• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

cabot

Hey Ultron-san!

What are your thoughts on Squidyj's early day role claim on day 1? Also on the general feel of the game because...

Oh... ummm, I suppose that's possible for this game.

#NeverForget

Though I did like the twist, town was going back and forth on that one.

Cewyn, give me all your opinions on Dragonz right now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You willing to die on that hill? lynching one of the most active players on Day 1 is a biggie.

Lynching inactives is a scum move, MiniMaf taught me that.

cabot

Lynching inactives is a scum move, MiniMaf taught me that.

Lynching inactives is a thing. It's safe, but it's hardly a direct scumtell.

We've had games recently where not lynching inactives led to town failures.

Day 1 is about the best time to push an inactive lynch. It's about the worst time to push an active lynch, Dragonz is besting me in posts for God's sake.

You say it yourself, shes prodding and posting a lot, this is the day phase with the least good information, and you're willing to kill her here?

This makes me sick.

ultron87

Hey Ultron-san!

What are your thoughts on Squidyj's early day role claim on day 1? Also on the general feel of the game because...

I don't really take much stock in it either way till we get receipts tomorrow. As I said here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=234312541#post234312541.

Game feels normal. Got a few town leaders doing poking, with the generally expected range of activity levels from the group as a whole. Some people participating, some slinking. Ya know. Things should pick up here with the last day approaching.

Dragonz coming in with her vote after my vote on Sparks was somewhat surprising, I must say.

Palmer_v1

Speaking of inactive players, do you guys think that hatmoza's absence so far could perhaps be intentional?

It's always hard to say with new players. There could be a totally valid reason they're not posting, but we don't know. It's why I try to stop in to warn people if I expect to be absent for a significant portion of a phase, and particularly if it's the last few hours of a phase, since that is when shit goes sideways.

Doubt it, but its inactivity is so strong, I think a replacement is likely, so voting there is fruitless.

Right. I won't vote out someone being replaced.

cabot

I am prepared to claim if I have to, obviously, flavor and all, but I won't do it at the moment.

For everyone, please don't claim unless you're the clear lead and we're getting close to deadline.

Unless you claim like Dragonz did in Bar, that gave me a dark laugh in amongst the pain of moderating.

SkyOdin

Speaking of inactive players, do you guys think that hatmoza's absence so far could perhaps be intentional?
I doubt it. If hatmoza had made three or so posts, maybe, but it hasn't even shown up yet. My inclination is "has been completely distracted by real life and will likely be replaced next day phase".

Kevyt

The first one you sloth.

Well... okay. Sure you want me to write a whole report on my immediate assesment on Dragonz, I mean I can do that. It's totally fine. I can give you such thing you ask in a timely fashion, you asked nicely "give it to me right now" and I suppose I have to do it.

Or maybe I just need more time to fully assemble my thoughts and write said report as you requested and you're just playing a very bossy role mandating me over as your PA...

Well boss, I don't have to take it, and you're just gonna have to wait until I am ready to give you all of my opinions on Dragonz.

I'll just sit on my desk and work on other opinions I have of other players that are not Dragonz
S6AVQF5.gif

so yeah, you're just gonna have to wait.

I am prepared to claim if I have to, obviously, flavor and all, but I won't do it at the moment.

Feeling pressured to or ???

cabot

Well... okay. Sure you want me to write a whole report on my immediate assesment on Dragonz, I mean I can do that. It's totally fine. I can give you such thing you ask in a timely fashion, you asked nicely "give it to me right now" and I suppose I have to do it.

Or maybe I just need more time to fully assemble my thoughts and write said report as you requested and you're just playing a very bossy role mandating me over as your PA...

Well boss, I don't have to take it, and you're just gonna have to wait until I am ready to give you all of my opinions on Dragonz.

I'll just sit on my desk and work on other opinions I have of other players that are not Dragonz
S6AVQF5.gif

so yeah, you're just gonna have to wait.

Wow, that was a long post simply just to say 'No.'

Not gonna lie, my TheExodu5 vote has stopped me from voting like three people so far.

Haly

23 players is too much I prefer smaller games.

oreomunsta - Good start for a new player. Active, asking questions, quickly grasping the game, competent read post here

Nomadic Sparks - Firmly on no lynch, feels less scum than it is "town who's inexperienced", OMGUS'd WMD which is again in line with inexperienced town

hatmoza - Where is he?

hey_monkey - Getting her bearings on the game. Seems town so far, just not very aggressive town

rac - Maybe it's the lack of capitalization or maybe it's because he's a dota player but I can't give him the benefit of the doubt, neutral-scummy

30yearsofhurt - Seems like he has experience from elsewhere but he, like Nomadic and Poltergust are too concerned with saving innocent town, neutralish so far

Poltergust - Hey, crazy idea. Polter and Nomadic are both scum pushing no-lynch. Would be insane but it'd fit the evidence. Anyway he seems town so far, doing Day 1 new town things. Asking Day 1 new town questions.

Bowlie - Seems neutral-y/coast-y. No vote yet is the worrying part

SkyOdin - Asking questions aggressively and with great detail, pretty firmly town

Palmer_v1 - D1 Palmer play

ultron87 - I regret not killing him in Animal Crossing all those years ago (literally, it's been years), anyway he's honest at least, this pseudo-coasting D1 is consistent for him (neutral)

cabot - fuck you cabot your favourite anime is SHIT (town)

Zubz - Lots of mechanics talk but otherwise OK - town

Dusk Soldier - Uuuh, what? town-neutral

Cewyn - Sloth is playing pretty well compared to what I remember of him from Archer. I don't agree with the squidy vote but he has his reasons

BlackBuzzard - Super aggressive, but feels town. Seems like a clone of squidy

squidyj - FUCK YOU SQUIDY COWBOY BEBOP IS OVERRATED (town but then again I thought he was town when he was scum so maybe he's scum after all????)

TheExodu5 - Coasting, neutral-scum

WhereAreMahDragonz - WMD is an interesting case, being one of the post leaders. She has equal parts fluff but also content and is like a tentacle monster reaching out to touch all of us in our no-no places. Usually, I'd read this as town, but after getting double lariated by CzarTim and Squidyj, and knowing WMD's experience, I can't help but feel discomfort at this. Town-scum, if such a read is possible

Swamped - Low activity but solid posts, town

StanleyPalmtree - Ditto

Kyanrute - Seems to have stepped up his game from MiniMaf, feel good about him for now
Dragonz coming in with her vote after my vote on Sparks was somewhat surprising, I must say.

Yeah this was the thing for me. Really felt like a blood-in-the-water move.

Haly

You have as many posts as WMD (which is a surprise, I checked) but pretty much all your posts are scumhunting so, yeah, feels town.

You say it yourself, shes prodding and posting a lot, this is the day phase with the least good information, and you're willing to kill her here?

My usual course of action is to wait and see and maybe lynch an inactive and this never ever works so I might as well try something new.

Haly

That said my vote isn't a super lock WMD so, like, don't claim too soon.

SkyOdin

Still going back and forth through the thread to get my thoughts in order after catching back up this morning.

Hmmmmm...

Damnit!

*sigh* This is what I get for relying on my memory instead of going back to double-check things. Just don't lynch me over it this time, please.

Swamped

Banned
Not sure if my rac vote is valid anymore. I re-read some of his latest posts, and I think his questioning attitude is town-like, especially him questioning Palmer. Starting to lean town on him.

UNVOTE

I'll be looking over Haly, Bowlie, Oreo and Palmer soon-ish. I'll leave the super-high activity players until last, cos man that's going to be a lot of work to read through. I highly highly encourage everyone to put votes down soon - you don't have to commit to the vote, things may change of course. It's a lot harder to understand the end-of-day votes if people haven't been voting throughout the day phase though.

Going back and re-reading everything is really fascinating. Had not noticed how strongly cabot came out in the beginning. A LOT of accusations. Not sure if it's just poking with sticks for reactions/being provocative, but I'm starting to get a faint scum-feel. I don't want it, though. Give me a reason not to, because I like you.

Am feeling very town about SkyOdin (also early aggressive, but less chaotic than cabot, who seems to be wanting a rise out of folks, more helpful).

I am getting some vibes about 30years and Swamped together. They agreed early on and there didn't seem to be any basis for it.

cabot

Going back and re-reading everything is really fascinating. Had not noticed how strongly cabot came out in the beginning. A LOT of accusations. Not sure if it's just poking with sticks for reactions/being provocative, but I'm starting to get a faint scum-feel. I don't want it, though. Give me a reason not to, because I like you.

Nope, this is my game.

What you see is what you get. Judge accordingly.

Preliminary early real-vote:

Vote: Dusk Solider

A lot of people are going back and forth, erratic or pushing, but even with cabot, who is questioning and pushing, it doesn't feel overly aggressive. Dusk Soldier is working a strategy of some sort - it's more consistent than the others. So I'm voting.

SkyOdin

Since the current talk is Dragonz versus Nomadic Sparks, I will weigh in a bit.

My first thought is that I doubt that they are both scum. They could be, since two scum attacking each other to distance themselves from each other is a classic scum tactic that has worked well in the past. However, it doesn't strike me as a good idea on Day 1 when it can easily result in one of the two getting lynched by a town with no solid leads. Furthermore, their interaction lacks the... ferocity I would expect from two scum bussing each other. That is just my gut feeling though.

If I had to pick, I would lean towards wherearemydragonz as being slightly more scummy to me. Her quick threat to claim just doesn't look good. The quick counter-vote on Nomadic Sparks also makes her look overly defensive.

On the other hand, I agree with cabot that lynching the thread's most active poster on Day 1 probably isn't a good move. Dragonz doesn't give me the strong scum-hiding-as-town-leader vibes I got from scum-Sorian during Batman Mafia, for example.

So I am currently inclined to say that they are two town who are at each other's throats because we are short on good leads at the moment.

To create a new avenue of discussion, I will vote for someone else.

Vote: zubz

While half the thread is guilty of getting sidelined by mechanics chat last night, you in particular went all in on it. You were not the start of the talk, and you can't even be blamed for getting the ball rolling on it, but you made a bunch of big posts getting into wild speculation on lovers/harem/cupid stuff. I can understand getting into mechanics speculation, but that was some wild speculation.

Your other posts last night also came across as rather fluffy, which doesn't help my read of you.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF - I checked the spelling and still screwed it up.
(﹡ᵗ ᵔ ᵗ ﹡)

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Since the current talk is Dragonz versus Nomadic Sparks, I will weigh in a bit.

My first thought is that I doubt that they are both scum. They could be, since two scum attacking each other to distance themselves from each other is a classic scum tactic that has worked well in the past. However, it doesn't strike me as a good idea on Day 1 when it can easily result in one of the two getting lynched by a town with no solid leads. Furthermore, their interaction lacks the... ferocity I would expect from two scum bussing each other. That is just my gut feeling though.

If I had to pick, I would lean towards wherearemydragonz as being slightly more scummy to me. Her quick threat to claim just doesn't look good. The quick counter-vote on Nomadic Sparks also makes her look overly defensive.

On the other hand, I agree with cabot that lynching the thread's most active poster on Day 1 probably isn't a good move. Dragonz doesn't give me the strong scum-hiding-as-town-leader vibes I got from scum-Sorian during Batman Mafia, for example.

So I am currently inclined to say that they are two town who are at each other's throats because we are short on good leads at the moment.

To create a new avenue of discussion, I will vote for someone else.

Vote: zubz

While half the thread is guilty of getting sidelined by mechanics chat last night, you in particular went all in on it. You were not the start of the talk, and you can't even be blamed for getting the ball rolling on it, but you made a bunch of big posts getting into wild speculation on lovers/harem/cupid stuff. I can understand getting into mechanics speculation, but that was some wild speculation.

Your other posts last night also came across as rather fluffy, which doesn't help my read of you.

I agree with you on ALL of this - but it's why I'm not voting for zubz, which is interesting. Well, I don't think the scum-attacking-scum is Dragonz-senpai/Nomadic Sparks, but I do think that's happening in this game. I'm not done with my full re-read yet so I'm not certain, but I'm convinced we have scum working hard to divert us. Working harder than town, which has been pretty chaotic. Maybe too many different attempts from different angles to get a handle on things, while scum can be more aligned.

cabot

I haven't changed my stance on Zubz, he seems like a person eager to solve the game, and I'm glad he's around.

Wouldn't mind him posting a little more, though.

SkyOdin

I agree with you on ALL of this - but it's why I'm not voting for zubz, which is interesting. Well, I don't think the scum-attacking-scum is Dragonz-senpai/Nomadic Sparks, but I do think that's happening in this game. I'm not done with my full re-read yet so I'm not certain, but I'm convinced we have scum working hard to divert us. Working harder than town, which has been pretty chaotic. Maybe too many different attempts from different angles to get a handle on things, while scum can be more aligned.

Does that mean you think Dusk Soldier is picking a fight with fellow scum, or is a different set of people you have in mind?

Does that mean you think Dusk Soldier is picking a fight with fellow scum, or is a different set of people you have in mind?

I think it's others, but I'm not ready to make that accusation yet. I'm still sorting through who's being provocative and who's more targeted, but I feel certain there are scum working together to play us.

I think Dusk Soldier's just aggressive and I want to see a defense.

I haven't changed my stance on Zubz, he seems like a person eager to solve the game, and I'm glad he's around.

I agree. I get good feels from zubz. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

But since I can't quite get a read on you, I'm not sure how I should feel about that in light of this post. You're an interesting character, cabot.

Oh, are you talking about my claim? I didn't see it, gomen-nasai!

I'm not feeling pressured per se, but rather, I have seen games (Gafia 3 comes to mind) where people refused to claim when they were town and it was a large contributing factor as to why town lost.

I was scum then, but I'm town now, so I'm not going to make the same mistake.

cabot

I agree. I get good feels from zubz. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

But since I can't quite get a read on you, I'm not sure how I should feel about that in light of this post. You're an interesting character, cabot.

Why thanks, better than being a boring character.

Kevyt

Oh, are you talking about my claim? I didn't see it, gomen-nasai!

I'm not feeling pressured per se, but rather, I have seen games (Gafia 3 comes to mind) where people refused to claim when they were town and it was a large contributing factor as to why town lost.

I was scum then, but I'm town now, so I'm not going to make the same mistake.

Well this pretty much answers my question~

I wrote a lot about it yesterday in the analysis I made, but want to pitch in again.

Dragonz is a really hard read to me. If we lynch her, we may lynch a really strong scum player who's hiding in plain sight, but if she's Town, we may have nixxed one of our strongest Town players :/

I can't tell which way Dragonz is leaning right now now, but I do think that making a lynching call on her would be very good or very bad for Town, and there's no middle ground in between

Palmer_v1

One of my scum smokescreens is occupying town with mechanics talk so they're not as focused on actual scum hunting. Look at how much time I spent in MGS trying to figure out what the damn dolls did.

Problem is I also just legitimately like talking mechanics sometimes. At this juncture though, there's not enough for anything concrete..

Haly

In earlier times I would've been speculating wildly on genders but I'm trying to tone that down now.

I really want to talk about harems though. This is my sacrifice.

Palmer_v1

There are a few people that have jumped to the defense of other players in surprising ways. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to look into it more, I think.

Top Bottom