• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Swamped

Banned
I really think we should look at Launch, Oreo (nomadic), Sky, and Sawneeks/Vere. I'm really unsure about this acohrs lynch given his complete obliviousness. He thought the mod was joking about LL...

UNVOTE

Burbeting

Banned
Are we sure those are all the vanilla roleclaims?

I'm fairly sure nobody else has claimed vanilla at this point.

My worry now is that this game is actually structured like a normal game, and the role madness moniker comes from something else. In that case, the scum could have been able to limit the pool of possible PR considerably now.

Swamped

Banned
Why did you not say anything when BB and Dragonz both claimed vanilla too? There were 3 vanilla claims that point and lot of useless vanillaish roles, did you really think all of them were telling the truth?

Wouldn't letting town know you're vanilla at that point help them figure out who or how many are lying?

I only claim when I'm in danger of getting lynched, if there is sufficient proof that I caught a scum, or if I'm an x-shot and used all my shots. On D1 I wasn't getting lynched. I actually didn't even see their claims then lol. I am cautiously leaning town on BB though.

Dr. Worm

Banned
My worry now is that this game is actually structured like a normal game, and the role madness moniker comes from something else. In that case, the scum could have been able to limit the pool of possible PR considerably now.

That sounds like a bastard move, though?

I doubt that Sophia would state that a game is role madness without knowing the connotations associated with that - I know that at least I thought that it meant "everyone has a role," not "maybe slightly more roles than usual with weird mechanics." The former is how Arkham was billed, anyway.

Burbeting

Banned
That sounds like a bastard move, though?

I doubt that Sophia would state that a game is role madness without knowing the connotations associated with that - I know that at least I thought that it meant "everyone has a role," not "maybe slightly more roles than usual with weird mechanics." The former is how Arkham was billed, anyway.

That's what I thought too, but now we have had almost 25% of the playerbase claim a vanilla town, and then include an innocent child that is basically a confirmed vanilla, and a miller that is vanilla outside of countering cops to some degree.

Swamped

Banned
Ok I have to leave at 10am so...you have some 15 minutes to ask me stuff. I've given my reads. If Launch is scum I would also look at Monkey actually. His lack of questioning her is raising flags for me.

Burbeting

Banned
Ok I have to leave at 10am so...you have some 15 minutes to ask me stuff. I've given my reads. If Launch is scum I would also look at Monkey actually. His lack of questioning her is raising flags for me.

Give me a TL;DR why you think Launch is scum. I have had some worries about him.

That's fair and all, but I'll have you know, your roleclaim has fucked me up because I think I believe you.

Palmer_v1

So far, none of the claims or reveals were about pizza chains. Mine isn't. I know it's probably a stupid thing to latch on but I'm adding it as another reason that I'll keep my vote on Swamped. Also, claims to be another vanilla townie. That too.

Mine is not about any specific pizza chain.

That's what I thought too, but now we have had almost 25% of the playerbase claim a vanilla town, and then include an innocent child that is basically a confirmed vanilla, and a miller that is vanilla outside of countering cops to some degree.

i dont see how an innocent child and a miller count against this game being role-madness

Burbeting

Banned
i dont see how an innocent child and a miller count against this game being role-madness

They don't, but they are definitely some of the more "vanilla-like" power roles in that they don't have any other special circumstances other than just existing. The only thing both of these roles can do is vote, just like vanilla.

Swamped

Banned
Give me a TL;DR why you think Launch is scum. I have had some worries about him.

I was leaning scum on Moonkid initially, because he seemed to want to stay out of the fray on D1. Seemed very cautious. Launch replaced him. Maybe I am biased because I know what I did at the end of D1, but I feel like Launch placing too much emphasis on my actions and did not question others who were part of the fray as much. Also, he says he holds me in high regard (which is super nice I admit) but it's a convenient excuse to fall back on.

Palmer_v1 read.

I definitely town-read him on D1. I'm still town-reading him today. Posts like his #1505 feel very town to me, and were helpful.

Would you guys agree with my assessments here?
except of course me being confirmed town

ZcDyvdV.png

I was leaning scum on Moonkid initially, because he seemed to want to stay out of the fray on D1. Seemed very cautious. Launch replaced him. Maybe I am biased because I know what I did at the end of D1, but I feel like Launch placing too much emphasis on my actions and did not question others who were part of the fray as much. Also, he says he holds me in high regard (which is super nice I admit) but it's a convenient excuse to fall back on.

