• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lupin The 3rd part 4 to air on Toonami, starting June 17th.

880c76d032a847cbed6b4dfda56c15ba1451340445_full.jpg

Been waiting for this. The first Toonami after my Spring classes conclude is gonna be good.

On the downside this is probably when HxH moves to midnight MST unless they surprise us by moving Tokyo Ghoul instead.

Very canny of them to get all the Geneon dub actors back.
I wonder if this will continue the recent trend of goofy Italian accents.
I've seen most of this show. Very fun, though I will say that the first stretch of episodes don't have as high production values as the rest.

Good news: Fuck yeah, Lupin Part 4

Bad news: Ratings might be mediocre

But this might the kind of obscure, hidden gem to attract curious watchers, so fingers crossed.

ckohler

Great news about Lupin!

I'll repost this week's podcast because B-Dubs called this in the news segment when we were discussing possible future shows (I'd recommended it in the past also)...

Episode 57 "Twilight Did It Better"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Imperial Bishop discuss possible new shows, Rick and Morty cameos, dubbed OPs, toilet training, AoT being better without Erin, Mother's Day, Lucifer's Nen, Space FDR, slugs, and more adorable tanks.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode057.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:01 Jack Marathon and New Shows Possibly Coming
0:11:27 Samurai Jack
0:20:55 Dragonball Super
0:31:07 Dragonball Z Kai
0:36:53 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:43:44 Tokyo Ghoul
0:56:48 Hunter x Hunter
1:06:45 Gundam Unicorn
1:08:58 Naruto Shippuden
1:14:12 Ghost in the Shell
1:15:15 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would imagine that expectations are quite low for Lupin Part 4 considering it is a pretty new series clocking in at 1:30 AM.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd been hoping they switch its and Tokyo Ghoul's time slot lol.

Unfortunately that seems to be doing well.
Much like all the other edgy shit that the average Toonami viewer likes.
IT'S NOT MATURE! IT'S STUPID! IT'S POORLY WRITTEN! GET SOME TASTE!

cntr

Banned
I mean, what were you guys expecting? HxH had to move down at some point, and better it be Lupin than a crappier show pushing it down.

The new Lupin III series has really fun individual episodes, but it also tries to have an overall story, and that is hot trash. It involves Leonardo DaVinci being cloned and him trying to take over the world, and it's played straight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The new Lupin III series has really fun individual episodes, but it also tries to have an overall story, and that is hot trash. It involves Leonardo DaVinci being cloned and him trying to take over the world, and it's played straight.

That sounds awesomely bad.

cntr

Banned
Sounds pretty good to me!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

So the writers are fans of the new Baki the Grappler manga.

cntr

Banned
Also, take HxH's later timeslot as an excuse to watch Ghost in the Shell.

Nen's just incredible math, after all.

Also, take HxH's later timeslot as an excuse to watch Ghost in the Shell.

Nen's just incredible math, after all.

And back when Naruto was airing after HxH last year, it actually had really good holdover viewer-wise. Assuming Lupin doesn't go the way Unicorn did, the back half of the block may end up pulling in better ratings.

Not only that but that was around the time where they were okay with having Naruto was at 12:30 and One Piece at 1:00.

The Toonami space just can't function like that anymore.

So yeah, not surprised. I expected this to happen. Whatever.

I still wonder if DeMarco pulls the plug on Naruto after the Pain arc is over. Issues of quality aside, Shippuden goes through a level a filler hell and padding that makes Bleach's final years look tame by comparison.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Great for Lupin! It gets kooky towards the end, but it's a fun series. I love the way modern Lupin series handle Zenigata, and it's always cool to see this classic gang figure how to work modern tech. Rebecca is also a fun enough character.

The series 50th anniversary.. eesh. It has to feel great as a creator, to see something you brought life to exist so long, and to be here to watch it. Cheers to Monkey Punch!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh thank god, Lupin is replacing Unicorn instead of more Gundam. Lupin should make for a great group watch.

....but crap, HxH most likely getting pushed to 2 a.m.....especially when in a month or two, I might have to switch work days & I won't be able to watch Lupin or HxH live with you guys, which is going to be so disappointing, especially with HxH getting so good lately.

Raxus

I am not even upset HxH is getting pushed to 2 if it means Lupin is its lead in. Gives people less reason to skip the last half of the block.

I am pretty excited. Lupin is always a fun group watch.
To be fair, Orochimaru did kill a dude, ripped his face off, and casually wore it around town to fool even his own sensei. That's pretty metal.
Don't get me started MetatronM.
That rant is still a looooong ways off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom