• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

TheExodu5

Banned
Alao, ask yourself this: How did you view them before and after? Do you believe your view was manipulated as expected? Did this also change your view of anyone else?

cabot

We're no longer in the period to be speculating on neutrals. We must hit scum.

I also don't understand your logic of 'if kawl read target as_____ then _____"

Why should his read on the target determine the motive of the ability?

TheExodu5

Banned
Why should his read on the target determine the motive of the ability?

Because his likeliness to vote for that person in the first place would be dictated by his previous reads.

If scum thinks someone is on the chopping block and Kawl is likely to vote for them, then it's more likely that the power would be used defensively.

If Kawl townread them beforehand and there's no indication that he would vote for them, then it's more likely the power was used to manipulate Kawl's perspective.

Kawl_USC

Considering I had put out almost zero reads in day 3 or 4 due to the way the game progressed I don't think that's a really accurate lens to view it through exo. It doesn't matter how I read them but how other people would think I read them which I had provided very little data about.

Kawl_USC

Alao, ask yourself this: How did you view them before and after? Do you believe your view was manipulated as expected? Did this also change your view of anyone else?

I mean that second one is basic wifom. Kind of pointless to start spinning around and around. I'm trying to let it adjust my view on that person as little as possible.

Nah to the last part though.

TheExodu5

Banned
I mean that second one is basic wifom. Kind of pointless to start spinning around and around. I'm trying to let it adjust my view on that person as little as possible.

In that case, I suggest you keep the information to yourself and we move on. Otherwise we're going to spend days speculating on something that may be a complete dead end.

Kevyt

I must say all my scum reads have been wrong so far. Kudos to scum for being the most town-like, even more than me 👏👏👏

TheExodu5

Banned
Looking at rac's votes...theres almost nothing there.

D1 - poltergust
D2 - dusk
D3 - poltetgust...then unvote
D4 - poltergust
D5 - poltergust...then unvote when it's 4-3 for 30/polter

Show votes with minimal participation. Seemingly careful to never join a lynch train.
Tries to vote out Polter all game but suddenly backs off when Polter actually has a chance to be lynched? Nah, this doesn't make any sense. I'm leaning towards a Polter/rac scum duo. Really looks like a newbie scum bus.

Vote: rac

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

oreomunsta (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 2644
Kawl_USC 2652

WhereAreMahDragonz (2)
cabot 2615
squidyj 2657

rac (2)
Cewyn 2707
TheExodu5 2711

Poltergust (1)
flatearthpandas 2631

cabot (0): squidyj 2599 2657, TheExodu5 2605 2711

No active vote for Day 6: BlackBuzzard, oreomunsta, Poltergust, rac

Day 6 Postcount: BlackBuzzard 3, cabot 17, Cewyn 2, flatearthpandas 4, Kawl_USC 26, oreomunsta 10, Poltergust 9, rac 6, squidyj 6, TheExodu5 16, WhereAreMahDragonz 9

Day 6 ends:
cya_1494622800.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

roytheone

Attention players : since today is Burbs birthday, all players will be required to sing happy birthday. Not doing so will have the severe consequence of me being Dissapointed in you!

In that case, I suggest you keep the information to yourself and we move on. Otherwise we're going to spend days speculating on something that may be a complete dead end.

I don't know if I agree with this. While we shouldn't make it the priority of the time we have left today, knowing who Kawl for blocked against might be useful.

No one else has been blocked, either, have they?

Kawl_USC

I don't know if I agree with this. While we shouldn't make it the priority of the time we have left today, knowing who Kawl for blocked against might be useful.

No one else has been blocked, either, have they?
I'm becoming more inclined to not share it on the off chance that it was just for max wifom shenanigans. No point in having yalls minds fucked with too. I will shoulder the burden.

TheExodu5

Banned
Why have you been going after Polter all this time? And why did you finally decide to unvote him yesterday when he started getting a bit of traction?

I'm becoming more inclined to not share it on the off chance that it was just for max wifom shenanigans. No point in having yalls minds fucked with too. I will shoulder the burden.

Fair enough. I'm still curious, but you and exo are probably right that we'd end up going in circles over it

Gonna second Polt's nudge here

I got what I wanted and didn't pull the trigger

whoops

Rac, what is it that you wanted? Did the people you thought were good lynch candidates (disregarding what we know about their alignment now) end up getting lynched?