Before you go, give me a name on the bolded.

Palmer_v1

I just want to see her flip now. 4 Vanilla in role madness is not role madness. If this isn't role madness, my claim D1 was definitely in error.

Vote: Swamped

Lifeline

It's difficult to differentiate between a townie who is genuinely unsure about the situation, and a scum who is pretending to be. But this is what I look for in scummy wishy-washyness: someone who tries to argue both sides of an argument without making some sort of conclusion after

Some nice advice you got there Swamped, lets use it on your own posts.

Speaking of Palmer's claim - I could see an ordinary mafia goon making it if they were particularly brave. It would help explain why they are alive later in the game, and may prevent votes on them earlier in the game. However, Palmer isn't the sort of player who gets votes on him willy-nilly, so I don't see this as a scum gambit.

Arguing both sides: check

Still early in the game so things are subject to change but here are some reads.

Darryl - Right now, I can't say either way.

Wishy washy, no strong positions: check

Is he scum though? Could be. His one vote is on Natiko, a joke first vote. I don't see much actual scumhunting from him.

VOTE: acohrs

A safe vote on a inactive player, and of course saying he "could be" scum, no strong positions: check again

We don't have much time left. Have people considered an Acohrs vote?

Trying to start a bandwagon on someone who "could be" scum. Could be reads are people you vote for sure, but not people you try to start bandwagons on.

I don't like Oreo's responses to Monkey's questioning. "Between town and scum"? He didn't have a great reason for voting Sky, not in the running, especially at the time when votes were being thrown around.

Then again, Sky's vote on D1 was pretty rubbish too. Joke vote from the beginning of the day. He justified it later, saying that Oreo had only posted fluff.

Nice to see more arguing of both sides.

Regarding these 3 vanilla claims. The flavors are:

NBSP(?) little ceasars fan (BB)
THAT PERSON WHO ONLY EATS FROZEN PIZZA (Dragonz)
casual pizza lover who only has it like once a month - (paraphrased according to Palmer)

Could any of these be lying?

Why pose a question like that to town while withholding information that could not only get the wrong people lynched but also set up a chain lynch of townies?

1. Is it possible that one of Palmer, Dragonz or BB are lying?

Why one of them lying? With your claim, there might be two?

Scum wants to argue both sides so that when the time comes to vote, they can pick whatever is most convenient and fall back on a vague argument they previously made.

Sounds about right

Dr. Worm

Banned

Then maybe some portion of that 25% of the playerbase is lying.

If we accept that a Miller already makes this game at least a little bastard, then maybe a one-off that works like a lynch Janitor of sorts isn't too out of the question.

Burbeting

Banned
blackbuzzard (0)
dr. worm 640 (1477)
skyodin 708 (791)
lifeline 1318 (1673)

swamped (6)
launchpadmcq 650 (1670)
lifeline 657 (748)
isaacnukem 851 (855)
isaacnukem 855
lifeline 911 (1134)
darryl 1143
lifeline 1144 (1318)
blargonaut 1583
acohrs 1600
dr. worm 1637
palmer_v1 1667

dr. worm (0)
palmer_v1 659 (778)

burbeting (0)
darryl 697 (1143)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
lifeline 748 (911)

blargonaut (0)
palmer_v1 778 (1015)
30yearsofhurt 1198 (1525)
blargonaut 1204 (1218)

palmer_v1 (1)
blargonaut 849 (1019)
launchpadmcq 1670

isaacnukem (0)
hey_monkey 858 (910)
palmer_v1 1494 (1531)

oreomunsta (0)
blackbuzzard 872 (1071)

iaaacnukem (1)
wherearemahdragonz 885

acohrs (4)
hey_monkey 910
skyodin 1056
natiko 1225
blargonaut 1226 (1245)
swamped 1264 (1651)
stanleypalmtree 1598

natiko (0)
acohrs 960 (1600)
blargonaut 1245 (1583)

stanleypalmtree (1)
palmer_v1 1018 (1494)
burbeting 1130
lifeline 1134 (1144)

dr.worm (1)
blackbuzzard 1071

30yearsofhate (0)
palmer_v1 1531 (1558)

30yearsofhurt (0)
palmer_v1 1558 (1667)

launchpadmcq (2)
swamped 1668
lifeline 1673

Palmer_v1

Would you guys agree with my assessments here?
except of course me being confirmed town

I don't agree about some of the activity levels, for sure, but can't double check right now. Quick examples are blarg in high, monkey in medium, several of your bottom set of medium as well.

Swamped

Banned
Some nice advice you got there Swamped, lets use it on your own posts.

Arguing both sides: check

Wishy washy, no strong positions: check

A safe vote on a inactive player, and of course saying he "could be" scum, no strong positions: check again

Trying to start a bandwagon on someone who "could be" scum. Could be reads are people you vote for sure, but not people you try to start bandwagons on.

Nice to see more arguing of both sides.

Why pose a question like that to town while withholding information that could not only get the wrong people lynched but also set up a chain lynch of townies?

Why one of them lying? With your claim, there might be two?

Sounds about right

1. No. I listed the possibilities but I said Palmer wasn't scum
2. How is it not strong, I voted for him no?
3. Yes, I don't know for 100% who scum is. But obviously I want votes on my scum reads.
4. Well, I townread Palmer and Dragonz, and was unsure about BB not because of his claim, but because of other behaviour. He's a null read to me now.
5. Why 2?

Palmer_v1

1. No. I listed the possibilities but I said Palmer wasn't scum
2. How is it not strong, I voted for him no?
3. Yes, I don't know for 100% who scum is. But obviously I want votes on my scum reads.
4. Well, I townread Palmer and Dragonz, and was unsure about BB not because of his claim, but because of other behaviour. He's a null read to me now.
5. Why 2?

I'm probably not changing my vote off you, but no hard feelings i hope. I just have to know if this is really role madness or not, and you, BB, and myself are the only ones that can help settle it with deaths. By virtue of claiming last, yours seems the shadiest to me.

Burbeting

Banned
So swamped and Acohrs are both on the lead for lynch today, but I don't know... I'm not 100% scum reading either of them.

Swamped has been lot more passive in this game than in the past, but that's just my gut. Her vote at the end of D1 strikes as suspicious, but that only really works if palmer v wamd v BB vote had a scum in it. And with WAMD flipped town, and me town readin palmer and BB both for now... I don't know. Her vanilla claim feels genuine too.

For acohrs, he has been lot more passive in this game than what he was in pop where we both were scum. And that Lifeline read post... would scum really have not known LL was confirmed town? That makes me put him into "he is just dumb town", same casket BB is in right now. But I do know Acohrs is not complete moron, so could he have been able to fabricate that LL post just to get towny points?

Lifeline

If you don't think Swamped is mafia, launch should be your scum read. In that case voting launch now is your best shot at saving Swamp.

Palmer_v1

So swamped and Acohrs are both on the lead for lynch today, but I don't know... I'm not 100% scum reading either of them.

Swamped has been lot more passive in this game than in the past, but that's just my gut. Her vote at the end of D1 strikes as suspicious, but that only really works if palmer v wamd v BB vote had a scum in it. And with WAMD flipped town, and me town readin palmer and BB both for now... I don't know. Her vanilla claim feels genuine too.

For acohrs, he has been lot more passive in this game than what he was in pop where we both were scum. And that Lifeline read post... would scum really have not known LL was confirmed town? That makes me put him into "he is just dumb town", same casket BB is in right now. But I do know Acohrs is not complete moron, so could he have been able to fabricate that LL post just to get towny points?

I think 30 is the only person besides Swamped I will vote for today. Just FYI. I didn't scum read swamped either, but sometimes you kill town for the info it provides.

ok, check it, I know we're all panicking right now
please tell me it's not just me
so I'll be willing to argue with you guys about lynching me tomorrow, but right now, it's worth focusing on the vanillas.

Palmer_v1

Give me a tl;dr on your opinions of 30 and why.

Sorry, literally walking out the door to go to work right now. Short version is he voted for me, has been inactive, and then my long theory towards top of last page, and sinec then, nothing but churlish behavior. Swamped mentioned my post up there.

