• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Here we gooooooo!

I've been pacing out my trial so it ends tonight. Pretending to be Korean to unlock tomorrow.

I'm really curious how this Remnant / Kett mystery will resolve itself.

diaspora

giphy.gif

Loved the trial more than even I hoped to. Sure there were bugs but I experienced more with the Witcher 3 the first day I played it and it didn't stop me from loving that game.

Arkanius

The game is full of jank, but god damn if I'm not tempted to play it.
Decisions decisions.

Best price for the PC version where?

ResoRai

Are people still getting this after the buggy disaster experience of the trial? *scratches head*
I encountered no bugs. Animations are a bit weird, but it didn't bother me after a bit. Except Cora. She needs to stop smiling all the time!

But yeah I had fun and am really looking forward to it.

Don't take the obvious bait from a juniored troll account with 400 posts since 2006 coming in just to derail, let's keep the discussion constructive and positive !

Yeul

I can't wait to experiment more with the combat. I really like the decision they took to not lock everyone to a specific class. Like...I already put in hundreds of hours into DA:I and am very likely to do the same with ME:A so I appreciate that aspect. That and the skills are just so flashy in Frostbite. I'm no longer going to be just a boring soldier like I was in the original trilogy lol.

Simo

OP might wanna mention the Archives website? It's where your created Ryders get uploaded to so you can share or import and also seems to be where you download the OST from Deluxe editions.

Site is still in beta tho.

Isn't it about time to stop staggering these releases. Why do I have to wait two days longer. We're in the digital age here.

Anyway, despite everything, I am looking forward to it, if only to see just exactly what the hell they've done. The game looks kind of nuts. I just really hope it doesn't turn out dull and tedious like Inquisition.

Majin Boo

Can't wait to play ME again, hopefully Infiltrators are still as good as they have been in the past, haven't seen any cloak gameplay yet.

OP might wanna mention the Archives website? It's where your created Ryders get uploaded to so you can share or import and also seems to be where you download the OST from Deluxe editions.

Site is still in beta tho.
I'll try and make a few edits over the week, but I'm on my phone right now so I can't do much.

Plus, it's not like anyone reads the OP, right?

PSA - Mass Effect Andromeda Temporary Workaround that allows Quick Saving

"Be doing a priority mission, switch your active quest objective, save, switch back.
Temporary workaround till the devs fix it"

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect...couple_points_ive_yet_to_see_brought/df46ryn/

Edit: For those that are unaware, "Priority Missions" in MEA don't allow you to normally quick save. You can only rely on the game's auto-save. Outside of Priority Missions, you can quick save. With this method, you can apparently quick save anytime by changing the quest objective.

Lakitu

st5fu
What a great OT, thanks guys!

My hype has gotten higher recently, I reckon realistic expectations for reviews are 8s across the board with some 9s. I'd be happy with that. It seems to be mostly similar to Mass Effect 1 and I'm down with that.

oneils

Got my apex rating to 1500 in multiplayer and have two more hours left in the trial. Might save them for tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to playing multiplayer on the ground floor. I missed all of the events of ME:3.

Anyone trying to decide which version to get, I'll put my two cents in and say that combat with mouse and keyboard is great if you can manage it. Much better than a controller for me as I suck at controllers in third person shooters.

YaBish

Awesome OT! Question that I have for anyone...

Are there any more companions than those in the OP? Feel free to spoiler tag.

JoeBoy101

Totally hyped. After the trial I was truly enjoying myself and can't wait to play more. Digging the Remnant and the Scourge and looking forward to more.

Blue Shrek 4 Lyfe

xsmall.img.jpg

And BlueNinja, again a nice OT. Well done.

YaBish said:
Awesome OT! Question that I have for anyone...

Are there any more companions than those in the OP? Feel free to spoiler tag.

Not that we are aware of.

The companion app is neat. Apex HQ.

You have to sideload it on Android or change your country on iOS, if you can't wait until it goes live tomorrow.

Can't wait to play ME again, hopefully Infiltrators are still as good as they have been in the past, haven't seen any cloak gameplay yet.

I always played as Infiltrator in the many times I did the trilogy, so I picked it for ME:A and it's still as good, I can't wait to test more of the possible combinations cloaking with other abilities from different profiles !

Top Bottom