• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger Mask W 24

holy shit,the animation on this episode was super,i guess they saved all the budget on this episode and for the next episode.

it will be only 25 episodes?

No, it's 39 episodes. And the animation wasn't higher quality because of budget; rather because it featured a particularly good episode director and animation director.

TUSR

Banned
The only shows that didn't disappoint me this season were KonoSuba and Scums Wish.

Maid Dragon had a hiccup, it was alright overall though.

DNAbro

I liked Hunter x Hunter so much I actually bought the first set bluray. I think the last time I physically bought anime was Pokemon VHSs when I was a kid.

The art cards that came with it are pretty cute.
C7yueoEW0AEbg-9.jpg

I may watch an episode tonight. Haven't seen how the English dub is so I'll probably watch that version.

I liked Hunter x Hunter so much I actually bought the first set bluray. I think the last time I physically bought anime was Pokemon VHSs when I was a kid.

The art cards that came with it are pretty cute.

I may watch an episode tonight. Haven't seen how the English dub is so I'll probably watch that version.
The english dub is really great! They nailed the main cast. Mainly Gon, Killua and Hisoka.

Have fun rewatching.

Tiger Mask W Episode 24

This episode was apparently made in 40 days.

Straight up magic people.

The only explanation.

I have a feeling
Tiger the Dark is gonna suffer bad next episode since it looks like The Third was Yellow Devil.

Quasar

Seiren - 12

Overall this show wasn't very good. Did not live up to Amagami nor did it do anything particularly well. First 2 arcs were trash, 3rd one was generic but was actually the best of the 3. It was still a nice weekly comfort food watch, but those first 2 arcs were pretty bad.

Despite not being particularly enthused by the Hikari arc, she continued right through the whole 12 episodes to show off her greatness.

It probably was a little unfair for me to hold it up to Amagami, but for the most part it was pretty bland. Not quite sure what happened...I guess not having the same writers or having a solid base to work from.

Despite not being particularly enthused by the Hikari arc, she continued right through the whole 12 episodes to show off her greatness.

It probably was a little unfair for me to hold it up to Amagami, but for the most part it was pretty bland. Not quite sure what happened...I guess not having the same writers or having a solid base to work from.
Maybe I am remembering all of Amagami's arcs with rose tinted glasses, but it was much better than what we got here. Even Photo Kano had much more entertaining characters and writing than this show did.

Quasar

Maybe I am remembering all of Amagami's arcs with rose tinted glasses, but it was much better than what we got here. Even Photo Kano had much more entertaining characters and writing than this show did.

I agree. Overall I liked PhotoKano more, and given that had one terrible element that kept trying to intrude and arcs that were too short imo I guess that says something.

I did really like Hikari though...but that's probably her being like Haruka from Amagami, and Haruka always was my favourite.

I agree. Overall I liked PhotoKano more, and given that had one terrible element that kept trying to intrude and arcs that were too short imo I guess that says something.

I did really like Hikari though...but that's probably her being like Haruka from Amagami, and Haruka always was my favourite.
Yup Photo Kano was a poor man's Amagami. So I too stress, for us to say even that is better than Seiren, it should tell you everything you want to know. Check the other two shows if you haven't, if you want more MAYBE then come to Seiren. Otherwise, you are better off wasting your time on something else.

Heartcatch Precure 10

The stakes have been raised. I know Blossom is the weakest Precure in history but I didn't think they would face such utter defeat so soon.

Cornbread78

Seiren ep.12
Ok, that was a super cute ending. It's a shame the entire series wasn't structured like that last arc.. Childhood friend ftw!

Cornbread78

Childhood friend > Tsuneki > Deer Simulator

But they were all bad.

Last arc wasn't that bad. The first two were pretty darn bad though. Only memorable thing to happen was the bath scene with the teacher, lol. Everything else was boring and bland.

Quasar

Yup Photo Kano was a poor man's Amagami. So I too stress, for us to say even that is better than Seiren, it should tell you everything you want to know. Check the other two shows if you haven't, if you want more MAYBE then come to Seiren. Otherwise, you are better off wasting your time on something else.

Of course anthology romance shows pretty damn thin on the ground. It is basically Amagami, Seiren, PhotoKano and nothing else.

With Seiren I would have expected arc 1 to be strongest, and despite having best girl, it wasn't. With arc three it seemed to improved a bit...so maybe theoretical arcs 4-6 would continue that trend.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I should stop acting like a little bitch and start watching anime again. Any good ones come out in the last two or three seasons?

Of course anthology romance shows pretty damn thin on the ground. It is basically Amagami, Seiren, PhotoKano and nothing else.

With Seiren I would have expected arc 1 to be strongest, and despite having best girl, it wasn't. With arc three it seemed to improved a bit...so maybe theoretical arcs 4-6 would continue that trend.
First arc was the weakest of the 3 without a doubt. Ending was a stinker. 2nd arc was just cheesy, and boring as well. The 3rd was generic as all hell but at least it entertained me a bit. This is supposed to have a second season with more characters if this one does well, but idk. None of the other characters seemed that interesting to me to be quite honest.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
What genre? There's been a ton, lol.

I'm open to anything but blatant fan-service harem stuff.

Scum's Wish
Thunderbolt Fantasy
Tiger Mask W
Showa Rakugo Genroku Shinju
March Comes in Like a Lion
Mob Psycho 100

Thanks! I'll take a look at these.

I highly recommend My Hero Academia! It's a very inspiring story about superheroes and what it means to be one. It has a lot of heart. Check out the trailer.

And if you like it, a second season is starting in one week.

I think I've seen one or two episodes of this, should start it up again.

kewlmyc

Haven't seen this criticism anywhere tbh. I think it's fine?

I heard that the Rose/Alisha plots kinda take over and Sorey and the Seraphim get left in the dust. Once their arc is over, the plot just rushes to the final boss.

I'll still check it out regardless, but hopefully that isn't the case.

I only have 3 slots left to fill anime with for this season and can't decide between these picks... Any suggestions on what I should watch from this list?:

GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation
Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
Tsuki ga Kirei
Kabukibu!
Renai Boukun
Hinako Note
Eromanga Sensei
ID-0
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Fukumenkei Noise
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii Desuka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka?

jonjonaug

I've been low-key watching Rewrite this season and man, I did not enjoy these last few episodes. I had the distinct feeling the whole time shit was being skipped or cut out and it didn't help I didn't like the MC, his actions and the ending.

KEY fooled me once again. can't wait till I get fooled by another adaption of their's.

A number of cool scenes were cut from the Moon route and while I can understand which ones were cut for time, every scene in Moon is so good that cutting anything from it feels weird.

A surprising amount of Terra was intact. It was poorly directed and presented, but the events in the anime were accurate to the visual novel. There were even some additional scenes that fleshed out certain elements. Up until the last two episodes, where they just started cutting random scenes for time. Some of the cuts led to scene transitions that straight up didn't make any sense in the anime, like the one I mentioned in my previous post.

I heard that the Rose/Alisha plots kinda take over and Sorey and the Seraphim get left in the dust. Once their arc is over, the plot just rushes to the final boss.

This is true.

It's like show was all of a sudden 'oh shit we're running out of episodes lets go last boss'.

I dropped it an episode or two ago because of how obviously rushed it became.

You owe it to yourself to check out one of the finest comedy anime you'll ever see in The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

My man.

Aki-at

I should stop acting like a little bitch and start watching anime again. Any good ones come out in the last two or three seasons?

Outside of Thunderbolt Fantasy and Mob Psycho 100 that have already been recommended, these two were surprise highlights for me the last few seasons.

Girlish Number - About a voice actress who is a cynical cow and blames everyone else but herself for any problems with her life.
Tanaka-kun is always listless - A comedy series about an extremely lazy schoolboy. The first episode might be a bit of a miss but as the series introduces more characters it's hilarity increases. I think episode 3 is when it gets really good.

Heartcatch Precure 13

Cure Moonlight sugoi desu. She can defend herself against Dark Precure without transforming. Blossom and Marine take notes.

However the ending to the episode is probably one of the worst "I'll get you next time moments" I've seen. Just when Dark Precure is about to accomplish the main baddie's goal of defeating the Precure he calls her back because she is too focused on Cure Moonlight (???). How self defeating. Why should it matter what her motivations are as long as she gets the job done.

Aki-at

Why is he shirtless?

Usually when guys are flexing their muscles and shirtless means they're about to head to the rooftops to beat each other up with violent special moves.

Cornbread78

I only have 3 slots left to fill anime with for this season and can't decide between these picks... Any suggestions on what I should watch from this list?:
Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
Tsuki ga Kirei
Renai Boukun
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Fukumenkei Noise
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii Desuka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka?

Tough to choose from those..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom