• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

Just looking through the full set release now.

en_20mto2qmKS.png

Interesting. This has got to be the cheapest Threaten effect I can remember seeing.

Santiako

I really like the set (and the block), stuff left to reveal was mostly draft chaff as expected, but still very good.

I'm guessing that the flavour reason for the lack of revolt in red is because the red were already the rebels in Kaladesh, so they won't start to revolt because they had been already for a while.

With the complete lack of GY hate I'm expecting an Emrakul ban.

Violet_0

Banned
quick question (probably obvious) but the Aether Revolt prerelease is stand-alone, right? Meaning they don't mix it with Kaladesh

I might find the time to participate after all, though it's a bit of a hassle. I actually think this set has a lot more interesting cards, for limited anyway

Santiako

quick question (probably obvious) but the Aether Revolt prerelease is stand-alone, right? Meaning they don't mix it with Kaladesh

I might find the time to participate after all, though it's a bit of a hassle. I actually think this set has a lot more interesting cards, for limited anyway

No, it's 4 packs of AER and 2 of KLD

Crocodile

A lot of cool cards for my Artifact Cube (and even regular one) in this set. Not sure how standard will play out but I guess I don't have to care since I don't play standard :p

AER Pre-release will include Kaladesh cards but it will be mostly AER cards you'lll see in your kits. I think its a 4 - 2 or 5 - 1 ratio of old set to new set but I can't remember exactly.

Neoweee

No, it is the regular format, 4 AER, 2 KLD, + 1 random promo rare.

The only reason I can think of as why we've got 0 graveyard hate right now is Amonkhet's Graveyard themed, but even then Emrakul needs to go. It's a stupid ass card that's made even stupider through Marvel/Cost Reduction.

Jhriad

Now I'm building burn to specifically shit on that combo.

Even if it only happens once, I will be estatic.

Fatal Push w/ Revolt also kills the Guardian, Unlicensed Disintegration can either kill Guardian and/or redirect damage to Saheeli, Hungry Flames redirect, etc.

Ashodin

Saheeli won't live past the turn you drop her against my deck. If that's what you drop turn three you got problems

Yeef

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227785436]So something like this?

sdfsdf7ysik.png
[/QUOTE]I'm not sure what the maps are for here. I feel like, with that mana base, hitting white by turn 4 isn't too difficult. I feel like the space the maps take up would be better served by something else. Either more removal or more filtering to find the combo.

With all those spells, maybe Thing in the Ice as a good early blocker and secondary win con.

Lucario

I like the idea of jamming the combo into an ETB value deck. Both cards are decent on their own in the right shell. Basically just grab some tier-3 panharmonicon build and shave the titular card for 4 Felidar Guardian.

It'd be a huge stretch to add green for Rogue Refiner, but abusing triggers on Prophetic Prism, Glint Nest Crane, Whirler Virtuoso, Cloudblazer, etc? I've seen worse shells for standard combo decks.

It's also kind of cute that Saheeli was one of the original combo pieces for the Decoction Module/Panharmonicon/Whirler Virtuoso deck. Need to try jamming both into the same shell at least once.

Oh I forgot glint nest crane in my cheerios build, sram is insane with the short amount of goldfishing I've done. Whir of invention fetching a torrential gearhulk to flashback a paradoxical outcome is going to be sick.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The only reason I can think of as why we've got 0 graveyard hate right now is Amonkhet's Graveyard themed, but even then Emrakul needs to go. It's a stupid ass card that's made even stupider through Marvel/Cost Reduction.

You got zero hate because by the time they realized there was a problem, this whole block was planned out. Some might say they are still resist that it is a problem.

Also it feels like this is what a set that considered eternals formats what be like. There is a lot of ridiculous stuff.

I'm not sure what the maps are for here. I feel like, with that mana base, hitting white by turn 4 isn't too difficult. I feel like the space the maps take up would be better served by something else. Either more removal or more filtering to find the combo.
The maps are redundancy with Thraben Inspector to enable Metallic Rebuke. I actually cut a land alongside all 4 evolving wilds and brought in 4 fumaroles, 2 Crackdown Constructs and a Key to The City for maximum combo time.

three colours is not hard to pull off? can't even surprise people until you have seven mana.

3 colors is doable. the problem with the way you phrase this is, saheeli is a planeswalker permanent. usually a bit harder to get rid of after just 1 turn, so its like...turn 3 saheeli, pass turn, if I have the plains and this card and you don't deal with her, game?

You got zero hate because by the time they realized there was a problem, this whole block was planned out. Some might say they are still resist that it is a problem.

"Emrakul is perfectly fine guys"-probable quote from R&D in the future.

Like, I'd really like for R&D to actually, I don't know, think about more then just pushing something they know is overpowered? Like, for all their efforts in trying to push tribal, none of those decks exist in Standard right now but the pushed cards are seeing play(Spell Queller, Smuggler's Copter,etc). Marvel would be fine if it sacced itself on use, or required anything other then curve out. Gideon would be fine if he was 5 mana, Spell Queller would be fine if it was<3 CMC. These are all little tweaks that would nerf the card but not kill it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom