• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

It'll probably scratch that itch, but its different. You're probably a bit more fragile than in SOCOM and have to contend with all the possibilities that comes with destructible environments but if you're looking for an intense, one life per round experience this is it bruh.

Just be prepared to deal with some occasional technical issues and terrible teammates in public matchmaking (at least on ps4), but the game is still probably the best multiplayer shooter this gen.
What's the deal with the DLC for this game?

KodaRuss

What's the deal with the DLC for this game?

Maps are free, Operators are unlocked with in game currency (renown). DLC (season passes) just auto unlocks the new operators which can take a while to unlock as they are the most expensive (25k renown).

There are certain skins, outfits and other things that can only be unlocked by paid for currency. However you do not need any of that.

If you get the game, watch the training videos (free renown) and play the situations (more free renown) to get a feel for the game.

I personally think the season passes are well worth it but I love the game.

Disgraced

GIF'd.

giphy.gif

I really wish this game had a skill rating, instead of basing it off of k/d.

I also think you shouldn't be able to get anymore points when scanning enemies more than once during the preparation phase. Even though I've abused this myself haha.

I really wish this game had a skill rating, instead of basing it off of k/d.

I also think you shouldn't be able to get anymore points when scanning enemies more than once during the preparation phase. Even though I've abused this myself haha.

I just wish team mates couldn't scan enemies on your drone during the prep phase. So annoying and useless.

TheRed

How long is it gonna take them to get rid of the full penalty when losing a ranked match when you have quitters right at the beginning? Every time I go into ranked this happens and I de rank. It's so dumb.

How long is it gonna take them to get rid of the full penalty when losing a ranked match when you have quitters right at the beginning? Every time I go into ranked this happens and I de rank. It's so dumb.

It's never going to happen. Ubisoft still has the "you abandoned a ranked match" shit when the servers give out.

I just wish team mates couldn't scan enemies on your drone during the prep phase. So annoying and useless.

Yea, at least limit it to one time or something, for getting points that is. Without points, people will not mark as much.

Kinda sad that this game is still on it's first OT :(

CrayToes

Nice job, bet your heart was pounding on that first one.

I am so inconsistent with this game still, I keep jumping back and forth in between it and other games but damn is it addicting so I keep coming back.

I added you last night. I'll shoot you an invite whenever I see you on next.

KodaRuss

I keep getting randoms on my teams in Ranked that just will not fucking shut up. Especially after they die and criticizing everything that you do.

andycapps

I keep getting randoms on my teams in Ranked that just will not fucking shut up. Especially after they die and criticizing everything that you do.
Gotta love when people run off and get themselves killed in the first minute and then want to tell you what to do. Or won't shut up when you're trying to hear where the opposing team is coming from.

Usually with me it's where the rest of my team dies and it's 1 V 4 and I'm getting sandwiched by the other team and they get pissed if I don't get all of the people rushing me from two different directions. I mean sometimes you can pull off a clutch because the other team gets cocky, but most of the time the numbers are too much to deal with if you're going against a team that is coordinating.

Auctopus

One of the highest-rated posts on sub-reddit...

The amount of salt people will have for you surviving after they rushed in is amazing. It's possible to get kicked or team-killed in Casual for clutching.

Dysun

Yeah seems like the community is pretty bad at the moment. Getting a ton of randoms surrendering when falling behind 2 rounds, or team killing.

Interesting comments about the jump out timer. I get the feeling the solution will be to have 0 second detection for like the first 20-30 seconds of a round and then the normal two seconds after. I wouldn't miss C4s on Favela, or the delivery room jump out on Skyscraper or any of that shit.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Hows the community right now on PS4?

I watch Matimi0 playing this game on his streams and it always peaked my interest I just didn't feel like paying 80 bucks Canadian for a multiplayer only game, is the community still strong?

Auctopus

Hows the community right now on PS4?

It's strong. There are always people to play with, the problem is the matchmaking. It's not amazing and can sometimes take a while to get in to a match (3-5 minutes) for seemingly no reason.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| Yes, people still play this.

Fucking hell, 3 of my team mates quit in the first round of a ranked matched and I have to either sit around until I can surrender or quit? And lose rank either way? They need to change something.

fr0st

Banned
I'm really awful at playing Defense. I just pick Rook, drop the armor plates, hide and pray I get a kill. :(
Lol such is the life of a rook main.

I play him more aggressively since once you have used your impacts and dropped your armor you've basically done you're job.

andycapps

I'm really awful at playing Defense. I just pick Rook, drop the armor plates, hide and pray I get a kill. :(
Sometimes I find it useful to be the cam guy for a while until the other team gets closer. Help my roamers get some kills and waste the other team's time so they have to make a last minute push.

I feel like I or my teammates are getting spawn killed way more than usual. Like it's too easy just to cheese a couple kills on the attackers. I don't know what they could do to mitigate that though. Some spawns are super susceptible to it.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I or my teammates are getting spawn killed way more than usual. Like it's too easy just to cheese a couple kills on the attackers. I don't know what they could do to mitigate that though. Some spawns are super susceptible to it.

Make all the barriers that lead to outside indestructible until the round actually starts. Problem solved.

andycapps

Pixel peaks are hard to beat too given how guns work in this game. Basically, if you're holding a tight angle and peaking one pixel, you'll see them just barely and can hit them but everyone else will see you hitting the window frame or door frame. Which results in no tracers being seen by the other side.

It's an issue of the person shooting basically seeing the bullets going out of their scope, vs everyone else seeing them coming from their gun. Ubisoft could change that, but then people would get frustrated over their bullets hitting frames when the scope shows them peaking outside. They could make some kind of indicator show up on the speaker's screen showing that their shots are being blocked, possibly.

Top Bottom