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

oreomunsta (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 2644
Kawl_USC 2652

WhereAreMahDragonz (2)
cabot 2615
squidyj 2657

rac (2)
Cewyn 2707
TheExodu5 2711

Poltergust (1)
flatearthpandas 2631

cabot (1)
squidyj 2599 2657
TheExodu5 2605 2711
rac 2723

No active vote for Day 6: BlackBuzzard, oreomunsta, Poltergust

Day 6 Postcount: BlackBuzzard 4, cabot 19, Cewyn 2, flatearthpandas 4, Kawl_USC 29, oreomunsta 15, Poltergust 12, rac 13, squidyj 7, TheExodu5 17, WhereAreMahDragonz 10

Day 6 ends:
cya_1494622800.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

Cewyn, BB, fep, dragonz?

can we get some thoughts for things other than your vote targets?

Exodu5 has always been a people pleaser but something about it this time is setting me off. Like he's posting a lot but I'm not really sure he's saying much and what he does say just strikes me as fluffy.

Polter and Rac going back and forth is interesting

I townread Kawl

Where has BB been all game? He's never really had a presence IMO

cabot

Exodu5 has always been a people pleaser but something about it this time is setting me off. Like he's posting a lot but I'm not really sure he's saying much and what he does say just strikes me as fluffy.

Polter and Rac going back and forth is interesting

I townread Kawl

Where has BB been all game? He's never really had a presence IMO

BB may not have had a presence but I feel he's been very clear with his views and i can understand his mentality most of the time.

What exactly do you read between Polter and rac and their interactions?

TheExodu5

Banned
Current reads:

Town
Cewyn
kawl
fep
BB
dragonz

Scum
rac
cabot
polter
squidy
oreo

rac's behavior doesn't make any sense and he's been coasting all game. Goes after Polter all game and backs off once the vote gets traction. I think he's being overly careful not to vote for any lynched townies...reads as a newbie scum to me. By association, I believe that Polter is scum because rac backed off on day 5.

cabot is ignoring all of this and is giving a vague "gut" reason as to why he doesn't want to vote for rac. He also was actively trying to lynch the neutral yesterday, which I believe was a defensive move to prevent scum from getting arsoned.

I'm nearly positive that squidy is holding out on being part of the harem. He's already admitted to being female so I'm sure Swamped targetted him. That's putting him on my scum list since I think scum didn't want to bring attention to the fact that they were trying to save themselves yesterday by lynching the neutral.

oreo has been very scummy in his voting and posting style. He was on the hammer for day 3 and 4 and has been overly defensive since then, calling anyone who votes for him scum.
Top town read is Kawl. The hold vote prevention thing just felt sincere and he didn't actually attempt to manipulate player views with this.

Second is Dragonz. I've found her play overly defensive since yesterday, but the meltdown felt like that of a frustrated townie. I don't find myself agreeing with her reads at all though.

BB has had a fairly positive impression on me since his reads seem to align with my own most of the time.

fep really hasn't posted much. He got really angry at Palmer after the monkey mislynch though...a bit too aggressive. Having played scum with fep before, his playstyle seems much less confident now, so I'm thinking he's town.

I'm nearly positive that squidy is holding out on being part of the harem. He's already admitted to being female so I'm sure Swamped targetted him. That's putting him on my scum list since I think scum didn't want to bring attention to the fact that they were trying to save themselves yesterday by lynching the neutral.

This stood out to me. If your logic is that squidyj is scum because he didn't reveal he was part of the harem, then shouldn't that mean that oreo and I should be town because we did?

I don't see any reason that scum would hide that with one person and then reveal that info to the town with two others instead of just keeping everyone quiet about it.

cabot

lol exo.

I made it pretty clear I was thinking it was an arsonist with a 3-person target.

Sorry I thought trying to stop a potential 5-kill night from happening was scummy.

cabot

rac has done a hell of a lot more than Cewyn in content and he's in your town list.

Please keep the reads consistent.

cabot

squidy on arsonist:

I'm not convinced this harem is an arson thing but in the case of an arsonist it's less risky to lynch suspicious individuals who have been doused because you limit the Arsonist's KP

Imagine you lynch a town player that hasn't been doused and then the Arsonist lights up. Now town is really far behind, but if they lynched a doused player who was susp for other reasons they limited KP and perhaps even delayed the ignite by changing the arsonist's math.

The more I think about it, the less I think the arsonist concept makes sense in this game and the less willing I am to chase the concept over other suspicious players like ultron swamped and dragonz.

No but I'd rather kill swamped or dragonz, or if we think slowing an arsonist down is a good idea we can lynch ultron.

I've felt a real inconsistency with swamped that reads like scum not really thinking about the game until they think they need to have some reads to show.

You're assuming you're going to hit the arsonist. if the reads are strong then you should go for strong reads. This is just a strategy to minimize risk but it's also not what I'm suggesting because I don't believe this harem is an arsonist thing.

also ended the day with his vote on Polt.

Please continue making things up without evidence.

Top Bottom