• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Flame_AC

I also want to know why, if he is a Vanilla cop, he didn't check YOU, Flame, after D3's thunder dome.

Then we could have had CCS claim to check me and Kalor check me on the same night.

I don't really see a reason not to reveal Zeemumu's 'role', after all what valuable town PR's are really left?

Yours too of course.

Kalor

I also want to know why, if he is a Vanilla cop, he didn't check YOU, Flame, after D3's thunder dome.

I didn't check Flame because of Gorlaks flip. I was on the side of lynching Flame that day but I don't see a scenario where Gorlak chose someone else on the scum team. It's possible but I find it unlikely. Besides, he would have shown up as vanilla anyway.

Ourobolus

Banned
I didn't check Flame because of Gorlaks flip. I was on the side of lynching Flame that day but I don't see a scenario where Gorlak chose someone else on the scum team. It's possible but I find it unlikely. Besides, he would have shown up as vanilla anyway.
You said it yourself, it's a way to "catch someone in a lie." We had a claimed vanilla

Flame_AC

You don't know the bolded for sure, I could have lied/still be lying. Unless you do?

Fireblend

Banned
A vanilla cop makes a ton of sense for scum, who'd be interested in NK'ing power roles.

As for scum showing up as vanillas... Maybe there's a secret scum partner to be recruited and that's why that provision exists as part of the role?

I really don't see how it's anything but a confusing troublemaker as a town role.

*Splinter

A vanilla cop makes a ton of sense for scum, who'd be interested in NK'ing power roles.

As for scum showing up as vanillas... Maybe there's a secret scum partner to be recruited and that's why that provision exists as part of the role?

I really don't see how it's anything but a confusing troublemaker as a town role.
...oorrrrr

Kalor bungled his role claim because he doesn't know/care how scum would show up.

Because he's scum.

Kalor

What made you choose the targets you did?

Crab was curiosity because I couldn't read his behaviour.

Ouro because of the miller claim.

Zipped because he was a blind spot for me.

Zeemumu for the same reason as zipped. Also because I had no idea who else to target last night.

Flame_AC

Crab was curiosity because I couldn't read his behaviour.

Ouro because of the miller claim.

Zipped because he was a blind spot for me.

Zeemumu for the same reason as zipped. Also because I had no idea who else to target last night.

Just to be completely out there, what'd you get back for Crab and Zipped?

zeemumu

Sorry I was out gift shopping. What'd I miss? Kalor's gonna reveal roles? I could just tell you mine because I don't think it's of any consequence.

cabot

Everyone questioned Kalor's credentials.

"Vanilla? Nah, you're all Chocolate!!!"

"Nooooooooo, please!!"

"Burn the witch!"

and so the witch burned.

Kalor has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are Tony Blair.

You're everyone's favourite warmonger. While you were charismatic and did some good for the country, you threw it all away by going to war with Iraq on a wing and a prayer along with your buddy George Dubbiya. Now you think it's time to resurface because Britain has done a big silly. Let's see how that goes, huh?

You are aligned with SCUM.

You voted REMAIN in the EU referendum

You are a Vanilla Cop. Once a night, you can target someone. This will return if they are vanilla or not. You can target with the command VANILLA: <target>

The game thread is: HERE

The SCUM thread is not here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win if your team equal or outnumber all players.

DAY 6 BEGINS:
gra_1497978000.png

cabot

HEADS UP

I'll apologise for two things.

1) Setting the night phase extra long (I blame Edinburgh)
2) For now setting the end of the night phase earlier.

I'm a bastard. Raise your complaints with your favourite community leader.

DAY 6 STARTS:
gra_1497978000.png

I will accept commands until 15 minutes before deadline.

cabot

DAY 6 BEGINS

Then the room saw an empty leave flag on it.

Then the room wept for the loss of Great Boris Bawjaws Johnson.

Then the room turned the flag round and found a note scrawled in blood.

"This is what you get. Use the force"

No one understood this shite.

kingkitty has been killed!

BREXIT! THIS IS BREXIT!

FREEDOM!

TAKE BACK CONTROL!

ARR!

You are Boris Johnson.

Cor, blimey me old son. Well, you didn't really believe in this old Brexit buffoonery, but you thought you'd be more visible to the public if you threw your big slappy hands into the Vote Leave ring.

It backfired, and now you have something of a mess on your hands. At least we have cake to sell.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You voted LEAVE in the EU referendum

You are a Leave Delusionist. Once a night, you can target a player to hand a &#8216;Vote Leave' flag to. If the flag is returned to you, then your target voted Leave in the EU referendum. If your target voted REMAIN in the EU referendum, then you will not have your flag returned, and can no longer hand it to other targets.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

9 players remain.

DAY 6 ENDS:
ora_1498251600.png

5 players for majority.

Fireblend

Banned
Guys I think it finally happened and I might be a decent mafia player after all.

Vote: Poltergust

Here's my reads list:

Lean town:
Flame
Kawl
BSB

Unsure:
Spoiled Milk
Ourobolus
Splinter

Lean scum:
Zeemumu
Poltergust

Also, I think it would be good if the other neutral survivor came forward, specially if they can assist town. To whoever you are: neither town nor scum have a reason to get rid of you. I believe that town knowing who not to lynch is of more value atm than scum knowing who not to night kill, since we're more likely to not lynch 1 scum out of a pool of ~8 than scum is to be unlucky enough to target you during the night instead of a town-aligned player.

What do the others think?

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, I think it would be good if the other neutral survivor came forward, specially if they can assist town. To whoever you are: neither town nor scum have a reason to get rid of you. I believe that town knowing who not to lynch is of more value atm than scum knowing who not to night kill, since we're more likely to not lynch 1 scum out of a pool of ~8 than scum is to be unlucky enough to target you during the night instead of a town-aligned player.

What do the others think?

Yep. Assuming the other neutral's wincon is the same as CCS's (and it should be), it makes sense. They'll be relatively safe since we don't need to lynch them, and scum doesn't need to NK them.

zeemumu

I'm assuming Kalor left mine off because he wanted a confirmed town kill since he was kinda screwed either way and his role would back him up regardless of whether or not he was town. More suspicious to leave it ambiguous after several non-ambiguous answers. Actually kinda clever.

*Splinter

I'm still more suspicious of Zeemumu than Polter, but we have more than enough time to lynch both, I think?

As for the neutral... uhh yeah I guess they can claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm still more suspicious of Zeemumu than Polter, but we have more than enough time to lynch both, I think?

As for the neutral... uhh yeah I guess they can claim.

Why zeemumu over Polter? Zee is just kinda...here, but Polter went balls-to-the-wall trying to link Kalor and me together yesterday for like, no reason whatsoever
other than that as a claimed miller they won't NK me so I need to be lynched

Fireblend

Banned
I'm assuming Kalor left mine off because he wanted a confirmed town kill since he was kinda screwed either way and his role would back him up regardless of whether or not he was town. More suspicious to leave it ambiguous after several non-ambiguous answers. Actually kinda clever.

I don't understand most of this post. Do you think any townie is going to trust anything Kalor said about his night-actions?

Flame_AC

My vote is also on Poltergust, but not officially.

Good job y'all.

I wonder if KK was killed because he was doing a good job of figuring out who was who, or if it's only because he had a power and scum didn't want to risk his power continuing.

Looking back Kalor's claim made perfect sense for scum. I think a couple nights ago I was like how the heck are they hitting all these named people, and looks like we know how.

TBH I personally am at a loss as to who to go for next, although I have a shortlist. I'm going to go back and reread a bit I suppose.

The kill of KK does not make any sense to me. KK has previously said that they were a vanilla townie after using up their flag. To kill KK now just gives us 100% confirmation that KK could be trusted. If I was scum I'd have struck at someone whose role they don't know for sure and hope to get lucky/skilled.

Fireblend

Banned
Nah I disagree Flame, targeting KK makes perfect sense. He was active and pretty much as confirmed town as he could be. Who would have doubted his role at this point in the game? If he had been scum he could've won and I wouldn't have been mad :p

I agree with Fireblend. Scum would prioritize trying to kill "confirmed" townspeople or people who can help out town the most. kingkitty was basically the only person everyone agreed was town.

Drawing the neutral out is interesting. If we really do have just one scum left (which is a safe bet at this point) then it would be in the neutral's best interest to get this game to finish as quickly as possible by helping town.

I want to bring back my argument for the Thunderdome. While I picked the wrong side on who scum voted for, I am still pretty confident that all scum players funneled to one side (the ones the voted Flame_AC) based on Flame_AC's scumminess prior to that day and the lack of mobility in votes.

Oh, and with how close the vote count turned out to be, too.

So with the remaining players, I'd rank scumminess like so:

Spoiled Milk >> backslashbunny >= *Splinter

zeemumu

I don't understand most of this post. Do you think any townie is going to trust anything Kalor said about his night-actions?

No. That's why he said nothing. If he had defined town and scum claims for everyone then you could easily just dismiss it all, but to say nothing on his results after saying that he had them warrants some extra thought.

And your reasoning for me is kinda...bad. If I knew that lack of activity was a scum thing then why would I do it?

Fireblend

Banned
No. That's why he said nothing. If he had defined town and scum claims for everyone then you could easily just dismiss it all, but to say nothing on his results after saying that he had them warrants some extra thought.

And your reasoning for me is kinda...bad. If I knew that lack of activity was a scum thing then why would I do it?

That makes no sense. We don't even know he really targeted you so why would we have to think about something he probably made up on top of that. There's no extra thought needed, just dismiss everything about what he said. Unless you really do know something more?

Gotta say Splinter you might be onto something.

zeemumu

That makes no sense. We don't even know he really targeted you so why would we have to think about something he probably made up on top of that. There's no extra thought needed, just dismiss everything about what he said. Unless you really do know something more?

Gotta say Splinter you might be onto something.
I don't, and he didn't. You wouldn't trust what he said because he was scum but you would know that he could see roles which would cause you to analyze his actions, or lack of action

Flame_AC

Me Voters:
Spoiled Milk
Gorlak - Scum
backslashbunny
Poltergust
*Splinter
Kalor - Scum

Bolded are scum. Isn't it interesting that scum hasn't killed a single person from this list? Almost as if they don't want to thin the potential targets town has to choose from. In this list we have the Day 1 target (besides me) in Spoiled Milk, I find it somewhat unlikely that we were going to have lynched a scum member right off that, but maybe. Backslashbunny I've read as town for most of the game so I'd prefer to go after other targets before her. Which leaves us with Poltergust and Splinter, one of these two are the last scum in my mind.

Gorlak Voters:
Crab
CCS - Neutral Remain Voter
Flame_AC - Town
zeemumu
KingKitty
Kawl_USC - Town
Fireblend
Zippedpinhead

I would be shocked if Kawl turned out to be scum. Look at their callout of Kalor's bandwagon vote to try and save Gorlak and his play throughout the game and you have a very solid town player. I'm still me (town). This leaves zeemumu and Fireblend from the Gorlak voters as people who aren't as immediately clearable.

If the neutral survivor partner of CCS comes forward, I won't try and lynch them as it'd help us thin out our list of people to choose from. There's no reason not to come forward, we waste a day killing whoever you are and scum certainly wouldn't want to waste a kill on you.

Of course, Ouro isn't in the discussion above, but their actions speak for themself...

Top Bottom