• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Spuck-uk

Banned
Shit, tried to run Tag2 after ages of not playing, hoping it fixed himself. First impression, "Damn this shit is laggy as fuck." 20 minutes later PS3 died. Oh well. Fired up T6 to train Kuma. Little less laggy and what do you know, Kuma's stronger here.

At the end of the day I figured I'll fire up Tekken 4 on PS3 expecting it to be laggy like PS2 games tend to. Fired it up through progressive scan and holy crap! No lag, responsive like razor. Shooting electrics left and right. Game had emulation issues with slowdown on some stages. I can confirm that. Nothing like that now, I tried for hours to make it drop frames. Nada. Literally the only problem is occasional graphic glitch on FMVs. I don't know if it's progressive scan or some stealth emu update but the game runs like butter and it's ridiculous how much more responsive than Tag2/T6. Night and day difference.

Tekken 4 was made without any consideration of online play. the reason T6 and above have more input lag is to keep online and offline as close as possible.

Also those million gifs were really not necessary :p

sasuke_91

GrayFoxPL accidentally turned his PS3 into a PS2.

Soooo, Tekken 7 will be playable in Frankfurt on Friday and Saturday. I'll be there on Friday and maybe Saturday morning to see if I can get any games in. I expect a lot of people, maybe 1 or 2 console setups and 2 bubbles/30-60 seconds/no button binding :p

I really hope there's not too many people who have heard of this. I just want to try out the game xD

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 4 was made without any consideration of online play. the reason T6 and above have more input lag is to keep online and offline as close as possible.

Also those million gifs were really not necessary :p

It's no excuse at this day and age where kof14 has no build in lag and has a netcode where I played guy from Texas and thought he was from Europe because there was virtually no lag.

Lagging offline performance to match laggy online is just ridiculous.

If you don't like my gifs just ignore the post.

Soooo, Tekken 7 will be playable in Frankfurt on Friday and Saturday. I'll be there on Friday and maybe Saturday morning to see if I can get any games in. I expect a lot of people, maybe 1 or 2 console setups and 2 bubbles/30-60 seconds/no button binding :p

I really hope there's not too many people who have heard of this. I just want to try out the game xD

Well, now they did :p. There are lurkers here.

Ah I miss T4 Paul. T4 everything. :(

You and me both. Best Paul.

So much style. :(

Game in 2017 still oozes with atmosphere. Music, character designs, hand drawn artworks, arenas that are not square boxes. The intro is still in my top 3.

Fuck, this is awesome.

i've seen a lot, a lot, a lot of demand for kazuma kiryu in tekken 7...

My vote included. Hope it translates into something. Maybe a good guess of what they did with bonus characters.

Nuszka

Man T4 , i still hope that game comes to ps4 in a form of a classic. I was actually the only person in my hometown to own the game just when it released, everyone i knew was wanting to play it at my place. I have some good memories with this game, but until i played DoA3 on xbox, all has changed, i could even say i almost skipped t5 because of that.
Edit : 41 more sleeps...

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's no excuse at this day and age where kof14 has no build in lag and has a netcode where I played guy from Texas and thought he was from Europe because there was virtually no lag.

KoF14 noticably lags for me if I play people the other end of the country.

Tekken 7 is fine playing people the other side of Europe, I know what I prefer.

Man T4 , i still hope that game comes to ps4 in a form of a classic. I was actually the only person in my hometown to own the game just when it released, everyone i knew was wanting to play it at my place. I have some good memories with this game, but until i played DoA3 on xbox, all has changed, i could even say i almost skipped t5 because of that.
Edit : 41 more sleeps...

Tekken 4 was my most played game on my Ps2. We weren't that fortunate when I was a kid so I didn't wanna bother my parents often about buying new game so (Ps2 obviously had a huge growing catalogue) so I ended up just playing Tekken 4 on the constant, however much replay value it had, and just really got into the story which left much to be desired

Hutchie

Tekken 4 was my most played game on my Ps2. We weren't that fortunate when I was a kid so I didn't wanna bother my parents often about buying new game so (Ps2 obviously had a huge growing catalogue) so I ended up just playing Tekken 4 on the constant, however much replay value it had, and just really got into the story which left much to be desired

I the story is much better than tekken 6 which failed to deliver on the clash of the two evil stars but hey what can you do

I the story is much better than tekken 6 which failed to deliver on the clash of the two evil stars but hey what can you do

They really fucked the story with Lars and just showing that anybody could have the devil gene, that it's not something unique to the Mishima bloodline.

But hey, according to Wikipedia this game is gonna be closer in time to Tekken 4 and it looks to be very story driven too with the Akuma shit

That Q&A was a bit of a mess, one guy kept asking about older tekkens and Harada and Murray asked for T7 related questions.
Best parts what I got from it is that characters will get their own special endings and Jukebox works like Tekken Tunes to an extent.

Not sure if you can set them to stages or not as it wasn't shown.

They really fucked the story with Lars and just showing that anybody could have the devil gene, that it's not something unique to the Mishima bloodline.

But hey, according to Wikipedia this game is gonna be closer in time to Tekken 4 and it looks to be very story driven too with the Akuma shit

Lars doesn't have the devil Gene though....

GrayFoxPL

But Heihachi must've drank lots of Devil Gin when he made him. ;].

7cIrOB2.jpg

Can't wait to play Larson and not be finger pointed.

I meant that as 2 separate complaints,

-I didn't really like the inclusion of Lars, at least not as a Mishima and a new protagonist - by Tekken 5 I heard people saying that with them bringing Jinpachi back they were starting to run out of good ideas and I agree with that. Lars seemed so superfluous and someone they were just pushing as the new cool main.

-In Ganryu's comedy ending and Hwoarang's ending it was shown that anyone is capable of getting the Devil gene, it isn't unique to Mishima-->Kazama.

If there is a God, please let the Jukebox feature be available DAY ONE.

Whereas I could stand about 50% of TTT2's tracks, I think there's literally... 2 stages tops in T7 that don't make me want to eat a handful of nails.

Not having Jukebox feature right away sure would... crush... my hopes
ExcellentSpryAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLIES TO BELOW:
It is for the PS4 version, PC doesn't have it.
I'm getting both versions. With the PC, I can get by with just turning music to 0 and listening to a Tekken playlist of some kind or another.
You will undoubtedly be able to substitute songs into Tekken 7 PC via file overwriting or mods.
I could see that for emulating the Tekken Tunes style for stage music. I could also just go for an independent playlist that runs separately from the game. I'm assuming the Jukebox will do this, rather than just change stage music.

Dereck

If there is a God, please let the Jukebox feature be available DAY ONE.

Whereas I could stand about 50% of TTT2's tracks, I think there's literally... 2 stages tops in T7 that don't make me want to eat a handful of nails.

Not having Jukebox feature right away sure would... crush... my hopes
ExcellentSpryAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

I'm getting both versions. With the PC, I can get by with just turning music to 0 and listening to a Tekken playlist of some kind or another.
You will undoubtedly be able to substitute songs into Tekken 7 PC via file overwriting or mods.

-I didn't really like the inclusion of Lars, at least not as a Mishima and a new protagonist - by Tekken 5 I heard people saying that with them bringing Jinpachi back they were starting to run out of good ideas and I agree with that. Lars seemed so superfluous and someone they were just pushing as the new cool main.

-In Ganryu's comedy ending and Hwoarang's ending it was shown that anyone is capable of getting the Devil gene, it isn't unique to Mishima-->Kazama.

Both those endings aren't canon. That's like saying Baek is capable of beating CrystalChicken, etc etc.

We know that CC's power isn't fully linked to the Devil Gene, because
Jin still has it in Tekken 7 and it's dead.

Both those endings aren't canon. That's like saying Baek is capable of beating CrystalChicken, etc etc.

We know that CC's power isn't fully linked to the Devil Gene, because
Jin still has it in Tekken 7 and it's dead.

if both of those are non canon and it was complete deception of how the Devil gene really works (as in, unique to Mishima), then I guess I'm okay with it; but at the same time it makes it such a pointless ending.

Some of the previous Tekken endings were canon, though. Like for instance how in Tekken 4, Jin was the main character so his spearheaded the story, but in Tekken 5 we learn that King did indeed defeat Marduk; so it can be presumed that his ending in Tekken 4 was also canon..

if both of those are non canon and it was complete deception of how the Devil gene really works (as in, unique to Mishima), then I guess I'm okay with it; but at the same time it makes it such a pointless ending.

Some of the previous Tekken endings were canon, though. Like for instance how in Tekken 4, Jin was the main character so his spearheaded the story, but in Tekken 5 we learn that King did indeed defeat Marduk; so it can be presumed that his ending in Tekken 4 was also canon..

Most endings are pointless. Ganryu's ending was obviously pointless, and Hwo's ending just shows that he's not willing to take that power to beat Jin. They don't have to serve a higher purpose.

Some of the endings can happen without conflicting with the canon line, such as Lili and Asuka's endings (whatever one has them fighting, IIRC), but for the most part most games don't take endings with non-canon things in them. Usually.

Most endings are pointless. Ganryu's ending was obviously pointless, and Hwo's ending just shows that he's not willing to take that power to beat Jin. They don't have to serve a higher purpose.

Some of the endings can happen without conflicting with the canon line, such as Lili and Asuka's endings (whatever one has them fighting, IIRC), but for the most part most games don't take endings with non-canon things in them. Usually.
some of them do, some of them don't.

also I caught you in my thread about Kiryu, I dunno if you saw this second tweet but:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/s...azuma-kiryu-requested-character-tekken-7-dlc/

in this second tweet there are a looot more people throwing Kiryu's name in the pit. I thinkif you add up all the tweets and retweets and whatever combined with the first tweet, it's probably way more than Dana Zane's.

Seems like there's a random select for the Jukebox so the music changes randomly every time you start the stage and hit the game winning round.

Nuszka

Seems like there's a random select for the Jukebox so the music changes randomly every time you start the stage and hit the game winning round.

Saw that on the stream, and was wandering if you then can create a playlist but... The tag2 solution was just perfect and why change it? It shouldn't be that hard to implement it. Should it?

Saw that on the stream, and was wandering if you then can create a playlist but... The tag2 solution was just perfect and why change it? It shouldn't be that hard to implement it. Should it?

The Tag 2 solution was okay at best. The best solution would be the Smash Bros one, by far.

some of them do, some of them don't.

also I caught you in my thread about Kiryu, I dunno if you saw this second tweet but:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/s...azuma-kiryu-requested-character-tekken-7-dlc/

in this second tweet there are a looot more people throwing Kiryu's name in the pit. I thinkif you add up all the tweets and retweets and whatever combined with the first tweet, it's probably way more than Dana Zane's.

Yeah that's beating her by like 90 when you include those dudes in the second tweet.

Thank god. I don't know who that is but Kaz would be a better choice.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Miguel and Leo are post Tekken 5 characters that are completely awesome.

Don't mind Lars at all.

Alisa should be put in the bin.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I remember Reepal saying that when he played FR in Japan the netcode felt exactly like TTT2, which isn't a good sign.

Aris said the netcode for arcade FR in Japan was like playing someone standing next to you. Figure we'll know more when it comes out.

Really everyone should just steal the magic netcode from KI

Yeah that's beating her by like 90 when you include those dudes in the second tweet.

Thank god. I don't know who that is but Kaz would be a better choice.
hell yeah!
Miguel and Leo are post Tekken 5 characters that are completely awesome.

Don't mind Lars at all.

Alisa should be put in the bin.
I should've clarified that I meant in terms of the story, they were running out of ideas - that directly ties to Lars since he was important in Tekken 6's but as for the rest of the new characters in general yeah I think they're pretty fresh although I didn't care about them much in 6 either and I agree about Alisa.

But Shaheen looks like he's gonna be a good guy.

I remember Reepal saying that when he played FR in Japan the netcode felt exactly like TTT2, which isn't a good sign.

Are we at that point in time when people saying TTT2's Netcode isn't good......cuz I swear people swore by TTT2's netcode everytime it was brought up....

As long as they don't SCIIHD the netcode we're good

@The Spoiler Have you ever noticed how Arcade version of Tekken has those huge ass lag spikes? That's caused by the *side select* which tbh I hope isn't in the console version.

GrayFoxPL

The netcode they are using between arcades in specific closed environment have little to do with world internet with countless custom online configurations people have.

They are keeping quiet about online. They are not doing any online betas to test "new" netcodes. I suspect this all means they are using old Tag2 netcode.
Revo had bit different netcode but it also had disconnect glitch at start of the round, so better not use that shit.

Are we at that point in time when people saying TTT2's Netcode isn't good......cuz I swear people swore by TTT2's netcode everytime it was brought up....

As long as they don't SCIIHD the netcode we're good

@The Spoiler Have you ever noticed how Arcade version of Tekken has those huge ass lag spikes? That's caused by the *side select* which tbh I hope isn't in the console version.

Ahh, so it's only if it has that mode where you can pick your side, right?

What? Tag 2's online is one of the best ever. Tekken 7 was built from the ground up to work online & the online has been patched & updated during it's time there. I would honestly be shocked if Tekken 7's online sucked.

Top Bottom