• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just found out Big Daddy Kane is coming to my hometown in May for a live show. We really don't get many great hiphop concerts here often but at the end of last year i went to Masta Ace. That was fantastic. Anyway, i really don't know a whole lot of Kane tracks but i do want to check some out and see how i like it. Doesn't happen every day that someone like him performs here.

So.....which albums/songs must i hear?

Koozek

So i just found out Big Daddy Kane is coming to my hometown in May for a live show. We really don't get many great hiphop concerts here often but at the end of last year i went to Masta Ace. That was fantastic. Anyway, i really don't know a whole lot of Kane tracks but i do want to check some out and see how i like it. Doesn't happen every day that someone like him performs here.

Who?

AJLma

I'm gonna be real, this is the greatest era of hip-hop yet. There's so much shit to choose from, it's insane. Dustheads wept.

I agree. There's so much heat out there right now, lyrical variety, every type of flow imaginable, and the production game isn't even on this planet anymore.

I told someone else this recently and got hit with the "lol...." >:-/

Long Live The Kane is essential....minus the Day You're Mine. Ugh fuck that song.

Dereck

Lmfao. Patience.
lmao. I want it now. Mawfucka made us wait two years doing live shows performing unreleased songs. I feel like dude right now.

3a15307.png

Catvoca

Banned
"Foot and hand on the gates, we was jumping em fuck,
I'm like quicksand in my ways, was always stuck in em, stuck it in
And an ambulance came"

Been listening to I Don't Like Shit a lot lately. That album just gets better the more you listen to it. Looking forward to whatever he makes next.

Bacon

"Foot and hand on the gates, we was jumping em fuck,
I'm like quicksand in my ways, was always stuck in em, stuck it in
And an ambulance came"

Been listening to I Don't Like Shit a lot lately. That album just gets better the more you listen to it. Looking forward to whatever he makes next.

Yeah I loved Don't Like Shit. And Earl's verse on Really Doe was just perfection. Super excited for whatever he does next.

FZZ

Banned
90% of GAF struggling to understand my posts/titles makes my day

I don't even talk that otherworldly

Anyways

More Life is a solid 7/10

Much better than Views and it might even be top 3 for his discography after Take Care & IYRTITL

Anyways

Much better than Views and it might even be top 3 for his discography after Take Care & IYRTITL

I rate this

Prob gunna do exactly what most of his albulums do with me. That solid 7 will turn to a solid 8 and then I'll get sick of hearing it everywhere

Anyways

You put Nothing Was The Same at 4?

HiiiLife

Anyways

The disrespect to SFG

FZZ

Banned
You put Nothing Was The Same at 4?

Maybe.

NWTS was always at 3 for me

still too soon to put it at 4 imo

I'm going to sit on More Life for a bit and see what tracks grow on me and which don't

I mean Drake doesn't have the most acclaimed set of records.

So it'll probably just be a difference between one or two tracks I end up enjoying more in comparison to NWTS

Anyways

Nah Views is better than more life.

Koozek

Anyways
I need a break down on what fr fr means Stat. Apparently I'm either no longer "hip" to modern slang, (probable), or OP pretty consistently formulates threads that are grammatically comparable to what one would find in a second grade book report, (also probable.)

081.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom