• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

irfaanator
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

I dunno I've never done the facebooks. I just remember visiting 4chan and seeing at least a dozen threads with pictures of onions and being super confused because I thought it was about the satirical newspaper. But nope, turns out it's an anonymity network for peddling kiddie porn, weapons, drugs, and more.



Fairly certain he got demodded for threatening to ban a molestation victim.

he did ban her and it was the other reason as well
vulva
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:39 PM)
vulva's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

I dunno I've never done the facebooks. I just remember visiting 4chan and seeing at least a dozen threads with pictures of onions and being super confused because I thought it was about the satirical newspaper. But nope, turns out it's an anonymity network for peddling kiddie porn, weapons, drugs, and more.

tor is also how people are able to communicate in controlled dictatorships without being censored, how Snowden was able to send his leaks securely and any other number of very positive things. I realize that because it's such an effective tool that it's used for illegal and disgusting means, but don't trivialize the importance of tor to only being a tool of evil.
RinsFury
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:39 PM)
RinsFury's Avatar
What the? Never heard that about Opiate before. Hope it's not true, I used to enjoy his posts.
Pizza con salsiccia
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:43 PM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige



Fairly certain he got demodded for threatening to ban a molestation victim.

Thanks :)

I have a terrible memory, and this blog of his led me to believe it was something else.
Xe4
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:44 PM)

Originally Posted by RinsFury

What the? Never heard that about Opiate before. Hope it's not true, I used to enjoy his posts.

Me as well. I actually looked up to him a bit lol.
Even if he was demodded for talking down to a rape victim that's pretty disappointing. But if it's the other rumor, that's gross.
I guess you know what they say about heroes.

Fake edit: Gaaahhh enough gossip for me today.
Murkas
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:45 PM)
Murkas's Avatar
Sick shit, good job from the German police.

It makes me thing, all these vids are usually made in third world countries and stuff to cater to that demand and it makes me think part of it is like regular porn. You know how porn performers can have 0 attraction and just perform/act it out to cater to the demand. Could you say it's the same here? So you have:

The paedophile who rapes kids because of the attraction
The fucker on video raping kids for "work" to cater to the demand and make the vids/images

The second group is arguably worse. Doing it for the pay?
Nephtis
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:47 PM)
Nephtis's Avatar
I thought that number would have been for like movie piracy or something. 87k people for that though.... I never imagined it'd be more than a couple thousand at most.

That's fucking scary.
Exodust
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Westbahnhof

Advocating the mass slaughter of mentally ill people is a really bad look, even if they are dangerous predators.
Current year meme and all that, I honestly think we are more civilized than that.

Jesus fucking christ, guys. Aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up in mental health care facilities is probably the best solution for all parties involved.
BlazingDarkness
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:50 PM)
BlazingDarkness's Avatar

Originally Posted by Radec

I assume those who work there are child molesters themselves.

I mean who in the right mind would keep a straight face when operating those.

One of the worst posts I've read on GAF in a while. Hope it was worth the ban.
fabricated backlash
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:51 PM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Exodust

Jesus fucking christ guys aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up for good is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

Wow...
anaron
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:52 PM)
anaron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pusherman

What the hell is up with some of the disgusting and frankly dumb as fuck comments in this thread?!?

Yes, sexually abusing children is obviously horrendous and should be punished. Yes, looking up child pornography and thereby creating a market for its existence is terrible as well and should also be punished. But let's not forget that we're still talking about human beings in here. People suffering immensely from urges they can't help themselves from having. All this dumbass fucking talk of putting them down or castrating them violently doesn't help anyone and only makes it harder for us as a society to get to these people before they start acting on their urges.

They actively watched and shared child porn. They can rot.

Also where's this level of empathy for the actual victims of these pedophiles?
pastrami
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Exodust

Jesus fucking christ, guys. Aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up in mental health care facilities is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

Which mental disorder is so dangerous that all who suffer from it must be locked up?
NoblesseOblige
Member
(07-06-2017, 08:54 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nephtis

I thought that number would have been for like movie piracy or something. 87k people for that though.... I never imagined it'd be more than a couple thousand at most.

That's fucking scary.

You thought there was only 87k people pirating movies? I'd estimate in China alone there's at least a million.

Going on the population of china I bet it's got over a million pedophiles too. That and the age of consent is 14.
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(07-06-2017, 08:55 PM)
KHarvey16's Avatar

Originally Posted by Exodust

Jesus fucking christ guys aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up for good is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

The primary motivation to help these kinds of people isn't compassion toward them, but a desire to see the fewest number of sexual abuse victims possible. Research suggests being open to treatment and therapy can lead to fewer offenses overall, which I'm sure is everyone's goal.

No one, I don't believe, argues for the rights or freedom of any of these people at the expense of victims. It's only about pursuing the most effective strategies to prevent sexual abuse.
TheLostBigBoss
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Exodust

Jesus fucking christ, guys. Aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up in mental health care facilities is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cy-claims.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28526106

Time to invest in guillotine stock!
PabloBolivar
Banned
(07-06-2017, 08:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

The law might sentence differently for severity of the crime (length of sentence), but this is a misguided comment. No one should "normalise" paedophilia in any way. That is why people are hostile to the "open discussions" you are asking for. Going to seek help because of thoughts you're having is one thing, but not accepting the severity of said thoughts is not a path you want to go down under "cartoons/clothed children". Even a psychologist would tell you that. Normalisation is not the answer/acceptable behaviour, it's incredibly damaging and fuels the cycles of paedophiles. If you want to argue about rehabilitating paedophiles then you will have to accept part of that rehabilitation is the explicit stating of what is wrong/illegal and the attempt to completely and utterly nuke any sort of normalisation in the mind of the person. So no, no room is given to "but what happens if its just kids in clothing I sexualise? It's not real nudes!". That is unacceptable behaviour and these kinds of attempts to skirt the law to "aid" the paedophile are not acceptable. Absolutely no form of rehabilitation is going to play ball with these concepts, let alone actively encourage someone to just seek out clothed children instead. Or even cartoons. If someone is sexualizing children then there will be an effort to remove/restrict them from any sort of content that depicts children sexually, yes, even cartoons or animated content.

It may seem like I'm going in strong here, but if there's one thing that infuriates many it's apathy and/or normalisation of paedophilia that occasionally goes on. If any paedophiles read forms of "normalisation" across the internet all that does is reinforce in their minds oh, it's okay if I suppress my urges by downloading CP because "people online say I'm not really hurting anyone". Or, "there are different types of paedophilia, so I'm one of the better paedophiles". None of this is helpful, and in fact, it's potentially dangerous. Amir0x appeared to give that statement when arrested and charged, that he "just did what he did to suppress urges". Apparently going for "I'm one of the better paedophiles" argument. That cannot be accepted or normalised when the core issue with paedophiles is the sexualisation of children. You might get a shorter sentence depending on what you've done, but you're still going on a sex offenders list and you like any other paedophile still have the same core problem, sexualising children. To try and tackle that zero tolerance can be given to any sort of sexualisation of children, however they are depicted.

Great post.
Jzero
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Radec

I assume those who work there are child molesters themselves.

I mean who in the right mind would keep a straight face when operating those.

Wow
JeffZero
Purple Drazi
(07-06-2017, 09:03 PM)
JeffZero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mendrox

That is really a lot...holy shit. Makes sou think how many sick people you see everyday or sit nearby.

This, right here. This is what slays me. I live in a world where sitting at the bus terminal or grabbing a bite to eat at a diner prompts me to unwittingly scan around myself and wonder what kind of people surround me.

Egh.

But it's the only world we've got, so I'll treasure it for the good things I have seen.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:03 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by KHarvey16

The primary motivation to help these kinds of people isn't compassion toward them, but a desire to see the fewest number of sexual abuse victims possible. Research suggests being open to treatment and therapy can lead to fewer offenses overall, which I'm sure is everyone's goal.

No one, I don't believe, argues for the rights or freedom of any of these people at the expense of victims. It's only about pursuing the most effective strategies to prevent sexual abuse.

But considering recent events I'm not sure this forum is the right place for that discussion. Like audioboxer mentioned amirox himself fed into those discussions and used a justification from them when he was arrested.
jph139
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:04 PM)
jph139's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLostBigBoss

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cy-claims.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28526106

Time to invest in guillotine stock!

Hmm, 1 in 35 men definitely adds up to me when you look at the scale of this one site. 100,000 people on one website, probably a fraction of the actual users on the dark web.

So I'd honestly assume there's millions of people actively consuming child pornography, and that there's tens of millions who are attracted to children and simply ignore the urge.

And when you put that in an historical context - with 12-14 year old girls regularly married off to adult men - and you have to wonder if it's a problem that could ever conceivably be solved. The scale is just absolutely massive.
Exodust
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

The law might sentence differently for severity of the crime (length of sentence), but this is a misguided comment. No one should "normalise" paedophilia in any way. That is why people are hostile to the "open discussions" you are asking for. Going to seek help because of thoughts you're having is one thing, but not accepting the severity of said thoughts is not a path you want to go down under "cartoons/clothed children". Even a psychologist would tell you that. Normalisation is not the answer/acceptable behaviour, it's incredibly damaging and fuels the cycles of paedophiles. If you want to argue about rehabilitating paedophiles then you will have to accept part of that rehabilitation is the explicit stating of what is wrong/illegal and the attempt to completely and utterly nuke any sort of normalisation in the mind of the person. So no, no room is given to "but what happens if its just kids in clothing I sexualise? It's not real nudes!". That is unacceptable behaviour and these kinds of attempts to skirt the law to "aid" the paedophile are not acceptable. Absolutely no form of rehabilitation is going to play ball with these concepts, let alone actively encourage someone to just seek out clothed children instead. Or even cartoons. If someone is sexualizing children then there will be an effort to remove/restrict them from any sort of content that depicts children sexually, yes, even cartoons or animated content.

It may seem like I'm going in strong here, but if there's one thing that infuriates many it's apathy and/or normalisation of paedophilia that occasionally goes on. If any paedophiles read forms of "normalisation" across the internet all that does is reinforce in their minds oh, it's okay if I suppress my urges by downloading CP because "people online say I'm not really hurting anyone". Or, "there are different types of paedophilia, so I'm one of the better paedophiles". None of this is helpful, and in fact, it's potentially dangerous. Amir0x appeared to give that statement when arrested and charged, that he "just did what he did to suppress urges". Apparently going for "I'm one of the better paedophiles" argument. That cannot be accepted or normalised when the core issue with paedophiles is the sexualisation of children. You might get a shorter sentence depending on what you've done, but you're still going on a sex offenders list and you like any other paedophile still have the same core problem, sexualising children. To try and tackle that zero tolerance can be given to any sort of sexualisation of children, however they are depicted.

Excellent post.
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(07-06-2017, 09:06 PM)
KHarvey16's Avatar

Originally Posted by Air Zombie Meat

But considering recent events I'm not sure this forum is the right place for that discussion. Like audioboxer mentioned amirox himself fed into those discussions and used a justification from them when he was arrested.

I don't see how that impacts anything other than Amir0x being an asshole.

I'm sure neo-Nazis personally extol the virtues of free speech when their rhetoric is threatened. That doesn't impugn the concept.
SillyNonsense
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:09 PM)
SillyNonsense's Avatar
Only half a year old and that many members. That's really scary. Makes me wonder what secret rings exist all around me in seemingly innocent places that I never see. 87,000 in 6mo got me shook and recent forum events are not helping.
hao chi
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:10 PM)
hao chi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Geoff

Good news but my god what a horrible job to examine that footage again and again for clues.

Back in one of my college courses we had a guest speaker who was an FBI agent. He was talking about how he worked in the child pornography division, but he later requested a transfer after he felt like he was doing something wrong whenever he gave his three year old daughter a bath.

I can't imagine the shelf life for anybody in that type of job is too high. It's gotta take a serious toll on you mentally.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:10 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

So I looked this up, and surprisingly the law actually does not cover cartoons. I don't want to regoogle this on my work computer (I checked on my phone), 18 US Code Section 2256 goes into this. I imagine a lot of people who watch anime would be included in this definition if that were the case.

That being said, all in all it's that's a horrifying amount of people in so short a span.

Not that surprising. I mean hell, a German rock band called the Scorpions had a cover featuring a photograph of a nude prepubescent girl. It was eventually replaced in the states, however Wikipedia features the cover. In 2008 it was reported to the FBI and investigated but ultimately determined it to be artwork that did not violate any US law. If that is accepted then drawn pornography is going to be as well.
| Praxis |
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:12 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar

Originally Posted by hao chi

Back in one of my college courses we had a guest speaker who was an FBI agent. He was talking about how he worked in the child pornography division, but he later requested a transfer after he felt like he was doing something wrong whenever he gave his three year old daughter a bath.

I can't imagine the shelf life for anybody in that type of job is too high. It's gotta take a serious toll on you mentally.

Jesus, how fucking depressing.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:13 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by KHarvey16

I don't see how that impacts anything other than Amir0x being an asshole.

I'm sure neo-Nazis personally extol the virtues of free speech when their rhetoric is threatened. That doesn't impugn the concept.

Means what I said. There's a discussion to be had but why push it here and now. Really bad timing and at the end of the day this is a gaming forum where minors read and post. Bad optics if you will.
Nephtis
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:14 PM)
Nephtis's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

You thought there was only 87k people pirating movies? I'd estimate in China alone there's at least a million.

Going on the population of china I bet it's got over a million pedophiles too. That and the age of consent is 14.

Not just 87k people pirating movies - but shutting down a site with 87k *members*. I mean, I dunno - maybe I just don't want to imagine that many people being members for CP sharing. Especially because I know that when they shut something like that down it always ends up being a mere fraction of the real amount of people
Exodust
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Air Zombie Meat

Means what I said. There's a discussion to be had but why push it here and now. Really bad timing and at the end of the day this is a gaming forum where minors read and post. Bad optics if you will.

Yeah, and to think this has been a frequent topic of discussion on these boards. I don't think I'm comfortable with these threads going forward considering you only have to be over the age of 13 to even post here.
Geoff
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:16 PM)
Geoff's Avatar

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

So I looked this up, and surprisingly the law actually does not cover cartoons. I don't want to regoogle this on my work computer (I checked on my phone), 18 US Code Section 2256 goes into this. I imagine a lot of people who watch anime would be included in this definition if that were the case.

That being said, all in all it's that's a horrifying amount of people in so short a span.

I may be wrong but I believe that cartoons ARE considered CP in the UK, which I think is possibly a bit silly. You could draw yourself into jail in about ten seconds. Although possibly I have that all wrong.
Westbahnhof
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:20 PM)
Westbahnhof's Avatar

Originally Posted by Exodust

Jesus fucking christ, guys. Aren't y'all old enough to realize that some mental disabilities are not only incurable, but ultimately so dangerous that all you can do is put them in a room somewhere and watch over them? Pedophiles are no different. Nobody should think of treatment when we all know no matter how good it can be those who act on their urges will probably continue to do so. The "pedophile who doesn't act on their urges" straw man might as well be a fucking unicorn.

I guess I can understand wanting to be empathetic, like you can say it sucks that they can be normal people if they didn't have those urges, but you never see people bring up this narrative when talking about suicide cult leaders, serial killers and rapists, etc. or at least not as much around here. It's a mixture of try hard progressives and pseudo-intellectuals who keep bringing this up as if any big reaction to it is too emotional and not logical enough.

There's literally nothing you can really do about pedophiles aside from bop them on the nose and say no, guiding them away from it if they're seeking help. Locking them up in mental health care facilities is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

You may be right.
But I'm against the death penalty in general, so obviously I'm against systematically eradicating people of any kind, even if their shared quality is being dangerous to society.
Try to help if possible. Lock away if necessary.
But no matter what, don't "slit all their throats" and whatever some people are saying.
Aselith
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:21 PM)
Aselith's Avatar

Originally Posted by SeanR1221

Evilore confirmed it was him and any thread dedicated to that news story has been locked for some reason. 🤔

I would imagine it's because there's nothing to discuss and people like you want to make it into Loose Change.

Every single one of these threads people come out of the wordwork to insist that the mod team is "protecting" him.
astroturfing
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:23 PM)
astroturfing's Avatar
how the fuck did the community balloon to that size..? jesus..

i remember working for the local police archiving all the criminal cases, and seeing new pedophile cases every damn week, always with different perps.. and i live in a relatively small city. so i started doing the math of how many men exactly are pedos, because it seemed like there was a neverending stream of cases... and uhh, i didn't finish doing the math. too high a number. freaked me the fuck out. basically if you leave your home you will bump into many during the day.
Exodust
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Westbahnhof

You may be right.
But I'm against the death penalty in general, so obviously I'm against systematically eradicating people of any kind, even if their shared quality is being dangerous to society.
Try to help if possible. Lock away if necessary.
But no matter what, don't "slit all their throats" and whatever some people are saying.

I can see that. Sorry if I came off as hostile.
Alex Stroud
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Aselith

I would imagine it's because there's nothing to discuss and people like you want to make it into Loose Change.

Every single one of these threads people come out of the wordwork to insist that the mod team is "protecting" him.

Pedo talk also doesn't help the Alexa rating much. If non regulars visit and that's all they see, I can understand how reputations might develop.
SnowFlakeCake
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:30 PM)
SnowFlakeCake's Avatar
-In this thread I found out Amir0x is a very sick fuck, I mean a genuine walking piece of shit
-Opiate was also another that should have been the face of birth control

There's seriously messed up people out there, I hope these 87k members get fucked over and then some. It has to me a mental sickness and no, I don't think they can be reformed or if nothing else, would never want them near a child.
KHarvey16
hopelessly misguided
(07-06-2017, 09:31 PM)
KHarvey16's Avatar

Originally Posted by Air Zombie Meat

Means what I said. There's a discussion to be had but why push it here and now. Really bad timing and at the end of the day this is a gaming forum where minors read and post. Bad optics if you will.

Originally Posted by Exodust

Yeah, and to think this has been a frequent topic of discussion on these boards. I don't think I'm comfortable with these threads going forward considering you only have to be over the age of 13 to even post here.

I guess I don't understand. Are you objecting to the topic in general or just any specifics methods of preventing sexual abuse?
Audioboxer
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:35 PM)
Audioboxer's Avatar

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

So I looked this up, and surprisingly the law actually does not cover cartoons. I don't want to regoogle this on my work computer (I checked on my phone), 18 US Code Section 2256 goes into this.

That being said, all in all it's that's a horrifying amount of people in so short a span.

I know the law doesn't, hence some of the shit that can be put online as "anime". 5,000-year-old dragons and all that. That post itself was more about how a paedophile would be talked to and treated when discussing rehabilitation/any sort of content where kids are involved.

I'm not actually 100% happy with how I articulated the whole post, but if it's not obvious enough with all the repetition of statements, I think the core message was clear. If anyone wants to talk about rehabilitation they need to accept the concepts of zero-tolerance around normalisation. Whatever the form of content is, even legal content.

The mind of a paedophile could sexualise a child in a bikini on the beach, whereas for you or I, that's simply a child in a bikini on the beach. It's not illegal for a child to be on the beach in a bikini. Many of them do not exist in the realms of people who can see children and just see children. There is often some sort of predatory or attraction based response, and therefore content that is sexual in nature or that can be viewed as sexual by them, often has to be restricted/taken away/monitored. So while some anime might be legal for you or me to watch, for a paedophile it would very likely be considered content they could use to normalise their sexual attraction to children. The legality of it isn't so much the concern here, but how content will be used to continue fueling sexualisation. It's why any sort of misguided post to seek out a "legal alternative" isn't the right way to go about tackling the way a paedophile thinks and/or has acted.

Louis Theroux did a fairly interesting singular documentary on paedophiles ~ http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55lp3g The fact of the matter is no, we do not live in countries where we line up and execute criminals. So yes, there does at times have to be conversations around rehabilitation and what do to with people who may be a danger to society. Some do remain locked up for life, but others do get back out into society. Like any criminal that serves time and gets out, we have to be as certain as possible they will not offend again, and in the case of paedophiles that get out a lot of that is risk management. Such as a sex offender list, relocating away from schools, never allowing them to work with children and as I expressed zero-tolerance policies around normalisation to convince them how severe it is for them to think sexually about children, let alone act. I'm not as familiar with all the routes of medication for management (such as SSRIs/tranquillizers/etc). I know people can opt for chemical castration, which is obviously a major response. IIRC that is something in the Louis documentary above (I'm sure one of the patients opts for it). I am 99.999% certain it is not legal for the Government to actually enforce chemical castration. Life behind bars would be the default legal response for such a high-risk criminal.
Yoshi
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:37 PM)
Yoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Not that surprising. I mean hell, a German rock band called the Scorpions had a cover featuring a photograph of a nude prepubescent girl. It was eventually replaced in the states, however Wikipedia features the cover. In 2008 it was reported to the FBI and investigated but ultimately determined it to be artwork that did not violate any US law. If that is accepted then drawn pornography is going to be as well.

Drawn child pornography is illegal in Germany. It greatly depends on what the intent of the content is. A picture of an undressed minor is not necessarily pornography, at least by the German law (and by my understanding of the word, as well), but it may of course be used as a substitute for pornography. There was a case of a German politician, who bought pictures of undressed minors and was investigated on, where it was discussed at length, that mere pictures of undressed minors do not qualify as child pornography, though the place he bought them off was sketchy and also selling stuff that was pornographic.

What I wanted to say is: Just because a picture of a nude minor is not considered necessarily illegal, it does not mean that drawn explicitly pornographic imagry isn't either.
SeanR1221
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:38 PM)
SeanR1221's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aselith

I would imagine it's because there's nothing to discuss and people like you want to make it into Loose Change.

Every single one of these threads people come out of the wordwork to insist that the mod team is "protecting" him.

Might as well lock 99% of the bad stories that get posted here then since there's nothing to discuss.

I also think its shitty when mods come out and say things like, "I didn't even like the guy before I was a mod!" and a quick post history interaction confirms that's not true.

The whole Amirox situation is incredibly shitty but the way the Neogaf moderation team handled the situation shouldn't be above criticism.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:38 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

I'm not actually 100% happy with how I articulated the whole post, but if it's not obvious enough with all the repetition of statements, I think the core message was clear. If anyone wants to talk about rehabilitation they need to accept the concepts of zero-tolerance around normalisation. Whatever the form of content is, even legal content.

I don't understand what you mean by 'normalization' when talking about rehabilitation. Rehab isn't about undoing what's been done, or making a crime acceptable. It's about preventing future crimes from taking place by addressing those who have or may commit them.

Originally Posted by Yoshi

Drawn child pornography is illegal in Germany.

I was just posting about it in the US. I don't know squat about German law.
Yoshi
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:43 PM)
Yoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

I was just posting about it in the US. I don't know squat about German law.

Your argument was that because the Scorpions cover was not considered illegal, it is to be expected, that drawn child pornography isn't either. The Scorpions cover was, to my knowledge, never even considered problematic in Germany, but drawn child pornography is illegal here, so it would be reasonable to expect the same could be true in the US, as well, right?
Izuna
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:44 PM)
Izuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xe4

Me as well. I actually looked up to him a bit lol.
Even if he was demodded for talking down to a rape victim that's pretty disappointing. But if it's the other rumor, that's gross.
I guess you know what they say about heroes.

Fake edit: Gaaahhh enough gossip for me today.

That whole thread was gross af

Originally Posted by Geoff

I may be wrong but I believe that cartoons ARE considered CP in the UK, which I think is possibly a bit silly. You could draw yourself into jail in about ten seconds. Although possibly I have that all wrong.

Good.

I was telling a friend who I went to Japan with that he better not bring some of this shit back to the UK because he'll get arrested. Wasn't there some article where artists of this shit were flat out pedos? Art inspires other art, it's not at all fine that this stuff just gets traced by another person when it originates from violence.
zoukka
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:45 PM)
zoukka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Westbahnhof

Advocating the mass slaughter of mentally ill people is a really bad look, even if they are dangerous predators.
Current year meme and all that, I honestly think we are more civilized than that.

Not saying all of them should be shot, but they are active predators, no mental-illness diagnose will change that. They are not hallucinating or anything, they are willingly participating in rape and are some of the worst humans in existense.
Sniper McBlaze
(07-06-2017, 09:46 PM)
Sniper McBlaze's Avatar
Holy shit at Amir0x. He'll be back soon on his CP forum NeonatalGAF.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:49 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yoshi

Your argument was that because the Scorpions cover was not considered illegal, it is to be expected, that drawn child pornography isn't either. The Scorpions cover was, to my knowledge, never even considered problematic in Germany, but drawn child pornography is illegal here, so it would be reasonable to expect the same could be true in the US, as well, right?

My 'argument' (it wasn't really an argument) is that if an actual child can be exploited by having nude photographs taken of her to be plastered on a piece of commercial media then I am not at all shocked when a piece of drawn or written media would not be seen as illegal. If a living breathing underage person can be exploited like that but fictional material prosecuted then it seems backwards.
How About No
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:54 PM)
How About No's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sniper McBlaze

Holy shit at Amir0x. He'll be back soon on his CP forum NeonatalGAF.

well depending on when he gets out of jail, and I'd assumed heavilly monitored afterward
Axial
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:54 PM)
Axial's Avatar
Have no empathy for pedos, hope they'll get their due in jail.

Originally Posted by JimCareyGaveMeChlamydia

Hell he might not even serve jail time.

With his rap sheet? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by Sniper McBlaze

NeonatalGAF

Nekofrog
Banned
(07-06-2017, 09:55 PM)
Nekofrog's Avatar
The worst job in the world has to be any kind of federal investigator who has to watch hours of this stuff to just get clues on how to find these people. Up close, pain staking detailed observance of this shit has to fuck with your head with each click of the play button. Ughhhvvvbbbggghv

Edit: and for some levity

Originally Posted by -Stranger-

87 thousand people that need to be put down.
As a father of a 7 and 1 year old this makes me sick and angry.

I really honestly thought you said you were the father of 7 1 year olds and my eyes bugged out for a second
zoukka
Member
(07-06-2017, 09:56 PM)
zoukka's Avatar
Mods too... holy hell is this insane. I always thought Amirox was crazy and creepy, but this is beyond fucked up.

Not the thing I wanted to read before going to sleep.

Thread Tools