• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Mickey wasn't wearing a shirt in Kingdom Hearts 1 because he lost it to the darkness!

That's fricken hilarious.

That was essentially the Rogue One of Kingdom Hearts

Finished it on Proud Mode. That last boss was a pain in the ass.

Malyse

I wasn't expecting that, since I thought KH1 was supposed to be one of the harder games in the series, with Proud being the hardest difficulty, but I do want a challenge. I'll plan on doing that.

I would definitely like to get them.
The higher the difficulty level, the easier the secret movies are to unlock. While it will be harder for a bit, doing all the extra bullshit to get the movies will take significantly longer on lower difficulties.

Malyse

Yea that threw me for a loop if they keep all the Disney worlds having a meaning like that I'm excited
I don't know how many ways I can say that Disney is taking a vested interest in KH3, but here's one more: Disney Infinity and Star Wars Battlefront showed Disney that there's a fuckton of cash to be made in video games. After that, we started seeing them lend out directors and story consultants for KH3. This is why the sequel to BH6 is coming in Kingdom Hearts.

zeemumu

Yea that threw me for a loop if they keep all the Disney worlds having a meaning like that I'm excited

It actually makes a lot more sense of why
we've been seeing primarily Olympus Coliseum in KH3's released footage. That's probably the tutorial level. Herc's gonna teach him how to summon rides.

It actually makes a lot more sense of why
we've been seeing primarily Olympus Coliseum in KH3's released footage. That's probably the tutorial level. Herc's gonna teach him how to summon rides.
Mark of mastery more like it

Sooo what's in the box any guesses?

zeemumu

Actual spoiler (that you might know already)
It's where Sora's Mark of mastery test is happening.

They confirmed it a while ago. It's also where he'll get the outfit change IIRC

Mark of mastery more like it

Sooo what's in the box any guesses?

Maybe the Mark of Mastery IS the tutorial.

And it's probably their armor. Granted, Riku doesn't need it.

I got so pissed when they cut away.

57eca9d811619656af079c5b751f2eca.gif

Posted this in the 2.8 thread figured I'd post it here.

BackCover Spoilers
Guess we know who the real villain of the series is.

Master Xehanort is Luxu's apprentice since he's carrying No Name. That keyblade is meant to allow the Master of Masters to see the future, i.e. whatever weird timey-wimey shit Xehanort was doing.

Also earlier on it was said that the only way to bring the master back was to summon kingdom hearts, something Xehanort has been trying to do the whole series.

Feels like this mess is finally coming together (kind of).

Bless all the people who've spent hours perfecting the Lingering Will/XIII fights and taking videos of it because it helped me tremendously to finally beat them.

Lingering Will is actually a pretty fun fight (except when he spams the glider or lasers). I've beaten him twice, but I don't think I can do a no-damage attempt as I still struggle with the defensive timing of a few of his moves.

Now I just have gummi stuff left for the platinum :/

Tsunamo

I hope Unchained speedsup with the mainplot now that 2.8's out. I'm getting a bit sick of all the filler story missions Last couple of months have been Castle Of Dreams, which was fun at least and we got a you can't just open doors with keyblades, knock first joke out of it but this month's was cleaning up Daybreak Towns sewers against Shark Heartless. I miss the monthly Chi updates where they revealed one big thing in each.
Now I just have gummi stuff left for the platinum :/
I hated it at first but it's actually pretty fun once you know the right builds.
Here's a handy guide which gets you through most of the missions (you might have to farm for a couple of materials to make it though)
http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/kh2gummigarage.php
No no the Big box
I was under the assumption that the box allowed him to survive the keyblade war and carry on to the new world somehow. And thus passdown the eye keyblade from person to person in the new world and start the foundation of Keyblade Wielders and teaching again. Between that and 0.2 I feel like even though it wasn't said that would account for most of the plotholes/unanswered questions in the rest of the series and fits in alright.

By the way, how is BBS on critical? I played Proud on PSP, and struggled with a few bosses, but I completed Terra and Ven without much issue. Also, how does the road to platinum compare to KH2?

How you feel about beating Lingering Will again at 60fps

:(

I'll take him on any time. I'll probably try loading up a lower level save and fighting him again.

Lnds500

By the way, how is BBS on critical? I played Proud on PSP, and struggled with a few bosses, but I completed Terra and Ven without much issue. Also, how does the road to platinum compare to KH2?

Critical isn't too hard imo but the platinum is unachievable for me since you need to complete all the stupid minigames and the ice cream minigame is bs.

And you need to complete the journal 3 times.

Tsunamo

Platinum's way way more tedious and difficult because you have to do everything in each journal, so you essentially have to 100% the game three times.

That, Re:CoM and DDD's platinums are extremely tedious to get.

But if you just wanna do a Critical mode run for fun i'd say it's not that much more difficult than Proud. The first time around you might have struggled, but now that you've gotten used to the game in proud mode it shouldn't be too difficult minus a couple of bosses.

Bless all the people who've spent hours perfecting the Lingering Will/XIII fights and taking videos of it because it helped me tremendously to finally beat them.
I don't think I would have ever figured out how to reliably defend against Lingering Will's desperation attack if not for youtube videos showing the fight. Its so satisfying when you do manage to get past that attack unscathed, though.

Aquova

Kairi is voiced by the backup Kairi they used in CoM etc

So... I just looked this up. Hayden Panettiere (the cheerleader from Heroes) was the original Kairi and voiced her in KH1, KH2, and BBS, after which she stopped, probably because she started getting bigger roles.

So they then hired the backup, Alyson Stoner, who voiced her in Re:CoM as well as Xion in Days. Fine.

Then it gets weird. Panettiere came back to voice
Xion
in DDD, which carried over to 2.8 (I don't even remember her having any lines), but she didn't do Kairi in 0.2, instead Stoner did her.

I wonder which we'll get in KH3? The original actress was interested in the series back in 2012, but not this year. Maybe since it will be a bigger role she'd consider returning for it.

zeemumu

So... I just looked this up. Hayden Panettiere (the cheerleader from Heroes) was the original Kairi and voiced her in KH1, KH2, and BBS, after which she stopped, probably because she started getting bigger roles.

So they then hired the backup, Alyson Stoner, who voiced her in Re:CoM as well as Xion in Days. Fine.

Then it gets weird. Panettiere came back to voice
Xion
in DDD, which carried over to 2.8 (I don't even remember her having any lines), but she didn't do Kairi in 0.2, instead Stoner did her.

I wonder which we'll get in KH3? The original actress was interested in the series back in 2012, but not this year. Maybe since it will be a bigger role she'd consider returning for it.

Probably depends on Hayden's Nashville schedule.

zeemumu

This. Hopefully she can do it. In 0.2 I was taken aback when I heard Stoner. Panettiere will always be Kairi the same way Zane will always be the Seeker of Darkness.

(RIP Christopher Lee)

I only know Alyson Stoner as one of the recurring characters from Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Famassu

Now that 2.8 is out worldwide I'm sure KH3 news Nomura promised is dropping any second now.

aw11RpK.gif
I'd imagine anything KH related (if there is anything) will focus on 2.8 post mortem interviews with Nomura for a little while now that the game has been released, with maybe a little bit of KHIII talk thrown in there ("So, now that 2.8 is done, what's next for KHIII?" type questions with vague, short answers).

Other than that, depending on what is at FF's 30th anniversary thing, that might take a lot of SQEX's PR department's attention from the event onwards. I mean, if they blow the lid off FFVII Remake and/or announce FFXVI and/or whatever else, those might take the spotlight for 2-3 weeks into February.

I'd wager a guess March is more likely for new KHIII info. With the FF event and Nier releasing in February, those will have lots of buzz that KHIII doesn't need to take away from or compete with. + March marks KH's 15th anniversary, you'd imagine that SQEX will have some kind of acknowledgement about that, maybe even some kind of (small) event, which might come with a side-dish of KHIII stuff.

EDIT: I guess KH could also be at the FF event since they are somewhat connected franchises. That's one way KHIII might get some light soon.

yunbuns

Nobody cares about Skull. Or Kairi. That's why
Yen Sid is dumping her with Merlin.

Do Kairi fans still think she's suddenly become
relevant
a badass warrior chick?

I only know Alyson Stoner as one of the recurring characters from Suite Life of Zack and Cody

She'll always be the dancing little girl in the Missy Elliot videos to me.

Code:
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/e9e5918da37eb78b78af2183f944554a/tumblr_nj270tFeQa1sk5loko1_500.gif[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://xonecole.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Alyson-Stoner-42.gif[/IMG]

Top Bottom