• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

squidyj (4)
Swamped 1152
Palmer_v1 1323
ultron87 1333
hey_monkey 1414

Kyanrute (3)
TheExodu5 1066 1448
Poltergust 1074
Dusk Soldier 1225
Blargonaut 1317
cabot 1475 1502

hey_monkey (1)
Swamped 1105 1152
WhereAreMahDragonz 1182
Palmer_v1 1245 1323

Blargonaut (1)
Kyanrute 1316

ultron87 (1)
squidyj 1041 1242
TheExodu5 1448

Cewyn (1)
cabot 1502

30yearsofhurt (1)
cabot 1271 1475
flatearthpandas 1462

StanleyPalmtree (1)
squidyj 1267

Bowlie (0): Palmer_v1 1088 1235

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): squidyj 1242 1267, hey_monkey 1252 1412

BlackBuzzard (0): cabot 1052 1271

Swamped (0): cabot 1042 1052

Poltergust (0): hey_monkey 1043 1252

No active vote for Day 2: 30yearsofhurt, BlackBuzzard, Cewyn, hatmoza, oreomunsta, rac, StanleyPalmtree

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 8, BlackBuzzard 21, Blargonaut 29, cabot 86, Cewyn 5, Dusk Soldier 17, flatearthpandas 6, hatmoza 11, hey_monkey 60, Kyanrute 54, oreomunsta 10, Palmer_v1 26, Poltergust 18, rac 11, squidyj 22, StanleyPalmtree 7, Swamped 12, TheExodu5 29, ultron87 9, WhereAreMahDragonz 25

Day 2 ends:
cya_1493326800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Forgot about the mandatory post count. If I don't make it, hopefully can get a pass for subbing in this day. I'm pretty beat from yesterday so may end up turning in a bit early and trying to make end of day.

General note, time zone makes day open and close difficult. I usually end up missing a few.

Not too much to add right now. Going to leave my vote for now but I did like 30ちゃん's response so will likely jump off. Definitely want to hear more from cerwyn but he's got a prod already. Forget who mentioned it earlier but we definitely got borked last season by inactive scum so not interested in letting inactives coast but at the moment. Not that I'm really considering him for a vote atm

Forgot about the mandatory post count. If I don't make it, hopefully can get a pass for subbing in this day. I'm pretty beat from yesterday so may end up turning in a bit early and trying to make end of day.

General note, time zone makes day open and close difficult. I usually end up missing a few.

Not too much to add right now. Going to leave my vote for now but I did like 30ちゃん's response so will likely jump off. Definitely want to hear more from cerwyn but he's got a prod already. Forget who mentioned it earlier but we definitely got borked last season by inactive scum so not interested in letting inactives coast but at the moment. Not that I'm really considering him for a vote atm

I have no idea what you are talking about ;)

*snip*

sigh, homework amirite? See, Palmer?

FEP, over here

1. What's your Role?
2. What's your Power(s)?
3. What's your Alignment?​

Separate reply post for each and that's it

All a part of the 計画 to raise my post count.
Vote: Cewyn

Since you're here though, any other thoughts?

I'm on my way out the door and haven't read as thoroughly as I'd like yet since last night, but my gut reaction to your catch-up post was that maybe we were wrong about your predecessor. I guess we'll see.

More later! Have some meetings and things.

rac

Banned
dusk calling out cabot and a kyan defense force
cabot voting for kyan afterwards
BB questioning it, going back through his posts im thinking strong town

for now i'll follow them since id rather not vote out either of the top lynches right now
VOTE: Dusk Soldier

rac

Banned
i do like the early claim though

instead of doing it at 4:59 kyan gives everyone time to evaluate their vote instead of forcing a town to get lynched at the end of day because of quick unvotes

Kyanrute

Had a chance to read Ultron and Swamped. Could see Ultron being scum. Nothing in day one really gave me a feel about one way or the other, so I am really looking at his claim and comparing the days against each other. In general I don't like how today played out and I am not just saying this because I got attention on me. Feels like the discussion has dried down a lot. Both Swamped and Ultron have been less contributing today compared to yesterday I feel like, but the contrast is more sharp with Swamped. Besides the contrast though, I don't really have anything against Swamped so I don't think she can be anything but a future lynch candidate at best for now. Could vote for Ultron though, the drop in content and the oddities about the claim make him strange enough.

Other things. I am somewhat curious about how Exo went from the convincing case of his to Ultron. The case what was built on nothing really apart from the assumption that it was correct. It was the right path to take, because he believed it to be the right path to take. There was nothing besides this and even after cabot and I at least pointed it out that his preference of lynching me over Ultron seems bit odd, logically, he stood his ground. And now, the stance has changed. Why? I contribute more. I am the less likely candidate out of the two of us because I have posted more or provided more content than Ultron. But in which details has Exo found common ground with me? He does not mention and his mentions of my apparent scumminess are out there. Ultron is the better lynch candidate because of unknown things I said.

This change feels artificial. The case against me and Ultron has felt like that right from the start. One might call it all, well, fluff.

VOTE: TheExodu5

Will be back at t-minus 2h at the earliest.

TheExodu5

Banned
I reevaluated my position after I went through all of the day 2 posts and made myself a reads list. I doubted my assumption and decided that Ultron's posting behavior was far more suspect than your own day 2. Your responses to my accusation felt more town aligned once you got past all of the "fluff" discussion.

If he flips scum, I'd still strongly consider my original assumption. But for now, my gut is telling me ultron is avoiding discussion to fly under the radar.

ultron87

Not really feeling kyan anymore. Still suspicious, but he's contributing to the point where I think ultron is a far better scum candidate at this point.

Ultron has reinforced his claim, but has done absolutely nothing else day 2. He isn't scum hunting at all and is happy just coasting along as long as he's not on the chopping block. So let's put the pressure back on.

Vote: ultron87

Not hunting scum, you say? But I've got Squidy right where I want him.

Kevyt

So much for that fucking prod.

Fine.
vote Cerwyn

Let's go, cerwynちゃん. You are my most aggressively neutral guy in this game. Want to get a feel for you. 話して

I'll take Cerwyn over Cewyn! lol

Someone pointed out that my username sounded welsh and upon a quick google translation look up, it was revealed to me my username means "Diapers"
in Welsh...

rpnVpuS.gif

:(

I reevaluated my position after I went through all of the day 2 posts and made myself a reads list. I doubted my assumption and decided that Ultron's posting behavior was far more suspect than your own day 2. Your responses to my accusation felt more town aligned once you got past all of the "fluff" discussion.

If he flips scum, I'd still strongly consider my original assumption. But for now, my gut is telling me ultron is avoiding discussion to fly under the radar.

Is there anything else more conclusive that makes you feel Ultron is flying under the radar and hence he is scum? Because it feels like that could be said about anyone.

I am not seeing anything particularly scummy about Ultron at this moment.

So a quick sort of run-down while I'm organizing my thoughts:

Suspected Dusk day one, was less certain day two, but the whole thing with cabot is definitely a feeling-some-kinda-way situation. Dusk seems to have faded back a little, too, which is maybe also suspicious? Regardless, not highest on my possible scum list.

I got nothing on Blarg at all. I do not dig it. I can at least get a sense of Kyan. Blarg, though, is just a ball of chaos - but a couple of astute remarks here and there. Of all the people to come in as a replacement! You're a tough one.

I agree with Swamped's take on squidy, which is part of why I jumped on that vote. squidy's one of the few I have some experience with - watching that second game of live maf go down because I was dead gave me a good chance to follow what people were doing and it seemed like squidy was working hard at looking very town (he was scum). But he was matching the others and that's how he hid. Is he doing the same thing here and matching the sort of strike and roll style we're seeing from a few players? Or is he just actually telling the truth? Without some answers to questions like Swamped, I'm inclined to think he's trying to hide in plain sight like before and so I lean scum.

But let me get this straight: right now we have ultron claiming a (maybe?) town PR. squidy claiming cop. Kyan claiming a nameless town PR.

They can't all be, right? I don't know how the numbers break down. Ultron felt like a legit claim and there's been a lot of discussion there I won't rehash. I don't like his day 2 absence but of these three, he's the one I feel like we've studied the most in terms of claim. I'm more interested in the other two. I have become slightly less suspicious of Kyan but I don't know that I buy the power claim.

I'm keeping my vote as-is for now. Cewyn is also a strong possibility for me. Not just for inactivity but for content when he does pop up - or lack thereof.

I don't feel for a Ultron lynch. He would have had to had his role claim pre empted and everything cause its against the rules to just copy paste. Like others have said its too strong as a scum power especially in the later days. Whats going against Ultron atm is that he didn't get NKed. On the other hand Skyodin was active and mostly town read by everyone, making him a prime target for NK and if in anyway he hinted at his PR then its all the more reason for scum to go for Odin's unknown PR then the weaker known one.

Don't you actually throw support to an ultron lynch with this statement? You say that ultron pulls a scum move, yet stays, while we lose Odin, a strong Town player

Just putting in my vote before I go to sleep. I'll try and wake up in time for the end of day 2.
As I said before I'm most sus on Kyan, Blarg/Haly and Poltergust.

Only one of these looks like getting up at this stage.

vote: Kyan

Good night peeps.

Poltergust's sudden silence certainly looks like someone told him to take it down a notch, I'll say.

Yeah, I still feel he has some info that can significantly sway the game, but I wouldn't read too much into inactivity over the day.

Life happens, and it can pull you out of the game for a while. Case in point - moi ( T-T)

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there anything else more conclusive that makes you feel Ultron is flying under the radar and hence he is scum? Because it feels like that could be said about anyone.

I am not seeing anything particularly scummy about Ultron at this moment.

He claimed a PR and everyone seemingly accepted him as town. If he were town, this is when he should be actively participating in the discussion since his opinion should be respected. Instead, he stays on the defensive day 2 doing nothing but reinforcing his claim.

And why are people so quick to say: his PR is too powerful for scum therefore he cannot be scum? If he's scum, there is no reason to trust his PR claim.

There's likely some truth in the claim: he's female and has a power that activates in death. As I pointed out earlier, this would be a very smart claim for a scum player since it makes us hesitant to lynch him.

Poltergust's sudden silence certainly looks like someone told him to take it down a notch, I'll say.

It's not that. I've been observing everyone's arguments but I don't feel like I had anything to contribute. My strongest read is still Kyanrute, although I can see myself agreeing with the Cewyn votes as well.

That said, I doubt I'm gonna change my vote unless something bonkers happens going into the final hours.

TheExodu5

Banned
I should also add: in the event that I'm wrong and ultron is telling the truth, it wouldn't be a huge blow to town since we'd still have his vote for the next day. Truth be told, I think he should have been lynched day 1 because of this. It would have been a very low risk lynch.

If he were telling the truth, he should have baited scum day 1 and gotten himself lynched. His defense was selfish and not in the best interest of town. If he were a new player I might give a pass for selfish behavior...but he's a veteran and I don't believe a town ultron would have been that selfish.

He's playing for his own survival. That just screams scum to me.

UNVOTE: Kyanrute

i do like the early claim though

instead of doing it at 4:59 kyan gives everyone time to evaluate their vote instead of forcing a town to get lynched at the end of day because of quick unvotes

implying that you know Kyan is scum.

i.e., saying that fall-person 2nd's somehow a Townie if Kyan had dropped an end-of-Day defensive claim instead and was mass-unvoted to let #2 take that elimination fall as a Townie, without tactfully damping the remark via unsurety, suggests implicit knowledge-by-association that Kyan is indeed scum! to sidestep before an absolute Townie's demise as such signifying a slipped collusion of his and yours, huh?

Palmer_v1

I lean more Neutral on Ultron at this point, but I still don't think he's scum. I have to catch up on the last 18 hours or so still, though. I'd still prefer to lynch squidyj first. I think he's scummier than Ultron, and his flip would help provide some info about Ultron and maybe others.

If Ultron ends up lynched anyway, and flips non-scum, we have to go after squidyj after that. No hesitation, no bullshit.

rac

Banned
UNVOTE: Kyanrute

implying that you know Kyan is scum.

i.e., saying that fall-person 2nd's somehow a Townie if Kyan had dropped an end-of-Day defensive claim instead and was mass-unvoted to let #2 take that elimination fall as a Townie, without tactfully damping the remark via unsurety, suggests implicit knowledge-by-association that Kyan is indeed scum! to sidestep before an absolute Townie's demise as such signifying a slipped collusion of his and yours, huh?

stole the words right from my mouth

It's not that. I've been observing everyone's arguments but I don't feel like I had anything to contribute. My strongest read is still Kyanrute, although I can see myself agreeing with the Cewyn votes as well.

That said, I doubt I'm gonna change my vote unless something bonkers happens going into the final hours.

So nothing that happened in the last day changed your feeling on Kyan at all in either direction? You've been here but have nothing to contribute?

I can't even find a way to read that as town.

------

Palmer: I absolutely agree with you re: ultron and squidy.

So nothing that happened in the last day changed your feeling on Kyan at all in either direction? You've been here but have nothing to contribute?

I can't even find a way to read that as town.

Kyan reads more of a scum to me after his vague PR claim, actually. I don't really buy it at all. He basically made himself more of a target for night kills while providing absolutely nothing of value to the town with that statement. I just don't see any reason for him to do that if he actually is town.

But, I feel like I'm stating the obvious here and my vote isn't going to shift, either. So, nothing has really changed.

cabot

I do agree that Kyan's timing on his claim isn't great, there's a difference between claiming 5 minutes before deadline and claiming many hours before deadline.

It's reckless play at best, weird threatening move to back off town at worst.

He couldn't account for how the votes would go, and he said he'd be around near deadline.

Kevyt

He claimed a PR and everyone seemingly accepted him as town. If he were town, this is when he should be actively participating in the discussion since his opinion should be respected. Instead, he stays on the defensive day 2 doing nothing but reinforcing his claim.

And why are people so quick to say: his PR is too powerful for scum therefore he cannot be scum? If he's scum, there is no reason to trust his PR claim.

There's likely some truth in the claim: he's female and has a power that activates in death. As I pointed out earlier, this would be a very smart claim for a scum player since it makes us hesitant to lynch him.

Are we sure that his PR claim is true though? Could just be fluff. Also, where does this fit in comparison to Squidyj's Cop claim? He has been on the defensive as well since his claim and if he lives through another night then that's quite interesting..

If Squidyj is indeed a cop and town, he doesn't really help town much and he might as well be Scum. I understand where your coming from as far as Ultron but I dare say that there are other suspects higher on that list than Ultron, such as Squidyj or even other more quiet players here. I'm not saying I disagree with you or your assessment of the situation, I think there is a strong possibility you are correct about your prediction. However, I am willing to give Ultron the benefit of the doubt, and that's just me... for now.

cabot

however this isnt Kyan's first weird PR play, in mini mafia 3 I remember a really dumb cop gambit he tried to pull, red checking someone other than who he actually red checked.

Kevyt

however this isnt Kyan's first weird PR play, in mini mafia 3 I remember a really dumb cop gambit he tried to pull, red checking someone other than who he actually red checked.

Hey Cabot!

I have the feeling you're just coasting by, and while you have been very active in the game, I am starting to become suspicious of you and your intentions. I admit that while the same can be said about me (and perhaps make a stronger case against myself) I can't help but think that you're just benefiting from all of this so I just don't know. I can't quite read you at this moment.

Kyan reads more of a scum to me after his vague PR claim, actually. I don't really buy it at all. He basically made himself more of a target for night kills while providing absolutely nothing of value to the town with that statement. I just don't see any reason for him to do that if he actually is town.

But, I feel like I'm stating the obvious here and my vote isn't going to shift, either. So, nothing has really changed.

It's not obvious. People are discussing it. People are working to hunt scum. What are you doing? Sitting back and watching? Hoping senpai does not notice you?

It's not obvious. People are discussing it. People are working to hunt scum. What are you doing? Sitting back and watching? Hoping senpai does not notice you?

No, I meant that my reasoning is obvious. Maybe there's some multilevel play going on here with Kyanrute and his PR claim, but I'm going to go with the simplest explanation for his actions.

TheExodu5

Banned
Are we sure that his PR claim is true though? Could just be fluff. Also, where does this fit in comparison to Squidyj's Cop claim? He has been on the defensive as well since his claim and if he lives through another night then that's quite interesting..

If Squidyj is indeed a cop and town, he doesn't really help town much and he might as well be Scum. I understand where your coming from as far as Ultron but I dare say that there are other suspects higher on that list than Ultron, such as Squidyj or even other more quiet players here. I'm not saying I disagree with you or your assessment of the situation, I think there is a strong possibility you are correct about your prediction. However, I am willing to give Ultron the benefit of the doubt, and that's just me... for now.

His claim and defense are all just: "I'm a cop". I still don't know if he's being serious or just playing out some weird gambit.

Just reread his posts. He was initially giving me a good feeling today, but looking back at it, that was just because he and I agreed on the same suspects: ultron and kyan. Besides that, you're right, he hasn't contributed anything. And his defense continues to be a non-defense.

Considering he wants to lynch kyan and ultron, I'm thinking that a squidy lynch is going to reveal a lot of information at this point.

I'm onboard.

vote: squidyj

The ONLY reason I can see to not lynch squidy is on the off-chance he's telling the truth, he comes back tomorrow with two checks. But if he's telling the truth, he's likely to be NKed.

Still keeping my vote. But I also absolutely think Poltergust is gaijin superhero scum.

Palmer_v1

Hey Cabot!

I have the feeling you're just coasting by, and while you have been very active in the game, I am starting to become suspicious of you and your intentions. I admit that while the same can be said about me (and perhaps make a stronger case against myself) I can't help but think that you're just benefiting from all of this so I just don't know. I can't quite read you at this moment.

What.jpg

Kevyt

The ONLY reason I can see to not lynch squidy is on the off-chance he's telling the truth, he comes back tomorrow with two checks. But if he's telling the truth, he's likely to be NKed.

Still keeping my vote. But I also absolutely think Poltergust is gaijin superhero scum.

That's something that I have considered. If Squidyj is indeed a cop and town, then he pretty much made his role obsolete in my humble opinion. Why? Well this benefits scum more than town in the sense that Squidyj's behavior makes him look suspicious in the eyes of many and pushing for a squidyj lynch benefits scum. Heck I think scum would be very smart to plant the seed of doubt on unknowing townies and possibly push for lynching Squidyj. Likewise, if this doesn't happen, it's only a matter of time for scum to target him. I would think the latter makes more sense since Squidyj can pull off quite the plays from time to time and he's a great player in my eyes.

I am rethinking my vote on Squidyj, but I might vote for him. I'm still making up my mind. Too bad there isn't much time left on the clock! (Yesterday was a very busy day for me unfortunately).

I can't English sometimes. Pardon me good sir~

Top Bottom