• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Make all the barriers that lead to outside indestructible until the round actually starts. Problem solved.

Castle will be devastated.

Pixel peaks are hard to beat too given how guns work in this game. Basically, if you're holding a tight angle and peaking one pixel, you'll see them just barely and can hit them but everyone else will see you hitting the window frame or door frame. Which results in no tracers being seen by the other side.

It's an issue of the person shooting basically seeing the bullets going out of their scope, vs everyone else seeing them coming from their gun. Ubisoft could change that, but then people would get frustrated over their bullets hitting frames when the scope shows them peaking outside. They could make some kind of indicator show up on the speaker's screen showing that their shots are being blocked, possibly.

I just think it ruins the game because the main focus is on breaching and room to room combat and running around outside and shooting through tiny holes at the spawn isn't in the spirit of the game. Another issue with combating it is that on the most common areas, there's so many options for defenders to bust open a wall and get a couple kills that it's way easier for them to get the cheeky kill than it is for defenders to predict/spot out the attack and counter it.

KodaRuss

I feel like I or my teammates are getting spawn killed way more than usual. Like it's too easy just to cheese a couple kills on the attackers. I don't know what they could do to mitigate that though. Some spawns are super susceptible to it.

I find that the higher the ranks of the opposing team the more you see it. It is pretty avoidable in most situations though.

I find that the higher the ranks of the opposing team the more you see it. It is pretty avoidable in most situations though.
It is mostly avoidable. You just need to learn which spawns are the safest, and to look at windows as you approach. There are some approaches that are kind of death traps, and some peeks that are just super cheesy. They've patched out some of the worst ones by putting up obstructions.

As for higher ranks doing it more, I guess. At the same time higher ranks are also better at dealing with it. I'd argue that a high rank player going for peeks or jump outs is pretty much disrespecting his opponent. Usually it's Jaeger who if he wants to do all his reinforcements, put down his barbed wire and set up his ADS won't have time to do a peek anyway. And you see that guy all the time, doesn't do his work in the prep round, gets counter-picked 3 seconds in, and puts you in a tough spot. Of course I'm often that guy... usually on Plane.

A lot of the time at higher ranks the spawn battles are pretty much consensual. I spawn Police Line on Consulate all the time wanting to fight someone trying to peek from the piano room.

As I mentioned before I think the biggest problem with spawn kills is the ability to jump out and rush certain spawns, and I think waiting 15 seconds before giving the defenders any time before being detected would do the trick.

This cheesy ass style of peek should be patched out entirely: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/28245615

Aside from that people just need to play smarter. Pick a spawn farther away from objective. Don't suicide your drone into the objective for scan points, use it to catch roamers going towards your spawn, and use it to drone yourself in once you do get up to the building safely. On plane always have someone park their drone outside that dual sided service entrance and call out anyone jumping out. And if you don't see one there, you probably want to aim at the wing entrance as you start your approach while minimizing your exposure to the meeting hall door in case they jump out there. Or just spawn at the north side and you really only have to worry about that service entrance area, and if they jump out of there you can rappel up and spray anyone that's taking too long jumping out the other side.

And spawn peeks have recently gotten an indirect nerf with that Glaz thermal. That shit's real good.

KodaRuss

As for higher ranks doing it more, I guess. At the same time higher ranks are also better at dealing with it. I'd argue that a high rank player going for peeks or jump outs is pretty much disrespecting his opponent. Usually it's Jaeger who if he wants to do all his reinforcements, put down his barbed wire and set up his ADS won't have time to do a peek anyway. And you see that guy all the time, doesn't do his work in the prep round, gets counter-picked 3 seconds in, and puts you in a tough spot. Of course I'm often that guy... usually on Plane.

This part kind of annoys me as well. I play as Jaeger from time to time and I make it a point to put everything down in the room/halls that I have. 2x Reinforcements, 2x barbwires and 3x ADS you might have 5 seconds left to do whatever else you need to do in the prep phase.

However it is almost always a Jaeger Spawn Peeking because he has that ACOG. I wouldn't mind if they tried to limit leaving the building in the first 30 or so seconds of the game starting for defenders.

The same issues just seem to resurface every few weeks. I honestly can't imagine who tests each patch.

You still think anyone tests anything in this game?

Look at their Twitter feed. They're a bunch of snarky douchebags that respond sarcastically if you even bring up a legitimate problem.

Perineum

I have said this in the past, but everytime this game gets a patch it becomes so much worse.

Today was a testament to that as WINNING GAMES is now making me lose points in ranked.

G
FUCKING
G

Piece of shit developershitubshit.

I cannot believe how ass backwards these developers and publisher are. I'm sure they will fix this, but how in God's name does a bug of this magnitude not get caught? Do they even test crap? I would love if they did 2 week periods of a test realm before they throw patches out at us that make you lose ELO.

/endrant

If only they had some kind of place they could test their new updates on. Some kind of server that is used exclusively for testing to find these issues before the actual patch goes live for everyone...

OG Kush

Everyones NAT has gone Strict / Moderate, so, yes.

They're a joke. I've stopped playing the game for the past couple months due their incompetency, and also maybe just bit tired of the game as had been playing for a year.... but their shitty patches definitely didn't help and just cemented by decision not to play anymore.

andycapps

They're fixing the NAT issue today (on PC). Patches are coming for other platforms soon presumably. I assume they have to get those through Sony and MS.

Auctopus

My NAT Type didn't seem to cause an issue last for me last night, I played on both US and EU servers and didn't notice a problem. I could see how it would affect other people though.

I did notice the Kapkan thing, placing gadgets seems to be an increasingly frequent problem. I have issues placing Barbed Wire and Mutes already but Kapkan can no longer place traps on 50% of doorways.

If only they had some kind of place they could test their new updates on. Some kind of server that is used exclusively for testing to find these issues before the actual patch goes live for everyone...

Slow down there, Elon Musk!

andycapps

They're not even using it that way, which makes no sense to me. They're using it to test a bunch of different features that may be way down the road.

Battlegrounds, for example, has a test server that the new patch was on for the last several days until it was deployed today and that anyone could try. Why not do that?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Is there a way to bind crouch and prone to right stick like in battlefield or COD, I feel having it as B or O makes it clunky and removs the flow of the game

thenexus6

My NAT was totally busted earlier, it happens from time to time. I even went digging into m router settings but it seems it was the updates fault... Seems stable now though.

I'm ready for Siege 2 with a co-op campaign and hopefully more stable code base with a defined process for implementing and testing fixes.

Not picking on you but I hate this mentality.

This company does not deserve any success on a follow-up.

Fix what we all paid for first then we talk about sequels.

After these many months they have proven they have no intention of even releasing a "simple" patch without destroying everything else.

It's why I don't understand people throwing money at them for skins. I hope you have a huge imagination so you can imagine what the skins look like whilst you wait in matchmaking for 45 minutes.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I'm ready for Siege 2 with a co-op campaign and hopefully more stable code base with a defined process for implementing and testing fixes.

I'm with you.Tired of this game adding more bugs and bugs with every update. Their code is clearly a fucking mess. Is frustrating, and they are no capable of fixing the game with 1,5 years. Move to siege 2 with a good code and base for future updates not like this game.

TCRS

Banned
I remember a bug with that trap where I was helping a guy but that trap didn't destroy itself so then we both got trapped, lying on the floor. the third guy came to help us and got trapped himself as well. all three of us lying on the floor injured haha. looked so pathetic. the only enemy left came in and knifed all of us.

thenexus6

Although the community sucks and would hate this, I think it would be a cool idea to play a playlist like Mystery Heroes in Overwatch. Exactly the same thing but you are a random Operator every round.

Auctopus

Although the community sucks and would hate this, I think it would be a cool idea to play a playlist like Mystery Heroes in Overwatch. Exactly the same thing but you are a random Operator every round.

As long as this isn't Ranked, then I'm all for it. There's plenty of fun match ideas they could create. The problem is Ubisoft cant handle a functional Ranked Mode, nevermind some sort of "Arcade Mode".

Not picking on you but I hate this mentality.

This company does not deserve any success on a follow-up.

Fix what we all paid for first then we talk about sequels.

After these many months they have proven they have no intention of even releasing a "simple" patch without destroying everything else.

It's why I don't understand people throwing money at them for skins. I hope you have a huge imagination so you can imagine what the skins look like whilst you wait in matchmaking for 45 minutes.

I don't know if the issues are salvageable without reworking the foundation of the game and at that point you might as well make Siege 2 from a publisher standpoint. I'm no stranger to having my own coding changes break something completely different but the key is that you find it and you fix it and the user doesn't know shit about what happened because you didn't release code with known issues.

I don't know if the issues are salvageable without reworking the foundation of the game and at that point you might as well make Siege 2 from a publisher standpoint. I'm no stranger to having my own coding changes break something completely different but the key is that you find it and you fix it and the user doesn't know shit about what happened because you didn't release code with known issues.

Makes sense to me.

You're a better programmer than any of them.

LAM09

I love the quotes.

We shall see. I hope to play a bit this weekend.

We're at a stage were we just have hope patches do what they say, instead of expecting.

I honestly think the game is one of the best MP shooters in a long while, but it's plagued from top to bottom. The fact Ubi were discussing 50+ operators on this game is farcical in it's current state.

We're at a stage were we just have hope patches do what they say, instead of expecting.

I honestly think the game is one of the best MP shooters in a long while, but it's plagued from top to bottom. The fact Ubi were discussing 50+ operators on this game is farcical in it's current state.

Totally agree. Like I've said a dozen times before, I love this game. It's just unfortunate that idiots made it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
just got the game so brand new, can anyone suggest a good verticle and horizontal sensitivity, ads sensitivity and also deadzones for ps4. When playing I feel the movements are a little sparatic

Played on PS4 quite a bit. Built a PC not too long ago and I want to get it for PC. Is there an option for me to buy the game with all of the year one operators unlocked?

Top Bottom