• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's a movie licensed game that was published by Atari (who barely exist at this point). I imagine the license expired.

And there's a bunch of characters who are modeled after actual people. Xzibit isn't what he used to be, but that's still another thing that might need to get sorted out, depending on the original contacts. It's a mess, is the point.

Persona7

Banned
I own the GOG version lol..I keep meaning to replay it but I haven't got around to installing it. I think I have it on Dreamcast as well.

gabbo

I own the GOG version lol..I keep meaning to replay it but I haven't got around to installing it. I think I have it on Dreamcast as well.
I found the maps a little confusing from time to time, like in areas with mutiple goals. I found the sign posting somewhat lacking, or possibly over my head. And occasionally I hated the camera. Mechanically it was alright. And the setting definitely still holds.

Turok 2 is out. I didn't know it had online, did it have online on the pc version back then? Anyone getting it?

932dad0aef406eb86604be77c6e466504eaab5535b65d9e31352c41c8440500a_196.jpg

https://www.gog.com/news/release_turok_2_seeds_of_evil

Danny Dudekisser

Man, it's been almost a full month of shit releases at this point. GOG's kinda beyond the concept of droughts. It's just... GOG being GOG.

New GOG Galaxy update 1.2 is nice adding cloud support among other features. Hopefully now more people use it. Looking forward to future improvements for it.

ShadowOwl

Damn, I have spent so much money at GOG the past weeks, it's pretty crazy (Turok 2, Momodora, Freedom Planet, Darksiders 2, Metro series and The Saboteur - to name just a few titles). And I'm still waiting for that latest 1.03 patch for Nexus - The Jupiter Incident - it's been several months since the update was released on Steam. -_- Come on THQ Nordic!

Galaxy 1.2 beta update is great as it takes some of those very convenient Steam features which cause people to stick to Valve's platform. It really needs key rebinding for the overlay, screenshots and such but I guess that is just a question of time. Also, disabling achievements is now possible as of the 1.2.1 update. \o/

Which games support the overlay? Didn't find any info on that yet.

gabbo

Are the Delta Force games new to GOG?
Theyre on sale and getting black hawk down is making me want to pull the trigger.

Damn, I have spent so much money at GOG the past weeks, it's pretty crazy (Turok 2, Momodora, Freedom Planet, Darksiders 2, Metro series and The Saboteur - to name just a few titles). And I'm still waiting for that latest 1.03 patch for Nexus - The Jupiter Incident - it's been several months since the update was released on Steam. -_- Come on THQ Nordic!

Galaxy 1.2 beta update is great as it takes some of those very convenient Steam features which cause people to stick to Valve's platform. It really needs key rebinding for the overlay, screenshots and such but I guess that is just a question of time. Also, disabling achievements is now possible as of the 1.2.1 update. \o/

Which games support the overlay? Didn't find any info on that yet.

Gwent has the overlay, I'll see what else.

Are the Delta Force games new to GOG?
Theyre on sale and getting black hawk down is making me want to pull the trigger.
I believe they are new. Never played them.

gabbo

Gwent has the overlay, I'll see what else.

I believe they are new. Never played them.

Nice. Delta Force is kinda like a precursor to the original Ghost Recon. Tactics and stealth to get targets or try to survive an all our gun fight - with open-ended level/Mission design (and voxels!) The AI isn't the brightest, but still, being able to wander around and do things your way is really fun. It's one of the first tactical shooters,dropped around the same time the original Rainbow Six did. Still have my hard copy around somewhere.

DF:Black Hawk Down was the first proper 3D version to be fun. Linear by comparison, and cashing in on the film, but still fun.

I tried to play SiN Gold on my computer and I don't know if it was me or if it was the game but the game was very jittery as hell. Very weird.

I could be talked into reinstalling it and jiggering with options.

gabbo

I tried to play SiN Gold on my computer and I don't know if it was me or if it was the game but the game was very jittery as hell. Very weird.

I could be talked into reinstalling it and jiggering with options.

The game was notoriously buggy at launch, and even when it was fully patched there were still issues. Worth it to see where shooters were going in the HalfLife period, but still trying to be 'bro' about things

MrFortyFive

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition is up for pre-order and 30% off if you own the original.

It's worth noting:

Note: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

So if you want just the original version, now's the time to buy it.

Danny Dudekisser

Well, Cosmic Star Heroine is coming to GOG, but not today, because *surprise* communication issues. I've never seen a store have so many problems just talking to people.

draetenth

Well, Cosmic Star Heroine is coming to GOG, but not today, because *surprise* communication issues. I've never seen a store have so many problems just talking to people.

Really? Glad it's coming and willing to double dip. Does this mean the other Zeboyd Games are coming/could come too?

Linkark07

Banned
Saints Row 4 and Gat out of Hell were released on GOG. On top of that, Saints Row 2 is free and SR3, SR4 and Gat out of Hell are in GoG Connect.

mclem

Also, looks like GoG have done another promo through Facebook - if you get to their FB page, you should find a prompt for a code for a free copy of Fantasy General.

Top Bottom