• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't they ever reprint Through the Breach? $40 red splashy card. Seems like a shoo-in for "red mythic."

So far this is definitely the weirdest omission. All the artifacts just showed up as Inventions which I can imagine might contribute to them getting left out of the set, Grove and Canopy inevitably lost out once they decided to include fetchlands, but there's no reason at all to specifically leave this out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's 1 more Mythic also, which is multicolored or colorless.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why aren't they spoiling more today? Are they really going to leave 120 cards for the full spoiler tomorrow?

No, its that WOTC gives a lot of these spoilers to retailers who spoil them at times of the day where they think they're going to get more exposure to their site.

kirblar

Olivia's the final Mythic

C58KkhJU4AAPHQ-.png:large

Angry Grimace

I think I just lost some brain cells; I actually just read someone seriously suggest that the reason Gaby Spartz hasn't been on commentary for GPs is because she's having an affair with LSV and is pregnant with his love child and this is supported by the fact that LSV has also been "mysteriously" missing from commentary.

(The actual answer is she's getting a divorce from her husband who owns the company she works for, which is like a serious situation, and that LSV has a five month old newborn at home)

(and no this doesn't mean you have a shot with her)

I think I just lost some brain cells; I actually just read someone seriously suggest that the reason Gaby Spartz hasn't been on commentary for GPs is because she's having an affair with LSV and is pregnant with his love child and this is supported by the fact that LSV has also been "mysteriously" missing from commentary.

(The actual answer is she's getting a divorce from her husband who owns the company she works for, which is like a serious situation, and that LSV has a five month old newborn at home)

I thought LSV was the one getting a divorce. It's weird how streaming gives you intimate details about someone but you really still know very little about what's going on.

Angry Grimace

I thought LSV was the one getting a divorce. It's weird how streaming gives you intimate details about someone but you really still know very little about what's going on.

Nope. LSV just had a daughter like 5 months ago, which is why he stopped playing in PTs.

Tunoku

With all these spoilers I felt inspired today and played some Modern. Went 3-1 and lost against Lantern of all decks. Game 1 he's at 2. I have a Lavamancer. He draws a Pithing Needle. Game 2 he has: Spellskite, Ensnaring Bridge and Leyline. He's at 3. :(

Anyway, I tried out Boros burn over Naya and cutting Nacatls and Atarka's Command felt pretty good. I still wanna play another deck long term tho, but it's nice to have the deck around.

Angry Grimace

I know that but he joined the coverage team a couple months into Naya's life and was regularly streaming as well. On LR it was once said he's going through rough times.

Because of the torrid affair with Gaby Spartz?

I'm guessing its because he has a newborn, which is hard times.

y2dvd

SO you're saying there's a...

Oh ok. :(

In all seriousness, tough situation they are going through. I'm still getting over my break up about 6 months ago, and we've only dated for a year. Kinda weird we know such intimate details about their lives though.

Angry Grimace

SO you're saying there's a...

Oh ok. :(

In all seriousness, tough situation they are going through. I'm still getting over my break up about 6 months ago, and we've only dated for a year. Kinda weird we know such intimate details about their lives though.

"Getting a divorce" is a pretty sparse detail. We don't know anything else about it, nor is it any of our business.

ultron87

But I can't use it for poor man commander right?

Is Poor Man Commander a specific format that has deckbuilding restrictions beyond normal Commander? I'm not familiar with that.

In regular Commander, the other Emrakul, The Aeon's Torn, is banned, but that one, The Promised End, is still okay.

ultron87

Oh gotcha, then yeah that Mythic Rare probably won't work out. Haha.

You're probably on the right track looking at Shadows over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon then. Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the Gatewatch, and Rise of the Eldrazi have more Eldrazi you can probably use as well.

Santiako

In poor man you commander cant be above uncommon

And you can only have commons for everything else. No duplicates beside land

Ah that's usually called Pauper Commander.

So what are the restrictions on your Commander, since there aren't any Legendary uncommons? It can just be any creature?

There are quite a few of legendary uncommons, but in pauper commander any uncommon creature can be your commander.

traveler

Not Wario
Some notable cards we could still get:

Kitchen Finks
Cursecatcher
Cryptic Command
Lord of Atlantis
Spell Snare
Living End
Noble Hierarch
Doubling Season
Knight of the Reliquary
Crucible of Worlds/Chalice of the Void

bigkrev

There will be at least a few things good tomorrow- they still have Friday preview articles, and they usually like to save a few cool things for the full spoiler

Santiako

Some notable cards we could still get:

Kitchen Finks
Cursecatcher
Cryptic Command
Lord of Atlantis
Spell Snare
Living End
Noble Hierarch
Doubling Season
Knight of the Reliquary
Crucible of Worlds/Chalice of the Void

Scapeshift and Through the Breach are still possible too.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm totally fine with what we have already. Anything else is just gravy. I think the rare slot is pretty stacked too. Would honestly rather see the uncommons there- Finks and Cursecatcher- get a reprint over the rares.

f0rk

Going off topic from modern masters, does anyone think Paul Cheon is actually a good streamer? He gets mad at chat way too easily, and not in a funny way. I'm never convinced he's playing that well. His attempts at cRaZzzyy reactions are pretty transparent. Pretty slim pickings on twitch though

Like if anyone's watching right now, he's getting really upset by the chat lol

traveler

Not Wario
I don't like Cheon streams because his volume is inconsistent. I usually have streams on while doing something else and he just blows up out of nowhere and scares the shit out of me.

CalebD is my favorite streamer

Tunoku

I enjoy his streams. At least he's more down to earth than most streamers I see in the video game community and he's willing to play a bunch of different stuff these days. Watching Kenji's streams makes me fall asleep sometimes. And Paul has cute kids.

Santiako

So... Bloodbraid Elf? Shardless Agent?

Sure. Crypt Rats is probably the strongest commander there, and Ascended Lawmage, Garruk's Packleader, Mistmeadow Witch, Blaze Commando, Gelectrode are other really strong ones. The format is fun but the games go on forever since everything is so underpowered.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Going off topic from modern masters, does anyone think Paul Cheon is actually a good streamer? He gets mad at chat way too easily, and not in a funny way. I'm never convinced he's playing that well. His attempts at cRaZzzyy reactions are pretty transparent. Pretty slim pickings on twitch though

Like if anyone's watching right now, he's getting really upset by the chat lol

Funny. I just closed his stream a couple of minutes ago and decided that I don't really like him all that much as a streamer (though I love when he's on broadcasts for GPs, etc.) The thing I want most from a streamer is clear explanation of why they're doing what they're doing (Kibler's Hearthstone stream is great for this) and I found that Cheon skips through things, and gives the briefest answers when chat asks why he took a certain line (and sounds annoyed at the interruption most of the time.) I watch streams because I want to learn about the game, and I don't get a lot of that from Cheon's stream.

bigkrev

Doubling Season makes way more sense at Mythic than the other cards they bumped up- it's expensive, "splashy", and would absolutely be printed at Mythic if it was first printed in a Mythic era set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom