• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

squidyj

Fair enough, but in what scenario would Dusk's move have been a great play if he was Town? If you can think of one, then I'd ask why we didn't get that outcome. If the answer is, as Dusk himself puts it, he fucked up, then that can go either way by which we can equally say he fucked up as scum.

Another alternative is that he's some kind of neutral role that isn't aligned to town either, and so he's already proved himself as a danger in that regard

what I was expecting from a town dusk was

a. if he's lying he should make efforts to avoid a turbo. including keeping track of the vote count and trying to discourage turboing. He should reveal the deception before a mislynch occurs.

b. if he's telling the truth he should stick to his guns, if dusk had said "I don't know what happened guys, I checked kyan and got psylocke" I would have been less suspicious. He wouldn't have been cleared but he wouldn't get my vote today.

squidyj

Wow, thinking about a given scenario from a multitude of different perspectives.

Weird, right?

you voted for cabot and the only thing you've been doing the past 2 day phases is incredibly scummy stuff with dusk. Asking him to check you, buying into the shit he's spewing today. Its like your strategy of late has been "how can I look like i'm not thinking about the game at all regardless of my alignment?"

I've been at work all day and possibly I'm just stupid but I flat out don't understand what the significance of Psylocke is supposed to be? Did a quick reread and that seems to be where the weight is being put, but why?q

hatmoza

Dusk has no intentions of sharing his "actions" which means he's likely afraid to slip up. Only scum would be so cautious. Like I said, if you were town you would want to share information with us not hide it... Here let me show you how a PR town gives information.

I am tracker.
I tracked Squidy Night 1 and he didn't visit anyone
I tracked squidy to confirm/reject his cop claim

I tracked Cabot Night 2 and he didn't visit anyone
I wanted to invite him to my chat

I tracked Dusk Night 3 and he didn't visit anyone. Now ask yourselves. Why would a town be so vague about his night 3 actions after lying about his Night 2 actions if he wasn't a stinking scum filth?

I also have an Invite ability that let's me 1 time open up a private chat with a player I tracked. That player is Cabot.

VOTE: Dusk

Oh, nevermind. Reread the original claim. Had honestly forgotten Psylocke was supposed to be an xman name. If dusk would keep his own shit straight that would help. You claimed name cop, not role cop.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Dusk Soldier (8)
BlackBuzzard 2079
WhereAreMahDragonz 2080 2171
TheExodu5 2150
Kawl_USC 2176
squidyj 2178
ultron87 2180
Poltergust 2183
oreomunsta 2192
hatmoza 2205

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 2101 2178
rac 2112

cabot (1)
WhereAreMahDragonz 2190

No active vote for Day 4: 30yearsofhurt, cabot, Cewyn, Dusk Soldier, flatearthpandas, Swamped

Day 4 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 0, BlackBuzzard 5, cabot 18, Cewyn 2, Dusk Soldier 9, flatearthpandas 5, hatmoza 4, Kawl_USC 14, oreomunsta 4, Poltergust 13, rac 5, squidyj 19, Swamped 1, TheExodu5 4, ultron87 4, WhereAreMahDragonz 23

Day 4 ends:
cya_1494018000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

cabot

Wow, thinking about a given scenario from a multitude of different perspectives.

Weird, right?

One perspective brought up by the guy whos been lying all game.

OK, how about for example people who didnt really react at all to the claim, blindly accepted it? Scum had no reason to contest, the guy claimed a red check on a non-scum. Just sit back and enjoy the free lynch pie.

Let's look at the reactions from that perspective, shall we?

I was agnostic on Kyan before, but the bolded just reads like he's trying to sow the seeds of doubt on Dusk. I mean, all claimed cops are unconfirmed until they die. I feel like Dusk has said enough about his role. The best course of action is to lynch Kyan, that will tell us everything we need to know about Dusk. If Kyan flips town and we can't figure out what happened N2 after his flip (remember, Kyan is claiming PR) then Dusk is scum.

Don't claim a gender Dusk. Scum probably has a role that targets certain genders. Also remember that there is some creepy weeb out there building a harem.

VOTE: Kyanrute

Well shit.

unvote

Oh

probably not worthwhile arguing, since you're giving the guy who's been telling lies the entire time the benefit of the doubt.

Don't know how I can compete with that.

I will also confirm I am in a chat with hatmoza. Invited me on N2.

squidyj

did you and hatmoza share additional information like role names. I'm not asking you to repeat the information I just want to know what you've shared with each other.

cabot

the name of the chat gives hatmoza's character and show (most likely anyway, I never asked him to explicitly confirm)

I gave him my role and the show my character is on, not revealing the name to preserve my gender.

Day has ended. Majority has been reached at 9 votes. Please DO NOT POST from now on. Your gamerunner will deliver the result of the day soon.

DAY 4 VOTE TALLY:

Dusk Soldier (9)
BlackBuzzard 2079
WhereAreMahDragonz 2080 2171
TheExodu5 2150
Kawl_USC 2176
squidyj 2178
ultron87 2180
Poltergust 2183
oreomunsta 2192
hatmoza 2205
30yearsofhurt 2214

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 2101 2178
rac 2112

cabot (1)
WhereAreMahDragonz 2190

No active vote for Day 4: cabot, Cewyn, Dusk Soldier, flatearthpandas, Swamped

Day 4 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 5, BlackBuzzard 5, cabot 20, Cewyn 2, Dusk Soldier 9, flatearthpandas 5, hatmoza 4, Kawl_USC 14, oreomunsta 4, Poltergust 13, rac 5, squidyj 19, Swamped 1, TheExodu5 4, ultron87 4, WhereAreMahDragonz 23

Majority was reached at 9 votes

Your bear will deal with underlined players.

Burbeting

Banned
Due to how short the day phase was, there will be no prods given to players with little amount of posts, everyone get's a pass this time.

Burbeting

Banned
It was utter chaos... as soon as the Palmer's body was discovered, everyone entered a strange type of frenzy, jumping down on poor Dusk Soldier, and beating to death with sticks. Very cute and pink sticks, but sticks none the less.

Just few minutes was needed, and then Dusk Soldier was already dead.

Dusk Soldier has died

Dusk Soldier said:
Welcome to the fight against evil Gajin-superhero comics!

Your name is Revy from the anime Black Lagoon. You are the main gunfighter of the Lagoon Company, who can even dual wield guns. You also really should wear longer pants.

Your role is 1-shot Vigilante. That means that once during the game, you can kill someone with the command SHOOT: Player during a night phase. Remember that you only have one shot.

Also, your gender is Female.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Revy

Night 4 has started

cya_1493931600.png

Burbeting

Banned
EPISODE 5: MY EX IS AN ALIEN, AND THEY ARE ALSO IN LOVE WITH ME!

It was yet another regular morning in Anime Land, but for some reason nobody was even trying to find out, if someone was killed. For you see, all of the denizens in Anime land were glued to a television in the middle of the city centre. It was playing their favorite television show…

630x354_

We are now following contestant Roytheone, as he hangs around all alone in the beach…!

jones-beach-state-park.jpg

”But…! Someone else is apporaching Roy! Who… just who could it be? Oh! I can’t believe it!”

X9AL7Nz.jpg

”It’s Roytheone’s ex, El Topo! Look, Topo is approaching Roy! I wonder what they are going to say!”

- Roy…
- Topo…
- Roy… I want to have so much Ex with you… right now!
- I…

”Oh my, what will happen during this encounter? We will find out after these messages!

So the television turned back into advertising next season’s hottest anime LOVE LIVE!! ETERNAL!!! SUNSHINE MAXIMUS!!!

”Oh… Hatmoza is dead.”

One of the people lying on the floor watching the television was not actually watching, as they were dead all along.

”Looks like his power levels…. have dropped to zero. YEEEAAAAHH.”

”No, that’s not funny.”

hatmoza has been killed!

hatmoza said:
Welcome to the fight against evil Gajin-superhero comics!

Your name is Vegeta from the anime Dragon Ball Z. You are a sayian with immense powers, and surely your power level should be over 9000 by this time as well. You used to be evil for a short while, but now you are a pretty swell dude.

Your role is 3-Shot Tracker/1-shot gossip. You can track a player during a night with the command TRACK: Player. You will be told who your target visited that night. During one of these three nights, you can also use the command INVITE.
This command will invite your tracking target into a gossip chat with you, that lasts until one of you dies. The Invite command has to be used during a night you also use the TRACK command, and the invited player has to be the same one you
are tracking that night.

Also, your gender is Male.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Vegeta / 安らかに眠る

latest

Day 5 begins

cya_1494190800.png

Majority is 8

Kawl_USC

There really wasn't a super big reason for you to have claimed that yesterday hatmoza, dusk getting voted out was a foregone conclusion. But rip thanks for at least using your role properly and for town.

Dusk, your gambit has managed to claim 3 town PRs so congratulations on that one.

Kevyt

Vote: Cabot

Literally just coasting by the entire game and going with whatever anyone else is going.

However, I don't think it matters much at this point. I'm going to assume worst case scenario there's 4 scum left and a mislynch today will cost town the game...

cabot

Vote: Cabot

Literally just coasting by the entire game and going with whatever anyone else is going.

However, I don't think it matters much at this point. I'm going to assume worst case scenario there's 4 scum left and a mislynch today will cost town the game...

wheres that read list.

cabot

14 players remain, your theory is 4 scum remain.

mislynch, 13 players remain.

NK, 12 players remain.

4 v 8.

Blarg's role PM says 50% of living players are scum (click through to post to find win condition):

Blargonaut has died.

So, uh.

What?

TheExodu5

Banned
Aaaand another turbo.

I am calling scum on 30 at this point. Played the ignorant "better get my vote in before I get kicked from the game for low activity" card. Scum thought Dusk was a cop, and wanted to end the day before he could post his investigstions.

There's oreo as well. He was near the hammer for the last 2 lynches.

Swamped

Banned
Hatmoza played the PR role really well. Too bad he didn't catch anyone in the act. So i don't agree with Kawl there.

Did 30years accidentally end the day, or was it intentional?

I read through Cewyn's posts last night and i am leaning town on him. Squids and Cabot have really been harping on him. I want to think squid is town, but one thing I've noticed about Cabot is that he low-key throws shade at me, and then votes Cewyn after that. If Cabot flips scum I'd be more confident in my read of Cewyn.

I'll be playing on my phone this day phase, so bear with.

VOTE: Cabot

cabot

Swamped you've been the definition of uncommitted this entire game.

The post i quoted showed you were pretty clear with lynching Dusk if Kyan wasn't scum, then when the next Day came you along with Dragonz entertained his nonsense of voting for me.

Dragonz went so hard in, makes me townread more than scum, it was fairly insane.

You were stepping back, felt as if you were waiting for the tide to turn before getting involved yourself on my train, despite what you said previously.

VOTE: Swamped

cabot

My vote for cewyn was clearly a prod, I wasn't expecting a second hammer considering how the first one panned out.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped you've been the definition of uncommitted this entire game.

The post i quoted showed you were pretty clear with lynching Dusk if Kyan wasn't scum, then when the next Day came you along with Dragonz entertained his nonsense of voting for me.

Dragonz went so hard in, makes me townread more than scum, it was fairly insane.

You were stepping back, felt as if you were waiting for the tide to turn before getting involved yourself on my train, despite what you said previously.

VOTE: Swamped

No I'm afraid you haven't been reading my posts. I said I'd vote Dusk if the actions from N2 were cleared because of Kyan's flip. To me they weren't. So I had to think about why scum Dusk would pull what he pulled. I honestly believed he was an alignment cop, not role cop, and i thought that Psylocke thing was a gambit to draw out scum. So no, i didn't feel comfortable voting for Dusk. I knew scum had to be elsewhere.

Thanks for finally showing pouring your vote where your mouth is though. Funny that i had to point it out before you did.

cabot

All you've done this game is prod people while obfuscating your own vote patterns.

I was on ultron who I explained was my choice out of the main contenders day 1, unvoted to stop a tie at the time, I cemented on Dusk in Day 2, voted for Kyan on Day 3 and didn't vote on Day 4 cause there was a hammer less than a day after start.

I'd write about your opinions but you've flip flopped so much I've forgotten most of your stances.

Top Bottom