• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Ynnek7

Ynnek you already gave us your night actions right? Any items or other unusualness to report?

Nope, other than my role blocking it doesn't seem like anything else has happened to me.

While claiming this wouldn't be believed anyway, we can assume that Ty4on hit town when he handed out the bomb. They knew that a confirmed Ty would be the most likely kill, so instead of risking passing the bomb to another town, they simply tossed it to him.

*Splinter

Uh, like most mornings I posted and then went to make breakfast. Sorry I was hungry? I guess?

And like most left I think, I'm ordinary town.
Damn this game has a lot of ordinaries.

UNVOTE

Ok, who's next?

Terra
Magnum

Can we get a complete set of ordinaries who have received no items?

Damn this game has a lot of ordinaries.

I mean, I thought that too, but consider we've got lost 5 so far in a twenty person game:

Doctor - Sorian
Watcher - Kawl
Lover1 - CzarTim
Lover2 - Natiko
Item Giver / Innocent Child - Ty4on

AND we know there's a Serial Killer in the mix.

*Splinter

I mean, I thought that too, but consider we've got lost 5 so far in a twenty person game:

Doctor - Sorian
Watcher - Kawl
Lover1 - CzarTim
Lover2 - Natiko
Item Giver / Innocent Child - Ty4on

AND we know there's a Serial Killer in the mix.
Oh yeah I forgot the lovers. Still on the low side, but I guess the item giver is supposed to make up for that?

Kyanrute

While claiming this wouldn't be believed anyway, we can assume that Ty4on hit town when he handed out the bomb. They knew that a confirmed Ty would be the most likely kill, so instead of risking passing the bomb to another town, they simply tossed it to him.

This seems too safe a play to me. It would have no real gain in it. Why not treat the bomb as a delayed vigishot and give da bomb to someone who you thought was scum?

But how then to explain the single kill and the bomb ending up with Ty? am confuse

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Go to sleep: no posts.

The day I decide to actually sleep in: lots of posts.

Of course.

Since it's mass claim time. Ordinary.

*Splinter

You looking for my general thoughts on the matter or do ya wanna me to RP scum POV or something?
No I was being lazy and wanted you to do the math for me 😃

I want to know if we can lynch scum or it has to be the SK today. I guess we're safe either way.

This seems too safe a play to me. It would have no real gain in it. Why not treat the bomb as a delayed vigishot and give da bomb to someone who you thought was scum?

But how then to explain the single kill and the bomb ending up with Ty? am confuse
Scum wouldn't give the bomb to Ty
Town would have claimed having the bomb today

It is a mystery

Kyanrute

No I was being lazy and wanted you to do the math for me 😃
I want to know if we can lynch scum or it has to be the SK today. I guess we're safe either way.

well...

So is killing SK a town loss is what I wonder?

3-2-3 turns into a 3-1-3, 4-1-3 turns into a 4-0-3 for night five. In 1st case, as long as the scum kill hits, the votes are 50/50 on day six. While this does not fulfill the scum wincon, they will be able to force it via a tie. Town loss unless town has an additional ability. The same scenario happens in the second alternative.

thingsarelookingprettygood.gif

Kyanrute

oh and now i got what you meant splints lol all the time i was thinking you wanted to hear my opinion on d1 to d3 lynches

man i am good at this understanding thing

brb

Kyanrute

Assuming scum kill. SK kill, scum kill:

3-2-2 / 4-1-2 on n5

t,t - 1-2-2 / 2-1-2
same.t - 2-2-2 / 3-1-2
t,n - 2-1-2 / -
t,sk - 2-1-2 / 3-0-2
n,t - 2-1-2 / 3-0-2
same.n - 3-1-2 / -
n,sk - 3-0-2 / -
s,n - 3-1-1 / -
s,sk - 3-1-1 / 4-0-1

The specific scum lynch into two town deaths scenario puts us into a place where the SK's vote, in the best case, will decide if the game will continue or not. I am assuming the SK can win with scum but not with town (all threats to town etc.). Thus, they should vote with scum to lynch town. If they read the scum correctly, scum and SK win. If they don't, well, more possible scenarios.

Town cannot win without killing the remaining threats in correct order I think. Scum first, SK last. I'd go with calling this a mylo, even though that ain't technically true.

Kyanrute

And to all people who were like "hurr durr kyan is scum such panic"

well

this is the reason why I want to stay alive. So please, if ya want me death, make a better case than that.

*Splinter

Assuming scum kill. SK kill, scum kill:

3-2-2 / 4-1-2 on n5

t,t - 1-2-2 / 2-1-2
same.t - 2-2-2 / 3-1-2
t,n - 2-1-2 / -
t,sk - 2-1-2 / 3-0-2
n,t - 2-1-2 / 3-0-2
same.n - 3-1-2 / -
n,sk - 3-0-2 / -
s,n - 3-1-1 / -
s,sk - 3-1-1 / 4-0-1

The specific scum lynch into two town deaths scenario puts us into a place where the SK's vote, in the best case, will decide if the game will continue or not. I am assuming the SK can win with scum but not with town (all threats to town etc.). Thus, they should vote with scum to lynch town. If they read the scum correctly, scum and SK win. If they don't, well, more possible scenarios.

Town cannot win without killing the remaining threats in correct order I think. Scum first, SK last. I'd go with calling this a mylo, even though that ain't technically true.
Based on the NK targets we've seen, the SK probably has a lone survivor win con

Bronx-Man

Banned
And to all people who were like "hurr durr kyan is scum such panic"

well

this is the reason why I want to stay alive. So please, if ya want me death, make a better case than that.
I never get why people keep thinking this will save them. If it did, Blarg would be a GAFia Master.

Kyanrute

ok sk if you are a lone survivors u must kill SCUM too

if your kill failed last night you hit bp or someshit that is a standard scum protection against meanies like you

SHOOT THEM AGAIN

especially if they are absolut ynnek or bronx

i am verily serial

not the killer though

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Alright, so there was only one kill last night, ynnek7 claims to have blocked Juan, and we're doing a mass roll claim? If I missed any other important developments, please inform me of them.

As for my role, I am an ordinary townie.

Also you searched Ty4on posts to look into me and Kyan?

No, you searched Ty4on's posts to find the breadcrumb that led me to you.

I did not search Ty4on's posts. I went back to the end of the last day phase, to see the discussion after my "Top 3" experiment. That post was there. I get the feeling I'm on the right track at this point though, looking into you and Kyanrute.

*Splinter

So your argument is that he passed me an item, and then immediately thought I was scum afterwards?
Essentially, yes. Although I wouldn't say "immediately", his scum read on you ramped up throughout day 3.

He passed you an item, regretted it, claimed so he wouldn't have to give out any more items, then asked Ynnek to block you so you couldn't use the item he gave.

We will start with this post from Kyan. It's longer than I would like to quote, but I will bring the relevant parts out. I linked the post so you can see them in context though.

Nor should you (AB note: "you" refers to Nin) die in my opinion, Splinter would be the one to go for if one would want to know what you two really are. Might need to kill you both to be sure, hopefully that is not needed. While Splinter's alignment is still bit hazy, I do not really see a good reason for scum to do what he did. Thus, I feel he and you can be trusted as long as there are more convincing cases to follow.
We start off with just a bit of "well maybe" and defense. This is to set *Splinter up as reliable to Nin, whom *Splinter had just "cleared". This clear means little if *Splinter is Scum; he knows Nin is either town or the SK (who isn't going to argue against being cleared as town). This line in particular:

"While Splinter's alignment is still bit hazy, I do not really see a good reason for scum to do what he did."

is telling. *Splinter's alignment at this point isn't "still bit hazy", it's completely unknown.

It's also important to note, I asked *Splinter about this clear:

For clarity, if you don't mind answering, was it a role cop or alignment cop?

He never answered.

What really caught me eye though, and I mentioned it earlier, was this:

Leaves Sophia, Absolut, myself, Ynnek, Bronx, Terra and Magnum. If I am correct with my theories for once, three scum and a very serious killer among those seven.

There is nothing at this point to clear *Splinter of being the SK, but Kyan does. Why? My guess? It's a mental slip because *Splinter is one of his scum buddies.

When I call him on it? He could have just said "whoops, my bad, you're right." But no, he doubled down. First he tried to brush it off, then off handedly dismiss it with "better targets out there".

When I pressed him on it he just got more defensive.

Remember when we did my little experiment? And I commented I needed to reread Kyan because I thought it was odd no one mentioned him? Kyan's answer:

I read Absolut. I’m not really surprised that it is he who brings me up. His past read posts have mentioned his suspicions about me. I can see concerns about my shitposting and some negative feelsTM. The suspicion now doesn’t just jump out of nowhere. I’m interested to see where this goes and which persons choose to go what way. Healthy suspicion or testing the waters? We’ll see, as the door is open until the day end.

Don't see myself voting for Absolut today, at least for now.

I have mentioned Kyan all of twice until the experiment. Once in a D1 read list of "why speculate on Ty4on's PR" and then this:

11. [m] *Splinter - I suck at reading *Splinter I think. This post reeks. "Kyan's post is fluffy, so I'm going to make my post equally or more difficult to read just to highlight that." Wut. OTOH, he's right. The post he's quoting is a giant "I wanted to wait until we had definitive information, so I waited until after the lynch to ask." One sentence; point *Splinter. He was the first to mention cabot being alive being strange though. If scum kept cabot alive for a reason, why be the first to mention it?

14. [m] Kyanrute - The "lol-not-scum" posts still bother me a bit. I know Kawl said it's nothing, but Kawl's dead. Kyan's back and forth with *Splinter, I frankly can't tell if it's two town bickering or two scum pretending to bicker. But it's so late in the game I really don't feel like scum would be drawing attention to each other like this. Town/Scum mix? I would put my vote on Kyan being scum before *Splinter.

But apparently, that's enough to "not be surprised it's [me] who brings him up".

And so now, during a crucial day, *Splinter comes out of nowhere with "you lied to us", when Kyan's neck is on the line. He backed Kyan's call for a mass role claim after Kyan got called out for being RBed on a night with one kill. But wants you to think he's above suspicion:

I'm not claiming yet because the less trusted people should be claiming first, plus I think I already claimed ordinary so there's not much to say.

I will be afk for a bit, but I will try to be on mobile.

Sawneeks

Banned
Zelda Fact of the Day #12: Did you know there is a secret room in A Link to the Past called the Chris Houlihan Room? It contains 45 blue rupees and is accessible in both the SNES and GBA versions of the game. It is named that because Chris Houlihan was a contest winner in Nintendo Power to have your name included in the game! Now you know!

The Vote Tool is currently not working so I will be counting the Votes manually until it is back.

Current Vote Count:

AbsolutBro (2):
*Splinter
Kyanrute

Majority is 5

Day 5 ends in:

bla_1485644400.png

Kyanrute

ok absolut chooses to fight woohoo

but zzzz

hazy ok linguistics imma not bother

then the pointless sk line that was already explained in million or so posts and that number is not an overestimation at all you can use that as an argument against me absolut no need to thank me

when i pressed me LOLOLOL good good but no

it is enough to bring you up because as you concluded, nobody besides you cared about me beyond shade throwing before the amazing scumread post of yours

ok so this post was not worth even writing i should've just shitposted instead

Kyanrute

We will start with this post from Kyan. It's longer than I would like to quote, but I will bring the relevant parts out. I linked the post so you can see them in context though.

We start off with just a bit of "well maybe" and defense. This is to set *Splinter up as reliable to Nin, whom *Splinter had just "cleared". This clear means little if *Splinter is Scum; he knows Nin is either town or the SK (who isn't going to argue against being cleared as town). This line in particular:

"While Splinter's alignment is still bit hazy, I do not really see a good reason for scum to do what he did."

is telling. *Splinter's alignment at this point isn't "still bit hazy", it's completely unknown.

It's also important to note, I asked *Splinter about this clear:

He never answered.

What really caught me eye though, and I mentioned it earlier, was this:

There is nothing at this point to clear *Splinter of being the SK, but Kyan does. Why? My guess? It's a mental slip because *Splinter is one of his scum buddies.

When I call him on it? He could have just said "whoops, my bad, you're right." But no, he doubled down. First he tried to brush it off, then off handedly dismiss it with "better targets out there".

When I pressed him on it he just got more defensive.

Remember when we did my little experiment? And I commented I needed to reread Kyan because I thought it was odd no one mentioned him? Kyan's answer:

I have mentioned Kyan all of twice until the experiment. Once in a D1 read list of "why speculate on Ty4on's PR" and then this:

But apparently, that's enough to "not be surprised it's [me] who brings him up".

And so now, during a crucial day, *Splinter comes out of nowhere with "you lied to us", when Kyan's neck is on the line. He backed Kyan's call for a mass role claim after Kyan got called out for being RBed on a night with one kill. But wants you to think he's above suspicion:

I will be afk for a bit, but I will try to be on mobile.

Kyan is a gracious Kyan, for he could've just given you a shitpost or a factual post that shows you for the scum you are but NO!

he is do both

all hail kyan gracious kyan hail kyan

This is because town needs to vote in a united front to win and I know some might not understand my shitposts. I know this because I don't understand them either so I'll entertain this.

1st Absolut goes to showcase his skill in the art of English language instead of attacking the actual point of the sentence - the fact that there is no point for scum to use a copshot on townies or themselves. I like colorful language, do forgive me if I do not use the absolutely correct term all the time. There is absolutely nothing telling about using "hazy". You are arguing semantics.

The SK part I have already explained. Old argument that never made sense.

The two mentions Absolut mentions are the mentions I am referring to when I said I was not surprised that he brought me up. Like he concluded with his grand analysis, most people were not openly considering me as scum. At best, they were content with some amounts of shade throwing. Just read the thread again if you do not believe me. I've had it easy since day two. Absolut's mentions were notable because he went farther with them than most.

Top Bottom