• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Kari Zev. More than the other legends, her expertise works really well with her, since she can crew a vehicle you gain control of.

Common cycle
aetherherder.jpg
aetherchaser.jpg
aetherpoisoner.jpg
aetherswooper.jpg
aetherinspector.jpg

It's flavorful how it gives aetherborn death triggers.

Also, forgot to mention, it's really interesting that to fully stop Kari Zev's damage, you need to block with three creatures.

Santiako

I'm hopping on a plane now, when I land full spoiler should be out. There better be some red cards with Revolt or I'll revolt.

Yeef

I'm hopping on a plane now, when I land full spoiler should be out. There better be some red cards with Revolt or I'll revolt.
From what we've seen so far, it looks like revolt is only in Abzan colors and improvise is only in Grixis colors. We likely won't see any blue or red revolt cards (or any green or white improvise cards).

Yeef

Not sure how I feel about this one. I was already on the fence about the Fall of the hammer cards green has been getting since they feel too much like burn spells in limited. Now this one steps even further over the line.

en_uOB2tw6Zo2.png

[EDIT] Hey, look.

en_ZAaCKQCgDq.png

"Caught in the Brights" is a great design.
I think it's a flavour fail since running lights imply a continuation of being crewed.
Not sure how I feel about this one. I was already on the fence about the Fall of the hammer cards green has been getting since they feel too much like burn spells in limited. Now this one steps even further over the line.

en_uOB2tw6Zo2.png
It's interesting that it checks the value on cast

Lucario

all these aristocrats payoff cards with obnoxious restrictions

activate at sorcery speed only, 'nontoken'.... ugh.

Neoweee

why couldn't this have been an instant?

Because it is the common removal spell for limited, and can kill vehicles even when they are uncrewed unlike the overwhelming majority of the common removal in Kaladesh?

It's interesting that it checks the value on cast

It kind of has to due to the variable number of targets and having to decide the # of damage to get assigned to each.

duxstar

No graveyard hate in this set or proper emrakul hate lmao. Anyhow what are you guys preordering?

This so much , nothing that overpowers Aetherworks marvel into Emrakul on turn 4. Congrats wizards on your shitty standard turnouts for another couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom