• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always get the summon tickets, you never know what luck may bring. The ATK up cards are alright while the HP up ones are pretty meh unless you really, really like a particular servant and want to max out all their stats. Otherwise save them for future events that allow you to exchange them for special craft essences and other goodies.
Ok thanks. Might as well go with the summon tickets until I have some decent 4* and 5* characters then.

Another question: I got a 3* Lancer/Cu Chulain that looks slightly different than the one I already had 3 times. All I saw while comparing the stats was that the new one had slightly better ATK and slightly worse HP. Hee seems more rare than the other version (3:1 in my draws). Is he something "special" or just a another picture for the husbando-lovers?

Power of #YOLO draws with single ticket is amazing - I've got Atalante today :)

Now if only I could get caster better than 3* Cu my teams would be all 4* or better.

Ok thanks. Might as well go with the summon tickets until I have some decent 4* and 5* characters then.

Another question: I got a 3* Lancer/Cu Chulain that looks slightly different than the one I already had 3 times. All I saw while comparing the stats was that the new one had slightly better ATK and slightly worse HP. Hee seems more rare than the other version (3:1 in my draws). Is he something "special" or just a another picture for the husbando-lovers?

Different version. Most like your newest Draw is the Prototype version while you had the FSN version only until now. Gameplay wise they're just considered 2 different Servants and can both be fielded at once if you want.

Deadly

Alright got Jeanne's last ascension! It took like ~150 EXP cards for 80-90. Glad I had them stockpiled! I think I'll just farm QP now that none of my servants are close to ascension

Hubb

It's been three weeks. The Gil rateup dropped after a single week and its still ongoing.

I guess the Gil rateup is an event, but as far as gameplay is concerned it does nothing. Hopefully Nerofest starts on the 20/21, otherwise it'll be another week of doing nothing but QP/MP farm.

Slashlen

I'd almost rather they wait a few days on Nerofest as I still haven't finished the main/story quests, it doesn't make sense to work on those with 1/2 AP dailies.

I say almost because even more than that I just want some mats.

Well, I joined the 100 base AP club, reached player lvl 75, Finished Fuyuki/Orleans/Septem, finished Jeanne and Liz's Interludes, have 100/100 gold cards in the second archive, and 1000 MP from burning gold cards continuously as my main inventory caps.

I guess the most intelligent thing to do from this point would be continuing the 40 AP Ember quests as long as the half AP thing is still in effect.

I'll be glad when 1/2 AP is over tbh. So I can farm ascension materials and not feel guilty about wasting my AP. Tamamo Cat and Liz are way past overdue for their 2nd.

Hubb

You guys move through the content way too fast. The game has just come out 3 weeks ago.

And it'll be a month at least before more content (a grinding event) comes out. FGO has to compete with 1000s of other gacha games, and it isn't like FGO released with a ton of content.

Quonny

You guys move through the content way too fast. The game has just come out 3 weeks ago.
What content?

I cleared the story in like 4 days. The only other content is running story-less repeat maps and story-less daily quests with generic easy fights.

I mean, it's whatever, I know the events are coming...but what content?

What content?

I cleared the story in like 4 days. The only other content is running story-less repeat maps and story-less daily quests with generic easy fights.

I mean, it's whatever, I know the events are coming...but what content?

I am still halfway through Orleans 🤷 And I have been playing this thing every day when I can. I mean I have responsibilities and whatnot, but I think I have poured quite a bit of time into the game already

Event announcement will come later this week. If not next Monday.

I've been meaning to ask this, but I see a lot of folks on here talk about how a certain event will be coming at a certain time, or how there will be an announcement incoming, etc. Are we basing these off the JP release timeline, or are these details pertaining to the US side of things being shared on a social media platform? Their Facebook and Twitter accounts don't really say much aside from what is already in the game's News section

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been meaning to ask this, but I see a lot of folks on here talk about how a certain event will be coming at a certain time, or how there will be an announcement incoming, etc. Are we basing these off the JP release timeline, or are these details pertaining to the US side of things being shared on a social media platform? Their Facebook and Twitter accounts don't really say much aside from what is already in the game's News section

I'm judging based off of the current "event" end date. The 20th is when the Facebook event ends as well as the 1/2 AP campaign. It is all timing.

And it'll be a month at least before more content (a grinding event) comes out. FGO has to compete with 1000s of other gacha games, and it isn't like FGO released with a ton of content.

The game is printing money in both Japan and this new region, and it's a F2P you can play at your own pace. If you feel you have nothing to do, take a break until you're ready to play again. It's not going anywhere.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, I joined the 100 base AP club, reached player lvl 75, Finished Fuyuki/Orleans/Septem, finished Jeanne and Liz's Interludes, have 100/100 gold cards in the second archive, and 1000 MP from burning gold cards continuously as my main inventory caps.

I guess the most intelligent thing to do from this point would be continuing the 40 AP Ember quests as long as the half AP thing is still in effect.

I'll be glad when 1/2 AP is over tbh. So I can farm ascension materials and not feel guilty about wasting my AP. Tamamo Cat and Liz are way past overdue for their 2nd.

I've been focused on QP, a bit over 150m atm. Can never have enough! I have few MP though :( I want to get to 120 AP, that's my goal. At 112

Hubb

The game is printing money in both Japan and this new region, and it's a F2P you can play at your own pace. If you feel you have nothing to do, take a break until you're ready to play again. It's not going anywhere.

Sure, it is in Japan but it has a little ways to go before it can claim the same in the West. I get I can put it down and come back whenever I want, and I will, but how many others will do the same?

There isn't a ton of content right now, and I want to play more of this game. I don't think it is that strange to hope for them to release events at a quicker pace.

Sure, it is in Japan but it has a little ways to go before it can claim the same in the West. I get I can put it down and come back whenever I want, and I will, but how many others will do the same?

There isn't a ton of content right now, and I want to play more of this game. I don't think it is that strange to hope for them to release events at a quicker pace.

I'm having the opposite problem where I feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do all the stuff I want to do right now. Part of my issue is that I'm pretty much only grinding the dailies to take advantage of 1/2 AP cost because I know how much it sucks normally and I never have any AP left to do the story. I've been stuck halfway through Orleans for 2 weeks now.

I'm having the opposite problem where I feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do all the stuff I want to do right now. Part of my issue is that I'm pretty much only grinding the dailies to take advantage of 1/2 AP cost because I know how much it sucks normally and I never have any AP left to do the story. I've been stuck halfway through Orleans for 2 weeks now.

It's why I stated I'll be glad when this 1/2 AP thing is done. It's a bit of a curse. Thinking critically about how best to leverage it would lead most people to the same conclusion that doing anything other than the dailies is a waste. On top of that it takes a very long time for the 40AP experience daily to become AP negative.

It means we were all immediately thrown into a situation where grinding the same quest over and over until at least level 70+ was the most important thing we could do. A little early adoption burn out test...

I'm in the exact same predicament as you lol.

commish

This is the same complaint people make when every gacha game comes out for the last 5 years. At release there's not going to be a lot of content. Never is. Takes months to get into the swing of things. Not sure what people expect of a free game.

Hubb

This is the same complaint people make when every gacha game comes out for the last 5 years. At release there's not going to be a lot of content. Never is. Takes months to get into the swing of things. Not sure what people expect of a free game.

I'm not sure why people call these games "free" games anymore. It isn't like this is some flash game released on the internet 13 years ago. This is a premium product with an extremely lucrative business model.

In most other f2p games (at least the ones I have played) there is PvP, actual things to grind for, and regular events at the start/release. It is great if you think this is fine as is, or that the 1/2AP event is enough. All I was responding to was someone saying we cleared the content too fast. There isn't much of any content to clear, sure they are tempting you with the 1/2AP event, but that doesn't replace content.

x-Lundz-x

Are craft essenc cards one time use? O can anyone link me with a good guide that explains them? I still haven't used any and the game has not explained them that I remember. Thanks.

commish

I'm not sure why people call these games "free" games anymore. It isn't like this is some flash game released on the internet 13 years ago. This is a premium product with an extremely lucrative business model.

In most other f2p games (at least the ones I have played) there is PvP, actual things to grind for, and regular events at the start/release. It is great if you think this is fine as is, or that the 1/2AP event is enough. All I was responding to was someone saying we cleared the content too fast. There isn't much of any content to clear, sure they are tempting you with the 1/2AP event, but that doesn't replace content.

Which game was released with all this content at release? None that I've ever played, to be honest. I guess I just expect these types of free games to slowly build up content over time. In a few months things will be very different. When someone voices these complaints I always recommend stopping for a few months then returning.

Kenai

The f2p games I have tried at release had similar or less content to this one. (BE, FE:H, Record Keeper, Mobius, One Piece and Pokemon Go). I won't bore you with the details but I am sure you can look them up on what was actually available at launch and am quite pleased with what was available from this one from the get go, which was a 1/2 stamina dump and something to grind for/save for at the same time in those 4* exp cards and Mana Prisms. Now that I am level 70 and have a full bank of 4* gold cards for anything I might draw in the future (Iskandar PLZ) I can then work on Mana Prisms, so at least there's been something to do this whole time. I could even go after those (stupidly rare) Ascension mats if I wanted to really grind and get a few 70-80+s.

I won't defend this game too much (cause 1%) and this isn't amazingly inspired grind content or anything but it's definitely above average for launch week stuff to do once your rerolling is done.

Hubb

Which game was released with all this content at release? None that I've ever played, to be honest. I guess I just expect these types of free games to slowly build up content over time. In a few months things will be very different. When someone voices these complaints I always recommend stopping for a few months then returning.

LOL, I didn't realize PvP, actual things to grind for, and regular events at the start/release is a high bar. This is all such a weird defense to the point were I just don't know what to say to you. I don't play many f2p games, but the ones I do certainly had more to do at release.

Fire Emblem Heroes
Shadowverse
Hearthstone
Yugioh Duel Links
Fantasy War Tactics
Clash Royale

Again, if you enjoy grinding the 1/2AP dailies over and over again then enjoy it. I don't consider that content, and I don't see the issue with wanting them to release things quicker. I mean calling the Gil event an event is a bit of a joke. It is a rateup banner with some freebies given away.

The f2p games I have tried at release had similar or less content to this one. (BE, FE:H,.

Uh, FE:H definitely had more to do at release even if you just take in to account how long it took to level up characters compared to this game. FE:H certainly updated and added things quicker.

I've spent basically all of my quartz rolling for Gil, and while I've gotten some nice CEs like Limited/Zero Over, Formal Craft and Be Elegant as well as NP5ing FSN Cu Lancer and getting a Tamamo Cat, I still kinda feel bad. I guess I should still be satisfied that I rolled Waver as part of my tutorial quartz on the first try, and him and my free Herc can clear all of the content no problem. Gil is definitely one of my favourite characters though so it's a downer that I can't seem to roll him, as he's limited. I still have a little bit of quartz left to get in Rome and the remaining free summon tickets so fingers crossed, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't get him. The only other banner that really interests me in the near future is the Okita one, and I don't have nearly the same want for her as I do for Gil. Oh well.

I hate PvP in games like this where the way to win is spending more money than the other guy. Fuck that, PvP in mobile games can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned.

chrono01

Uh, FE:H definitely had more to do at release even if you just take in to account how long it took to level up characters compared to this game. FE:H certainly updated and added things quicker.
It did? My memory might be a little hazy, but I remember blowing through the main story content pretty quickly in FE:H (it didn't help that the story was pretty much a throw away, I really wasn't impressed with it :/). Inheritance wasn't even a thing then, so all we had to focus on after going through the ten or so chapters of the main scenario was grinding out our levels for the characters we had and do Arena every once in a while (or go through the main scenario again on a higher difficulty). It's more-or-less the same thing we're ding in F/GO right now, except instead of character levels we're farming ascension materials and/or XP cards to burn for Mana Prisms. If that's boring for you, there are A LOT of side-quests to go through for the first three areas of the game, not to mention all of the Interlude quests you'll unlock along the way.

Honestly the amount of content F/GO launched with was pretty decent. It might not have seemed like much, since the AP cap for completing the story quests were pretty much meaningless as we constantly had AP overflow meaning we could basically sit there and go through the whole thing without stopping. If we couldn't, like with FE:H when it launched and needing to wait for your stamina to replenish, it would have lasted a long time. The story was pretty lengthy too.

Content will come, but they're probably a bit hesitant to throw too much into the game right now since it could potentially be overwhelming to new players. Not everyone can play as hardcore as many of us are, so they're probably giving us a nice buffer between launch and the first "real" event, so people can level/ascend their characters a bit and increase their rank/team cost (hence the 1/2 AP promotion we have going on right now). The Gilgamesh event ends on the 20th, so I'm guessing in the next couple of days we'll hear more about the new event.

I've spent basically all of my quartz rolling for Gil, and while I've gotten some nice CEs like Limited/Zero Over, Formal Craft and Be Elegant as well as NP5ing FSN Cu Lancer and getting a Tamamo Cat, I still kinda feel bad. I guess I should still be satisfied that I rolled Waver as part of my tutorial quartz on the first try, and him and my free Herc can clear all of the content no problem. Gil is definitely one of my favourite characters though so it's a downer that I can't seem to roll him, as he's limited. I still have a little bit of quartz left to get in Rome and the remaining free summon tickets so fingers crossed, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't get him. The only other banner that really interests me in the near future is the Okita one, and I don't have nearly the same want for her as I do for Gil. Oh well.
Don't worry, Gilgamesh will come back. Just start saving up your tickets/quartz again and try later. I believe he returned 3-4 times in the Japanese release, so this won't be your only shot at him.

I wouldn't be playing this game if it had PvP. It would feel like constant pressure to not fall behind.

And it is amazing that you can level up as fast as you want. It's the one thing that makes this game not feel like an oppressive f2p game (not staring at dozens of progress meters that creep up slowly over days and weeks).

I actually stopped playing FE:H for many reasons, one of them being the PVP. The nature of the game is that you either play a ton or spend a ton. Only by doing that will you really have a chance at being even remotely competitive out there. Without that aspect I can just play for the fun of it, engage in discussion and take my time with the content without having to do things in any specific way to be more efficient.

Slashlen

The lack of PvP is for me one of the big selling points of this game and why I expect to stick with it. As long as they don't go crazy with requiring limited OP servants for clearing content(everything the JP crowd has said indicates this is NOT the case), the game isn't really trying to force me to spend money. PvP inevitably causes this as people figure out the best teams and you need to either whale for that team or accept that you'll get crushed by them. It's just a constant need to keep up to avoid feeling like you've been left behind by all the spenders.

FGO seems to expect very little of me. I don't feel like I have to keep up with anything, I can play a little, or until my stamina's empty. If I decide I need to drop it for a while, I don't think I'll be punished much for missing out. I quit Hearthstone a while back, and whenever I see them make improvements, I remind myself I'll never ever return to that game because I don't want to grind to get a decent deck again. FGO, I could see someone quit for a year and come back and they're ready to go.

commish

LOL, I didn't realize PvP, actual things to grind for, and regular events at the start/release is a high bar. This is all such a weird defense to the point were I just don't know what to say to you. I don't play many f2p games, but the ones I do certainly had more to do at release.

Fire Emblem Heroes
Shadowverse
Hearthstone
Yugioh Duel Links
Fantasy War Tactics
Clash Royale

Again, if you enjoy grinding the 1/2AP dailies over and over again then enjoy it. I don't consider that content, and I don't see the issue with wanting them to release things quicker. I mean calling the Gil event an event is a bit of a joke. It is a rateup banner with some freebies given away.

Heathstone seems like a weird game to compare this to. Totally different genres. Same with some of those other ones. Different games altogether, tho FWT was pretty good at launch. I think they just included more from the release in other regions tho. Clash Royale had more content? It had pvp and that's it. Of course, it's my most played game the last 1.5 years but still, not much content to it.

FE:H definitely had very little content at release. That was the last game I had this same conversation about. Lots of complaints of no content at release. Weird that it's now held as one with the most content?

Anyway, we will see the pace at which content is released for this game. I wouldn't mind a faster pace compared to other regions.

Zanzura

There's also the fact that the localization team was just 3 people. It's only after launch that they've been "given more resources", so it might take a little time to get things rolling. I dunno how text-heavy the next set of content is so this may or may not be a factor.

Fake edit before posting: here are the links for the Anime Expo FGO translator panel that attendees reported on:

https://twitter.com/Kagu_nyas/status/881228226923646976
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6krfv0/ax_aniplex_booth_summary/

Them going back to edit/redo parts of already released content might delay things a little further.

OVDRobo

Not really getting the lack of content complaints myself.

If you're looking for things to do at the moment, you have several options:
Do story missions
Do free missions for quartz
Do any available interludes
Grind daily missions for master levels and mana prisms
Grind free missions and dailies for ascension materials

Even if you've gone all-in like me and you've completed all available story content, free missions and interludes, there's still plenty of reasons to grind until the Nero Fest begins. These aren't meant to be games that you spend entire days playing. Just pick it up and put it down a little while later at the beginning and end of your day to do a bit of grinding and make a little progress.

There's plenty of servants in the game already so if you really want to play pick a character you like and level them up, even if it's only to hit the bond or ascension threshold for their first interlude. Quartz is quartz no matter the source.

Really glad there's not PvP just because of my past experiences. Imagine if you tied the only guaranteed source of ascension materials in the game to combat against every bullshit player-created team combination imaginable that only pays out on a weekly basis. That's what I've had to put up with since the beginning of Fire Emblem Heroes.

Hubb

Heathstone seems like a weird game to compare this to. Totally different genres. Same with some of those other ones. Different games altogether, tho FWT was pretty good at launch. I think they just included more from the release in other regions tho. Clash Royale had more content? It had pvp and that's it. Of course, it's my most played game the last 1.5 years but still, not much content to it.

FE:H definitely had very little content at release. That was the last game I had this same conversation about. Lots of complaints of no content at release. Weird that it's now held as one with the most content?

Anyway, we will see the pace at which content is released for this game. I wouldn't mind a faster pace compared to other regions.

They are different games, but they are both f2p and that list is pretty much all I have played as far as phone f2p games are concerned.

I still play FE:H and the only real complaints I remember hearing (and myself having) at the start were the stamina costs and max amount of stamina held. Even checking the patch notes history for FE:H it is easy to see they added more in a month than FGO will.

At the end of the day I just want to be able to grind something (or more story content) other than the MP/QP dailies. I could go back to trying for Saber's 4th Ascension, but I'd probably find the cure to cancer faster than farming those mats.

Not really getting the lack of content complaints myself.

If you're looking for things to do at the moment, you have several options:
Do story missions
Do free missions for quartz
Do any available interludes
Grind daily missions for master levels and mana prisms
Grind free missions and dailies for ascension materials

Even if you've gone all-in like me and you've completed all available story content, free missions and interludes, there's still plenty of reasons to grind until the Nero Fest begins. These aren't meant to be games that you spend entire days playing. Just pick it up and put it down a little while later at the beginning and end of your day to do a bit of grinding and make a little progress.

There's plenty of servants in the game already so if you really want to play pick a character you like and level them up, even if it's only to hit the bond or ascension threshold for their first interlude. Quartz is quartz no matter the source.

Really glad there's not PvP just because of my past experiences. Imagine if you tied the only guaranteed source of ascension materials in the game to combat against every bullshit player-created team combination imaginable that only pays out on a weekly basis. That's what I've had to put up with since the beginning of Fire Emblem Heroes.

Even when you write it out like that it doesn't sound like that much. It basically boils down to do the story (which doesn't last long thanks to the crazy amount of AP you can amass) or grind the same boring fights over and over again with the occasional interlude thrown in. It isn't like I play this game all day, I usually empty my AP at lunch and before I go to bed and sometimes when I have downtime at work.

I like the ip, I like the game, I am going to keep playing. We are just going to have to agree to disagree, there is no way to convince me to believe what is currently released is "a lot" of content.

Kenai

Not really? Since we were feather starved way more back then, uncapping characters so you could "finish" them wasn't realistic at all, and there was little point anyway with no inheritance. Arena was literally win 7 times in a row once per week with a limit of 3 tries per day, plus arena imbalance also meant exceptional luck/being a whale to stay up there was necessary due to Takumi/Hector/Azura/Lucina/Ryoma outclassing everyone else, which I wouldn't call a plus. If your characters were capped on exp/skills, your arena was done for the week, and your once a month quests were done, there was literally nothing to do, nothing to grind, until inheritance came out ~6 weeks after launch. And it didn't really start having stuff to do on a regular basis until Tempest started rotating with Gauntlets, which was a very recent addition (June).

If I get bored of grinding quest dailies here for exp/prisms, I have a lot of free quests with added story, a lot of extra quests related to the characters I am working on, and Ascension mats to hunt down (if they are available anyway). Like I said, not amazing, but certainly not low tier options. If we didn't know what was coming (like with Fire Emblem) I would share concerns, but we know what we will be getting for the next several years and it's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom