• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Detective

Why the fuck is Pegasus 2 in ranked playlists? I dipped back into SWAT tonight and I got this shitter two times in a row.

Like the map is whatever, but it fucking chugs and the spawns are awful. Both matches were fought in one corridor of the map, and I'm running in slow motion to get back to the fight. Now that the updates have stopped this game keeps getting worse; REQ system freezes on me all the time (especially when selling), game hangs loading in matches, there are a ton of weird hitches, etc.

343 plz

Me and my friends quits every forge map. No way am playing this garbage.
And its one the reasons we don't play BTB.

Save your self the headache and just dodge it.

Servers are getting worse, And as said before I have no hope it will get fixed. If they could they would have done it months ago.

The game literally stopes now when someone quit, everything freezes and you get killed. Worse then a host based games. Much worse than old COD games. Dedicated servers, yeah right.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
4 day weekend + early access to halo wars 2 + halo world championship qualifier london + wife and kids out of town =

Rural ass internet getting borked again and me bored to tears. The timing of this shit is always the worst.

Me and my friends quits every forge map. No way am playing this garbage.
And its one the reasons we don't play BTB.

Save your self the headache and just dodge it.

Servers are getting worse, And as said before I have no hope it will get fixed. If they could they would have done it months ago.

The game literally stopes now when someone quit, everything freezes and you get killed. Worse then a host based games. Much worse than old COD games. Dedicated servers, yeah right.

I really wish there was an explanation as to why this is suddenly a problem

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
4 day weekend + early access to halo wars 2 + halo world championship qualifier london + wife and kids out of town =

Rural ass internet getting borked again and me bored to tears. The timing of this shit is always the worst.

Nice! My wife is going to be out of town for the World Finals, gonna be gud.

I live in a rural community too and we finally got 25MB download speed. Far cry from what city folk get, lol.

op_ivy

Nice! My wife is going to be out of town for the World Finals, gonna be gud.

I live in a rural community too and we finally got 25MB download speed. Far cry from what city folk get, lol.

Did you read the full post or just rubbing salt in my wounds? Lol

Yeh goldenboy is ok.

Just went nuts in fiesta, 40kills 10 deaths and the rest of my team went negative... end up 75-74 and I got the game saver medal then the winning kill.

Just fiesta but still felt goooood :)

op_ivy

Yeh goldenboy is ok.

Just went nuts in fiesta, 40kills 10 deaths and the rest of my team went negative... end up 75-74 and I got the game saver medal then the winning kill.

Just fiesta but still felt goooood :)

My fiesta experience is usually to spawn over and over again with a boltshot and AR.

op_ivy

Xbox says its connected to my internet, but wont sign into live or even let me sign into my account.

Packet loss = 51%
Down = 1.6 Mbps
Up = 0.73 Mbps

Yay.

Cant even play single player "offline" games. Edit: scratch that, disconnecting the xbox from my internet entirely looks like i can play offline

Fuchsdh

Folks have made a customs gun game. I've played it a few times through the browser.

I remember having fun with the modded version in Halo 4 too, but I was referring to an official mode. Can't find the video, not sure if it got nuked when the guy's channel got hit after the Halo Wars stuff.

Detective

I really wish there was an explanation as to why this is suddenly a problem

There is no explanation, just like there is none for removing the veto system.
A feature which was on previous games and all other games now days. So we have to quit /dodge forge crap or repeated maps over and over.

The freezing problem have been known for months and getting worse, and every time this comes up "starting dedicated servers" I wanna puke becaus the experience is worse then p2p.

Yet, I spend 4-6 hours a day or more playing it. Its just sad for such an amazing and incredible gameplay ruined by these small issues,

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
My fiesta experience is usually to spawn over and over again with a boltshot and AR.

I hate that, especially when I spawn right in front of a guy with a Fuel Rod Cannon.

Yes, servers are so bad lately. Some games are completely unplayable. To the point that I can't even get mad at people quitting mid-game. I still play pretty much everyday.

Karl2177

There is no explanation, just like there is none for removing the veto system.
A feature which was on previous games and all other games now days. So we have to quit /dodge forge crap or repeated maps over and over.

The freezing problem have been known for months and getting worse, and every time this comes up "starting dedicated servers" I wanna puke becaus the experience is worse then p2p.

Yet, I spend 4-6 hours a day or more playing it. Its just sad for such an amazing and incredible gameplay ruined by these small issues,
There actually is a reason for the veto going away. One part of it is variety and the lack thereof with the veto system. The other is a technical reason. In Halo 3 for example, the system starts loading the map when you get the required amount of players. If you veto it deloads the map and loads the other one. Or in Reach, it loads the first map. This is why there's a slightly longer load time if you veto a map or pick the second or third map. Now those were peer to peer and our network architecture has changed since then. Here is some conjecture, as there's no official documentation on it, but it's based on observations from the beta and the retail release. When you match into a game, you are matching into a dedicated server and it is what has to do the main work when loading. If you were to veto from there, it would have to deload and then load up a different map. From what I've gathered there's a LOT that the servers are doing behind the scenes, but we have no idea what it actually is doing (it could be programming inefficiency, data collection, physics calculation, etc.).

Detective

There actually is a reason for the veto going away. One part of it is variety and the lack thereof with the veto system. The other is a technical reason. In Halo 3 for example, the system starts loading the map when you get the required amount of players. If you veto it deloads the map and loads the other one. Or in Reach, it loads the first map. This is why there's a slightly longer load time if you veto a map or pick the second or third map. Now those were peer to peer and our network architecture has changed since then. Here is some conjecture, as there's no official documentation on it, but it's based on observations from the beta and the retail release. When you match into a game, you are matching into a dedicated server and it is what has to do the main work when loading. If you were to veto from there, it would have to deload and then load up a different map. From what I've gathered there's a LOT that the servers are doing behind the scenes, but we have no idea what it actually is doing (it could be programming inefficiency, data collection, physics calculation, etc.).

Giving the players options to choose is better than forcing them to play or dodge a said Map/gametype IMO. As for variety, I can't say it has much.

Appreciate the explanation about the servers,
but when it comes to experience, its the worst. I Don't know what's going on behind the scene, all I know is the game experience is getting worse, Like;

Freezing
Shots doesn't count
Heavy feeling and movement/Slow
lag/latency

All this does change the gameplay in some way, and it varies from game to game.
Like yesterday, we played assault,everything was great and suddenly one player quits and Another one joins and the whole match collapsed, lag and shots doesn't count.

Or another game where we had to press the buttons twice or more for the player to react, really heavy movement,

These problems are not present on other games.

mo60

Planning to play some halo 5 tonight to. I'm not really interested in Halo Wars 2.

The game freezing when someone quits a match is really annoying. I also hate when matches never finish loading for me when I platy either warzone or warzone firefight.

TCKaos

Five times today, Five times in less than one hour.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171057

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171071

Now please, help me understand, Why is this happening?

Why is this not fixed?

Seems to me that you're conflating issues.

Speaking of which, if you fire the shotgun while aiming down the sights you eject two shells from two different locations, but only if you're aiming down the sights.

EDIT: Okay, so the third person shell renders at the same time as the first person one. If you aim downwards you can even see it without using ADS.

Detective

Seems to me that you're conflating issues.

Speaking of which, if you fire the shotgun while aiming down the sights you eject two shells from two different locations, but only if you're aiming down the sights.

EDIT: Okay, so the third person shell renders at the same time as the first person one. If you aim downwards you can even see it without using ADS.

What do you mean by conflating issues?

The game throws me out of the match, 5 times. Is it so hard to understand the issue or what?

Cranster

Banned
So I went into theatre in Halo Wars 2 and that was a huge fucking mistake as the ending scene was somehow unlocked and now I've basically had the ending spoiled.

TCKaos

yYhfBQf.jpg

Poor guy looks all tuckered out from winning so many games.

TCKaos

How would you guys feel about:

6hlW3lh.png

6Sumryj.png

If we don't get a full 8v8, we can just even out the teams and then open up the lobby to the rest of the world.

Top Bottom