• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Don't really want to open a new thread for this, but has anybody here bought Thumper, Wonder Boy or Oceanhorn on Switch? I still need some games for my trip, just curious if there are any performance problems (or other problems).
I tried the Disgaea Demo but I think that game is too Japanese for me.

derFeef

Don't really want to open a new thread for this, but has anybody here bought Thumper, Wonder Boy or Oceanhorn on Switch? I still need some games for my trip, just curious if there are any performance problems (or other problems).

Got Thumper on the Switch. Game is amazingly smooth (only played handheld). Not too fond of the game itself tho, but I get why it's so beloved.

oti

Banned

I'm waiting for sales on all of these except Oceanhorn. I'll buy EVERYTHING.

The controls in the Disgaea Demo felt a bit weird. And it's too intimidating for me.

I bought Thumper for Switch on Tuesday and its sooooooooo fucking good.

I have Wonder Boy on Switch and didn't run into any issues. I still haven't finished it though.

Thumper runs great, highly recommend it on switch!

faridmon

Wonderboy is fantastic and that art style on Switch screen is bloody incredible to look at.

Get that ASAP

No_Style

We're getting increasingly lewd with these thread titles.
I like it

Fake edit: Please recommend me a game album on Spotify!

patapuf

Prey doesn't seem very conducive for that Open world vinny.

It actually is, but not at the beginning.

Once you've got a shotgun (to kill the phantoms) or some powers and access to the elevator you can pretty much do what you want in almost any order. The glue gun also lets you skip and break all kinds of sequences via the player making shortcuts. You can even kill all important NPC's (or at least most of them, and the game/story changes accordingly).

It's a very breakable game with lots of freedom. Just not in the first 5 hours.

Hasney

That's West's motto at this point. "We still do this shit because you suckers pay us." Look at
UPF.

What's your motto? "I only pay attention to west so I can bitch about it or I have stockholm syndrome or something".

I happily watch UPF. It's a fun show.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's still mourning Piston. Cut him some slack.

Once you've got a shotgun (to kill the phantoms) or some powers and access to the elevator you can pretty much do what you want in almost any order. The glue gun also lets you skip and break all kinds of sequences via the player making shortcuts. You can even kill all important NPC's (or at least most of them).

But can you open your car door to slam into motorcyclists?

patapuf

He's still mourning Piston. Cut him some slack.

But can you open your car door to slam into motorcyclists?

ok, instant chaos and mayham is a bit harder to pull off i'll concede :p

I guess what makes Prey less conductive to chaos vinny is that to pull off chaos you need to know the systems at least a little bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
ok, instant chaos and mayham is a bit harder to pull off i'll concede :p

I guess what makes Prey less conductive to chaos vinny is that to pull off chaos you need to know the systems at least a little bit.

Also he needs a straight man. That's why the kerbal series was so good.

Abby is awesome but she's kind of like an intentional dan ryckert? She leans more on the willing to goof spectrum than the straight man spectrum.

We need Alex back.

Once you've got a shotgun (to kill the phantoms) or some powers and access to the elevator you can pretty much do what you want in almost any order. The glue gun also lets you skip and break all kinds of sequences via the player making shortcuts. You can even kill all important NPC's (or at least most of them, and the game/story changes accordingly).

What is this, Final Fantasy XIII? "Hey, get through this slog, and then the toys are unlocked."

patapuf

What is this, Final Fantasy XIII? "Hey, get through this slog, and then the toys are unlocked."

No, the first 5 hours are good. They are just more linear than the rest of the game. Jumping at phantoms with the wrench is also a bad strategy. Had he gone to his office immediately he would have had the shotgun, as there is one in the closet there.

I liked the stream btw. , i'm just saying the gameplay is more freeform later.

Diancecht

Beastcast shall be glorious with podcast Dad off getting high in Holland.

Glorious.

d585778341201bfb5bb6af2e4606694d.jpg

My old Dutch Erasmus buddies used to give me sad looks every time I said "Holland" instead of "The Netherlands".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom