• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

I mean now that it has released you can watch any number of streamers, read reviews and see if it seems like you would like the game. Then, you can still return it (if you buy from steam) after trying it for a few hours and dont like it. Although if you watch videos you can tell within a few minutes if the game is for you or not.

I know what you are saying and I get it, but 99% of games dont have demos. I actually dont remember the last "Demo" I played. I guess the division beta would be it.

I do agree with you, demos after the release are kind of pointless to me at least, I know what I will like and dislike if I see gameplay so demos just serve as teaser before release most of the time.
Guess they're nice for people who love to experiment different games and they already have a demo so.. I dunno. Prey is good.

if Prey is so good then why aren't there Morgan Yu and Mimic Funko Pops like Disho2 has 😡

dishonored-2-funko-pop-bundle-pack-of-3.jpg

Vamphuntr

I also got a duplicate key for Prey 2006. PlayAsia replied saying they are out of stock, but asking for patience as they will try to get more.

I'm​ not sure if I should wait or go for another source. What if they can't get more keys?

I will wait for a while but it's obvious they don't have anymore and are clueless. My key has a 14 added to it because they probably thought they could add numbers to make it unique haha.

Teggy

if Prey is so good then why aren't there Morgan Yu and Mimic Funko Pops like Disho2 has 😡

Pretty much everyone in Prey is ugly. It's like they took the art style they use for gang members and other antagonists in Dishonored, but applied it to every character in the game.

PaulSane

Finally finished Trails FC, took me about 100 hours in total - got every achievement, and i'm pretty sure i've read at least 99% of all NPC dialogue, i was very thorough with this game, but it was well worth it. It would take less time if i was using speedhack from the start, spent ages running around talking to NPCs in the first half of the game :)
Usually, i play turn-based games on high difficulties - but in Trails, i feel like there is a little bit much randomness in combat - those "Guaranteed crit" and "+50 str" turns can really screw you over, even on normal. I was also fighting a certain boss for the achievement, and i think it took me almost 20 tries to beat it, only managed to do it when the turn order aligned in my favor. I'm all for a tactical combat, but when your tactics can be screwed by RNG, i prefer not to bother :p
I hear there are difficulty-specific achievements in 3rd, which displeases me greatly.
Time to start SC now, by the looks of things, it's quite a bit longer than FC, so i guess my gaming schedule for the next month is set.

Javier23

Banned
Yeah, I sure do love reading about how Spec Ops is all about the meta commentary on video games. I remember reading a post somewhere where the poster said that the developers deliberately made a mechanically mediocre game because it was supposed to prove some greater point about shooters. Like, the developers could have done it better, but they made a conscious design decision to implement sub par mechanics to prove a point. That was great. And then there's this implicit accusation that you were too dumb to appreciate this mediocre game that was actually brilliant because it was deliberately mediocre. That's some emperor's new clothes horseshit but sure, let's go with that.
Also, people saying MGSV is unfinished because... You know, the phantom pain and all. That Kojima guy sure is a genius!

Arthea

Finally finished Trails FC, took me about 100 hours in total - got every achievement, and i'm pretty sure i've read at least 99% of all NPC dialogue, i was very thorough with this game, but it was well worth it. It would take less time if i was using speedhack from the start, spent ages running around talking to NPCs in the first half of the game :)
Usually, i play turn-based games on high difficulties - but in Trails, i feel like there is a little bit much randomness in combat - those "Guaranteed crit" and "+50 str" turns can really screw you over, even on normal. I was also fighting a certain boss for the achievement, and i think it took me almost 20 tries to beat it, only managed to do it when the turn order aligned in my favor. I'm all for a tactical combat, but when your tactics can be screwed by RNG, i prefer not to bother :p
I hear there are difficulty-specific achievements in 3rd, which displeases me greatly.
Time to start SC now, by the looks of things, it's quite a bit longer than FC, so i guess my gaming schedule for the next month is set.

If you'll approach SC in the same way, it's almost twice as long, but still very much worth it, it's harder than FC though, there are some fights in there that are in no way fair, and for one of those you can't even prepare in any way. But! they are also optional, otoh if you want 100% that game, nothing is optional.

I just want to see people's reaction when Sega of Europe tweets something like the below:

http://www.animalhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20121102/black%20red%20flcl%20fooly%20cooly%20chibi%20simple%20background%20cats%20drawn%201280x1024%20wallpaper_www.animalhi.com_88.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

That would break internets
[SPOILER]
it also not going to happen[/SPOILER]

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think my eyes rolled out of my head as soon it registered that Spec Ops The Line was the 10th retelling of Heart of Darkness in media. It's not even the first video game edition of the story. It was just too on the nose for me.

Parsnip

I can't be the only one who thinks that all funko pops look like trash, right?

Started Mad Max yesterday. Seems okay. Only played for a bit but their take on the Batman combat doesn't feel very tight, seems serviceable enough to keep going though.

Anteater

Started Mad Max yesterday. Seems okay. Only played for a bit but their take on the Batman combat doesn't feel very tight, seems serviceable enough to keep going though.

It doesn't do anything super good so I guess what you see is what you'll get, but I really sorta liked driving through the wasteland and punching some dudes, or that I'm just a graphic whore that just really enjoyed the visuals

Nabs

It looks like the Elliot Quest update is out now:

header.jpg

Elliot Quest has been rebuilt from the ground up! This latest version is the first release of the C++ rewrite, which was done so we can add new features and continue to support the game.

In honor of these updates, and to thank the Steam community who have supported the game, we're discounting Elliot Quest by 25%. (Next week we will be raising the price to $14.99)

These updates are only for the PC build. Mac & Linux updates should be coming at some point in the future.

- Adds multiple save slots
- Adds Steam achievements
- Adds Steam Cloud Saves
- Adds Full controller support + multiple control modes (choose between 4 modes on the title screen)
- Adds Localization: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese
- Adds new hidden collectibles and a secret area (paintings from the console version)
- Lots of performance optimizations
- Lots of bug fixes
- Removes Windows XP support

*IMPORTANT* Unfortunately your existing save data will not work with the updated version. We are currently working on a tool that will export and convert the save data from the old version, which we are expecting to finish in about a month.

Aaron D.

Like no games have demos anymore, its not a huge deal

May not be a popular opinion, but between YouTube and Twitch, there isn't much need for demos anymore.

Virtually every release, from big AAA down to niche indie, will have dozens of people recording Let's Play videos showing off the game from start to finish.

If I'm on the fence, I only need to watch a little footage from sources I trust and enjoy to determine if a purchase is right for me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm glad to see Elliot Quest is getting an update. It's the best Zelda 2 type game out there, but it still had some flaws to it that have hopefully been fixed.

prudislav

isnt that the modder whose mod deletes som efiles if it detects modified dlls ???

Does this mean he has some spy stuff i his mods aswell that sends steamids or so?

MUnited83

For you.
Can you ELi5 how he would know?

NiEr Automata FAR fix ( Kaldaien mod that fixes a lot of issues with the games) recently got updated with a anti-piracy measure that checks if you own the game on Steam (or other valid license like family sharing)

Amzin

A few of the Funkopops are OK. I have the Ghost (wolf), and PipBoy ones and they're nice. I would agree that 99% of the human ones look dumb. I <3 the Ghost one though

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

16bit Trader -- MB-7C036F797069BE12 - Taken by Hakkelus
Dawn of War II Retribution Ultramarines DLC -- MB-9A683DB330948EB0
Iesabel -- MB-821AA8641F114FED - Taken by gaiadyne
VITATIO 2 -- MB-560EC11E99E2004F - Taken by Hakkelus

Lanrutcon

NiEr Automata FAR fix ( Kaldaien mod that fixes a lot of issues with the games) recently got updated with a anti-piracy measure that checks if you own the game on Steam (or other valid license like family sharing)

So a third party says it added an unsupported anti-piracy measure through a custom .dll, and claims it caught a (potentially multi) millionaire pirating a game? :p

I'm going to need to see some receipts here.

Bundle Stars has a pick-5-for-$1.49 bundle with only two games I wanted that I didn't already own (Californium and Replay), so you can grab the rest.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alphadia Genesis -- MB-FE6F4C42EBF749EF - Taken by Purkake4
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-FA16F6324E02AE7C - Taken by Zeeman
Stealth Inc 2 -- MB-529159B3491679BF - Taken by purseowner

MUnited83

For you.
So a third party says it added an unsupported anti-piracy measure through a custom .dll, and claims it caught a (potentially multi) millionaire pirating a game? :p

I'm going to need to see some receipts here.

I mean, the dude has a pretty lenghty list of mod fixes and a good reputation so I don't see why he would lie. The anti-piracy protection seems to be working too, as there have been people popping up in that thread that didn't own the game that encountered that exact measure.

Lanrutcon

I mean, the dude has a pretty lenghty list of mod fixes and a good reputation so I don't see why he would lie. The anti-piracy protection seems to be working too, as there have been people popping up in that thread that didn't own the game that encountered that exact measure.

Oh, I want to believe it...but it kinda reads like a supermarket tabloid story.

"Modder claims millionaire steals asian ass simulator"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom