• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian

Banned
I wouldn't be against an OA lynch.

If you had been scum with OA, Sorian (and assuming no extra info), who would you have killed last night and the one before?

Star the night she overidded and KK last night. I'm still lost on why Flush was on the table for a NK. It ended up being a great play but I don't recall anything that hinted at him being a PR.

Ty4on

And I also don't think that nin is scum either, unless he is a mafia goon at least, since the mafia ones that have been revealed so far are openly mafia related, because that FA he claimed was a hell of a lot more put together than Bronx's one.
------
Also, can I get a reason as to why you would be okay with lynching me Ty?
This post mainly:
Royal flipped as a doctor did he not? Yes, he had restrictions, but how many people on average get saved by a doctor anyways? The role still exists though and it is a PR aligned with town. And I believe a commuter is more useful than you claim. But do I think we should lynch you? Not yet at least, but as I said I'm skeptical of your claims.
That last line especially. It looks like you're trying to throw suspicion at Sorian and not that you're worried that he could be scum.

Sorian

Banned
If I'm being completely honest Sorian, I am worried by you/Natiko/Ty being still alive. Because out of every game of mafia I've played there has always been an effort to remove high volume posters (especially ones that are well trusted by town) because of their efforts in "solving."

I mean why was Royal killed a couple days back? He was undoubtedly considered more worrying than Natiko ever was and talked a whole lot less and did way less "solving."

And I don't believe that it is because they're hoping that we'll lynch them for them since they hold a larger amount of sway than some of the less frequent posters along with the fact that they are still trusted..

I'm well aware and thats a point in your favor. The only way a loud scum can stay alive is leaving other loud people alive to blend in with which would be Ty. That only excuses the night where Royal died though (kind of since Star was still a better kill then any of me/Ty/Natiko) because KK was better last night. And I'm aware you don't really believe me but I wasn't on the table for a NK on N2.

Ty4on

Star the night she overidded and KK last night. I'm still lost on why Flush was on the table for a NK. It ended up being a great play but I don't recall anything that hinted at him being a PR.

That he didn't claim an FA I think. For flipped PRs we see claiming the FA would basically be like claiming.

Sorian

Banned
That he didn't claim an FA I think. For flipped PRs we see claiming the FA would basically be like claiming.

Why gamble like that though? KK hadn't claimed either and we see that means nothing. Unless scum lucked out on someone who can override with no reprecussions then Star just sitting there is worse than a PR roaming around unverified at night.

Ty4on

I'm well aware and thats a point in your favor. The only way a loud scum can stay alive is leaving other loud people alive to blend in with which would be Ty. That only excuses the night where Royal died though (kind of since Star was still a better kill then any of me/Ty/Natiko) because KK was better last night. And I'm aware you don't really believe me but I wasn't on the table for a NK on N2.

Could be fear of doctor/tracker too. Natiko is a more obvious doc target than Splinter.

nin1000

Banned
Why were you seemingly so interested in giving Bronx chances to try and come up with some BS

Plain and simple?
I wanted to hear him out. Even though I was very sure he was scum I wanted to give him a chance to clear things up.

yet you jumped down Stanley's throat?

Tbf I called him out since his way of playing just bothered me. It seemed to be the easy way of playing scum. Playing from the sidelines like Bronx did. Called him out aswell. Don't forget that.

nin1000

Banned
uh, nin

unless im re-reading things incorrectly here (and im a tad hungover so that is very possible) you voted before anyone pointed out why his claim was a lie,
are you telling us that you saw that it was bs but just chose not to mention it?

Yep. But no one would believe me so, there's that.

Ty4on

Why gamble like that though? KK hadn't claimed either and we see that means nothing. Unless scum lucked out on someone who can override with no reprecussions then Star just sitting there is worse than a PR roaming around unverified at night.

O.O

*blinks*

I have no idea why.

No, but seriously, things don't always go as planned. The weirdest thing is that Flush was quite scum read, but they could've wanted to mix things up. I remember a scum member wanting to lynch a scum read person to mess with town.

Ty4on

It could be scum PR related, but I'm not sure what they could have which could out a doctor when their FA cop was dead.

Natiko

Banned
I can't really get a grasp on what logic was used for the NKs. In most games I've been in they follow a general theme but if that's the case this time I'm really missing what the connections are.

Sorian

Banned
Could be fear of doctor/tracker too. Natiko is a more obvious doc target than Splinter.

What does Splinter have to do with things? N1 was fine, that's always more shooting in the dark and hoping you get something good.