Palmer_v1

ok, check it, I know we're all panicking right now
please tell me it's not just me
so I'll be willing to argue with you guys about lynching me tomorrow, but right now, it's worth focusing on the vanillas.

So why'd you take your vote off the one you've been pursuing all day?

Ugh, I'm in a position where I don't like either of the bandwagons we've got going on.

How do you feel now that he hit the post minimum for today?
I have a lot to catch up on but will answer this quick: uh, that he won't be replaced? He was less venemous and strange but still hasn't offered anything at all. May be just trying to figure out GAFia but still surely someone would do some scum hunting at this point. And let's not forget Oreo hid behind AW SHUCKS I'm new! in anime.

So I lean a little scum. Scum team advisement is my only question mark.

I'm probably not changing my vote off you, but no hard feelings i hope. I just have to know if this is really role madness or not, and you, BB, and myself are the only ones that can help settle it with deaths. By virtue of claiming last, yours seems the shadiest to me.

juRLwgx.png

Lifeline

Achors: you voted for Swamped saying some of what I said made sense. Can you point out what I said in particular that made you vote Swamped?

Burbeting

Banned
There was something little that bothered me in regards to Launch earlier in the game.

Launch posted this little theory about the neutral pizza giver:

Theory: there are multiple roles of this nature and there is a neutral role passing out pizzas. Neutral's goal is to give a pizza to each or some of these roles.

Slightly after this, hey_monkey posted this:

So here we go.

Lifeline voted Moonkid (now LaunchPad) to start and stayed there, declaring Moonkid scummy scum scum. Wasn't in his later lists, though.

This was his original list, which he later explained in the post that keeps getting quoted around:
First of all, I apologize for not being very active this day phase. I got hit by a double whammy of last day of finals and a family birthday that kept me too busy to catch up with this thread. I finally finished re-reading everything today and I think i'm ready for some serious reads.

First of all, it's really weird we're this close to end of day and there's no bandwagons or anyone looking likely to be lynched. Palmer has the most votes on him and they're all joke votes.

It seems a awful lot like Mafia is having a hard time setting up a bandwagon (and not for a lack of trying).

So here are where things stand for me:

Town:
- Palmer
- Natiko
- Hey_Monkey

Scum (in order from least sure to most):
- Dr. Worm
- SkyOdin
- Darryl
- Dragonz

Godfather:
- Swamped

So here are some reasons LL might be targeted. Feel free to add to it:

Part of his theory was right, but as has been pointed out for other things, that would be kinda obvious. Except it's LL and no one really was really him seriously - but we might have had he been clearly killed.

Could just be that he was targeted for being LL, for being pushy and loud and creating noise. But I'd think scum would want to foster noise.

Without another clear, solid target, why not LL, especially if he was totally wrong? Then we might look and ponder and spend a day or two flipping people he suggested, while scum dances merrily away.

Could just be a chaos-inducing move without any clear motive, just to see what happens.

What I can't figure is why LL strung everyone along.

So, what happens if monkey is right, and lifeline was targeted by scum due to some of his reads in this post being right? It was interesting to me that Launch started to push the narrative on the neutral right around the time hey_monkey posted this, almost as if to deflect from it. However, Launch did post that post before monkey posted hers (I even asked in the thread from launch what post he originally posted his neutral-narrative to be extra sure). But launch did post this post after hey_monkey's post:

Yeah I'm coming around to believing the Lifeline/neutral narrative

It's nothing substansial, but I've felt bit more wary about Launch after that. Not all details match though. Most importantly, Lifeline read Swamped as the godfather, and Launch has been strictly against Swamped until her vanilla claim. There is also scum-read dragonz, who already flipped town.

Still, food for thought.

So why'd you take your vote off the one you've been pursuing all day?

Because if Swamped is in the pool of vanilla claims, and her claim is less suspicious to me than others in the same group. I'm more inclined to believe some who was coerced to claim, than someone who claimed without prodding. Her actions are still very questionable, though, so I am at odds.

I think I need to hear from others as to why Swamped is a good lynch. It suddenly seems like a lot of people have just followed my lead without giving much reasoning, and that's very alarming.

Burbeting

Banned
It's not impossible scum chat has orchestrated the idea of scum swamped vs scum launch bickering, only for scum launch to back off if Swamped has to claim vanilla.

Top Bottom