• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Trickster

Playing as mercy, litterally doing the shift tether in to do a 3 man rez, and I get hooked by roadhog mid tether.

Then get flamed by our Zarya for being a bad mercy for not rezzing.

Was pretty happy to explain to him the situation and tell him to shut the fuck up

0-3 now by trying to fill. Time to just pick whatever the fuck I want

anaslexy

I have a couple of good Pharrahs on my friends list and starting to learn pharmercy. My SR increased by 250 in a couple of hours!

I was a DPS player and I'm really enjoying healing especially since I'm winning. My SR gains have been between 25- 39 so I would say that this issue about healers not getting enough SR doesn't seem valid.

THIS is the the way to gain SR people, if you are a silver like me. I believe pharmercy doesn't work in platinum and above.

Apathy

every day my belief that widow as a sniper being a mistake to the game continues to get stronger. Even to the point where I'd rather have a hanzo main

fuck everyone that even thinks of using widow, you aren't kephrii, you never will be, and shes never going to be important to the meta.

was doing qp as lucio defending on route 66. i was so close to getting 5 medals. just needed elim. but they got smart and started killing me.

it was weird considering we had a reaper too lulz rip.

JHall

Blizzard needs to figure out a system that distinguishes between disconnects and quits. Final fight of the game I get a server disconnect; get back into Overwatch to see that my team won and I have a 10 minute ban because of a server error. I just effectively lost 80 points (30 from that win and 50 from the DC).

I consistently think this is because they don't understand how to use her shield effectively.

Yes. I quit D.Va when the nerf came in. I was a D.Va/ Lucio main. I played her like she was Winston. Dive into the back line, kill squishies, pop DM when shit hit the fan until my Boost was off CD, fly off to a health pack. Rinse and repeat.
I was out of mech almost instantly after the nerf.

Since the nerf I've mained Zen, with an occasional situational Rein. It's taught me so much about positioning, shielding, and protecting my supports. I played her a few days ago for the first time in months on a whim. I was completely different in how I played her, just naturally. I was suddenly an anti-flanker, off-angle, temporary anchor tank. I took out so many Genjis and Tracers and Sombras. I DMed a couple Ults outright(eat it, Ice Succubus), fully blocked a few more (take a bow, impotent Edge Lord) and saved my adventures for Hanzos, Widows, and Pharahs.

It was glorious, and my stats were otherworldly. I may have to play her instead of Winston when off-tank is called for. Unless there's a Zarya. Fuck Zarya, now and forever. Amen.

every day my belief that widow as a sniper being a mistake to the game continues to get stronger. Even to the point where I'd rather have a hanzo main

fuck everyone that even thinks of using widow, you aren't kephrii, you never will be, and shes never going to be important to the meta.

I have always felt this way, but I've seen a serious turnaround in the game-sense of the Widows in my games recently. They've gotten on the point, come to the edge to get an Orb, even bodyguarded me when the flankers went after my Zen. All it took was Orbing them as we left Spawn the first time. Does wonders to their feeling of belonging, I guess.

Sande

Blizzard needs to figure out a system that distinguishes between disconnects and quits. Final fight of the game I get a server disconnect; get back into Overwatch to see that my team won and I have a 10 minute ban because of a server error. I just effectively lost 80 points (30 from that win and 50 from the DC).
That's not possible, or more accurately, it makes no sense to implement. Rage quitters would just start pulling the plug instead of quitting out of the match.

I don't think you should get a loss though if you only miss like 1 or 2 minutes of a game your team wins.

JHall

That's not possible, or more accurately, it makes no sense to implement. Rage quitters would just start pulling the plug instead of quitting out of the match.

I don't think you should get a loss though if you only miss like 1 or 2 minutes of a game your team wins.

I shouldn't lose 80 because of a DC.

Edit: That made me drop out of GM when I was close to my season high. I'm slightly salty.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The longer a competitive season goes the more people fuck around. Honestly if you reach the next rank you should be locked into and forced to git gud instead of dragging everyone else down.

Either that or force these boosted asses to buy yet another account.

The longer a competitive season goes the more people fuck around. Honestly if you reach the next rank you should be locked into and forced to git gud instead of dragging everyone else down.

Either that or force these boosted asses to buy yet another account.

Hearthstone recently made the great decision to lock people in every 5 ranks they gain. Overwatch should do it every 500 points.

Sande

I shouldn't lose 80 because of a DC.

Edit: That made me drop out of GM when I was close to my season high. I'm slightly salty.
Yeah it's definitely bullshit that you get full punishment even when you come back asap because the match already ended.

The system needs more nuance than "Were they in the match when it ended? No? Fuck 'em."

Like you can't climb?
Like you can't drop.

Like you can't climb?
You can't fall.

So if I hit rank 10 in Hearthstone (rank 1 is second best, followed by legendary), I can't go back down to rank 11 no matter how much I lose. It means you can kind of chill and not be stressed with every match you play, and it creates a more defined skill structure.

You can't fall.

So if I hit rank 10 in Hearthstone (rank 1 is second best, followed by legendary), I can't go back down to rank 11 no matter how much I lose. It means you can kind of chill and not be stressed with every match you play, and it creates a more defined skill structure.

Oh okay. Thanks.

Hey all, I've taken up to doing vod reviews - primarily for tank players but I can also do others. I just did one for Cybernaton in the Discord, and I think it went very well. Apparently they are rather in depth because I went on for like 52 minutes lol. I didn't mean to, but what can you do?

If anyone would like to send one in I would be more than happy to do a review for you. I have reached Master level on tanks peaking at ~3800. I am trying to get into reviewing/casting so any material I can help with will benefit myself as well.

Here's the review in case anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhRfQIDJTI

And PSA: Turn on the kill feed.

23kRlbs.jpg

Gurrry

You can't fall.

That sounds like heaven. Im really not sure why they didnt take this approach to begin with considering the feel good nature of the rest of the game.

I like the changes they made to the ranked system this season, but I still think the whole system needs a rework honestly.

Owzers

Yea but you lost the fight.

Same to you! He was cool.

I had a blast stretching my Tracer legs.

Also tonight had a small stack of Owzers, ND, Jam, and I. We did well. Closed out the night 4-2 with a new season high. Diamond is close...
You left, we stayed, the randoms....so much worse.

I can't play this game anymore. The refusal of players to adapt to situations or make picks to help a winning cause is too annoying and has ruined the fun for me. I am beyond tired of losing games because a simple decision that could have greatly helped matters was ignored.

I'm going to uninstall it from both my pc and ps4 and will live blissfully unaware of the millions of idiots who stick with Junkrat as the enemy Pharah wipes out the team over and over again. I'll sleep better at night not having dealt with the Hanzo main who stands 50 feet away from a capture point, impotently flinging arrows as the enemy team captures with zero contest.

I can't play this game anymore. The refusal of players to adapt to situations or make picks to help a winning cause is too annoying and has ruined the fun for me. I am beyond tired of losing games because a simple decision that could have greatly helped matters was ignored.

I'm going to uninstall it from both my pc and ps4 and will live blissfully unaware of the millions of idiots who stick with Junkrat as the enemy Pharah wipes out the team over and over again. I'll sleep better at night not having dealt with the Hanzo main who stands 50 feet away from a capture point, impotently flinging arrows as the enemy team captures with zero contest.

But that Junkrat has gold damage.

Gurrry

I stopped playing for around 2 months or so and came back only to play quick play. I found myself enjoying the game again.

I eventually got back into comp, and I take it less seriously now when I lose.

Just give it a break and come back after a few weeks or more.

randome

Fuck...my connection dropped twice tonight despite never having done so EVER before. I lost 100 SR total. That took me so long to get. :(

Apathy

Man i really love playing new lucio. I still have no idea what the hell blizzard was thinking. Until they come to their senses, I'm gonna enjoy booping like crazy

Trickster

Feel like my luck with lootboxes this event is abysmally bad. 37 lootboxes, 3 legendaries total, with only 1 being from the event...Even a good percentage of the event items I've gotten have been duplicates. It's really making the event feel unfun

Forgot to mention Jam had a fantastic block with his Zarya on one of the games. I forget it exactly but saved my ass by stepping inbetween me and whatever was going on.

jviggy43

But that Junkrat has gold damage.
I Love when people try to legitimate a bad pick by throwing the gold damage argument out. Like cool, most useless stat ever.
Man i really love playing new lucio. I still have no idea what the hell blizzard was thinking. Until they come to their senses, I'm gonna enjoy booping like crazy
I seriously cannot believe they thought this was a good idea. I can literally jump into a 6 stack by myself, jump around and just skate away like it's not a big deal at all. I haven't read why but have they stated why they felt compelled to buff a character that was already in every single game anyway?

Ferga

I'm at that point where I've played so many master games that I've gotten use to their player movement.

The moment I touch quick play, I just can't hit shit since everyone just moves sporadically with no discernible pattern. They can't even aim doing that

Top Bottom