• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

OH GOD HELP, ONE OF THEM HAS TO BE A FAKE
WHICH IS REAL
WHAT IF NEITHER ARE REAL?!?!
WHAT IF BOTH ARE REAL!?!?

Tyd3pGDh.jpg

Dingobloo

Neo Member
Shadows, Lightning and Mesh

I would really recommend avoiding turning lighting below High if you can avoid it almost anything else seems better. The face textures do not seem designed without the blurring from the subsurface scattering in mind, they become harsh and people look pockmarked and horrible.

So many technical glitches. Hair popping and blurring, reflections going screwy, characters sliding around and rubber-banding all over, references all over to characters you haven't even met yet, characters participating in conversations on the Tempest who aren't a) present on the ship OR b) even joined your crew yet, t-poses, NPCs standing/sitting in/on other NPCs, etc. The list goes on and on.

Edit: I'm enjoying the game, btw, but JESUS.

iFirez

Just beat the Architect on Voeld, that thing was massive! Loving the game so far and about to head to my third planet after kicking Voeld's frozen ass back into gear... but first I must sleep.

nOoblet16

I would really recommend avoiding turning lighting below High if you can avoid it almost anything else seems better. The face textures do not seem designed without the blurring from the subsurface scattering in mind, they become harsh and people look pockmarked and horrible.

SSS would be under shaders though not lighting.
Lighting would determine stuff like the accuracy of the lights, how they cast shadows and such. It also might affect the number or atleast quality of shadow casting lights.

Madness

The game has been pretty solid. Some jank and some poor decisions aside, I like it. The lore building, the world building. Aside from cinematic/writing issues, in no way in hell is this game 6/10. The game has better writing than Breath of the Wild if that means anything.

Cool, the game trial on Xbox crashed on me randomly saying I was offline and needed to be online to play.

Now it won't launch. Fucking awesome.

LOL then I search the error code it gave me on their site and it says it doesn't exist. What.

ManeKast

Got my preorder cancelled. Digital super deluxe. Australia.

You can still do it by calling Playstation support until end of today.

Will be waiting for patches and not diving in yet.

So i was on the fence...basically all day, and now i jumped off the fence and spent 44,98 euro for Xbox One digital version. Make room Zelda, gonna take a break from ya, haha.

The game has been pretty solid. Some jank and some poor decisions aside, I like it. The lore building, the world building. Aside from cinematic/writing issues, in no way in hell is this game 6/10. The game has better writing than Breath of the Wild if that means anything.

Well....i don't know much about the story yet in Zelda because most of those 100+ hours went into messing around, exploration, shrines, side quests, few main quests. Not a whole lot of story yet. Bit hard to compare the two in terms of writing in my book.

Johndoey

Banned
It really doesn't. Still glad to hear the world building is solid.

What on earth. What a weird game to compare it too.

98% of the writing in BotW are NPC's that are almost all unique and charming and not plot/lore driven like a ME game would be.

There is. Check your library, preload is kinda hidden since the 4.5 update.

It's really annoying. All I see are check back soon where the option to download stuff would usually be. I see the theme and preorder thing under the PSN listing, but nothing under overview. Is there something I'm missing? I have yet to find a way to get back to that download screen after checkout on the store either.

LordDash

Banned
This is frustrating. The game keeps on freezing during the cutscenes after the first mission. Anyone have an idea why? PC here.

Meifu

I'm really hyped to play tonight, in a strange way all the drama over it has lowered my expectations, so kinda going in with not as many expectations, especially like I did with 3

Also, my personal complaint with the originals was that there wasn't even content, so I'm glad this one is way bigger, even with some sacrifices

nOoblet16

I really don't see how it doesn't. BoTW has charming NPCs and interactions but they are so despite the writing quality. I mean to say that it's not the writing that makes them charming. Then again it's not even a secondary focus of the game while ME is a game where story and writing is a focus and as such high quality is required so it's not saying much when one says it has better story and writing than BoTW.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Anyway to unlock this early on Origin? VPN or something? Or does it unlock at midnight EST?
Close Origin.
VPN to Singapore.
Open Origin.

Game will be unlocked. I used the Tunnel Bear VPN. It's free and extremely easy to use.

BlondeTuna

So many technical glitches. Hair popping and blurring, reflections going screwy, characters sliding around and rubber-banding all over, references all over to characters you haven't even met yet, characters participating in conversations on the Tempest who aren't a) present on the ship OR b) even joined your crew yet, t-poses, NPCs standing/sitting in/on other NPCs, etc. The list goes on and on.

Edit: I'm enjoying the game, btw, but JESUS.

Ouch. Would you say these issues break immersion into the game world? What do you specifically enjoy about the game?

Grassy

[TW]Stone;232455039 said:
I ore-ordered the game yesterday from GMG and have yet to receive my activation key. Normal with this game?

They don't send out keys until launch day. It could be early or late.

Less than 4 hours... so close. I just want to continue off from the fun I was having in the trial and ignore the negativity for a week or however long it'll take me to beat the game.

Burbeting

Banned
I haven't got a response from Harlequin yet. But I have to go to sleep soon, so I'll post the thread now, and remove the quote later, if he doesn't want to be quoted.

Madness

So i was on the fence...basically all day, and now i jumped off the fence and spent 44,98 euro for Xbox One digital version. Make room Zelda, gonna take a break from ya, haha.

Well....i don't know much about the story yet in Zelda because most of those 100+ hours went into messing around, exploration, shrines, side quests, few main quests. Not a whole lot of story yet. Bit hard to compare the two in terms of writing in my book.

What on earth. What a weird game to compare it too.

98% of the writing in BotW are NPC's that are almost all unique and charming and not plot/lore driven like a ME game would be.

Point was more, if you can give BotW perfect scores for everything by a lot of reviewers. And I have spent almost 50 hours+ with botw and done everything. If you can feel the game and it's writing and sidequests are essentislly perfect, how Andromeda is getting 6/10 reviews I don't know. Yes some of the sidequests and missions aren't the best, and some writing is awkward at times. But in my opinion, the game is pretty good so far. I want to keep playing and learning more etc. It does have its shortcomings.

Vic_Viper

What does playing MP earn you this time around and what is it used for? As in how the War Readiness Rating from ME3 went up when playing MP, is there something similar in MEA?

Do you get AVP points from MP?

As for what I enjoy... So far the combat, exploration and the plot. I'm interested in seeing what's next.

This is what ive been wondering about. Been wanting a good 3rd person shooter rpg to play anyway.

Ouch. Would you say these issues break immersion into the game world? What do you specifically enjoy about the game?

Um, yes and no. Some of the issues I mentioned are fairly rare, and others happen often enough that I've almost trained myself to not see them.

As for what I enjoy... So far the combat, exploration and the plot. I'm interested in seeing what's next.

Bought the game on PSN, didn't download immediately because I needed to make space.

But now how do I initiate the preload? Doesn't show up in my downloads menu, can't seem to start it from my library, the store page just says 'purchased'. What do I do?

Edit: NVM, got it working through the app.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any points in scanning planets? Is it only good if there happen to be an anomaly on one of them?
I just went to a random system, found some anomaly in a circle of asteroids, but that was it. The rest of the system was just non-landable planets that you could scan for no reason.

Top Bottom