• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the power of Stoneforge Mystic is that it's a tutor (because it gets something out of your library) and card advantage (because you get the equipment but keep the creature) and a free spell (because you can play the equipment without paying its cost.) It's the three most developmentally problematic mechanics all in one package.

Stoneforge Mystic is a Steelshaper's gift (which sees literally no play), stapled to a Squire body(the only Squire I can think that sees play is Thraben Inspector, and that's mostly because Clue+Crewing+Toolcraft Exemplar wanting him to exist), with an ability that on average lets you turn 2 colorless into 1 White+ Flash (Of the equipment in Modern, more then 75% of it is =<3 CMC, with the big exceptions being BSkull and the "X of Kadra " trio). I'm not sure that any of this is as busted as Wizards thinks for Modern.

If they're fine with a format full of 1 Mana 7/7s, and 2 Mana 8/9s plus a wide cavalcade of other "strong" cards(Reanimator gaining more tools from Aether Revolt, SSG still running around, etc), I don't see why a 1/2+at best a 4/4 Vigilance/Lifelink(You're not going to run more then one BSkull, it's simply not right so we can assume that other Mystics would be grabbing Swords) for 4 Mana is somehow going to break Modern

Wulfric

Yikes at those GP results. My lgs is a fairly big one. They normally get more standard players than modern, but for the past several weeks, everyone shifted to playing modern. Now with MM17 released, I don't even think standard is gonna fire anymore at FNM.

Yup, just this weekend alone I saw 4 Tarmogoyfs and two dozen fetchlands opened. I suspect modern will see another bump in popularity thanks to how accessible the staples are now. A dull standard is gonna drive people to other formats as well.

Question time: In an unknown modern meta (GP side event) would you play mono-red burn or Naya burn? I'm comfortable playing both.

Yup, RW Burn with Naya splash in the side. Boros Charm is too good to go Mono Red, but Revelry in the board is just amazing. Plus, with the number of Fatties that have sprung up I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to answer them without Path in some form.

bigkrev

Alternatively, modern is great right now and the last time they unmanned something it went horribly wrong, so maybe they shouldn't u ban Anything and just leave the format alone?

Tunoku

Can highly recommend Boros Burn with Revelry in the board. I love Inspiring Vantage. What I'm running right now:

4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
1 Grim Lavamancer

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
4 Boros Charm
4 Lightning Helix
4 Searing Blaze
3 Skullcrack

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Arid Mesa
2 Scalding Tarn
3 Inspiring Vantage
2 Sacred Foundry
1 Stomping Ground
2 Mountain

Sideboard:
2 Kor Firewalker
3 Path to Exile
2 Exquisite Firecraft
1 Skullcrack
4 Destructive Revelry
2 Deflecting Palm
1 Grafdigger's Cage

https://deckstats.net/deck-12670699-a5c8955f17229b14e6867f58694a247d.html

Just make sure to scoop once you see a Collective Brutality!

Alternatively, modern is great right now and the last time they unmanned something it went horribly wrong, so maybe they shouldn't u ban Anything and just leave the format alone?
The last time they unbanned something was ancestral vision and Sword of the Meek. Both of which have not set the world on fire.

They unbanned GGT in 2015 and it was a fine unbanning until Kaladesh. That's exactly the approach they should take.

bigkrev

Flores has put forward the idea of swapping the main deck Searing Blazes with Deflecting Palm in a heavy Deaths Shadow meta

Tunoku

That sounds like a good metagame call, and while I don't play a ton of Modern here, I don't think that many people are playing DS Jund at my store.

Of the 6 Unbans in Modern I can think of:

Ancestral Visions and Sword of the Meek have been good but haven't made much of an impact(Visions needing 4 turns to fire is an issue is everything but Control, while Sword has done literally nothing worth note.

Grave-Troll caused Problems, but that's mostly because Wizards pushed both Graveyard cards(See Neonate+Amalgam, with sometime's Haunted Dead being the core of New Dredge) and
Red "Discard then Draw", meaning that Dredge got access to a card that basically read "Dredge 18" regularly.

Bitter-Blossom and Wild Nacatl had no right being on the banlist and have wildly been relegated to 1/2 decks each(Tokens and Fae, Naya Burn and Zoo)

Valakut is a problem card, but it's not dominating or warping the format in any way. All Valakut Strategies are generally tier 2.

So that's a 1/6 failure rate for an unban, which happened less because of GGT(He was off the banlist for a year and a half before Dredge became a thing again) and more because a perfect storm of Dredge enablers were printed that made you have to have a mass remover(Scooze, which is good enough for 60% of Graveyard decks, couldn't do shit all against Dredge because of Speed and Conflagrate existing)

Equipment, by the nature of Affinity existing, will never be as far from hate reach as mass Graveyard removal. Everyone keeps their affinity hate at the ready, and every artifact hate card also works against B-Skull. Hell, we've got a 1 card answer to both Mystic and B-Skull in the form of Kolaghan's Command.

y2dvd

Yeah I had a Naya Burn deck going. Why RW? Less shocking yourself for the green source?

I like the idea of mb Deflecting Palm.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you are running 4 Charms and 3-4 Helixes I can see main deck Palm being good in a Shadow heavy meta, since any time you leave up RW they cant know if its merely to EoT a Charm or Helix or if its a Palm ready to blow you out for attacking. Terrible against Ad Nauseum though.

Yeah I had a Naya Burn deck going. Why RW? Less shocking yourself for the green source?

IIRC you only played main deck green with wild nacatl and it has fallen out of favour in this meta, might be too slow and vulnerable to fatal push or something of the sort. With less creatures in the main atarka's command loses much of its value. Green for the sideboard then gives you access to revelry and atarka's command, if you want more skullcracks, again.

Stoneforge Mystic is a Steelshaper's gift (which sees literally no play), stapled to a Squire body(the only Squire I can think that sees play is Thraben Inspector, and that's mostly because Clue+Crewing+Toolcraft Exemplar wanting him to exist), with an ability that on average lets you turn 2 colorless into 1 White+ Flash (Of the equipment in Modern, more then 75% of it is =<3 CMC, with the big exceptions being BSkull and the "X of Kadra " trio). I'm not sure that any of this is as busted as Wizards thinks for Modern.

A lot of absurd cards can sound bad if you break them down like this. Deathrite Shaman is just a guy who has to tap to cast three spells you'd never play in a deck.

Yup, just this weekend alone I saw 4 Tarmogoyfs and two dozen fetchlands opened. I suspect modern will see another bump in popularity thanks to how accessible the staples are now. A dull standard is gonna drive people to other formats as well.

This is why the perennial idea that WotC wants to kill Modern is so moronic. Formats like this exist specifically to keep people invested, because they can switch to playing Modern when Standard sucks instead of quit the game entirely.

I don't agree with your description of GGT (it was a reasonable unban choice that then became overpowered with cards printed later) but yeah I don't think they need to make any changes at the moment.

Joe Molotov

Most Burn decks run 12 fetches, tho. Either Arid Mesa or Scalding Tarn in addition to Bloodstained Mire and Wooded Foothill. I've never tested it, but 8 fetches with 4 Inspiring Vantages should be workable. Your Searing Blazing just won't be as good, and you won't be able to get your green source as consistently.

You could also say that it's Demonic Tutor plus Black Lotus that comes with a body. These kinds of comparisons don't really sell your point.

A lot of absurd cards can sound bad if you break them down like this. Deathrite Shaman is just a guy who has to tap to cast three spells you'd never play in a deck.
I don't think Deathrite Shaman and Mystic are even comparable, considering how both work.

Shaman is a Manadork that is widely considered to be the best Mana Dork ever printed in fetch heavy formats. The card isn't dead even in the late game because of the second/third ability it has, unlike cards like Hierarch/Birds where they're just more Mana.

Mystic is the same body as Deathrite that gets progressively worse in Modern, because you're not going to run enough equipment that you'll always want to get your 3rd and 4th Mystic. In that case, it's a 2 Mana Squire with Upside.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232370812]You could also say that it's Demonic Tutor plus Black Lotus that comes with a body. These kinds of comparisons don't really sell your point.[/QUOTE]
Except it's not Demonic Tutor, because Tutor is any card. Like, I'm sorry, but that analogy is literally the dumbest I've heard. I'm not sure how this idea that tutoring up an Equipment(of which there is exactly three that see play in Modern, and only one of those in any deck that is above Tier 2) is somehow comparable to tutoring any card.

I'm saying this to both of you right now:

Mystic is, and I can't believe I'm having to state this: a 2 Mana 1/2 Creature whose strength is defined by the equipment available within the format. In a format like Modern, which is both A) primarily creature dominated, meaning that cards that can kill a Mystic before it even gets to activate are plentiful B)Has 2 top tier decks that rely on Artifacts, meaning cards like Stoney Silence and Ancient Grudge are common sideboard card C) Has the best equipment either cost the exact cost as Mystic's ability or be a result of Wizards pushing a card much like Copter AND D) has several Tier 1/2 decks that laugh at a 4/4 Vigilance Lifelink that takes up 2 turns to get. Tron will just Nuke it, Eldrazi will Thought-Knot the Batterskull, Ad Nasaeum will combo off in spite of it, Merfolk will walk all over it, Jund/Abzan will destroy it, etc.

There's literally no evidence to suggest Mystic will warp Modern to the same extent as Dredge/Eldrazi/Twin/Pod/Delver did. If you're going to point towards Zendiscars Standard, Stoneforge Mystic had no appearances in any decks with Jace from Worldwake's release to the end of 2010, with every copy appearing in some White Weenie Variant* Furthermore, from 31-DEC-2010 to 31-MAR-2011, Caw-Blade/Decks with both Jace and Mystic comprised of 178/697 of decks. While that's 25% of the meta during that period(and is totally wonky), it's nothing as bad as the 450/956 Caw-Blade got later on. Given that Mystic was in 89/893 Decks from the data on MTGTop8 from Worldwake to End of 2010, and Jace's presence in 348 Decks during the same period, I think it's safe to say who the actual offender was. Since everyone in the this thread agrees that Jace deserves his rightful spot on the banlist, then why does Mystic need to stay when Jace is the clear problem?

*MTGTop8

bigkrev

Appologies on the GGT banning comment- I thought that was unbanned with Sword and Visions.

If you are running 4 Charms and 3-4 Helixes I can see main deck Palm being good in a Shadow heavy meta, since any time you leave up RW they cant know if its merely to EoT a Charm or Helix or if its a Palm ready to blow you out for attacking. Terrible against Ad Nauseum though.

Palm at least makes them show you a Pact of Negation in response to the Lightning Storm against Ad Nauseum! When you compare it to Searing Blaze, a litteral dead card against the deck, it seems better!

Inspiring Vantage is the main reason that RW is becoming the the default over Naya. Nacatl has poor synergy with Inspiring Vantage, as it gets no buffs from it

Jhriad

That would be very confusing. This way you can scooch out the small spell out of the graveyard stacked cards to always see it.

You can fix that with a slight modification of the existing frame. Basically, have a slightly offset 'Graveyard' Card name line below the existing card name. Indent it away from the edge of the frame and make it a different color or have a way of highlighting it show that it's different from the front side card of the DFC and to indicate that it's specific to the graveyard. For instance, you could use the headstone symbol they used for a short while during Odyssey block or whatever. This way you could arrange your graveyard the way most people do now, so you can see the top of the card frame with the title information, and
  • It wouldn't create a confusing, entirely new split frame
  • The space available for text on either "side" of the split/dfc card is expanded.
  • It doesn't limit the space for artwork thus limiting the readability and complexity of the art
  • Players don't have to arrange their graveyard in such a way that potentially obscures the top half of the frame. This means that cards that interact with cards in your yard, Snapcaster, GDD, etc. become more cumbersome for the end user.

I just don't understand why they would do a frame for the purpose of giving opponents free information? Why would you ever have a consequence card sticking out of your graveyard in actual play
Fucking Mirrodin for life!
Except I have no interest revisiting it again. I like returning once and then be done with it.

Proto Alegre stream really is amateur hour.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I just don't understand why they would do a frame for the purpose of giving opponents free information? Why would you ever have a consequence card sticking out of your graveyard in actual play

Except I have no interest revisiting it again. I like returning once and then be done with it.

Proto Alegre stream really is amateur hour.

We need to go back to help Koth, you heartless bastard.

Santiako

You can fix that with a slight modification of the existing frame. Basically, have a slightly offset 'Graveyard' Card name line below the existing card name. Indent it away from the edge of the frame and make it a different color or have a way of highlighting it show that it's different from the front side card of the DFC and to indicate that it's specific to the graveyard. For instance, you could use the headstone symbol they used for a short while during Odyssey block or whatever. This way you could arrange your graveyard the way most people do now, so you can see the top of the card frame with the title information, and
  • It wouldn't create a confusing, entirely new split frame
  • The space available for text on either "side" of the split/dfc card is expanded.
  • It doesn't limit the space for artwork thus limiting the readability and complexity of the art
  • Players don't have to arrange their graveyard in such a way that potentially obscures the top half of the frame. This means that cards that interact with cards in your yard, Snapcaster, GDD, etc. become more cumbersome for the end user.

But having it as a DFC would cause people to have to unsleeve to read the other side without having it available there. It's a worse solution, the leaked card is ugly but much more functional than a DFC.

Jhriad

But having it as a DFC would cause people to have to unsleeve to read the other side without having it available there. It's a worse solution, the leaked card is ugly but much more functional than a DFC.

If the choice is

1. A card that plainly shows that it is a Consequence card simply by glancing at the top of the card frame in a typical graveyard with the downside of having to read the card a couple times before you know what it does.
    or
  2. A card that regardless of how you arrange it in your yard will likely obscure some information from your opponent.

I'll happily take #1. Especially when it has the added benefits that I pointed out before.

Joe Molotov

If the choice is

1. A card that plainly shows that it is a Consequence card simply by glancing at the top of the card frame in a typical graveyard with the downside of having to read the card a couple times before you know what it does.
    or
  2. A card that regardless of how you arrange it in your yard will likely obscure some information from your opponent.

I'll happily take #1. Especially when it has the added benefits that I pointed out before.

It seems really clunky either way, but I guess we'll see.

Tower spikes a GP. Gotta commend Silva's build it heavily targeted Mardu. Completely with an almost creatureless mainboard to board into a sort of energy value deck, a focus on exile counterspells, multiple incendiary flows, even horribly awry.

I just don't get why they didn't go with a slight modification on the already existing split card layout. Have the left side be your normal spell and make a custom frame for the right side. When placed into the graveyard you can turn it horizontally so that the card's normal name shows as usual in your graveyard stack and the graveyard-spell sticks out to the right.

Jhriad

I just don't get why they didn't go with a slight modification on the already existing split card layout. Have the left side be your normal spell and make a custom frame for the right side. When placed into the graveyard you can turn it horizontally so that the card's normal name shows as usual in your graveyard stack and the graveyard-spell sticks out to the right.

I'd be okay with this as well. You could see the originally castable card in a normal graveyard stack as well as the graveyard only card. Basically an updated version of:

af175_callofoneelephant.jpg

to make the right side more clearly "Graveyard only." You can picture normal cards stacked on top of the 'One Elephant' side while the Herd side sticks out and draws the eye to the Consequence side.

EDIT: Both card names are clearly visible in the graveyard and the only downside is the awkward bit of turning your card sideways to make sure the Consequence side sticks out.

I'd be okay with this as well. You could see the originally castable card in a normal graveyard stack as well as the graveyard only card. Basically an updated version of:

af175_callofoneelephant.jpg

to make the right side more clearly "Graveyard only."

Exactly that. I was just about to do a mock-up myself. Put some fancy new frame on the right half and we have a solution that looks a lot better than what we currently have imo.

Brewing a Genesis Wave, Nissa Vastwood Seer, Paradox Engine Deck for EDH right now. Not being willing to buy Cradle is gonna hurt.

There's so many decks in my head, I'm not even done with Kynaios and Tiro yet and I'm already thinking about Ayli, Meren, Atraxa and Nissa.

Tunoku

IIRC you only played main deck green with wild nacatl and it has fallen out of favour in this meta, might be too slow and vulnerable to fatal push or something of the sort. With less creatures in the main atarka's command loses much of its value. Green for the sideboard then gives you access to revelry and atarka's command, if you want more skullcracks, again.

The damage from shocking yourself shouldn't be underestimated. Being able to just fetch a basic after you've found your first white source is huge. But yeah, Nacatl is bad. Not just because it dies to push, but because it gets easily overshadowed by bigger threats.

Repgnar

So i'm looking to get into Magic. Sent a message to a FLGS here and they said Thursday would be best to swing by and learn a bit since that's their casual night and they have 'magic specialists' there that night. Been watching some draft videos (mostly because I find them enjoyable) and will be downloading Magic Duels to get the basics prior to Thursday. I guess the idea is to get the hang of it prior to the next pre-release. The have casual night here on Thursday and on FNM they change the event week to week. Looking forward to it as I've mostly just watched streams and followed it from a far but with some more free time with how work is going I think it's a good time to jump in.

I don't think Deathrite Shaman and Mystic are even comparable, considering how both work.

Yes, one is a super efficient grindy resource engine and the other is a big hit of free value over a short window. :p

I'm not actually super invested in the idea that you can't unban SFM, it's certainly in the extended list of cards that are worth talking about and considering every once in a while. But a lot of the time in these discussions about unbanning we see people taking their personal favorite candidate and talking about it with an outlandishly insufficient idea of what makes the card good. There might be an argument for unbanning it here, but "actually it's not an insanely good card that produces huge and excessive advantage" isn't it.

You can fix that with a slight modification of the existing frame.
[/LIST]

I agree this would work, but it necessitates actually getting to use DFCs for the set, which seems like it's a high bar given the apparent logistical difficulties and expenses associated with it.

I just don't get why they didn't go with a slight modification on the already existing split card layout.

Because it's basically impossible to design a frame with the standard split card layout that conveys that one spell can only be cast from your hand and the other only from your graveyard. Using a brand-new layout makes it easier to remember because this layout doesn't mean anything else yet.

Santiako

So i'm looking to get into Magic. Sent a message to a FLGS here and they said Thursday would be best to swing by and learn a bit since that's their casual night and they have 'magic specialists' there that night. Been watching some draft videos (mostly because I find them enjoyable) and will be downloading Magic Duels to get the basics prior to Thursday. I guess the idea is to get the hang of it prior to the next pre-release. The have casual night here on Thursday and on FNM they change the event week to week. Looking forward to it as I've mostly just watched streams and followed it from a far but with some more free time with how work is going I think it's a good time to jump in.

Welcome to the fold! Once you start learning the ropes don't hesitate to ask here if you have any doubts, we are a welcoming bunch.

Oh man need about 4 cuts. Not sure if I am split too much between paradox engine and genesis wave and if I should do an either or.
//Lands
1 Blighted Woodland
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
1 Homeward Path
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Scrying Sheets
21 Snow-Covered Forest
1 Strip Mine
1 Terrain Generator
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Winding Canyons
1 Yavimaya Hollow

//Artifacts
1 Akroma's Memorial
1 Caged Sun
1 Doubling Cube
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Extraplanar Lens
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Paradox Engine
1 Sol Ring
1 Vedalken Orrery

//Enchantments
1 Concordant Crossroads
1 Cryptolith Rite
1 Exploration
1 Gaea's Touch
1 Mana Reflection
1 Sylvan Library
1 Vernal Bloom
1 Zendikar Resurgent

//Instants
1 Beast Within
1 Chord of Calling
1 Krosan Grip

//Sorceries
1 All Is Dust
1 Animist's Awakening
1 Boundless Realms
1 Genesis Wave
1 Glimpse of Nature
1 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Harmonize
1 Natural Order
1 Nissa's Pilgrimage
1 Praetor's Counsel
1 Skyshroud Claim
1 The Great Aurora
1 Tooth and Nail

//Planeswalkers
1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Karn Liberated
1 Nissa, Worldwaker
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Creatures
1 Acidic Slime
1 Arbor Elf
1 Avenger of Zendikar
1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
1 Birds of Paradise
1 Boreal Druid
1 Courser of Kruphix
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Elvish Mystic
1 Eternal Witness
1 Fierce Empath
1 Fyndhorn Elves
1 Greenwarden of Murasa
1 Hornet Queen
1 Joraga Treespeaker
1 Llanowar Elves
1 Lotus Cobra
1 Magus of the Library
1 Omnath, Locus of Mana
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Regal Behemoth
1 Regal Force
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Soul of the Harvest
1 Terastodon
1 Tireless Tracker
1 Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
1 Woodfall Primus
1 Woodland Bellower
1 Yisan, the Wanderer Bard

//Sideboard
SB: 1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer #!Commander

This Cracked article about a supposed MTG counterfeiter is pretty entertaining and mostly plausible. This one was a howler though:

If a tournament believes a card is fake, they're supposed to rip it apart on the spot.

Also good was this one, from the comments:

Out of curiosity, I wonder if some of you could verify a claim for me. First off, I'm not a M:TG player.

Many years ago, when I was talking to some friends of mine about this game, they mentioned the fabled "Black Lotus" card and its relative scarcity of it. They told me it was because when the company first started selling booster packs, they apparently didn't have a randomizing system in place for the cards, each booster pack would have a standard set of cards within, based on what the top card was. In addition, due to this lack of randomizing, just about all of the boosters that had a Black Lotus ended up in our city--Knoxville, Tennessee--which made the card extremely rare anywhere else. Even the store owner agreed with this assessment.

So were they pulling my leg or did that actually happen?

I am sick of Eldrazi Tron and the deck's only been a thing for 4 months. It's the worst part of Eldrazi with the worst parts of Tron, with a few added "Fuck yous" thrown in the form of Chalice. Turn 4 "All is Dust" is so disgusting when they're staring you down with a Smasher and a Reshaper. It defies all logic of "Oh, why should I play colors in my Midrange deck" because why would you when you've got "colorless" removal such as Dismember.

Yes, one is a super efficient grindy resource engine and the other is a big hit of free value over a short window. :p

I'm not actually super invested in the idea that you can't unban SFM, it's certainly in the extended list of cards that are worth talking about and considering every once in a while. But a lot of the time in these discussions about unbanning we see people taking their personal favorite candidate and talking about it with an outlandishly insufficient idea of what makes the card good. There might be an argument for unbanning it here, but "actually it's not an insanely good card that produces huge and excessive advantage" isn't it.

I know Mystic is good, but the reasons to use it in Legacy aren't there in Modern. There's a lot more targetted removal in Modern vs Legacy, Jitte doesn't exist(And it should never, ever be unbanned). As I said, Mystic is defined by the strength of Equipment that sees play in the format, of which in Modern there are 3 of actual note: Batterskull, Cranial Plating, and Sword of the Meek. None of these(Except Skull) are strong by themselves.

. I would not be advocating for its release from purgatory if Wizards themselves hadn't teased the idea in 2015/2016 and if White wasn't "Sideboard and Path": The Color. You give White Mystic and there's a chance, however small, that you can help create midrange Mardu/Bant shells. I'd even be willing to trade Mystic for Batterskull for a period because I honestly think she's in the Bitterblossom/Ancestral Visions/Sword of the Meek portion of the list, where she's kept on there for mostly fear purposes from prior formats

She's not Jace, Hypergenesis, Bloodbraid, Deathrite Shaman, or anything else left on the ban list where she'd either buff a strong deck to absurdity or actively hurts future design the way Pod was(Equipment gets maybe 5 cards a set vs the 100+ creatures).

Exactly that. I was just about to do a mock-up myself. Put some fancy new frame on the right half and we have a solution that looks a lot better than what we currently have imo.

I personally never liked the split cards, and the formatting they used for them either. I hate the weird sideways orientation on them. I'd like something like the old flip cards if they're going to push this kind of mechanic. I think you could differentiate them by keeping both sides, or both cards oriented upright, and adjusting the frame or something on the graveyard part of the card.

GraveFrame.jpg

I did this little mock up of what I'd rather see these cards look like. The current design is really weird and too over thought it seems. I feel like it just creates more confusion than it solves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom