• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionX

May the best woman win.

18v3uHz.gif

jk she better be dragon food.

Vashetti

Banned
I was thinking the other day, with 15 episodes left how are they going to tie up all the loose ends. Then I realized that half, if not more of the main characters that are still alive will probably be dead by the end and there won't be much to tie up.

7 this season, 6 the last.

Series went downhill for me when Joffre died.

Dang I miss Joffre & Tywin, they should have kept him in the show somehow.

Miss you Joff.

I'm not tired!

Lannisters definitely have the best cast.

JDB

Banned
Series went downhill for me when Joffre died.

Dang I miss Joffre & Tywin, they should have kept him in the show somehow.

Miss you Joff.

I'm not tired!

Lannisters definitely have the best cast.
It's too bad we ended up with Khaleesi and Jon. I don't feel like either are particularly interesting characters.

We need an extra rule:
If you see a gif or image in this thread from a recently aired episode, don't go posting it elsewhere without spoiler tagging and giving a warning what the spoiler contains.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm genuinely hoping for an ending where everyone or almost everyone dies and the zombies just take over the world or something

Would love the ending and would love the reactions to it even more

Whatever the ending is, I can't imagine it will be a happy one or one that most of the main characters live through.

JDB

Banned
Yeah, Joffrey was such a multidimensional character.
Joffrey was fine because we still had a ton of other strong characters. Those keep dying off and - in my opinion - uninteresting or poorly played characters are taking their place.

Einchy

We need an extra rule:
If you see a gif or image in this thread from a recently aired episode, don't go posting it elsewhere without spoiler tagging and giving a warning what the spoiler contains.

I remember when this one
wF3wP5v.gif

started showing up all over the place right after the episode aired.
Man, Stannis was done dirty by this show. Such a calculating, patient man becomes Leeroy Jenkins.

I mean, he kind of had to. A lot of his troops left people they were running out of supplies, and the blizzard was really fucking them up and the only way for the blizzard to end, was for him to sacrifice his daughter. This, however, made more troops leave since who the hell wants to fight for the guy who burns his daughter alive to perform dark magic?

Then the day of the battle happens, he killed his daughter and the woman who told him to do that just fled, your wife committed suicide and even more of your men escaped, I honestly think he didn't think he was going to win and didn't care.

There's this moment
pNG20S2.gif

where he just looks defeated even before the battle even started.

Rixxan

So I just rewatched The Battle of the Bastards

Gotta say, for as much flak as this show gets (deservedly so sometimes) for not being able to reach the heights of "prestige television", in terms of nuance or soulful artistic value

You'll never be able to tell me that's not one of the best hours of dramatic television to ever air

Has anyone watched via amazon prime's HBO sub? I was using AppleTV last year but it broke, and saw I could add HBO to prime for $15/mon, which is not bad even if I don't have time to watch anything besides GOT.

duckroll

We need an extra rule:

I'm confused as to how this is an extra rule, as opposed to something we already ban people for as part of ToS violation.

Nikodemos

Ignoring the fact that we still don't know his parent's marriage status to each other, and the fact that joining the Night's Watch disavows one from all titles, they seem to want to have things both ways.
He died. Night's Watch rules only work until death. It says so in their vow. He came back, so all their rules don't apply anymore. He carried out his duties as a Watchman to their term. He's a regular nobleman now. Albeit one with a special hidden parentage.

I'm confused as to how this is an extra rule, as opposed to something we already ban people for as part of ToS violation.

I've seen people post spoiler gifs/pics since season one. It happens every season. I know it's a ToS violation, but some people need to be reminded. Better to remind people before hand than afterwards when the damage is done.
It was just a suggestion.

Khansolo1

I just want Jon and bran to come out okay. I want one of them to sit on the iron throne, and the other either becomes warden of the north or even
King in the north

Loxley

I just want Jon and bran to come out okay. I want one of them to sit on the iron throne, and the other either becomes warden of the north or even
King in the north

Bran is one of the characters I'm most interested to find out where he ends up when all of this is said and done.

Crispy75

Bran is one of the characters I'm most interested to find out where he ends up when all of this is said and done.

The most interesting thing would be for his time loop to be fully closed and to become the mythical Bran who built the Wall. Which is probably a bit of a creative stretch for D&D and would have already been foreshadowed if it was going to happen.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Going back thru season 5 and 6 before it begins next week, aside from messing up Dorne spectacularly, it's better than I remember. Hardhome episode is tonight, can't wait.

I had to skip that Sansa scene though. Oddly enough it didn't bother me all that much the first time around but I had no stomach for it this time.

BTW I am in Ireland and just got a Sky Q box, how long after Sunday does GoT air on Sky Atlantic and are there adds?

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
EW said:
Tyrion and Cersei Lannister haven’t seen each other for a while, and any reunion between the two is likely to be fraught. After all, last we checked, Cersei had put a hit out on Tyrion for the murder of their father and her son (the latter of which he wasn’t guilty of, but try telling her that), and Jaime had sworn to kill Tyrion if he ever saw him again. “He’s returning home, and returning home a new person,” actor Peter Dinklage told Entertainment Weekly. “He has Dany and the dragons on his side but he is a very different person than when he left this place. And he’s returning to a brother he loves and a sister he…dot dot dot.” (Dinklage literally says “dot dot dot” here.) “He’s bracing himself.”

More of the interview at the link below. I think of all the people who will end up meeting this season. This is my most anticipated meeting. I really just want them to have a chance to talk and hash stuff out. It's always a pleasure when the two of them are on screen together. And it's been a long time coming.

Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage discuss Cersei and Tyrion’s season 7 journeys

Hearing that the Night's King and his army will go to the wall and the door previously opened by the giant will be opened once more. Once it is opened Zombie Hodor will make an appearance and hold the door so the White Walker army can attack Westeros.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Einchy

Stuck in the same tree the previous Three-Eyed Raven was.
I sorta still think Bran is Bran the Builder and MAYBE also The Three Eyed Raven. Latter is a Hail Mary type of prediction but I'll be damn surprised if he is let The Builder.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
He died. Night's Watch rules only work until death. It says so in their vow. He came back, so all their rules don't apply anymore. He carried out his duties as a Watchman to their term. He's a regular nobleman now. Albeit one with a special hidden parentage.
I'm not saying he is still beholden to the oaths of the Night's watch. But as of the moment he made them, he lost his place in line. Death gets him out of the oaths, but it doesn't give him his spot back. He goes to the back of the line.

Meaning that where he was Rhaegar's heir (let's pretend he wasn't a bastard) until the Night's oath, Dany takes the spot because of it. Death gave him his titles back, but not the original ranking due to being skipped over. So he's still an heir, but now to Dany.

this_guy

Has anyone watched via amazon prime's HBO sub? I was using AppleTV last year but it broke, and saw I could add HBO to prime for $15/mon, which is not bad even if I don't have time to watch anything besides GOT.

I used HBO Now on my Amazon Fire TV last year to watch GoT and everything worked fine.

Venture

Current Bran = Bran The Builder never made any sense to me. I don't see the point of it. Hold the Door was alright, but I really hope they're through with time travelling shenanigans.

hyp3rlink

So, they have 13 episodes to kill off around 10 main characters. I'll be expecting one major death every other episode at least.

Einchy

Not gonna lie, in a way I'm looking forward to a shorter season. I'm growing tired of weekly shows.
I'm only okay with it because the episodes are longer and I hope his means each one has a bigger budget.

Only 6 for the final season feels real shitty, though.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What's the chances of the white walkers not being defeated, and everyone flees to Essos? I honestly don't know how you can go from, "the long night lasted for generations" to "yeah we can wrap this up in 6 episodes." Maybe Khaleesi spending all that time freeing the slave cities is going to payoff in ways we didn't expect.

My guess is he's the human turned into the Nights King and/or the three eyed raven. We haven't seen either physically move their legs. The show hinted at the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom