• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK set to trigger Brexit on March 29

When should the UK celebrate Independence Day?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Britain's government says it will trigger Article 50, signaling Britain's departure from the European Union, on March 29.

The Department for Exiting the European Union said in a statement that Britain's permanent representative to the EU, Tim Barrow, informed the European Council President Donald Tusk of the timing on Monday morning. The notification of triggering Article 50 will come in the form of a letter.

Brexit Secretary David Davis said in a statement that the country is "on the threshold of the most important negotiation" for a generation.
https://www.apnews.com/d2e35619edf5460a8d84abb50b14cfb2

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
So that means all the foreigners are getting deported on the 30th then? Take that Eurocrats.

StayDead

Sigh. Well fellow UK gaffers it's been nice having some basic human rights. At least we'll have them before the deal inevitably falls through and our government stupidly takes no deal rather than access to the single market.

Fuck the tories.

Bleepey

JS122005642_Getty-Images-Europe_BESTPIX-Political-Satire-Dominates-Rose-Monday-Carnival-Parades-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq7_F-3vd9DKflavAv4ztLihuQV4gIni_5UKwXecXIQAw.jpg

Fuck it, YOLO, let's go.

liquidtmd

Banned
The people that voted for this...I hope they hurt the hardest.

I'm truly not usually a bitter or vindictive but they are responsible for years of pain for all of us now.

We all alas, in it together. I dearly wish we had anything resembling an opposition to reign some of the what will be incredibly vindictive Tory policy coming our way.

And this is coming from someone who leans to the Right.

danowat

Banned
It's the will of the people.

Sovereignty Sovereignty Sovereignty

Take control of our borders.

and other such bullshit.

Dougald

Maybe the rest of the EU can get things done without us whining about every little thing now

That's what I tell myself to keep sane anyway. As for Article 50, I'm fed up of standing on the edge of this cliff. It'll almost be a relief to see this country finally jump

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
You get what you voted for.

Na take backs
Fuck the 52% I didn't vote for this catastrophic farce.

Has nobody seen the Greek saga? And this is a country in debt sure but wants to stay part of the Euro and they're still being royally screwed.

We're going to be hung out to dry and the Brexit horde will tell us it doesn't matter and we are better off going full WTO rules anyway.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm sick off all these faceless EU gravy train riders and their stupid laws about human rights and making sure the food we eat isn't poisonous.

I want good olf fashioned British potatoes full of lead, mercury and arsenic, and I don't want no Poirot in Brussels telling me I can't.

Bold One

We deserve everything that's coming our way.

as for those who voted leave - you'll get yours 10 fold.

To our European friends, sorry, the regressive lunatics won....

Gonna feel like a punch in the gut when it's triggered, even after all this build up.

Bet the slow drip of news from the negotiations are gonna make the Government look like morons, more so than they already are I mean.

I'm sick off all these faceless EU gravy train riders and their stupid laws about human rights and making sure the food we eat isn't poisonous.

I want good olf fashioned British potatoes full of lead, mercury and arsenic, and I don't want no Poirot in Brussels telling me I can't.

Hear, hear. I have had it with all these unelected eurocrats. Bunch a gay olympic fencers the lotta them
/s

Auctopus

Just so people are aware, we aren't leaving the EU on that date. We're beginning the discussions for the "deal" of leaving which is estimated to take a couple years at least.

So, you've got a fair bit of time to start amassing bottle caps.

Xando

Just so people are aware, we aren't leaving the EU on that date. We're beginning the discussions for the "deal" of leaving which is estimated to take a couple years at least.

So, you've got a fair bit of time to start amassing bottle caps.

Negotiations won't start until may/june and will have to be finished in fall 2018 without a transitional deal.

Can't wait for the EU to tell Britain that they still owe them 60bn EUR.

As a mainlander i'm also interested to see this happening, only for the meltdowns the mail, sun and friends.

Veelk

Banned
It sucks for all you British people, but atleast you don't have Donald Trump running your country.

Out of curiousity, when would it be possible to reverse this decision? Could there be a vote held to rejoin the EU?

NekoFever

Out of curiousity, when would it be possible to reverse this decision? Could there be a vote held to rejoin the EU?

Legal consensus is leaving the EU isn't final until the day a country actually leaves, at the end of negotiations.

theaface

Going to get my holiday currency this week as I expect the pound to tank some more when the UK pulls the trigger on the gun it jammed against it's own temple.

It sucks for all you British people, but atleast you don't have Donald Trump running your country.

Trump is a disaster, but a disaster that will last for 4 or 8 years at most. Climate change aside, he can be recovered from relatively quickly, potentially.

Brexit will ruin things for millions of people for a generation at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom