• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
because it's a crappy card.
It's at Uncommon though, and with what I'm imagining will be in the set (Flickerwisp fits right into the "UW Blink Strategy") going Turn 3 Wisp into Turn 4 this targetting Wisp is 2 Blinks(Wisp x2) stapled to a Draw 3 Discard 1 and a 3/1 Flier. That's not that bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Death's Shadow would be an oddly timely reprint if they did it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Terminate

right after they printed a card that replaces Terminate

C5uHAz5U0AA35PJ.png

Very strange that he's refusing to show the artwork....

No, it's totally normal; no one's ever seen it because Richard specifically asked no one to photograph or share it online. The guy has the chain of ownership back to the original vouching for legitimacy, which is ultimately all that's important.

Most Jund and Grixis decks still play some number of terminates. You gotta kill those Primeval Titans, Wurmcoils and Eldrazi somehow.
That's why Answer players play Esper: Path+Push+Anguished Unmaking, all with the best draw in the format.

The joke is that Esper has the worst creatures, because no sane player is going to run anything but Snapcaster And maybe Tasigur.Add this to the lack of ways to hit face and you've got a mess

Wulfric

Wait again. The print run for MM is unlimited now?

This definitely not the case. In fact there's literally tons of product still on TCGPlayer for $40 less than retail price.

We just have confirmation of 6 bomb ass rares, plus Snappy.

Loving that Terminate, btw. Might have to spring on a Japanese box for the fetches. Mmm... Japanese fetches.

ElyrionX

This definitely not the case. In fact there's literally tons of product still on TCGPlayer for $40 less than retail price.

Umm so you're saying there's lots of supply of MM17 at below retail right now? Doesn't this corroborate the rumour that the print run is unlimited rather than invalidate it?

Angry Grimace

not cool enough for anyone to have posted

mYJRJEi.jpg

Not sure how Koth couldn't get a reprint but this sad sack did

OnPoint

not cool enough for anyone to have posted

http://i.imgur.com/mYJRJEi.jpg/IMG]

Not sure how Koth couldn't get a reprint but this sad sack did[/QUOTE]

It's just such a tone-deaf reprint. I'd love if they snuck him in with plans to somehow make him super playable in Modern and we just haven't seen how yet in one of the upcoming Standard sets, but I don't think they have the gumption or wherewithal to do that.

Angry Grimace

I guess that's different because they used the art from the original printing and not the one they used in Eternal Masters...

I like the new art for Molten Rain.

We already knew about Domri because he's on the packaging.

Yep. Nobody posted it though, so I figured I'd do my duty.

Tunoku

I'm on mobile, so I can't post easily all the new previews right now, so here's one of em:

img_1140jukk8.jpg

There's also Terminate, Thragtusk, and Primal Command.

Tunoku

I <3 Ranger of Eos. My first Standard deck was RW Bushwhacker and the Ranger was just gas in that deck. This doesn't change my expectations when it comes to Snapcaster.

Jhriad

Umm so you're saying there's lots of supply of MM17 at below retail right now? Doesn't this corroborate the rumour that the print run is unlimited rather than invalidate it?

It's a limited print run product. Chatter floating about is that the print run for this set is significantly larger than the previous Masters sets. If the print run is larger, and the product is going directly to stores, rather than a massive chunk being diverted for use in the Vegas weekend Grand Prix like previous years, it would follow that stores would end up with the potential for more product than they could move locally. In addition to the cheaper boxes, another benefit is that a larger percentage of singles from the set are likely to circulate among players initially as you won't have all the GP Vegas vendors soaking up tons of supply with their buylists. A big reason why Tarmogoyf's price stuck so high is that vendors at the GP acted as a stabilizing agent, artificially maintaining high buylists prices to keep it from falling below a certain threshold. It was one of the bigger talking points among the MTG Finance crowd break then.

ironmang

If I didn't think Mox Opal was legitimately on the fence for bannings I'd pick up Lantern Control to mess around with. It's so much better suited to handle the artifact hate than affinity.

Santiako

Venser and Ranger of Eos were getting expensive for how little they're played. Great reprints.

And since no one posted the Thragtusk pic:

Ps0I1FR.png

From what I've heard this guy terrorised standard with Restoration Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom