• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_o61zt96tna1u9ow1eo1_1280.gif

Crocodile

It's old as shit and desperately needs upgrading. The chickens just came home to roost all at once from the look of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/nyregion/cuomo-deblasio-mta-subway.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/nyregion/cuomo-declares-a-state-of-emergency-for-the-subway.html

Driving in Manhattan is suicide. It's for rageaholics. And yea, we're not all as rude as everyone makes us out to be. So long as you figure out and follow the basic etiquette of the sidewalks no one will really care.

So is anyone going to hold Cuomo's feet to the fire over this?

CONGEALED

MAMMAL

LACTATION

So with Amazon grabbing more and more anime, it might mean less dubs.

Which obviously could mean less new shows for Toonami.

Which sucks.

cntr

Banned
idk why you guys were so bothered about that

haven't you guys ever thought about what milk actually is?

zulux21

So with Amazon grabbing more and more anime, it might mean less dubs.

Which obviously could mean less new shows for Toonami.

Which sucks.

We will have to see, they haven't been in the game that long and they have enough money and a store set up, they could easily get into the home video release and open their own dub studio if they wanted.

or they could cut a deal with a studio. I mean they are working with sentai plenty they could just work with them in general.

We will have to see, they haven't been in the game that long and they have enough money and a store set up, they could easily get into the home video release and open their own dub studio if they wanted.

or they could cut a deal with a studio. I mean they are working with sentai plenty they could just work with them in general.
But people want good dubs.

zulux21

pff, it's just biology.

also you're a weeb zulux21
because I know the japanese word for milk?

gyuunyuu no ichigo is strawberry milk if you would prefer that :p
But people want good dubs.

sentai does about 50% good dubs and 50% mediocre dubs.
funimation and aniplex are more like 95% good and 5% mediocre.
so not ideal but still better than nothing.

and even sentai at the worst is still serviceable.

Maybe their entire catalog, but certainly not based on the shows that aired on Toonami. Their best effort was Parasyte and even that was mediocre at best.

What gets me most is a lot of the VAs who do work for Sentai Filmworks also work with Funimation so it's not like the VAs are untalented either. :p

zulux21

Maybe their entire catalog, but certainly not based on the shows that aired on Toonami. Their best effort was Parasyte and even that was mediocre at best.

i'd have to go figure out what series are actually sentai.

I know both no game no life and my love story have fine dubs though :p

TheSun

Y on earth did I binge watched this I'll never know.

Maybe cuz I was more open minded about anime long ago, and some weebs recommended it, saying it was good or something.

I now know for certain, more than ever, that I'll never hate watch anything ever again. I'll be damned sure to stay away from the spin offs as well. Cuz y'know...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe cuz I was more open minded about anime long ago, and some weebs recommended it, saying it was good or something.

I now know for certain, more than ever, that I'll never hate watch anything ever again. I'll be damned sure to stay away from the spin offs as well. Cuz y'know...

GAF used to use this as a sort of hazing for anime fans until the mods got wise.

Excuse me for asking, but I think I want to jump back into Toonami (largely for Tokyo Ghoul, Lupin, and Ghost in the Shell). I went to check the website but all it has on the schedule is the upcoming Attack on Titan marathon. How far are we into those shows?

I think the best Sentai dub I've seen is Another.

to be fair a quick scan. I think only that and akami ga kill were sentai dubs.

They also dubbed The Children Who Chase Lost Voices movie that aired.

But yeah, in general Sentai doesn't have many Toonami-esque anime in their catalog. Majority of their stuff are Slice of Lifes, Comedies, and Harem shows. I guess there's Log Horizon.

Well officially graduated (in cyber security), got my Web Design Certificate and now CompTIA A+ certified. Time to start looking for a job before my current internship runs out...I pray that I don't have to work in NYC (the 1.2 hour Metro North ride going there and back will kill me), but rather that I can find a job near me or in nearby Connecticut.

Same here. I think the people here enjoyed watching my mind melt at the bullshit unfurling before me. Makoto could have logically avoided his fate but the dumbass wanted to be a fuck boy. He thought with his dick.

Damn Tokyo Ghoul is only 12 episodes? That's crazy. I literally know nothing about it other than I hear it come up enough that it has me intrigued.

Also I'm a bit conflicted about Lupin. I loved the Ghibli movie and I am really fascinated by IV being done in Italy, but I feel like I need to experience the older runs first. I watched the very first episode and thought it was OK, but yeah maybe a bit too old for my liking sadly.

Should I just skip to the second series of Lupin?

zulux21

I think the best Sentai dub I've seen is Another.

They also dubbed The Children Who Chase Lost Voices movie that aired.

But yeah, in general Sentai doesn't have many Toonami-esque anime in their catalog. Majority of their stuff are Slice of Lifes, Comedies, and Harem shows. I guess there's Log Horizon.
log horizon had a fine dub.
the cat character needs to voice more sexy men lol.

Damn Tokyo Ghoul is only 12 episodes? That's crazy. I literally know nothing about it other than I hear it come up enough that it has me intrigued.

Also I'm a bit conflicted about Lupin. I loved the Ghibli movie and I am really fascinated by IV being done in Italy, but I feel like I need to experience the older runs first. I watched the very first episode and thought it was OK, but yeah maybe a bit too old for my liking sadly.

if you have a chance really just read the tokyo ghoul manga instead of watching the anime. It has a much better lead character in the manga.

I mean the anime character shares the design and name with the manga character, but has a vastly different level of intelligence as is more of a shonen hero in the anime while is an actual character in the manga.

cntr

Banned

We're starting Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 soon. But, well...calling the Tokyo Ghoul anime hot garbage is an insult to hot garbage. It's an atrocity. Go read the manga instead.

All of the Lupin series are independent stories, so you should be fine starting Part 4. All you need to know is generally what Lupin is about, and you're set.

imo, Dragonball Super, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Lupin, and Ghost in the Shell are the most emjoyable shows on the block right now. Shippuden is serviceable, Kai might have nostalgia going for it, and AoT's probably going to be replaced by Part 3 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

We're starting Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 soon. But, well...calling the Tokyo Ghoul anime hot garbage is an insult to hot garbage. It's an atrocity. Go read the manga instead.

All of the Lupin series are independent stories, so you should be fine starting Part 4. All you need to know is generally what Lupin is about, and you're set.

imo, Dragonball Super, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Lupin, and Ghost in the Shell are the most emjoyable shows on the block right now. Shippuden is serviceable, Kai might have nostalgia going for it, and AoT's probably going to be replaced by Part 3 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Would you say it is hard to go back though to Part 2 after seeing Part 4?

I might jump in on Hunter x Hunter. I'm actually only 10 episodes behind on the sub.

Seda

Didn't thin foldable pizza come first in Italy and the thicker unfoldable version come later in the US?

In a sense, "foldable pizza" (ie very thin crusts) is more true to what Italian pizza actually is, yes.

At least that's my understanding from my sicilian gramps. Maybe Shin can verify

Well officially graduated (in cyber security), got my Web Design Certificate and now CompTIA A+ certified. Time to start looking for a job before my current internship runs out...I pray that I don't have to work in NYC (the 1.2 hour Metro North ride going there and back will kill me), but rather that I can find a job near me or in nearby Connecticut.

Congratulations!.gif

Those things aren't easy. I'm still holding on to my Security+.

Congratulations!.gif

Those things aren't easy. I'm still holding on to my Security+.

I just despise how CompTIA writes their questions, a third of the time I can't quite tell what the question is trying to ask me. Probably will go for Network+ next in another 6 months to a year and may try their CertMaster since it seems like it would include more of their wording for questions.

BBboy20

Baker and Mercer should star in some co-op game playing as twins or whatever.

Also: lots of Full metal Panic at Anime Expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom