• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

oh well that's cool but seriously the giant robot shows we've had lately have been too mopey and political, we need the creators of this to come back.

7vBKPeO.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Or they can put Transformers Beast Wars on and have people bitch about the dated CG. "Who put this N64 game on TV..."

Till they get to Dinobot taking everyone on by himself in a suicide assault to save the unevolved ancestors of humanity.

Morlas

If there's one thing i hate the most about CN it's how they treat properties that arent their originals nowadays, i mean they stuck the sequel to the best transformers show on early saturday morning when no kids were up anyway and they did it to sonic boom as well.

cntr

Banned
Who currently owns both properties now a days?
nobody.

the way write-offs work means that they can't be picked up and re-aired or continued by anybody, though it's theoretically possible for someone else to release comics and stuff like that (but not the original owners)

nobody.

the way write-offs work means that they can't be picked up and re-aired or continued by anybody, though it's theoretically possible for someone else to release comics and stuff like that (but not the original owners)
How is this even possible? Did IP lawyers just chuck it into a "fuck it" bucket?

Seda

IGPX was written off too at one point, I believe, but the unique situation with that being an international collaboration project somehow made it possible to bring it back to air again and a DVD release.

well

yeah, that's pretty much what a wrife-off is
How was the property handled? They did no merchandising or anything. Even Young Fucking Justice is coming back. I just find it hard to believe that in this day and age something can be made and cancelled with nobody having any kind of copyright to it.

cntr

Banned
How was the property handled? They did no merchandising or anything. Even Young Fucking Justice is coming back. I just find it hard to believe that in this day and age something can be made and cancelled with nobody having any kind of copyright to it.
a write-off isn't really a copyright thing, it's saying that you don't want to own a property anymore, and don't want to be taxed on it. that's why even other companies can't continue the show on TV, because that's basically a tax evasion loophole.

you could maybe continue it outside TV with another company, but it's legally complicated and I don't know enough to guess how it'd work out

Morlas

I wonder if it's possible for them to use the same characters under a different show name/ip, or if the characters themselves are included in the write-off.

a write-off isn't really a copyright thing, it's saying that you don't want to own a property anymore, and don't want to be taxed on it. that's why even other companies can't continue the show on TV, because that's basically a tax evasion loophole.

you could maybe continue it outside TV with another company, but it's legally complicated and I don't know enough to guess how it'd work out
Well shit, that's pretty much throwing something in the fuck it bucket.

Regiruler

If there's one thing i hate the most about CN it's how they treat properties that arent their originals nowadays, i mean they stuck the sequel to the best transformers show on early saturday morning when no kids were up anyway and they did it to sonic boom as well.

They lost Pokemon simply from apathy.

POKEMON

And losing yugioh was one of their all time greatest fuckups, although that hurt yugioh more than it did CN at the time.

Mizerman

It's very blatant. Hell, it happened with Justice League Action. If it's not stuff like TTG or Steven Universe, you'd be lucky to be given a chance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If I remember right the creators said they'd have to go to another network to get it back on air, this was during the time when everyone was pushing Toonami to try and bring it back. The problem is, outside of Toonami who would want Megas? It's not going to fit on Nick or Disney. CN basically killed it dead forever.

I wonder if it's possible for them to use the same characters under a different show name/ip, or if the characters themselves are included in the write-off.

Pretty sure it's a no-go there.

zulux21

Or it's the number 0, & they got the rights to Re:Zero.

I'd be happy with either.

re:zero deserves an overpriced collectors edition for me to waste my money on lol.

at least sentai's overpriced collectors editions feel like they are somewhat worth it unlike the funimation ones.

that being said it is likely big O as it seems like crunchy has the rights to re:zero (but it isn't clear)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
or maybe he's scared of his abusive relationship with kagome that if he did anything to her family, he'd get a case of the Sits.

If anyone wants any of the following steam keys let me know, first to quote one per person

2064: Read Only Memories Claimed by Grexeno
AI War: Fleet Command
Day of the Tentacle
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Human Resource Machine
Mini Metro
Mushroom 11
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Bit Blaster XL
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
DEADBOLT
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Pony Island
Refunct
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
LIMBO

Grexeno

If anyone wants any of the following steam keys let me know, first to quote one per person

2064: Read Only Memories
AI War: Fleet Command
Day of the Tentacle
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Human Resource Machine
Mini Metro
Mushroom 11
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Bit Blaster XL
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
DEADBOLT
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Pony Island
Refunct
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
LIMBO
Can I have 2064.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't mind trying 2064 or VA-11, but feels like something I'd prefer on Vita due to playing games like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, & Danganronpa portable.

Plus I'm just not a PC gamer, I always get distracted by YouTube or Neogaf or other internet stuff. But still awesome of you to give away so many games.

I wouldn't mind trying 2064 or VA-11, but feels like something I'd prefer on Vita due to playing games like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, & Danganronpa portable.

Plus I'm just not a PC gamer, I always get distracted by YouTube or Neogaf or other internet stuff. But still awesome of you to give away so many games.

Generally I try to avoid buying humble bundles when I have lots of repeat games in the bundle but the freedom bundle was worth it for it's cause and it's insane value which has only gotten better since day 1. I also derped and ordered the overwhelmingly awesome games bundle twice :X

Regiruler

The tape is a lot less epic here than it was in the transition last episode...

EDIT: Gon literally threw away the opportunity to learn about his mother what the fuck

Now Killua looks like he needs coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom