• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yeah this is a good point, the best fighting game news from them this gen has come in the form of nice, small surprises much more often than it has anything that would blow us away.

Also afaik there are only 2 SF chars and 2 RE chars in the base game.

Wait, no Akuma? Now i'm legit salty
LLShC.gif

MrCarter

Knowing Capcom they'll fuck up the DLC too... Look at SFV S2. Akuma and 5 new characters when people have been begging for Sagat & Sakura well before the game even came out.

What you on. Kolin and Ed are great newcomers with great play styles. Season 3 will be back to classics again.

J@hranimo

Banned
Caught from the past several pages or so.

I'm as casual a MVC fan as they come and love the MCU and all of this news is massively disappointing. This is like the Smash Bros of Capcom vs fighters and if Smash 4 had like less than half at launch then all hell will break lose.

No X-Men/FF characters. All the cool Capcom peeps are scrapped.

Not. Even. Black. Panther. Bruh.

Someone just take one for the team and leak the whole thing. Capcom has really been a shitstorm lately huh.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- 7 newcomers
- No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters
- No X-Men, F4, Final Fight, Okami, Viewtful Joe, Ace Attorney characters
- Only 1 non-MCU character
- 1 male DLC character returning from MvC2
- 9 characters returning from MvC3
- Only 2 characters from SF(Ryu, Chun-Li) and 2 from RE(Chris, ???)

Did i miss anything?

opricnik

Banned
So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- No black characters

Did i miss anything?
No hispanic no middle eastern either dont forget

RedBoot

Caught from the past several pages or so.

I'm as casual a MVC fan as they come and love the MCU and all of this news is massively disappointing. This is like the Smash Bros of Capcom vs fighters and if Smash 4 had like less than half at launch then all hell will break lose.

No X-Men/FF characters. All the cool Capcom peeps are scrapped.

Not. Even. Black. Panther. Bruh.

Someone just take one for the team and leak the whole thing. Capcom has really been a shitstorm lately huh.

Yeah, it's a shame. Even with no X-Men/FF, I always thought an MCU-focused roster with some modern Marvel touches (Ms Marvel) still offered plenty of potential and variety. We aren't even getting that.

Neonep

No.
It's a direct sequel to Bionic Commando 2 on NES and you're playing the same spencer.
The redesign was just kind of confused. The concept art helps clarify it.
They were originally going to have a design that looked more closely to his rearmed look.
Thanks man. I really didn't know and wasn't sure. He looks like a black guy in MVC3. Maybe it was just the color palette in that game.

Jawmuncher

Thanks man. I really didn't know and wasn't sure. He looks like a black guy in MVC3. Maybe it was just the color palette in that game.

It ain't just you. I think it is the color palette since the topic has come up more than once before. The dreads they decided to give him don't help the fact.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah, it's a shame. Even with no X-Men/FF, I always thought an MCU-focused roster with some modern Marvel touches (Ms Marvel) still offered plenty of potential and variety. We aren't even getting that.

Yeah that's why I kept an open mind, even with the battle mechanic changes because I liked TvC on the Wii. I never knew what to expect from Capcom side but cutting SO many from MVC3? I just don't understand.

If this sells really well this Fall then I'll honestly be shocked.

So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- 7 newcomers
- No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters

Did i miss anything?
This is some bullshit.

kirblar

It's probably 3 Marvel, 4 Capcom if they're working for parity, since they could probably consider Rocket&Groot a new character if the moveset is wildly different.

Ryce

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I'm not sure if it's just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it's probably someone like Frank West.

kirblar

It's definitely Rocket/Groot as a combo character. Rocket's small model and hypermobile design doesn't work w/ MvCI's more MSH/XvSF/SFV size character models.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

Finally it's out.

Trace

Banned

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I'm not sure if it's just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it's probably someone like Frank West.

BAH. HOW IS THERE NO VENOM IN THE BASE ROSTER?

Jawmuncher

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

FUCK LOLOLOLOL
That capcom side is mad trash. Not even Jedah and Monster Hunter can save it.

Neonep

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

I ain't mad at the Marvel side too much but sheesh they could have done better on the Capcom side.

Top Bottom