• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

UvUaqhq.jpg

Her own token!

It wears goggles! I will never give up the Equipment fight! NEVERRRRRRRR

Zev's Expertise can cause blowouts. Steal a vehicle, Incendiary Flow their other blocker, crew up their vehicle, swing in and tap everything down. Seems good af.

Wulfric

Yay monkeys! Legendary tokens are the best.

Does anyone else find this set kinda strange? There's a lot more token generation and searching going on than a small set usually does. AER-AER-KLD is going to be interesting to say the least. Maybe it'll make more sense when the last 80 cards are spoiled, but right now I don't know what this set is going to do for standard constructed.

Amazing. More pirates! I love the token, but I admit I wish it wasn't legendary so that you could create multiples...

EDIT: Oh, token exiles itself. Obvs. And yeah, should be Monkey Pirate creature type :)

jph139

A pirate that spawns her own little monkey... not sure what I expected for the Red legendary but it damn sure wasn't that.

Very cute design though. I like it a lot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The monkey not also being a pirate is a huge fail.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Much like the God artifacts not being equipment, you can't fit the text on the card.

I also second RW equipment/Allies. It is faster than vehicles but can have really bad draws as well.

traveler

Not Wario
There's a number of personalities with art in the art book. Wasn't sure if they were going to be cards or just concept work for characters. The pirate is one of them.

Edit: Black mythic is easily my fav mythic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For some random reason everyone on MTGS is convinced that demon sucks...because discard helps your opponent. The fact it costs 7 without building your deck around it apparently isn't the problem.

lolmtgs

Wulfric

I will bet $100 Advika Taar is WR

She runs a fight club. She augments herself with Equipment (hee hee).

So a 1WR Stoneforge Mystic? Gotcha.

*please be a real card*

The mythics look like limited bombs, but that's about it. There's nothing in there for modern... bleh.

For some random reason everyone on MTGS is convinced that demon sucks...because discard helps your opponent. The fact it costs 7 without building your deck around it apparently isn't the problem.

lolmtgs

Maybe I can convince them to give me some of their terrible Liliana of the Veils.

COUNT. ON. IT.

wake me up inside can't wake up. I can't wake up, save me!

well, we can at least agree she's part red

RW - Possible, but Depala is also in the same block
RU - I would say highly possible, but Maro shut me down
RB - I'm gonna go with this as my prediction. I have nothing to back this up.
RG - highly doubt it

red13th

OMG that Pirate that's HUGE value for a red 2 drop (a super shitty slot). Welp. Most important card in the set for cube for sure. Plus a LEGENDARY PIRATE MONKEY. How cool is that.

Ashodin

fuck! Well I have ONE hope left

ONE

Some sort of awesome equipment with Advika Taar's art on it

or a card that goes and gets equipment or SOMETHING

:(

Yeef

Looking at the image names on the Aether Revolt page with all the different characters, they're all have the character name in the file name, except Advikar Taar, which is called "Scrapper Champion."

Santiako

Looking at the image names on the Aether Revolt page with all the different characters, they're all have the character name in the file name, except Advikar Taar, which is called "Scrapper Champion."

They might use the art for an uncommon then.

Ashodin

That's stupid! She is literally the embodiment of a card that I'd use on LEGENDRULE. Wtf WotC?

Yeef

Apparently, either Surash or Advikar (but not both) fit the number crunch. I guess we'll find out for certain in 12 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom