• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Madness

So who is making Halo |OT25| ? Community is no longer what it was, but makes no sense to continue to discuss series and further games in H5 thread.

wwm0nkey

Someone spoiled a few things for me about HW2.....This has A LOT of implications for Halo 6
(Halo Wars 2 spoilers)

I am excited and after reading the reviews I will buy it (still super pissed I can't get the Physical version on PC and 343 screwed up badly on that one)

Fuchsdh

So who is making Halo |OT25| ? Community is no longer what it was, but makes no sense to continue to discuss series and further games in H5 thread.

I dunno. This is basically the Halo OT now. Not sure who you'd even ask about us being allowed a canonical OT again since we got locked by ModBot. Maybe if no one else has done it come the two year anniversary of us getting destroyed come July I'll start one if no one else has.

(We got closed on 7/7, haha.)

We could always, idk, ask a mod? It has been a while, we all had a pretty strick reminder to keep shit PG-13, I think they'd be cool with it. They'll probably watch us like hawks, but I can't see why not.

And of it comes to the worst, this place is already pretty much the Halo OT.

GreyWind

The HW2 soundtrack style is all orchestra and nothing more. I like it but with HW1 there was more tone and mood and it wasn't as linear as this. I get they want to get the epic battle vibe but it doesn't sound like Halo to me.

Madness

I dunno. This is basically the Halo OT now. Not sure who you'd even ask about us being allowed a canonical OT again since we got locked by ModBot. Maybe if no one else has done it come the two year anniversary of us getting destroyed come July I'll start one if no one else has.

(We got closed on 7/7, haha.)

Maybe ask MHWilliams or one of the newer mods and not necessarily Besada or Ghaleon.

We could always, idk, ask a mod? It has been a while, we all had a pretty strick reminder to keep shit PG-13, I think they'd be cool with it. They'll probably watch us like hawks, but I can't see why not.

And of it comes to the worst, this place is already pretty much the Halo OT.

They said they would evaluate in a year. Thread has been good for longer than that. I would create one without even asking but I think you guys are way better with the graphics and whatnot. Look how good someone made the Halo Wars 2 OT.

Rant incoming

There is a ton of people that have now uploaded the ending of the game, the game movie and the whole game itself one day before the early access, I don't know if they breached their embargo, they are leaking the game etc my point is this is... sorry for the rant this is fucking bullshit! 2 years ago I tried to reach MS or 343i in order to get a review copy of H5 I was ignored (except by Stinkles he is awesome) so I worked on my own to get the game early only for one purpose and that is to do my job with anticipation it was a success and H5 is the #1 game on my YT channel and now with more than the double of subscribers and tons of content created I tried to get a Halo Wars 2 copy again just to work early and guess what? I got nothing but instead people that apparently got what I wanted are uploading the whole damn thing 1 day before everyone else...

This is totally unfair even some channels that are way smaller than mine are doing it I guess that since I'm living in the other side of the border and my Halo channel is on Spanish not English they simply don't care, I should have bought the game on the grey market like I did with Halo 5 but no I decided to follow the rules but it looks like NDA's and all that kind of stuff means nothing, my whole dedication not only to my channel but for this franchise means nothing only because my videos are not on English...

GreyWind

Rant incoming

There is a ton of people that have now uploaded the ending of the game, the game movie and the whole game itself one day before the early access, I don't know if they breached their embargo, they are leaking the game etc my point is this is... sorry for the rant this is fucking bullshit! 2 years ago I tried to reach MS or 343i in order to get a review copy of H5 I was ignored (except by Stinkles he is awesome) so I worked on my own to get the game early only for one purpose and that is to do my job with anticipation it was a success and H5 is the #1 game on my YT channel and now with more than the double of subscribers and tons of content created I tried to get a Halo Wars 2 copy again just to work early and guess what? I got nothing but instead people that apparently got what I wanted are uploading the whole damn thing 1 day before everyone else...

This is totally unfair even some channels that are way smaller than mine are doing it I guess that since I'm living in the other side of the border and my Halo channel is on Spanish not English they simply don't care, I should have bought the game on the grey market like I did with Halo 5 but no I decided to follow the rules but it looks like NDA's and all that kind of stuff means nothing, my whole dedication not only to my channel but for this franchise means nothing only because my videos are not on English...
I think the game is out in Australia and NZ. Don't quote me on that though, I have not looked at the unlock time for those regions.

from what im understanding about halo wars 2
that you dont even go against atriox, but his ship master or something under his command? like halo wars 2 is just a set up to go against atriox...

Rant incoming

This is sad, the Halomexico population is huge.

Madness

I don't know what this means but Synthesis was my least favorite ending in Mass Effect.

BioWare producers and directors were so transparent how they wished this was the ending everyone chose on twitter and made it seem like it was the best choice. EDI, the Geth conflict and the Reaper Star Child explanations etc. I hated it too.

Haruko

BioWare producers and directors were so transparent how they wished this was the ending everyone chose on twitter and made it seem like it was the best choice. EDI, the Geth conflict and the Reaper Star Child explanations etc. I hated it too.

Yeah, I remember this well. They were and still are wrong, lol.

The Geth's noble sacrifice will be remembered. Destroy ending every time.
Maybe Control, for certain Renegade runs

Halo.

Haruko

Dude was spamming "Forge" in chat and I had no idea why, and then they held that quiz question. So much for no delay on Beam....

You have to use a special version of OBS to get the low-latency protocol option for Beam (as a streamer), I know. Otherwise it's more similar to Twitch's delay

They love remaking sound effects whenever they get a chance huh? like, 343 must have a budget set aside just for "Hey new game lets go smash stuff with military vehicles and shoot gunzzz!!"

Like many Valentine's Day products, they were forwarded straight to your mom, sorry.

pUOK87l.gif

Velikost

Why the fuck is Pegasus 2 in ranked playlists? I dipped back into SWAT tonight and I got this shitter two times in a row.

Like the map is whatever, but it fucking chugs and the spawns are awful. Both matches were fought in one corridor of the map, and I'm running in slow motion to get back to the fight. Now that the updates have stopped this game keeps getting worse; REQ system freezes on me all the time (especially when selling), game hangs loading in matches, there are a ton of weird hitches, etc.

343 plz

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Why the fuck is Pegasus 2 in ranked playlists? I dipped back into SWAT tonight and I got this shitter two times in a row.

Like the map is whatever, but it fucking chugs and the spawns are awful. Both matches were fought in one corridor of the map, and I'm running in slow motion to get back to the fight. Now that the updates have stopped this game keeps getting worse; REQ system freezes on me all the time (especially when selling), game hangs loading in matches, there are a ton of weird hitches, etc.

343 plz

Its so much better than it was a few weeks ago when teams literally spaened facing each other at the bottom of the map over and over again

Top Bottom