• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

It would've been nice if Gorlak and Flame_AC would agree to a specific time to reveal their roles and then proceeded to do just that. It should've been easy enough to coordinate something like that, but now that opportunity is gone.

Fireblend

Banned
Flame and Gorlak, do you believe each other's claim? This doesn't feel like a very hostile thunderdome. Are you both scum? Please don't lie.

kingkitty

Are you planning on going into any more detail

fuck no.

just kidding I was feeding my cats,

What I'm trying to say is I think CCS may have voted remain. Because I targeted CCS with my 'Vote Leave' flag on Night 2, and CCS didn't give it back, which according to my role means the target voted to stay.

Ourobolus

Banned
fuck no.

What I'm trying to say is I think CCS may have voted remain. Because I targeted CCS with my 'Vote Leave' flag on Night 2, and CCS didn't give it back, which according to my role means the target voted to stay.

So...you are claiming cop and CCS is scum.

I mean, I'm not surprised in the result, and I guess today's a decent day to claim since you can't be lynched...

Fireblend

Banned
Real talk, Fireblend, this is gotta be the most pointless line of questioning I've ever seen. >_>

Nah watch them slip up right about now. Seriously though, their interactions are literally non-existent today, which is weird considering they're the only two lynch candidates today.

Also is this flag thing an euphemism for something?

fuck no.

So what happened Night 1?

Kalor

fuck no.

Are you willing to say who you targeted on N1?

CCS

Banned
I didn't receive any flags. Moreover, I know Kingkitty is lying, unless we have two different cops in the game.

I claim Role Cop.

CCS

Banned
I can prove it. Gorlak called the thunderdome, he's a Nationalist and that's his power. Dies if he hasn't used it after three nights.

kingkitty

I was worried that my target may have been switched with someone else, but the fact CCS is saying he's a cop kinda soothes my fears. cabot isn't that cray.

Ourobolus

Banned
Something is off here.

kingkitty roleclaimed completely unprompted, which as scum seems pretty risky, because if this was a normal day we'd just lynch CCS and know he was lying (or a bus).

CCS claims role cop, and picks Gorlak, who is actually IN the thunderdome, and somehow got more information than the role NAME.

1. If someone else did the thunderdome, we need to know ASAP.
2. CCS may well be a scum role cop. That's not unheard of.

Kalor

Well, I'm inclined to believe CCS so it's a matter of waiting for Gorlak to find out why he lied about his role. Looking at it now, his eagerness to claim to be vanilla town might be tied to it.

giphy.gif

kalor, ccs, crab, and flame_ac

kingkitty

I can prove it. Gorlak called the thunderdome, he's a Nationalist and that's his power. Dies if he hasn't used it after three nights.

So you supposedly knew this info about Gorlak..and yet earlier...

Nah mate, you've been tunneling me all game. If you don't like how I play that's fair enough, but I'm not changing my playstyle just to make you less antsy.

This is kinda a bad situation today, in that I wouldn't really want to vote for either of these people. Gorlak is a town read for me though, whereas Flame is more of a null.

VOTE:Flame_AC

Fireblend

Banned
Scum cops do exist, though they're usually name cops only.

Why did Gorlak not reveal he was the one that triggered the thunderdome, though?

Flame_AC

Flame and Gorlak, do you believe each other's claim? This doesn't feel like a very hostile thunderdome. Are you both scum? Please don't lie.

I mean, I'm town. Gorlak probably is too, still reading the role claim(s)? Most everyone in the game already has their opinion of me based on my D1/D2, if we're both vanilla town than one of us dying won't really hurt town that much especially following a botched N2 kill. Before the day even started I knew I was likely going to be the one to be lynched today so the way things have gone aren't really that surprising.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I'm still not 100% convinced that the town/mafia divide aligns perfectly with the leave/remain votes, but I don't know how that not being the case would impact the likelihood of there being both a "vote cop" and a role cop.

I think the only thing we can gleam from all of this, right now, is that kingkitty and CCS are not on the same side.

CCS can be absolutely telling the truth about Gorlak, but that wouldn't put him in the clear since he could be a Godfather.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, I'm still not 100% convinced that the town/mafia divide aligns perfectly with the leave/remain votes, but I don't know how that not being the case would impact the likelihood of there being both a "vote cop" and a role cop.

I think this is a dangerous assumption to make. Leave vs Remain is a pretty simple dichotomy, I don't think we should be going down this route.

And I can see a regular cop (KK) and a role cop (CCS), but a scum role cop is more likely than a town one - helps them find the PRs.

Fireblend

Banned
I think this is a dangerous assumption to make. Leave vs Remain is a pretty simple dichotomy, I don't think we should be going down this route.

And I can see a regular cop (KK) and a role cop (CCS), but a scum role cop is more likely than a town one - helps them find the PRs.

I mean I agree, occam's razor and all that, just wanted to say the question remains for me. And yes, following that logic KK is obviously a much safer townread than CCS.

Flame_AC

How would claiming that have hurt him? I'd still rather lynch you who I scum-read the most.

It'll lose town 2 players if Gorlak leaves the game following my lynch, whether that's good or not in terms of the numbers game is up to you.

flame_ac with that neutral theory again lol

If it ain't broke don't fix it, right?

Gorlak needs to fully claim, name and all.

If he stands by the vanilla claim then there is no name.

Also, I believe kingkitty's claim way more than CCS', the emphasis on the voting mechanic feels more genuine than apparently CCS getting more than just a role name.

Fireblend

Banned
It'll lose town 2 players if Gorlak leaves the game following my lynch, whether that's good or not in terms of the numbers game is up to you.

I thought you were making an argument beyond your perspective. But I'm not choosing between Gorlak and Townie Player, I'm choosing between Gorlak and Flame_AC.

And in that scenario Gorlak isn't even a townie, he's a neutral that I'd rather have leaving the game now than later.

*Splinter

Given that role cop is scum more often than town, and Kitty had no reason to fake claim there, this seems pretty clear cut to me.

If CCS is indeed scum, surely Gorlak can't be scum as well? But if Gorlak is what CCS says he is... Why did he claim ordinary?

Top Bottom