• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Goblin Test Pilot is now a Pilot

Latest Developments - Aiming at Modern
* Aether Revolt intentionally included a lot of Modern cards.
* They don't build Modern decks to test, but they check to make sure there aren't any hard to disrupt two card combos (lololololololol) and such.
* Revolt cards were favored for pushing, because they were much easier to trigger with fetchlands than anything in Standard. So yes, they know Renegade Rallier can bring back a fetchland.
* Fatal Push was made to give black stronger removal in Modern, to combat Path to Exile.
* They feel the Expertise cards will be fine with the no mana suspend cards, since you still need them in your hand.
It's not those that matter it's the Fuse cards.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
brain in the jar didn't break them already tbf

Brain in the Jar requires you to sit around doing nothing to play them. They're still not broken even with Expertise cards.

Also, my box was aggressively terrible other than an Ensnaring Bridge saving it from being an unmitigated shitshow.

Ashodin

Box #1 (sans eight packs) (in descending price order)

slot-machine-cashing-out.gif

Engineered Explosives

Tezzeret
Herald of Anguish
Ajani
Paradox Engine
Fatal Push (lol)
Rishkar, Peema Renegade
Mechanized Production
Spire of Industry
Baral
Oath of Ajani
Inspiring Statuary
Hope of Ghirapur
Whir of Invention
Heroic Intervention
Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider
Yahenni
Greenwheel Liberator
Rishkar's Expertise

and cats

more to come! got another box, those 8 packs, and a bundle.

Ashodin

OK.

Here's the next list of ridiculousness out of the second box + 8 packs + bundle, + 2 draft winnings.

(FOIL) Heart of Kiran
Heart of Kiran
Tezzeret the Schemer
Walking Ballista
Fatal Push (x4)
Yahenni's Expertise
Rishkar, Peema Renegade
Disallow
Metallic Mimic (x2)
Aethersphere Harvester (x2)
Kari Zev x2
(FOIL) Sram, Senior Edificer
Sram x2

Joe Molotov

Was a consensus ever reached on whether we believe they thought Copy Cat was okay to print, or whether they just flat out didn't notice it? I still can't figure out which is worse.

Hey guys, Copycat lost to GW Tokens, I guess it's not that good after all!

EDIT:
Was a consensus ever reached on whether we believe they thought Copy Cat was okay to print, or whether they just flat out didn't notice it? I still can't figure out which is worse.

It'd be one thing if this combo was spread across two blocks, but this has appeared in Limited games already, and I can't imagine that would be intentional. Though even if it was across two blocks, I'd still expect it to have been an oversight instead of intentional.

Angry Grimace

Last minute change to what the Cat does I'm guessing.

Hey guys, Copycat lost to GW Tokens, I guess it's not that good after all!

EDIT:

It'd be one thing if this combo was spread across two blocks, but this has appeared in Limited games already, and I can't imagine that would be intentional. Though even if it was across two blocks, I'd still expect it to have been an oversight instead of intentional.

Don't overestimate the level of competition at an SCG Open.

MoxManiac

Maybe EDH demand with Conspiracy 2 being very underopened?

That was really fun.

The price of mythics combined with the low cost of boxes makes Conspiracy 2 tempting to open. Only 3 of the mythics in the set (if you don't count the mythic conspiracies which IIRC take up a different slot in the pack) are below 10 dollars.

EDIT: miscounted. 4.

Angry Grimace

Are you sure? I thought C2 was print-to-demand?

It wouldn't surprise me, though. Once Kaladesh came out it seemed like everyone forgot about C2.

"Print to Demand" requires demand. There's no demand.

Bugs me they are not calling it Copy Cat. Sometimes SCG is so contrarian with their deck names. I get why they'd rather have a card in the deck name and I am glad we've moved on from Cat Lady, but Copy Cat is a great name :)

Conversely, I was glad they jumped in the Tarkir names for the 3 colour decks so quickly.

MoxManiac

Bugs me they are not calling it Copy Cat. Sometimes SCG is so contrarian with their deck names. I get why they'd rather have a card in the deck name and I am glad we've moved on from Cat Lady, but Copy Cat is a great name :)

Conversely, I was glad they jumped in the Tarkir names for the 3 colour decks so quickly.

Cat Lady was the best name.

OnPoint

What are they calling it? I personally think Copy Cat is better than old archaic names like Junk and NicFit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom