• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Rellik

Unless Origin have patched the hole that's been there since day 0, a free VPN to the US will let you play, and you don't even have to leave the VPN on.

Origin doesn't even open on my PC anymore no matter what so I have to wait for it to be delivered to me for the PS4 in the UK. US digital was too much.

So stupid in 2017.

GHOOOST RYYYDERS IIIINNNN THE SKYYYY

5B2fjsB.gif

Gosh I love this game's combat.

The first three are one of my favourite series of all time. Excited to see how this one is after the trial. Can't wait to play more! Great job on the OT.

That's a really awesome OT, nice one OP!

I'm really looking forward to this game, I'm quite pleased with what I've played so far, it's a really fun game!

How did this title outdo "My ambitionz as a Ryder" ?

That would be an an epic OT title, it would be cool to see it considered for the next OT.

I want to love this, but after the trial I am i indifferent.

I hope it comes through well, reviews may sway me to a day one purchase.

Otherwise it will be wait for a sale.

Fantastic OT. Love the title.

Thanks for not making it some memey bullshit.

Real excited based on my ten hour trial. Yup, there's some jank, but the mechanics seem very sound. Good reward loops for exploration, good vehicle, good combat. More than enough to keep me entertained.

Patryn

We can play tomorrow on PC via Asian VPN , correct ?

Correct. EA has also indicated that they will take no action against people who do so, but they will not provide support if stuff goes wrong.

Are people still getting this after the buggy disaster experience of the trial? *scratches head*

I only personally experienced one bug in the trial, which was resolved by a quick reload.

Really curious to read impressions in this thread as time goes on. I have wayyy to much to play through but I hope the game ends up being good. Could use a dose of awesome sci fi.

Meowster

I'm excited to play still despite everything from this past week. We finished our playthrough of Mass Effect 1 and 2 to get in the spirit and looks like I may have enough time to power through Mass Effect 3 in the meantime. Just discovered a whole lot of awesome mods for it.

Are people still getting this after the buggy disaster experience of the trial? *scratches head*

Yeah, turns out it's not actually a disaster when you're playing the game! Bioware's recent marketing videos have been so terrible, but fortunately the actual game does not suffer too much from that. When you get down to it, it really is a new Mass Effect that is great fun to play and explore.

Yup. Didn't have a single bug in my entire ten hour trial. I saw the backwards gun thing, obviously, but that's it.

I'm really excited to play it. I doubt it'll be bug free for the whole 60 or whatever hours, but that's every open world game.

Nodnol

Nice OT.

I've enjoyed what I've played so far on EA Access, and can't wait to jump in with no restrictions.

It feels like Mass Effect, which was my biggest worry prior to playing it. There's a few references to the history of the franchise, but the best homage I've come across is the nod to Shepard's weird smiles and animations. Really nice of Bioware to remind us at every oppporunity.

Only joking.

I won't mention specifics out of respect for those wanting to go in blind, but from the first few hours I've played, there are enough questions raised, enough mysteries that need solving and an interesting enough situation that we find ourselves in, that I'm really looking forward to pulling at the threads to see where it goes.

At the moment I've halted my progression on Access, purely because I don't want to get halfway through a mission and be cock-blocked. I'll probably pick it up Wednesday night (EU release for me) and get the ball rolling on my next objective.

I just hope there's awkward dancing.

Simo

Superb OT guys!! Just gotta wait for my deluxe to arrive Tuesday and fire it up on the Pro.

I did mess around earlier more on the Xbox trial and found the skins for the Nomad as well got the Pathfinder armor which looks great. Other than that I just visited the systems.

I can't be the only one to find a cool planet, Nexus or the black hole and exit the galaxy map just so I can view it all outside the Tempest windows, right? Lol

It's been a rocky road for me in the run up to this game. I'm a massive fan of the original trilogy, but absolutely nothing about this game was doing it for me until the launch trailer hit. Then I played the trial and loved it. Wasn't sold on the prologue but once the game opens up it really recaptures that same Mass Effect vibe.

And there's not enough animation jank in the world to tarnish that.

Can't wait for Thursday (booooo EU release date).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These 5 years since ME3 went by so fast.

The trial gave me hope it was worth the wait despite some technical issues and I didn't even have time to visit the Tempest!

Top Bottom