the base game? Struggling hard on Expert here.
xrnzaaas
Member
(01-03-2017, 01:04 PM)
xrnzaaas's Avatar

Originally Posted by bobs...onGaf

The auction house is weird - I see a lot of cars for super cheap on there - and I see a lot of cars that sell for way over the asking price of that car in the auto show

I mean I scratch it up to people not checking a cars value before impulse buying or impulse listing but it just feels weird how much traffic goes through and the percentage of auctions that go beyond or below the threshold of an informed purchase/ sell. I understand putting a low starting bid to entice a bidding war but many people also put a extremely low buyout price which I just don't get.

Is there some weird automated system in the backend making it feel 'Alive' or is it all player driven?

It's crazy addictive either way

A lot of the cars with a high asking price are already tuned, but yeah, in most cases it's people not checking the prices.

As for the low buyout price, some people just want to get rid of unwanted cars from their garage (without removing them and receiving nothing).

Originally Posted by leng jai

Is it just me or is Blizzard Mountain a lot harder than the base game? Struggling hard on Expert here.

The AI and the rubberbanding are uneven. I've won a lot of races on Unbeatable with a safe margin and in others some AI cars finished 30 seconds ahead in a 3 minute race (!).
Last edited by xrnzaaas; 01-03-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Shortt Sirket
Member
(01-03-2017, 05:19 PM)
Shortt Sirket's Avatar
Trailer for new DLC.

Rockstar Energy Pack
kudoboi
Member
(01-03-2017, 07:07 PM)
kudoboi's Avatar
update is out but its downloading all 53gb for me on pc again wtf.
rrs
Member
(01-03-2017, 07:08 PM)
rrs's Avatar
check this post for more cars found in game

same

rip me

I'd say don't update on PC until this issue is fixed

EDIT: seems to be making a new folder with the new version in it, so maybe not so bad? Still, hoping this isn't another 50 GB swiped


EDIT2: it's an unencrypted version uh oh


edit3: gee, that's a nice lot of porsches for the dlc (spoilers link)

edit4: all the cars/car stubs in game (very spoilers) no VWs lol
Last edited by rrs; 01-04-2017 at 04:12 PM.
zorbsie
Member
(01-03-2017, 07:10 PM)
zorbsie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shortt Sirket

Trailer for new DLC.

Rockstar Energy Pack

Nice. That's what I was waiting for. :)
Got to take down one more boss in Mafia 3 and then I'll hop over to Horizon to download the new cars.
terrible
Member
(01-03-2017, 07:22 PM)
terrible's Avatar

Originally Posted by kudoboi

update is out but its downloading all 53gb for me on pc again wtf.

Lol yep. The Windows Store and the FH3 release in general has been such a fucking mess from day 1. It's a joke.
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 07:32 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar
53 gig update.

What the fuck...

I mean

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!



Itīs out of control.


EDIT: ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS!?
Last edited by GlamFM; 01-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.
BenjaminBirdie
(01-03-2017, 07:38 PM)
BenjaminBirdie's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

Is it just me or is Blizzard Mountain a lot harder than the base game? Struggling hard on Expert here.

Same. It's hard af
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:02 PM)
Seems like other unreleased cars are in that filename leak.

DOD_DartGT_13 - the only Dodge Dart is the 60s one currently, this would be different.
Lima
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:10 PM)
Lima's Avatar
That update size is because it's redownloading the entire game. It's an issue some people have had forever on Xbox where it does this for every update they trigger manually.
Didn't know this would also apply to the PC though. That's surprising assuming the root of the issue is the same.
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:18 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lima

That update size is because it's redownloading the entire game. It's an issue some people have had forever on Xbox where it does this for every update they trigger manually.
Didn't know this would also apply to the PC though. That's surprising assuming the root of the issue is the same.

It seems intentional here though.

have not seen anybody with a smaller download on PC.
rrs
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:20 PM)
rrs's Avatar
yeah just pause the download until what I believe is an internal debug version is pulled off the MS store
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:21 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by rrs

yeah just pause the download until what I believe is an internal debug version is pulled off the MS store

Are you serious? You think they put up the wrong version?
rrs
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:23 PM)
rrs's Avatar

Originally Posted by GlamFM

Are you serious? You think they put up the wrong version?

this showed up on the forza forums, no encryption whatsoever, the car folder being way bigger on it, yeah I think so:

GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:26 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by rrs

this showed up on the forza forums, no encryption whatsoever, the car folder being way bigger on it, yeah I think so:

Holy shit! This seems like a big deal (?)
Pausing my DL.
terrible
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:32 PM)
terrible's Avatar
That's quite the oopsy.
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:34 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar
There:

Hi folks,

We are aware of an issue with PC players being required to download the full version of FH3. While we investigate the cause and a fix, we are recommending that PC players cancel their current downloads of this FH3 update, as players who download this update will likely need to re-download the game again once the fix is in place.

More updates as they become available.

Thanks,
Brian

| Praxis |
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:35 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar
Is there any way to get the lady GPS thing to point me in the direction of the next championship race that doesn't involve me going into the map screen, the one I can't control with my wheel and I have to lean up out my seat to use keyboard and mouse?

That would be great.


Originally Posted by kudoboi

update is out but its downloading all 53gb for me on pc again wtf.

Windows Store strikes again!
rrs
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:36 PM)
rrs's Avatar
could anyone with the patch tell me if the R31 gets two widebody kits or just one? I saw a bolt-on wheel arch kit but wonder if there's a group 5 styled kit in game

Originally Posted by | Praxis |

Windows Store strikes again!

for once, It's not really the store's fault
Last edited by rrs; 01-03-2017 at 08:41 PM.
HeliosT10
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:42 PM)
HeliosT10's Avatar
Hi all,

For the latest status on the current issue with the Forza Horizon 3 PC update, please check this thread over on our official forums. Thanks for your patience whilst we resolve the issue.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...px#post_654847
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:49 PM)
I got the 53GB build, may as well download it and keep it for experimentation's sake.
| Praxis |
Member
(01-03-2017, 08:50 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar
So I can't play this now until this is fixed?

I paused the download but when I boot the game it redirects... Great!

Yep, cancelled the download and now I don't even have the play button. What a joke.
Last edited by | Praxis |; 01-03-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Gav47
Member
(01-03-2017, 10:31 PM)
Gav47's Avatar

Originally Posted by rrs

no encryption whatsoever,

Does the game run any better around Surfers Paradise? Encryption was one of the things blamed for poor performance
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-03-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Gav47

Does the game run any better around Surfers Paradise? Encryption was one of the things blamed for poor performance

It doesn't go beyond the start screen, it has an Invalid Profile error so I assume it's expecting a dev profile of some kind.
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 10:43 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar
It has been fixed, but I canīt find the new car pack.
rrs
Member
(01-03-2017, 10:45 PM)
rrs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gav47

Does the game run any better around Surfers Paradise? Encryption was one of the things blamed for poor performance

first, you'd need to get around the program having save issues, and secondly surfer's paradise is a CPU and GPU poly heavy area that will eat just about everything you can throw at it. The area was more or less designed to be at near peak hardware usage on XB1 when most of the game isn't.

Originally Posted by GlamFM

It has been fixed, but I canīt find the new car pack.

broken update got pulled, so no new cars just yet on pc
Last edited by rrs; 01-03-2017 at 10:48 PM.
GlamFM
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:45 PM)
GlamFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by rrs

first, you'd need to get around the program having save issues, and secondly surfer's paradise is a CPU and GPU poly heavy area that will eat just about everything you can throw at it. The area was more or less designed to be at near peak hardware usage on XB1 when most of the game isn't.
broken update got pulled, so no new cars just yet on pc

Makes sense, thanks.
| Praxis |
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:50 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar
It's been fixed now then? So it should be in the My Games section of the Xbox app again, or is there still an update that needs downloading?
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:51 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar
Porsche Cars leaked cause of this..heh
Blam
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:54 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by | Praxis |

It's been fixed now then? So it should be in the My Games section of the Xbox app again, or is there still an update that needs downloading?

Nah not yet.
RoKKeR
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:55 PM)
RoKKeR's Avatar
Seems they really bungled this update, haha.

But Porsche! Woo!
| Praxis |
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:00 AM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Blam

Nah not yet.

They posted an update though:

[UPDATE: 1:30 p.m. Pacific] - A few updates for you:

- The incorrect PC version of FH3 has now been removed and replaced. PC players who have the FH3 version ending with .37.2 should immediately uninstall that version of the game, then re-install. The correct playable version should end in .35.2.

- NOTE: PC players who completed the download of .37.2 and then started a new game save will have a corrupted saved game. Avoid creating a new saved game on .37.2, and only play on .35.2 to avoid this issue. As long as you have an existing save and have not created a new one on .37.2, your saved game will work correctly once the update is available.

As a reminder, you can check your version number on the launch screen where you sign in.

Because I started the update (didn't have a choice because I unknowingly launched the game that then started the broken update) I really hope this doesn't mean I have to download the whole thing again.

I only downloaded 100mb of it at the most.
rrs
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:10 AM)
rrs's Avatar

Originally Posted by | Praxis |

Because I started the update (didn't have a choice because I unknowingly launched the game that then started the broken update) I really hope this doesn't mean I have to download the whole thing again.

I only downloaded 100mb of it at the most.

you'll be fine, same thing happened to me
leng jai
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:15 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
Why does this shit keep happening to Windows Store games?
Blam
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:22 AM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

Why does this shit keep happening to Windows Store games?

Because developers are lazy.
| Praxis |
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:24 AM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar

Originally Posted by rrs

you'll be fine, same thing happened to me

Yeah, just booted it up before getting in bed and it seemed fine. I might get to play it tomorrow... if they didn't break anything else in the mean time.

A real shame it's only on Windows store and I've had nothing but problems with it as it's such a good game, it really is.
Lima
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:27 AM)
Lima's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blam

Because developers are lazy.

This shit should be a bannable offense by now.
H3rTz DoNuT
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:27 AM)
H3rTz DoNuT's Avatar
Can anyone add me to Forza Gaf club?
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:30 AM)
I hope I'm not hurting anyone at MS by posting this, but... DAAAAMN

TylerDurden4321
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:38 AM)
TylerDurden4321's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheAdmiester

I hope I'm not hurting anyone at MS by posting this, but... DAAAAMN

Uhmmmm..... *rubs eyes*
willbsn13
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:09 AM)
willbsn13's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheAdmiester

I hope I'm not hurting anyone at MS by posting this, but... DAAAAMN

You got anymore pics of the Porsches/Unreleased cars?

Would kill for a photo of the DB11, VK Commodore and the Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:12 AM)
A member speaking to me via PM (I'll name you if you want naming) has found the debug console and I have access to it now. Stay tuned.
Cyborgmatt
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:14 AM)
Cyborgmatt's Avatar
The files reference a 2017 Lamborghini called the Bellissima, did they just leak an unannounced Lambo? Whoops
TheAdmiester
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt

The files reference a 2017 Lamborghini called the Bellissima, did they just leak an unannounced Lambo? Whoops

That's been in for a while, codename for the Centenario I believe.

Process of elimination, there's no other 2017 Lambo, and no file named Centenario AFAIK.
Cyborgmatt
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:18 AM)
Cyborgmatt's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheAdmiester

That's been in for a while, codename for the Centenario I believe.

Process of elimination, there's no other 2017 Lambo, and no file named Centenario AFAIK.

Wouldn't the Centenario be 2016?
terrible
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:56 AM)
terrible's Avatar
I guess this screw up might actually be worth it in the end lol.
Blam
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:15 AM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by terrible

I guess this screw up might actually be worth it in the end lol.

It's not the first time.
Lima
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:59 AM)
Lima's Avatar
The disappointment here for me is that while I had already expected it anyway is that the second expansion pack looks to be indeed just another Porsche pack with probably some new events tied to it. Huge bummer considering I was secretly hoping for another Blizzard mountain style expansion.

Thread Tools