• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Ydelnae

Huh?! That's one of the things, that made it one of my favorite boss fights in the game. Even after three playthroughs I haven't gotten tired of it.

I'm trying to pick up things while also fighting the minor enemies and when he's talking you can't use X. It was making me crazy during my first encounter. The next ones wasn't as infuriating since I didn't have to actually use X and I could let him talk.

Melchiah

I'm trying to pick up things while also fighting the minor enemies and when he's talking you can't use X. It was making me crazy during my first encounter. The next ones wasn't as infuriating since I didn't have to actually use X and I could let him talk.

You don't have to kill the skeletons though, and you can always come back to pick up things.

Ydelnae

I always hated how many posters shoehorned the Soulsborne games into every thread here in GAF and the random "Does anyone want a Final Fantasy/Zelda/Animal Crossing/Random IP with Soulsborne gameplay?" threads. I'm standing right now in front of what I assume will be the final boss. I've put 40 hours into the game in a single week, no game has ever made me sit through playing that much time in such a short period of time in years.

I've seen the light.

I always hated how many posters shoehorned the Soulsborne games into every thread here in GAF and the random "Does anyone want a Final Fantasy/Zelda/Animal Crossing/Random IP with Soulsborne gameplay?" threads. I'm standing right now in front of what I assume will be the final boss. I've put 40 hours into the game in a single week, no game has ever made me sit through playing that much time in such a short period of time in years.

I've seen the light.
Praise the sun moon.

Melchiah

I've seen the light.

You're one of us now.

Hesemonni

Banned
I just got lucky or Darkbeast Paarl is one of the easier bosses? I managed to down him on one go. Before that I had my ass whooped couple of times by a lone brainsucker in the beginning of Byrgenwerth...That got so infuriating I had to go explore somewhere else --> Paarl.

Ydelnae

I just got lucky or Darkbeast Paarl is one of the easier bosses? I managed to down him on one go. Before that I had my ass whooped couple of times by a lone brainsucker in the beginning of Byrgenwerth...That got so infuriating I had to go explore somewhere else --> Paarl.

Yeah, it was the easiest one for me. Cleric Beast, Paarl and (late game spoilers)
the Nurse
were incredibly easy. I just finished the last one and I kept expecting her to transform into something crazy to bump the difficulty.

I'm going all in on The Old Hunters now. Tried it earlier and got my ass handled to me by the giant enemies. I don't like how they just reused areas from the main game, though. I hope the rest of the expansion is not like that.

h0tp0ck3t

Oh man I did it. I seriously shaking right now. Defiled Amygdala dead.
Loaded fire gems on Ludwig Holyblade and baited him into jump attacks.
Now the real nightmare begins right? lol

The only boss that never hit me. I just attacked him and he fell down, stood up, attacked him and he fell down again.

Weird.

I fought him in Unseen Village, though, so I was pretty high-level.

Ydelnae

*tries the Ludwig boss battle again, for the 6th time, hoping that he will let me at least attack him once*

*dies in 5s*

cfa320f26ec0343fa60e23b70ec09058.gif

h0tp0ck3t

Fucking hell could this shotel throw BE any more bullshit?

Edit: FUCKING A Kiss my ass Descendant! You like that Lead Elixir HMS L2 spam?

Did Bloodstarved Beast and Paal last night. Man BSB was so hard this time. First time I played I got through it fairly painless. This time using blood vile to distract it, and fire infused whip did more damage but it felt way more fierce than last time lol.

Paal was yeah, never hit me. This time I fought it in the first moon phase before it turns to night and was even easier than fighting it in the last phase and high level like last time lol. Such a cool monster but gosh its weak. Even the summon NPC for it was stunning it some how.

Just got Mercy blade and its a bit hard to use compared to the whip that I got used to. Determined to go for a SKL/BT build though. Need a good gun though!

Will probably put this on the side though when the last Dark Souls 3 DLC drops. Was going to move on to it once I beat this but forgot the dlc was coming too. Wanna do it all in one go as well :p

The real darkbeast paarl is in the later chalice dungeons. This is one of the hardest bosses in my opinion.

I've seen the light.

Welcome Home dear hunter.

Never got the last dialogue in the two DLC runs. What are the conditions for it, and entering the area?

Basically accept you want to unveil misteries on the cathedral, beat ludwing ,meet him on the lecture hall, raise the ladders in the lecture hall and go talk to him Simon will mention he will move forward , you can force the lecture hall dialogue by beating the living failures, go to the dream and go back to talk with him.

Others Souls game are more grindy than BB due requiring farming materials, getting all boss weapons, all spells, all covenant max ranks, all infusion +10 and all covenant spells which requires going sometimes to NG+++ .

BB grindy part is just the Chalices

Hesemonni

Banned
Rom down. Was surprisingly fun fight. Patiently nabbing those spiders one by one finally being able to ham on Rom's ass.

Also, Amygdala was disappointingly easy. Especially considering how intimidating the his level was in the beginning.

Now on to unseen Village!

Melchiah

Basically accept you want to unveil misteries on the cathedral, beat ludwing ,meet him on the lecture hall, raise the ladders in the lecture hall and go talk to him Simon will mention he will move forward , you can force the lecture hall dialogue by beating the living failures, go to the dream and go back to talk with him.

Hmm, I recall doing those, but I don't recall his last dialogue. It could be, that my memory is just playing tricks with me.

h0tp0ck3t

Haha! That familiar feel Pthumerian Descendant gave to me as well.

I literally sat there stunned for like 5 seconds then started shouting I DID IT! lmao

Hardest part done. Congrats.

You already finished the game, like the rest of the chalice bosses are not so hard

This makes me hopeful. Descendant made me rage so hard but now I just have Headless Bloodletting beast and Queen Yharnam and I hear Yharnam is cake

I literally sat there stunned for like 5 seconds then started shouting I DID IT! lmao

This makes me hopeful. Descendant made me rage so hard but now I just have Headless Bloodletting beast and Queen Yharnam and I hear Yharnam is cake

She is, but you might die a few times, as she does have attacks that punish those expecting another Pinwheel/Prowling Magus/Witch of Hemwick.

h0tp0ck3t

Oooh that's smart. I never used Lead Elixir because there are like 3 in the entire game.

How does it work? Same as Iron Flesh in Souls games?

You can only walk (but can still dodge and quickstep) basically your actions can't be interrupted so towards the end of the fight I popped the lead elixir, walked up to him and knocked him down with the L2 attack and just kept doing that and if he got a combo on me spammed blood vials then went back to slamming him down lol

Ydelnae

Wtf, I don't know how I did it but I killed
Lady Maria
during my first encounter with her and I usually die at least 7 times against bosses lol

Goldboy

Wtf, I don't know how I did it but I killed
Lady Maria
during my first encounter with her and I usually die at least 7 times against bosses lol

Lol pretty much my experience with her as well; I killed her super easily by spamming the gun parry repeatedly. She's a great boss but would definitely benefit by being a bit harder. Although I guess the difficulty can vary from person-to-person.

Hesemonni

Banned
Holy fucking shit the brainsuckers are infuriating to fight against. I'm exploring the Upper Cathedral Ward and I've already lost some 10 insight to these assholes.

...On another note, does insight have a function in the game?

h0tp0ck3t

Holy fucking shit the brainsuckers are infuriating to fight against. I'm exploring the Upper Cathedral Ward and I've already lost some 10 insight to these assholes.

the more you have the lower your frenzy resist is. some enemies get new attacks if its over 15 i think.

Over 40 you can see the
Lesser Amygdala before the Bloodmoon

Ydelnae

It might be that I didn't do it in NG+, but the The Old Hunters expansion has been incredibly easy for me. Ludwig and the giant enemies have been the only ones that gave me a headache.

It has also been pretty short, 6 hours for me (I still have to do the final boss). I expected something a bit more substantial, but with this being my first Soulsborne game, maybe it's the norm for every DLC to have this amount of content.

I will try to finish the game tonight. I'm actually excited to play another From game soon, or maybe I'll go with Ni-Oh.

I legit cried during the interior sections of the Upper Cathedral Ward. All my echoes, all my insight, all my patience, gone and sucked over and over again for hours.

Insight are for coop, making the enemies stronger, buy gear and materials on the dream vendor or to see the invisible enemies at the start of the game

cj_iwakura

2H the Ludwig Sword and decapitate with ease. Have at least one Sedative on hand to cure Frenzy and you should be fine. Frenzy also does less damage with lower insight.

I use the blue elixir on that part of the Upper Cathedral Ward. I really can't be bothered with multiple brainsuckers.

You can take out one of them through the wall from the other side of the locked door where the warewolf breaks through, it helps a bit.

h0tp0ck3t

grrr I get BLB down to 25% health with 0 effort and then I just keep fucking up

Edit: Derp nevermind down he goes. 3 for 3 on the boss whining

Edit2:

Success! What a ride it's been, definitely one of my proudest platinum trophies

Ydelnae

The DLC final boss has made me quit the game for a few days. I don't know why I complained about The Old Hunters being piss easy for me, my complaints ended up biting me in the ass.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i hated them but there were considerably easier on my second playthrough. i would just run right at them before they could attack and use my cleaver on them. my stamina would let me get just enough hits in to kill them without backing off.

as for insight, it does matter how much you have but nothing too important i'd say. this explains what happens http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Insight

Yesterday I killed the
Cleric Beast
(yes, I just started the game). Was surprised how easy it was, since I always usually get mauled by those two fucking werewolves near there.

At first the game irritated the hell out of me, but once it started to click, it was really nice...

(completed Demons Souls before, and made it to
Ornstein/Smough
in Dark Souls)

The DLC final boss has made me quit the game for a few days. I don't know why I complained about The Old Hunters being piss easy for me, my complaints ended up biting me in the ass.

Larry or Orphan?

Yesterday I killed the
Cleric Beast
(yes, I just started the game). Was surprised how easy it was, since I always usually get mauled by those two fucking werewolves near there.

At first the game irritated the hell out of me, but once it started to click, it was really nice...

(completed Demons Souls before, and made it to
Ornstein/Smough
in Dark Souls)

Thats not the first boss....

Wollan

Updating Bloodborne right now. Horizon has been Platinumed so need a replacement drug.

I never played the DLC after struggling initially (started it straight after hitting New Game+ ...). Yet to give the Ludwig sword any attention though but I hear it's the best weapon in the game so I will try to upgrade it and have another go. I was using the electrical ball thingy for 2/3rds of the game which was very effective but not as satisfying as a sharp weapon in any of the Souls games.

cj_iwakura

Is Dark Souls 3 going to be unplayable now that I'm in the aggressive BB mentality? I'm waiting for the GotY version with the DLC. (I still haven't played the DkS2 DLC...)

Top Bottom