• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

andycapps

We'll get another podcast out the week of signing day since there might be a few items of interest to talk about. I mean, more than there is now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Official ACC Schedule for 2017

1485283595389-16_17_fbl_2017_logoschedule.jpg

Aside from Auburn -> @Louisville, the schedule sets up pretty well for us. Bye week before GT and FSU at the end of the year, hopefully after the QB situation is resolved.

Vanillalite

On the one hand

Yay no Thursday home game.

On the other hand

We get fucked yet again by the ACC. We are the only team that has 3 opponents coming of a bye week in the whole league.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
On the one hand

Yay no Thursday home game.

On the other hand

We get fucked yet again by the ACC. We are the only team that has 3 opponents coming of a bye week in the whole league.

Sounds normal for Bama. A few years ago there were 6-7 teams coming off byes and I think the conference was supposed to do something to fix that but still ended up giving Bama 3-4 opponents coming off byes.

Last week we actually did get a Ju-Co transfer that Alabama offered as well, and he was from Alabama. If Herman can land one recruit in his class per year that Alabama also offered, we'll be in decent shape.

Quake1028

Hurricanes

2016: At App State, no return home game until 2021
2017: At Arkansas State
2018: At Toledo

Are there any other Power 5 schools giving Group of 5 teams like this true home games? I'm ignorant of other teams' schedules.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So this is what it feels like to steal a kicker.
Hurricanes

Are there any other Power 5 schools giving Group of 5 teams like this true home games? I'm ignorant of other teams' schedules.
Mississippi State has traveled to some weird places recently.

ryseing

Hurricanes

We played @ECU last year (to be fair, it's a rivalry game) and @ODU and @South Alabama the year before. We have future games @Marshall and @Troy. It happens when ADs want 2 for 1s instead of paycheck games.

Quake1028

We played @ECU last year (to be fair, it's a rivalry game) and @ODU and @South Alabama the year before. We have future games @Marshall and @Troy. It happens when ADs want 2 for 1s instead of paycheck games.

I don't think we are getting 2 for 1's out of the deal even.

Hurricanes

Miami does this to see what it's like to play in front of a crowd.

Vanillalite

So my overweight out of shape ass decided to start running again for my health along with some light lifting.

When I start I imagine myself like a coach running out from the tunnel.

What I actually am is the husband in the Galaxy Gear commercial who's 2 feet from his house and about to die. LoL

https://youtu.be/HfHVSlo5TPs

Top Bottom