• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Daffy Duck

Wow, the 918 is awesome.

Just unlocked it by accident on my sons account too lol, was just doing a race to level him up to do the construction site race and overtook three cars on some random race

Man the Porsche pack and these events have brought me back....even after 114 hours played I just adore this game. It's too fun.

Can't wait to do the event today to get the 918. Need to pay more attention to this thread for future Forzathons and hopefully the expansion announcement soon. I assume most of you are in the GAF club? Glad I am still part of it.

mclem

Good job I checked in on this thread, I wasn't likely to look at Forza today. But now... I think I can squeeze this in.

xrnzaaas

Yeah strange, Forzathons were glitchy at the beginning and the first car they gave away didn't unlock for the silver users until they've patched the game (because Forzathons were locked even though they required doing SP stuff). But now it should be okay, I got the 911 from the previous Forzathon instantly.

rrs

Yes it is. Found a class X AWD tune for it (is the base version AWD? I didn't check) and did a Goliath lap under 9:10. Thing stays absolutely glued to the ground.
it's a 1400 HP, extreme torque car with grip matching racing cars. This is the fastest thing in the game and I have to ask one question: what's it doing as a forzathon car
Time to do Forzathon once i get home. Is the Forzathon glitched atm?
nope, got my car

zorbsie

That 918 will be mine tonight. What event did you do to get the airborne pass?

I did it on the construction yard race. Lots of chances to get the airborne pass there. Agreed with everyone here the car is just amazing. Of course when I went to do some online races with it my group only picked A - C class cars. Which wasn't all bad, I never really get a chance to race C class online.

LoveCake

I have been loving my Zonda I picked up the other day, and you don't see many of them about in the game either.

Won the 918 just now and what a machine!
(I did all the challenges on a drive over the dunes from the Outback festival to the Yarra Valley festival, the airborne pass I did on a one lap of Beach Cross Country by Silver Sands Shipwrecks I did it on second turn!).

It is [X] class but I have just upgraded everything except the wheels and I have not done a engine swap or changed the drivetrain, I don't see why everyone changes every cars engine to the 6L V12 so everything sounds the same, it's ok if it's that rally engine or the Porsche flat 4 (put that in my RWB GT2).

I didn't drive the 918 without the upgrades, I will say that the acceleration isn't as good as I thought it would be.

LoveCake

Ohhh looks good in that green.

It is the default special 'metal flake'.

The 918's are going for about CR-4.5m to CR-5m in the auction house! are people crazy its the easiest car ever to win, if anything selling it in a few days when people have missed out would be better, but everyone seems to have been spent out in the sales or something because nobody wants the Supra HE anymore and just when I have an extra one to sell :(

KRaZyAmmo

Just got my 918. I agree with everyone that it's blast to drive. (Hopefully I'll get a beefier rig to actually it without this low setting, sorry bout that everyone xP)
2cvpjMB.jpg

Fox Mulder

it's a 1400 HP, extreme torque car with grip matching racing cars. This is the fastest thing in the game

Is it?

I'll have to do a build, but the regera is the current Goliath king, as the game doesn't count X class for leaderboards.

It was better than a P1 and laferrari for sure in horizon 2.

LoveCake

Some of you know about Don Joewon Song (the Forza King) last week there was an issue with his game save and due to the cloud save the whole save got corrupted, so from over level 1000 he has had to start from scratch, people have been helping out where they can and also the people at Forza and Playground Games but they couldn't do anything about the save game file, they are still not sure what happened other than it was something to do with the AMC Pacer Barn Find car, so they have gifted him every HE car, every other car he owned (which was nearly all of them) and CR-250m, very good of Forza and Playground to help out like this, to celebrate he has made a video about doing ten world records in the same car a Jeep!

Forza Horizon 3 - 1 CAR 10 WORLD RECORDS!!! "Thank You Forza"

He just makes it look so easy!

Don't forget everyone that the next #Forzathon where the 959 is up for grabs starts in roughly two days time.

rrs

Is it?

I'll have to do a build, but the regera is the current Goliath king, as the game doesn't count X class for leaderboards.

It was better than a P1 and laferrari for sure in horizon 2.
well, fully modded that is. However, I wonder if a RWD 918 could challenge the car as otherwise it quickly enters X class with AWD

xrnzaaas

Getting the 918 was easy, it would've been a more pain in the ass if the car was tied to that driving on 2 wheels challenge. ;)

Obtaining the 959 in the next one will be super easy:

111qtl3m.jpg

KdotIX

I really wish I jumped in to the older Forzathon events when I had the chance :(

Is there any way of them being recycled? Really want that 918 Spyder!

xrnzaaas

I really wish I jumped in to the older Forzathon events when I had the chance :(

Coolest cars (including the Halo Warthog) were available as rewards in more than one Forzathon in the past, but since this is Porsche we can't know for sure.

m23

Haven't played this game in a while but jumped back in to get the 918. I should really start playing this again, once Forza 7 drops, it's over.

LoveCake

Getting the 918 was easy, it would've been a more pain in the ass if the car was tied to that driving on 2 wheels challenge. ;)

Obtaining the 959 in the next one will be super easy:

111qtl3m.jpg

The 3 stars on three drift events are not that easy if you are not that good at drifting like me :( there is a car and tune I found though that made even a useless drifter a drift KING! I am not on my X1 at the moment so I will get back with the car and tune.

How are you guys finding the alternate factory wheels for the 918?

What alternate factory wheels?

Not sure, maybe, it is a little to early to know yet, if you are flush they are going for CR4m in the auction house.

The 3 stars on three drift events are not that easy if you are not that good at drifting like me :( there is a car and tune I found though that made even a useless drifter a drift KING! I am not on my X1 at the moment so I will get back with the car and tune.

Or you can use an HE Drift car, plus there are great drift tunes for all of those too.

I'm not too good at drifting either, but thanks to the above combo I've 3-starred all the drift zones.

LoveCake

The Weissach Package has different wheels (R magnesium wheels).

Bdnm0nL.jpg

Normal wheels.

cWXYliu.jpg

You will find quite similar Weissach wheels in the wheel store.

The best drift car is the 1974 Toyota Celica GT with Don Joewon Song tune 230+MPH C-Class, if you cannot get three stars on the Drift stages then there is something wrong.

I had managed to get about three 3 stars drift zones a few 2 star and most 1 stars, but over two nights about two hours each night I got 3 stars on each drift zones.

Fox Mulder

well, fully modded that is. However, I wonder if a RWD 918 could challenge the car as otherwise it quickly enters X class with AWD

I don't really bother with x class, as S2 is the highest the leaderboards go and X is the plebs class of choice online.

The 918 at top of S2 still gets beat out by the regera or centenario.

Is Forzathon glitched again? I finished the last race of a championship series and won, drove my Warthog and at least performed 50 lumberjack skills, nothing unlocked.

Top Bottom