O.O

*blinks*

I have no idea why.

No, but seriously, things don't always go as planned. The weirdest thing is that Flush was quite scum read, but they could've wanted to mix things up. I remember a scum member wanting to lynch a scum read person to mess with town.

I don't know what that link is supposed to be going to. I'm not logged into outer gafia apparently and everytime I try, it lets me log in but following that link logs me back out.

Natiko

Banned
Plain and simple?
I wanted to hear him out. Even though I was very sure he was scum I wanted to give him a chance to clear things up.

Tbf I called him out since his way of playing just bothered me. It seemed to be the easy way of playing scum. Playing from the sidelines like Bronx did. Called him out aswell. Don't forget that.
It's the difference in tone that bothers me too. You went light on Bronx, but went hard against Stanley. Do you think Stanley is scum? Or that he was more likely to flip scum than Bronx? If not, why the difference in approach?

I called OA out for this same thing in my reads. You two apparently noticing Bronx's contradiction and not saying anything is a really bad look.

Ty4on

What does Splinter have to do with things? N1 was fine, that's always more shooting in the dark and hoping you get something good.

I don't know what that link is supposed to be going to. I'm not logged into outer gafia apparently and everytime I try, it lets me log in but following that link logs me back out.
Splinter was a loud voice and an NK target, but probably not as clear of a doctor target as Natiko. Basically just trying to answer why they didn't continue killing town read people.

That link is me and Blarg arguing who we're going to kill in Overwatch.

nin1000

Banned
It's the difference in tone that bothers me too. You went light on Bronx, but went hard against Stanley. Do you think Stanley is scum? Or that he was more likely to flip scum than Bronx? If not, why the difference in approach?

Since I was pretty sure that Bronx was getting lynched anyway, I went easy for him in order to get more information out of him.
He did a good job for scum since he went silent.

I called OA out for this same thing in my reads. You two apparently noticing Bronx's contradiction and not saying anything is a really bad look.

Yes, I agree it was an error but I have to live with it for now :/

Sorian

Banned
Splinter was a loud voice and an NK target, but probably not as clear of a doctor target as Natiko. Basically just trying to answer why they didn't continue killing town read people.

That link is me and Blarg arguing who we're going to kill in Overwatch.

Right but the Splinter kill isn't really odd. You only need two loud voices for proper cover. If it comes down to a 3 person lylo then either the quiet one ends up with an almost impossible choice or the two loud ones gang up on the meek on.

Sorian

Banned
Has nin claimed his role or FA? I don't recall anything and I'm not in the mood to dig through the thread at the moment.

Ty4on

Right but the Splinter kill isn't really odd. You only need two loud voices for proper cover. If it comes down to a 3 person lylo then either the quiet one ends up with an almost impossible choice or the two loud ones gang up on the meek on.

No, that's the point.

And I'm obviously trying to solve this knowing that I'm not scum :p

Well mafia has just as much reason to be skeptical as I do, since you could literally be anything under the sun. I'm never going to 100% believe it until I see it flip. I'm skeptical of a lot of things in this game and I don't see why being skeptical of your role is a bad thing.

This post mainly:

That last line especially. It looks like you're trying to throw suspicion at Sorian and not that you're worried that he could be scum.
If you need me to throw suspicion on Sorian's completely unverifiable claim then I don't know what to tell you. He isn't the first person on my list, but he never was someone who was 100% town confirmed in my eyes because I know he can play this game well.

Indeed, which is why I did such as so obviously. Because I knew it would get me scum points... wait. And I already said I wanted to see if someone else on the scum team would make such a mistake. Give me one good reason why I would ever say such a thing if I'm scum, I mean to notice it as scum, pray nobody else sees something I did, and not say that I did until after someone else does... just why. Why not just point it out and get some townie cred?

Hell, things weren't going Bronx's before KK fully caught out his slip so he'd be prime bus potential.

Problem with that is that could be said for KK, Stan, Natiko, (and Bronx lol)

Natiko

Banned
Indeed, which is why I did such as so obviously. Because I knew it would get me scum points... wait. And I already said I wanted to see if someone else on the scum team would make such a mistake. Give me one good reason why I would ever say such a thing if I'm scum, I mean to notice it as scum, pray nobody else sees something I did, and not say that I did until after someone else does... just why. Why not just point it out and get some townie cred?

Hell, things weren't going Bronx's before KK fully caught out his slip so he'd be prime bus potential.
So your argument is that you can't be scum because you sat on information that would lead to lynching scum?

Sorian

Banned
Well mafia has just as much reason to be skeptical as I do, since you could literally be anything under the sun. I'm never going to 100% believe it until I see it flip. I'm skeptical of a lot of things in this game and I don't see why being skeptical of your role is a bad thing.

If you need me to throw suspicion on Sorian's completely unverifiable claim then I don't know what to tell you. He isn't the first person on my list, but he never was someone who was 100% town confirmed in my eyes because I know he can play this game well.

Problem with that is that could be said for KK, Stan, Natiko, (and Bronx lol)

I didn't say being skeptical of me is bad, that's fine. I'm pointing out that whether you believe me or not, the fact of the matter is that ever since I started claiming, scum could never go out of their way to kill and why bother when I am good mislynch bait anyway.

So your argument is that you can't be scum because you sat on information that would lead to lynching scum?

No the argument is why would he tell you he sat on the info? Ty and I both claim that we missed it so it wasn't exactly a rare feat to not notice.

You read that entire post and that's what you got from that?

Again, give me one good reason why I would ever say such a thing if I'm scum, Also (again), why not just point it out and get some townie cred?
I didn't say being skeptical of me is bad, that's fine. I'm pointing out that whether you believe me or not, the fact of the matter is that ever since I started claiming, scum could never go out of their way to kill and why bother when I am good mislynch bait anyway.

No the argument is why would he tell you he sat on the info? Ty and I both claim that we missed it so it wasn't exactly a rare feat to not notice.
I mean that's all fine and makes sense if you're town and I'll applaud it if you are! Also, I wouldn't exactly call you mislynch bait with where you rank on so many people's town list (along with the fact that you have a remarkable knack for not getting lynched), which is largely where my concern comes from.

But either way, I'm done with this for the time being since I feel we're tread familiar repeatedly.

FluxWaveZ

More posts than I would have expected in this relatively short period.

I was wondering why kingkitty would be the night kill this time, but this explains it:
lol Straight spooked at Kingkitty being locked town. Even more so than Star who should be even more confirmed but I can't find myself surprised when KK is better at solving (no offense Star).
Guess it was between StarSketch and kingkitty, as semi-confirmed townies.

...Right.

As for scum kill patterns, the only one that really sticks out is Royal_Flush, right? Could they have some kind of tracker? Sounds like a weird scum role, though, so I dunno.

No one claimed that they got their FA removed by Karkador in the previous day phase. I have to think either it's that the second person who got theirs cleared was scum who have nothing to gain by talking about it, or Karkador was role blocked, as someone proposed earlier.

Gonna go through what's being said recently more carefully. It sounds like Bronx's slip-up caused someone else to slip up in the confusion when voting for him.

Natiko

Banned
You read that entire post and that's what you got from that?

Again, give me one good reason why I would ever say such a thing if I'm scum, Also (again), why not just point it out and get some townie cred?
Give me one good reason why Bronx would openly make a contradicting claim? Mistakes happen. For Bronx to make that mistake it already shows scum either were not fully in agreement on what he should say or he did it without any preparation. It wouldn't surprise me at all if upon having his mistake pointed out other scum would overreact. "Ah yes, I totally saw his mistake too! Just didn't say anything cause reasons". I doubt scum are as apt to just come out and say they didn't notice or overlooked details since it may make them look like they aren't paying enough attention which from my past experience they generally aren't.

You and nin both I just don't buy your reasoning on why you would notice it and say nothing. Nin claims no one would believe him which seems incredibly unlikely as it's a verifiable inconsistency. You claim you said nothing hoping to get more people to slip up and make the same mistake. Yet in the only post you made in that timeframe you continued to push for more info on FAs which is not even what Bronx slipped up on. If what you're claiming is true you would've been pushing for name/role claims.

Ty4on

I don't quite grasp what happened.

What did you do when you noticed it and why didn't you point out out right away?

Sorian

Banned
More posts than I would have expected in this relatively short period.

I was wondering why kingkitty would be the night kill this time, but this explains it:

Guess it was between StarSketch and kingkitty, as semi-confirmed townies.

...Right.

As for scum kill patterns, the only one that really sticks out is Royal_Flush, right? Could they have some kind of tracker? Sounds like a weird scum role, though, so I dunno.

No one claimed that they got their FA removed by Karkador in the previous day phase. I have to think either it's that the second person who got theirs cleared was scum who have nothing to gain by talking about it, or Karkador was role blocked, as someone proposed earlier.

Gonna go through what's being said recently more carefully. It sounds like Bronx's slip-up caused someone else to slip up in the confusion when voting for him.

Or option 3 that Royal was Kark's second target. At this point I'm not sure it matters. I'd be surprised if we even have another role that is capable of being roleblocked so even deducing a scum role blocker and who they are is no more helpful than just finding scum in general.

Natiko

Banned
Things are really stagnant so far. I shared a lot of my thoughts at day end last time and nothing much has changed since then except nin looking even more suspect. If anyone has strong feelings they should get them out while we still have time to discuss. For that matter feel free to go back and respond to any sections of my reads. We just need some more discussion so things don't slip away from us.

Give me one good reason why Bronx would openly make a contradicting claim? Mistakes happen. For Bronx to make that mistake it already shows scum either were not fully in agreement on what he should say or he did it without any preparation. It wouldn't surprise me at all if upon having his mistake pointed out other scum would overreact. "Ah yes, I totally saw his mistake too! Just didn't say anything cause reasons". I doubt scum are as apt to just come out and say they didn't notice or overlooked details since it may make them look like they aren't paying enough attention which from my past experience they generally aren't.

You and nin both I just don't buy your reasoning on why you would notice it and say nothing. Nin claims no one would believe him which seems incredibly unlikely as it's a verifiable inconsistency. You claim you said nothing hoping to get more people to slip up and make the same mistake. Yet in the only post you made in that timeframe you continued to push for more info on FAs which is not even what Bronx slipped up on. If what you're claiming is true you would've been pushing for name/role claims.
First off on the bolded, they sure as hell wouldn't, like no, not at all, ever. I've been only scum once and there was absolutely no way me or any of my teammates would have ever claimed to have noticed something wrong with a claim we'd made after the fact. Why? Because it is as dumb as hell and proclaiming ignorance never fails. Bussing would be far more forefront in people's mind especially for someone that had 3 votes before KK had pointed it out. Bronx was doing a fantastic job lynching himself and was a sinking ship already.

And why wouldn't they say "I didn't notice" because you can fall into two categories 1) the people who noticed or 2) the people who didn't, where most people in this game reside. It would be so much more likely for scum to blend in with the rest of town who didn't notice instead of striking out on this alone.

Also, not only I would do it, but nin would double down? And yes, I believe that nin's nobody would believe me claim is awful.

And I did continue to push the same way because Bronx made a full claim and I hoped other scum would do the same thing without me even saying anything that could mean that I caught on. Also, it's a lot harder to try and catch people out when everybody hadn't even posted after that point.
I don't quite grasp what happened.

What did you do when you noticed it and why didn't you point out out right away?
See above, also
vote: Ty4on
for someone who's been keeping close track on votes,to miss your self-proclaimed timeframe is more than slightly supect imo.

Ty4on

Why didn't you answer my question? I don't get why you didn't say right away so could you go through your thought process?

Ty4on

You're just explaining why that doesn't make you scum. That's not what I'm asking for. I'll try to figure that out myself.

I want you to go through what logic (if any, it's fine if there wasn't much) was behind your actions. You've touched upon wanting other scum to out themselves, but that's all I got and doesn't quite explain the inaction towards Bronx.

Why didn't you answer my question? I don't get why you didn't say right away so could you go through your thought process?
I already said I wanted to see if others noticed/anybody else slipped, and the only way that could happen is if everyone posted at least once post slip.

Now why have you missed your voting period?
------
One thing about Nin, why would he notice what Bronx did and try to hide it if he voted him anyways? Also, looking back I'm also surprised that not many, if anybody, at least asked for clarification on what "turboing" meant with all of the mistrust about FAs flying about.

nin1000 (1)
natiko 1940

ty4on (1)
oceanicair 1986

An up to date vote count can be found here.

Majority is 5

Day Ends:
bla_1487624400.png

Sorian

Banned
I already said I wanted to see if others noticed/anybody else slipped, and the only way that could happen is if everyone posted at least once post slip.

------
One thing about Nin, why would he notice what Bronx did and try to hide it if he voted him anyways? Also, looking back I'm also surprised that not many, if anybody, at least asked for clarification on what "turboing" meant with all of the mistrust about FAs flying about.

Why would we need clarification on turboing? It's an extremely common phrase for mafia. To be fair, I feel like the FA would have been written with the word "hammer" instead of "turbo" But that's a little meta gamey even for me and trying to read Crimson's style too much.

Also I'm on this vote

VOTE: nin1000

I'm fine discussing today but I don't think I'll be swayed from what I think is the sure thing on nin to the more foggy waters of Ty and OA.

------

Actually, I'm completely and utterly messed up on days, whoops!

{highlight]unvote
i'll get to you ty in a sec.

Why would we need clarification on turboing? It's an extremely common phrase for mafia. To be fair, I feel like the FA would have been written with the word "hammer" instead of "turbo" But that's a little meta gamey even for me and trying to read Crimson's style too much.

Also I'm on this vote

VOTE: nin1000

I'm fine discussing today but I don't think I'll be swayed from what I think is the sure thing on nin to the more foggy waters of Ty and OA.
Nin already claimed he can't be the first or last person on a lynch, so that includes hammering.

and bah,
unvote

Sorian

Banned
Nin already claimed he can't be the first or last person on a lynch, so that includes hammering.

and bah,
unvote

And? People have had similar FAs and two even had the same one effectively but were opposite alignments. So the issue wasn't the FA, aside from Bronx being scummy in general, the actual nail in the coffin was the name claim he did.

nin1000

Banned
Again, will be home in a couple of hours and will post my thoughts.
Since a lot of people are keen to lynch me, if you are town and want to win this game please await my further posts and an open mind.
I mean made some mistakes in my way of playing but none that would scream "mafia".
I am mainly talking about you natiko since i doubt that sorian will change his mind.

If you are not mafia sorian then you are one stubborn player.

Natiko

Banned
OA, the crux of your defense about this is that it's too scummy to be scum. I personally don't buy into those arguments much because they always feel weak. Your justification just doesn't fit with your post at the time either. If you were hoping to see other's reactions to Bronx and whether they noticed then you should have been pushing for reactions to Bronx, not FA claims.

I'm willing to listen nin, but it's going to have to be convincing. I still have you as my top scum currently, it's you > OA > Flux/Ty. Everyone else is a town read now, Stanley bumped up with Bronx's flip.

Sorian

Banned
Again, will be home in a couple of hours and will post my thoughts.
Since a lot of people are keen to lynch me, if you are town and want to win this game please await my further posts and an open mind.
I mean made some mistakes in my way of playing but none that would scream "mafia".
I am mainly talking about you natiko since i doubt that sorian will change his mind.

If you are not mafia sorian then you are one stubborn player.

I'll gladly unvote you if people actually push it into hammering territory so you can talk but I'm making it clear that I don't see you leaving today barring some amazing revelation.

Natiko

Banned
Out of curiosity, of those without votes down who would you vote right now if you weren't taking other people's votes into consideration?

Also there's something ironic about OA throwing shade at Ty over not voting when OA has only had one vote down at day end and it was to prove a point.

And? People have had similar FAs and two even had the same one effectively but were opposite alignments. So the issue wasn't the FA, aside from Bronx being scummy in general, the actual nail in the coffin was the name claim he did.
Bronx not being able to kill Terra and Blarg not being able to vote for Terra are different enough when you are on opposite teams. Besides, we know that now doesn't excuse yesterday for people to not even bring it up.
OA, the crux of your defense about this is that it's too scummy to be scum. I personally don't buy into those arguments much because they always feel weak. Your justification just doesn't fit with your post at the time either. If you were hoping to see other's reactions to Bronx and whether they noticed then you should have been pushing for reactions to Bronx, not FA claims.

I'm willing to listen nin, but it's going to have to be convincing. I still have you as my top scum currently, it's you > OA > Flux/Ty. Everyone else is a town read now, Stanley bumped up with Bronx's flip.
It's not even too scummy to be scum, it's that this doesn't seem like a stance that scum would take.
Null

Royal_Flush – I still don't have a great feeling about Royal. Despite his posts being lengthier it feels like they generally don't take many stances and just discuss a current topic without leaving much of an impression. The thing that has made me hesitant is his steadfastness in continuing to say Terra's suicide was the better play. This doesn't seem like a stance scum would take. Null.

Natiko

Banned
It's not even too scummy to be scum, it's that this doesn't seem like a stance that scum would take.

The difference being Royal was continuing to stick with his viewpoint. It was a topic that was covered before and after Terra's suicide by him and even in the face of pressure he continued to believe suicide was the right call. Your post was a single sentence after the fact when no prior post had hinted at your observation. If you really think that's the same thing though then so be it, but I would disagree. His was a stance with follow through, yours was an after the fact "me too".

Top Bottom